Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic X: Night of the Vampire ❯ Gigex Lives Again ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Introduction
Long ago when the universe was young, an evil tyrant and sorcerer by the name of Gigex the Impaler ruled the galaxy with an iron fist. Upon the aftermath of his galactic campaign of conquest he had successfully brought all seven chaos emeralds together, he sought to use their power to make himself immortal, he succeeded but at a terrible price, he was now no longer among the living so he could not die, but neither was he dead, and now he had an insatiable thirst for the life force of others, and became a life sucking monster of the night. For years he struck terror throughout the galaxy draining the life of his victims and turning them into servants of his evil, until one day a brave hero came forward to defeat Gigex by locking him away in the sarcophagus of never ending sleep for eternity… But not even eternity is forever.
 
 
Chapter 1: Gigex Lives again
 
It was a dark and stormy night. Rouge the Bat had heard that Sonic had once again obtained the seven chaos emeralds and hidden them in this cemetery for safe keeping.
 
“A tisket, a tasket, which crypt has the emerald casket?”
 
Rouge could not imagine why Sonic and his friends would hide the Chaos Emeralds in this God forsaken spot, but if there was a chance she could obtain the emeralds she could not ignore it.
 
“If what I overheard from Eggman is correct then the emeralds should in this crypt right here.”
 
Unsurprisingly she found the crypt's door locked.

“No problem at all.”
 
She kicked the lock causing it to break and yanked the door open. Immediately she was greeted by a stench that smelled worse than old shoes, rotten eggs, and dead fish all put together.
 
“Eeww, smells like someone could really use a breath mint. Wait a minute.”
 
Rouge had noticed that the lock to the crypt looked very old, and judging by the smell of the place, and the amount of dust and cobwebs no one had been inside this crypt for years. Or maybe it was made to look that way.
 
“After all, Sonic may be reckless, but he isn't stupid.”
 
Rouge continued deeper into the crypt, eventually she came to a giant spiral staircase and began to make her way down. The deeper she went the colder the chamber got. After awhile it seemed like the stairs just kept going on forever, so she decided to fly the rest of the way down. When she finally found the bottom there was nothing but an empty room. Just then she noticed an odd looking wall in the center of what looked like a giant archway. The wall was covered in an ancient writing she didn't understand. In the center was an engraving that looked like two people fighting. One of them was a tall dark cloaked figure wearing a mask with big horns, and the other looked just like…
 
“Never mind.”
 
She knocked on the wall, it sounded hallow.
 
“Jackpot.”
 
She kicked the stone wall hard causing it to crack and break. When the dust cleared it revealed another tunnel. At the end of the tunnel Rouge found another locked door. She kicked it and caused it to break. She knocked the door open and was instantly greeted by another wave of the horrible smell.
 
“Honestly a stench like that could kill someone.”
 
As soon as she walked into the next chamber the torches on the wall blazed to life, revealing an elaborate coffin in the middle of the room. However the coffin was covered in rusty old chains that were attached to the wall.
 
“If Sonic and his friends wanted to make this place look old to throw people off their doing one heck of a job.”
 
Rouge kicked the chains causing them to break and walked over to the coffin.
 
“Alright my little pretties come to mama.”
 
She pushed the lid of the coffin open, but much to her disappointment the only thing inside was a tall armored figure.
 
“This isn't pay dirt, its just dirt! Oh when I get my hands on that egghead I'll…”
 
Suddenly two big red eyes flashed to life beneath the armored figure's metal mask.
 
“Huh? What in the name of?”
 
The armored figure jumped up and raised his arms to the heavens.
 
“AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I AM FRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!”
 
“This can't be good.”
 
The tall figure turned and laid eyes on Rouge. He looked just like one of the figures that was drawn on the wall.
 
“Fresh meat…”
 
“Oh boy.”
 
The towering figure jumped at Rouge who just started to fly away, the creature glided after her and yelled, “Come back here my little pretty! I won't hurt you. All I want is your LIFE!!!”