Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ the second return of blackout ❯ life after death & conclusion ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Life after death
 
Shadow stood in the middle of a forest, unable to remember anything, except for his name, and one other hedgehog, whoose name he couldn't remember either, It was a pink female hedgehog. It really bothered him that he couldn't remember her name.
 
“Why can't I remember anything, and just who am I?” (Foreshadowing)
 
shadow began to walk out of the forest, and had a sudden flashback, he was falling to earth, and another hedgehog who looked like him was flying away, leaving him to die. Only one sound was in the memory, him yelling angrily, “SONIC! YOU BASTARD! I'LL KILL YOU!”
 
“So, did that hedgehog, Sonic kill me? If he didn't then why do I remember yelling that at him?”
 
“I guess that means he's the one I need to find, and if necissary, kill.”
 
With Blackout
 
Blackout woke up, it was the middle of the night.
 
“Just… just a dream…” He was breathing hard, “but if it isn't just a dream, oh god…”
 
“If what wasn't just a dream?” A familiar voice asked.
 
Blackout turned around, towards the voice, saying, “It isn't him, it isn't him, it isn't him…”
 
But it was who he thought. Shadow the Hedgehog was standing in the same room as him.
 
“So, you're Sonic, correct?” he asked.
 
Blackout knew that he the last time him and Shadow fought, he defeated him easily. But something was different. Shadow had gotten stronger, Blackout could feel power radiating off of Shadow.
 
“No, I'm not Sonic. My name is Blackout. This is the right house, though.”
 
“Good, so where is he anywa—” Shadow was interrupted by Sonic, who had been woken up by the conversation.
 
“What the hell is happening?”
 
“Erm, a friendly reunion?” Blackout asked
 
“Sonic?” Shadow asked
 
“Shadow? How did you even survive that damn fall?”
 
“None of your buisness, but I need to know, why did you let me fall?”
 
“I.. I don't know… I thought you were right behind me untill it was too late.”
 
“Hmph, yeah, right.”
 
Shadow raised his hand, and muttered, “Chaos… spear!”
 
The bolt of energy shot through the air, passing straight through Sonic's heart, before hitting a wall, knocking it over. Blackout looked at Shadow, just as he teleported off. Then he realized something…
 
“Wait, Amy's staying overnight, and Shadow knocked over a wall, so…”
 
He ran into the room Amy was in, as the house began to fall apart. He picked her up and ran out of the house. She woke up in time to see her hero's house collapse.
 
“No… no… no…”
 
The next day, Amy woke up again, unsure when she had fallen asleep, with a note next to her. She picked it up and read it.
 
Amy,
 
I know that you loved Sonic, and I couldn't think of any other way to tell you this, but Sonic died last night. The name of the killer is to be only known by me, as I saw him kill Sonic, and knew him. The killer killed Sonic in a way that it would seem that only I could've pulled it off. He probably didn't even realize that he did this. So, until I can be proven innocent, goodbye, Amy Rose.
 
Blackout The Hedgehog
 
Amy read the note several times, hoping that she had read it wrong. She just couldn't believe that Sonic was dead. Not knowing what to do, she went looking for everyone. First, she found Tails, whom had been one of the first people Amy had called to inform them of Blackout's return. She decided not to show him the note.
 
“I'm telling you amy, Blackout is the only one who could've killed Sonic with a Chaos Spear. He's the last person on earth who can do that.”
 
“I know, Tails, I know.”
 
Everyone else said the same thing, “Only Blackout could've pulled it off.”
 
 
 
Meanwhile…
 
Blackout stood on the edge of a cliff, eyes closed.
 
“Shadow…” He whispered to himself, “You managed to make me fail my purpose, right next to me. I was too slow, too weak, too scared.”
 
Those words echoed in his head, “You're too weak, too slow, too scared.”
 
Blackout opened his eyes, and if anyone was there to see him, they would've seen his eyes go from pitch black to blood red.
 
“Shadow” He said, “You have just made a mistake that you will regret for the rest of your miserable existance, which I swear to end, for good.”
 
Shadow stood in a dark forest, slowly remembering pieces of his past, his first encounter with Blackout, and other things.
 
“So, Blackout had something to do with my death as well. Looks like I have a new target…”
 
Blackout stood there, on the edge, next to a tree. He looked at it, and punched it. It snapped in half when his fist made contact with it. Suddenly, someone behind him started clapping. He turned around to see a female hedgehog, about his age, with pale pink quills, and blue eyes. Other than that and her clothes, she looked almost exactly like Amy.
 
“Who are you?” he asked.
 
“My name is Angel, and your name would be…?”
 
“Blackout.”
 
“Well, Blackout, it seems to me that something's bothering you.”
 
“Is it that easy to tell?”
 
“Yes. Let me guess, you were supposed to do something but someone did something that prevented you from doing your task.”
 
“You're good.”
 
“I know, but if it makes you feel better, we could talk to make you feel better.”
 
“Okay, I guess so.”
 
“Alright, so, what do you think about that team, I think it was team Sonic?”
 
“Well, they're… good at their job.”
 
“I like that one who died a while back, but never was really a member of the team.”
 
“Shadow?”
 
“Yeah, that's him!”
 
“Shadow isn't dead.”
 
“What?”
 
So Blackout went on to explain how Shadow was alive, and how he killed Sonic, and so on. By the end of the day, they were talking as if they had been friends for ther entire lives.
 
“Wow, it's late. Nice meeting you, Blackout.” She gave him a piece of paper with some writing on it, “Here's my adress and phone number. I'd love to talk to you again.”
 
She kissed him on the cheek and walked away. Had she stayed she would have seen Blackout blush. Blackout then had a realization.
 
`If Shadow found Sonic, it's only a matter of time before he finds everyone else, and that would mean that Amy's… oh shit
 
He ran to Amy's house, but found it in pieces.
 
“No… no, no…”
 
He tossed aside rubble that even Knuckles couldn't lift, and finally found Amy, badly cut and wounded. Blackout lost hope when he wiped away blood from one of her cuts, and none came from the gash to replace it. He lost all hope when she had no pulse.
 
“Shadow… you will die for this.”
 
Blackout looked around, and found Amy's television still working, replaying the same clip over and over. It apparently was recorded by Shadow, as it was his voice.
 
“ If the entire team Sonic isn't dead by midnight, I will destroy every house in Station Square. And, yes Blackout, I know about Angel, and if you want her to live, you will be at her house by midnight, I want you alive.”
 
12:00 AM
 
Shadow stood in Angel's living room, waiting for Blackout. Behind him was Angel, tied to a chair, beaten, and halfway to hell. Blackout still hadn't arrived.
 
“Well, Angel, now you see what kind of coward Blackout is. He failed to save Sonic, and Amy.”
 
“Shadow…” Blackout said, now suddenly behind him
 
“How?!”
 
“Not important.” Blackout said, punching Shadow in the back of the head, then teleporting in front of him, then punching him in the stomach.
 
“Blackout…” Angel said weakly.
 
“Shadow… what the hell did you do to her?”
 
“I only did what I had to to draw you out.”
 
“Well, you did a bit more than that. Now you've made me mad. That will be the last mistake you'll ever make.”
 
“No, it won't. I never make mistakes. I am the Ultimate lifefor—”
 
Blackout chaos speared Shadow in the face, “Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've heard it before.”
 
Shadow recovered from the last attack very quickly.
 
“Shadow, you do make mistakes. Killing Sonic was one of them.”
 
At that moment, all of the remaining members of Team Sonic conveniently walked in. Shadow looked at them.
 
“Well, Blackout, it seems that the remainders of your friends are here. And just in time to see you die.”
 
“although that may be true, I'm going to be the only one who dies today. You may or may not survive this, Shadow. I, however will not.”
 
Blackout floated up into the air, and basically exploded in a burst of energy. The burst brought back Sonic and Amy, and also made Shadow see what he had done wrong. When the explosion ended, Angel managed to free herself from the ropes, and ran to Blackout's dead body.
 
“No… Blackout, you idiot… why'd you have to do that…”
 
slowly, but steadily, everyone recovered from that event, but nobody ever fully recovered.
 
The end
 
Sequel coming soon!