Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic X: Day of the Dragon ❯ The invitation ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Sonic and friends ran to the altar where the Master Emerald was to see what was happening. It was flashing very brightly.
 
“Knuckles, what is happening?” asked Cosmo.
 
“The Master Emerald is reacting to something, but I don't know what.”
 
Suddenly the Master Emerald glowed so bright that it was blinding. Then it faded and returned to normal.
 
“What just happened?” asked Sonic.
 
“Wait, what's that?”
 
A small letter floated down over the master emerald and onto the ground. Knuckles picked it up and looked at it.
 
“Whatever it is it's for you Sonic.”
 
Sonic took a look at the letter.
 
“Wait a minute… It's from Chris!”
 
Sonic opened the letter and read it.
 
“… No way!”
 
“What is it?” asked Tails.
 
Sonic smiled and said, “Looks like we've all been invited to a wedding.”
 
“What!?!”
 
“According to this Chris and Helen are getting married and they want us to come.”
 
Amy took a look at the letter and said, “Chris and Helen? That's wonderful! Hey Cream it says here they want you to be the flower girl.”
 
“Me? Really?”
 
“Sounds wonderful, I've never been to Chris' planet before, but how do we get there?” asked Cosmo.
 
“Simple Cosmo.” said Tails “We'll take the Blue Typhoon.”
 
“I can't go.” said Knuckles.
 
“What!?!” exclaimed everybody.
 
“Are you nuts?” said Sonic “Chris is our friend; we should be there on the biggest day of his life.”
 
“It is my duty to stay here and guard the Master Emerald.”
 
“By all means take it with us.” said Amy “When we used it to power the Blue Typhoon last time nothing bad happened.”
 
“Are you crazy?” said Knuckles “We can't just leave the planet while Eggman is still…”
 
Suddenly Knuckles was lifted off the ground.
 
“Hey what the?”
 
Cosmo had lifted Knuckles off the ground using her Telekinetic powers, and now…
 
“Oh no, AHAHAHAHAHHAAA, PLEASE STOP! AH HA HA HA HA! TICKLING TORTURE! HA HA HA HA HA, OKAY I'LL GO!”
 
“Thank you Cosmo. So are we all going?” asked Sonic.
 
“Count me in.” said Amy.
 
“I'll have to ask my mom first.” said Cream.
 
“Okay, Tails how soon can we get going?” asked Sonic.
 
“I just need to make a few adjustments to the Blue Typhoon; it should be ready by tomorrow night.”
 
“Okay guys you heard him, pack your bags.”
 
Tails spent the better part of the next day making the adjustments to the Blue Typhoon.
 
“So what are you doing exactly?” asked Cosmo.
 
“Do you remember when Chris came here right after the Metarex attacked?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“He claimed that on his planet it had been six years since we left. On our planet it had only been six months. And when he came here to help us defeat Gigex he claimed that two more years had passed, only instead of looking like a twelve year old again he appeared as his proper age of twenty.”
 
Cosmo laughed a little and said, “Traveling through time and space isn't an easy process.”
 
“No it isn't which is why I'm installing this new time space warp. It uses the chaos emerald to create a warp in the time-space continuum. With precise calculations it will send us any where and when we want to go without any accidents. But if there is the slightest miscalculation we might end up in the wrong place entirely, or we might end up in the right place but one hundred years too early or too late.”
 
“That sounds complicated. But I know you can do it Tails.”
 
By nightfall the Blue Typhoon was all ready to go, and everyone had their things stored aboard it.
 
“Ladies and gentlemen welcome aboard the Blue Typhoon and thank you for choosing Prower Air.”
 
“Just take off.” said Amy.
 
“Hey, Tails is the captain here Amy.” said Cosmo.
 
“Thank you Cosmo.” said Tails “Knuckles, is the Master Emerald in place?”
 
“Ready to go.”
 
“Okay then who wants to join me in the big countdown? 5… 4… 3… 2… 1. Blastoff!”
 
The Blue Typhoon blasted off into space. Tails waited a little bit before firing up the warp.
 
“Okay coordinates are set and we are good to go.”
 
“Are you sure this is going to work?” asked Knuckles.
 
“I've double checked the coordinates like a million times already, and I tested the thing when I sent Chris our reply. It will work.”
 
Tails pressed some buttons and then said, “Ladies and gentlemen fasten your seatbelts.”
 
A giant golden vortex appeared in front of the Blue Typhoon, Tails flew into it, and then it flashed out of existence.