Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Power Trip ❯ Mind Tricks ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Summary

When unfortunate events cause Sonic and his friends to be pulled into a new adventure, they find themselves in more trouble than they have ever been! Finding out that Shadow had survived the ARK fall and had been forced to join Dr. Eggman in a power trip is only half of it! They also run into new characters, one being Sonic's younger long lost sister! Now Sonic and the rest, along with his new friends, have to race to collect the seven Chaos Emeralds before Eggman and Shadow do. Throughout this whole incident, Sonic believed that he owed it to Shadow to at least find out what had made him join Eggman and maybe even help him reconsider his mistake in joining forces with the mad scientist. Sonic and Amy's relationship grows to new levels as well as the others. (Sonic X Amy, Tails X Cream, Knuckles X Rouge)

Authors note: Listed below are new ages for the Sonic characters. This story takes place five years after the "Sonic Adventure 2" events happened. I have bumped up some of the characters ages incorrectly to fit this stories needs!
Sonic the Hedgehog age 20 - Miles Tails Prower age 16 - Knuckles the Echidna age 22 - Amy Rose age 18 - Shadow the Hedgehog age 55 - Rouge the Bat age 24 - Dr. Eggman age 50 - Cream the rabbit age 15.Disclaimer: I do not own nothing except the created characters that are featured in this story as well as my imagination that goes along with it XD. Sonic and the rest of his friends and enemies =) belong to Sega/Sonic Team.Enjoy!



Chapter 1: Mind Tricks


Eggman grunted with annoyance as he stomped and pushed his way through a large forest that is located a few miles away from City Hall. He was looking for a Chaos Emerald that his chaos radar had picked up a while ago from his hidden base. He planned to search for the seven chaos emeralds way before the space colony, known as the ARK, had even touched the earth yesterday night. Just because he had to literally make himself cooperate with Sonic and his annoying friends to save the Earth, did not mean that he was going to dance around like an idiot and join the "Sonic Heroes"! Eggman gagged at that mere though! He simply helped save the Earth from destruction because well...how will he create his Eggman empire if there was no planet to built and rule upon?

As Eggman continued his search for the Chaos Emerald, he suddenly tripped over a rather stiff figure on the mossy grounds of the forest. Luckily, he instantly caught his footing before he went tumbling down to the ground. As he got himself straighten out, he eyed whatever object had dared to almost inflict pain upon him. As soon as he saw just what had tripped him, his eyes widen with absolute awe. There, right below him, was the extremely damaged form of one of the hedgehogs who had previously saved the world. The black and red striped hedgehog known as Shadow the Hedgehog! But because of the critical state the hedgehog was in, his red stripes were barely visible. Eggman knew that Shadow was alive because of the ever so lightly breathing he released once in a while. How any individual could withstand a fall from the Earth's atmosphere, at top speed mind you, was extremely beyond his knowledge! But then again, Shadow was not just an ordinarily hedgehog. He was created by Eggman's intelligent grandfather, known as Professor Gerald Robotnik! Eggman hastily decided to discard his search for the Chaos Emerald for the time being and bring Shadow back to his hidden base to heal his battered form. He grinned as new plans began to form in his diabolical mind

X-X-X-x-x-x-x-X-X-X

As Eggman stepped foot into his base, he hurriedly headed to his laboratory and placed Shadow's burnt form into a specially made healing tube that he calls the “Egg-Healer”. How it worked was simple. As soon as an individual is placed into the Egg-Healer, the tube is flooded with specially medicated water that healed all wounds in approximately five hours. Time varied depending on the state the individual was in. Unfortunately, Eggman had other plans then just healing the badly battered hedgehog. You see, he had put a metal curved plate on the black hedgehog's head. The plate had a thick mixture of wires, which are all connected to one of Eggman's master computers.

“I'm willing to bet that when Shadow awakens, he won’t be willing to cooperate with me,” Eggman said to himself thoughtfully as he was typing away on the master computer's keyboard. After a couple of strikes of keys, a bunch of video images appeared on the huge screen above the master computer. Eggman was staring at all of Shadow’s memories! He began scrolling down to almost the second to last set of video imagines and proceeded to quickly scan through them for useful information.

"Hmm…" Eggman pondered, "What was Shadow's most precious memory that would make him discard the goody-two- shoe side of him..."

Eggman continued to highlight through the parts of Shadow’s memories until he landed on the memories of Maria’s promise. Eggman grinned nastily as he watched Maria's emotional display on the screen and “accentually" pressed the big red button marked as "DELETE".

However...

“Error, cannot delete…” The Master Computer's voice stated.

Eggman typed in “Why?” and pressed enter.

“Reasons unknown….” The Computer responded.

Eggman sighed with frustration as he typed in “What can I do to fix this?”

“You are the one in control here, not I. I am just a computer, simply fallowing orders…”

Eggman glared at the computer as if it could see him. He started to ponder for a few minutes and then come up with another plan just as malicious as the first.

“Hoho! If I can not delete this part of the memory, then I’ll just make him believe that what Maria said was to rule the world, not help it!” He said as he once again typed away on the computer.

When he finished typing, he pressed enter and the computer did not seem to have problems installing the new information into Shadow’s brain. He smiled and stretched with complete satisfaction at his work.

X-X-X-x-x-x-x-X-X-X

Shadow was on a bunk bed resting, after five plus hours off being contained in the Egg-Healer. After several minutes, Shadow slowing began to awaken, only to see blur.

“Maria...? Is that you?” Shadow asked as he stared at Eggman with a dreamy expression. “Yes” Eggman responded in the most girlish voice he could muster.“Really…”Shadow asked as his eyes widened, though his vision was still blurry. “No idiot! It’s me! Dr. Eggman!” Eggman spat while smacking Shadow off the head.“Ouch!” Shadow half yelled as he rubbed the spot Eggman had attacked him on. When he blinked a few times, he was finally able to see more clearly, “Wh-where am I?”“You are in my base…” Eggman answered firmly.

Suddenly, Shadow eyes widened as memories hit him like a tsunami wave. ”Maria…”Shadow mumbled as he digested the incoming memories.

Eggman began to become a little worried thinking that maybe the memories he had tampered with didn’t do the trick.

“Maria...I broke your promise....” Shadow stated with raw sadness, "Why did I recue the world yesterday when all you wanted was revenge on the people of earth and complete world domination?"

Eggman, at this point, was astonished! He did not expect Shadow to react like this. Eggman began thinking maybe he over did it. He did not tell the computer to make Shadow regret saving the Earth did he? ”Hell! I’m so anger right now, that I’m about to blow up the world this instant!” Shadow shouted instantly with rage as he rose to his feet.

‘Yep, I over did it…’Eggman thought as he became more nervous, ‘But maybe I could persuade him to change his mind…’

“Yeah! I’m about to get one of them big nukes and blow this-”

“Hey I got a better idea!” Eggman cut in.

Shadow started at Eggman with irritation. How dare he interrupt his ranting like that? “Go on…” he replied with interest.

“You and me should work together to complete Maria's wish for world domination!” Eggman shouted with intensity. Shadow thought for a second before responding, “Naaa. Blowing up the world sounds much better-” Shadow started.

Eggman was now really worried. He might have just made Shadow in to a lunatic! “But-”

Eggman's hope rose up again at the word "but".

“-Now that I think about it, you are right. I could still fulfill Maria's wish..."Shadow finished.
“So, you’ll do it?!” Eggman asked with hope.

“Hmmm, yeah…sure... why not…” Shadow said. He sounded a little unsure though.

“MUWHAHAHAHA EXCELLENT!” Eggman shouted.




FIVE YEARS LATER

Ever since Shadow and Eggman had formed an alliance, they had made many attempts to achieve complete world domination, but none were successful because of a certain blue hedgehog and his friends. When Sonic and the rest of his friends found out that Shadow was alive, they were surprised and trilled, but also curious as to way in blue blazes would Shadow start working with Eggman again. Sonic had asked the black hedgehog once in a fight, but all he had gotten as a reply was “I wish for absolute world domination, that was her wish, so now it is mines to fulfill.” After that day, Sonic never asked again, but he vowed to himself that he would one day find out what Eggman had done to Shadow because the black and red hedgehog's behavior was certainly odd after he helped save the world. His other friends assumed that Shadow maybe just helped save the world for the same reason Eggman did; to basically have a world to rule over and, of course, to save his own butt. However, our blue hero knew better than that. There was something done to Shadow around the time he was found alive and he aimed to find out what it is. It was now five years later and Sonic had made no progress in finding any lead that would explain to him where the black hedgehog went wrong. The others have given up, but our blue hero still had faith in Shadow.

About four years ago, the government had decided that Sonic the Hedgehog's heroic duties should get rewarded. So the president had decided that Sonic should get enough money to last him his entire life time. Sonic really wanted to decline that offer, but his friends had literally, almost kicked his butt for even thinking of doing such thing. Sonic was never a money person to begin with, so all he really used his money for was for the daily things that he needed to live comfortably. There was only one thing that he had bought that was extremely expensive as soon as he received the cash, and that was a five story tall mansion complete with 10 rooms in each floor. Every one of his friends had thought that the mansion was completely ridiculous! Who needs fifty rooms in a home? The only people who lived in that huge mansion of his were Amy, Tails, Cream, and himself. So why Sonic wanted an extra forty-eight rooms was completely beyond them. Not to mention that getting lost all the time was really infuriating.

In these past five years, Sonic and his friends have changed a lot, as well as his enemies. Sonic the Hedgehog has increased in height and has longer quills that touchdown almost to his waist. He also wore a pair of blue baggy jeans and grind-able white sneakers.

About three years ago, Sonic had decided to finally confess to Amy that he actually really liked her. He developed strong feeling for her almost as soon as she began to mature from her "Sonic-fan-girl-issues". Running away from the pink hedgehog was absolutely not an option, in his opinion. He loved having his Amy all over him! Especially now since she looked stunning. Her normally short quills were a few inches below her collarbones. Her normal dressing style was completely discarded for a brighter red tight shirt, along with tight bell-bottom jeans and a pair of white and red sneakers.

One thing that really had Sonic completely astonished was how much his best buddy, Miles “Tails” Prower, has changed. Where did he go wrong with that fox? I mean how do you go from being a complete nerdy mechanic, to a complete horny perverted individual? Though he still showed those mechanical qualities, Sonic swears sometimes that his best buddy had run away and this was a whole new person. Along with his personality change also came his appearance change. His two tails had increased in length, thus also increasing his flight abilities. He now wore a slightly tight white tank top along with a pair of loosely fitted jeans and a pair of white and yellow sneakers.

And then we have Cream the Rabbit. You all remembered that innocent little cute rabbit that was so polite and well - just very sweet to everybody! I mean who could forget her? Well nobody would believe that this once sweet naive rabbit is now a completely sexually energized energizer bunny! I mean dear god, this rabbit is so disgustingly perverted that the only individual that could possibly be interested in her is well…Tails of course. Off went the cute looking school uniform, for a new set of revealing clothes. She wore a super skin tight pink shirt that had the words, "You think I've been a bad bunny lately?" integrated on it, and a short white skirt that barely reached her ankles. She also had a pair of glittering bright pink slip-ons shoes. This horny rabbit would always seem to "accidentally" drop something on the floor in order to just give everybody the full moon. It didn't help that if Tails so happened to be around the area, he would spank her bottom. Once again, Sonic had asked himself just where he went wrong with said fox.

Knuckles the Echidna was the same old loner he had always been. Sonic in fact asked Knuckles if he would like to live at his mansion, but the red echidna declined saying he liked living in his created hut near the Master Emerald. His appearance did not change much other than his dreadlocks length and his height. Knuckles refused to wear any type of clothing other than his red, green and yellow sneakers. Sonic had wished that Knuckles would loosen up and come to his mansion to hang out for a while, but he simply never did. Sometimes during Sonic's monthly visits, he would find the echidna blushing madly and completely covered with bright pink lipstick marks. Sonic had asked his long time friend from whom was he getting those kisses from, even thought he had an idea, but Knuckles would just always change the subject.

Looks like good old Knuckie had a soft spot for a certain sexy bat girl.

To Be Continued…