Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic X: Night of the Vampire ❯ The Chill ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

On planets all over the galaxy people were starting to notice a sudden change in the winds. All the creatures of the night began to react to some unknown disturbance. The sound of their combined howling, yowling, and growling awoke anyone who dared to sleep. They noticed that even the stars that usually lit up the night sky refused to shine. All over the galaxy the young and the old could tell that evil was coming, they could tell by the smell of the wind. All over the galaxy people began to barricade themselves within their homes. They were so quiet they could hear the storm winds screaming for their souls. Some huddled lonely into the corner of their homes while others hugged whatever family they had and told themselves.
“I wouldn't go out on a night like this for all the riches in the world.”
 
Tails kept flying unbelievably fast until he finally came to the woods. He had just started searching when Sonic caught up with him.
 
“Tails! What's going on?”
 
“No time to explain, start searching!”
 
“Okay… and what exactly are we looking for?”
 
“We'll know when we see it!”
 
Since the defeat of Dark Oak and the Metarex there had been an unusual state of peace throughout the galaxy, even Dr. Eggman seemed to be taking a break, but Tails had been acting really weird. He had been dosing off very often and he had been moaning in his sleep. Sonic believed it was because he still wasn't over what happened to Cosmo. As for the unusual peace he believed it was just the calm before the storm.
 
“There!”
 
Sonic and Tails came upon a startling sight, an entire area of the forest had been frozen solid.
 
“Frozen? At this time of year? What could do something like this?”
 
Tails knelt down and rubbed the surface of the ice with his fingers.
 
“This ice is fresh, it hasn't started melting yet. They are very close.”
 
“Who?”
 
Tails didn't respond, instead he just charged deeper into the forest along the icy path.
 
“Little buddy sometimes I really worry about you.” thought Sonic.
 
Sonic and Tails ran down the icy path until they came to a clearing in the forest.
 
“EIYAH!”
 
“What is it Tails?”
 
“Look!”
 
Tails pointed to the middle of the clearing where they saw something lying on the ground.
 
Tails ran over and took a look.
 
“Oh my gosh, It's Rouge! Sonic, keep an eye out in case it returns!”
 
“In case what returns?”
 
Just then Amy, Cream, and Cheese came running out into the clear.
 
“What is it guys? What's happened?”
 
“Rouge has been attacked by a creature!”
 
“A creature? Could you be a bit more specific?”
 
Tails hesitated and said, “A… Giaki… A vampire.”
 
Sonic remembered being told tales of the Giaki when he was younger. They were the victims of Gigex the Impaler, the original Giaki vampire. Gigex would drain his victims of their life force, and then they would become servants of his evil, vicious creatures of the night. But as far as Sonic was concerned the Giaki were just a myth.
 
“And what leads you to believe that there is this Giaki?”
 
“Hello! Look at her!”
 
Sonic didn't notice before, but Rouge had been horribly discolored. She was looking pale and gray all over. And the sound of her moaning didn't exactly give off the idea that she was having a good time.
 
“The only way to save Rouge is to do a life force transfusion.”
 
“Transfusion? You want to put someone else's life force in Rouge's body?” said Sonic.
 
“Why should we save Rouge anyway?” asked Amy.
 
“I know she's a piece of filth.” said Tails. “But would you really want her serving the undead?”
 
“Where are you going to find someone with that much life force anyway?” asked Cream.
 
“Cream I'm going to need to borrow some of yours.”
 
“What!?!” everyone exclaimed.
 
“Cream is the youngest of us, and youth means more life energy to spare.”
 
“But…”
 
“Cream I promise you this will not hurt a bit.”
 
Suddenly Tails heard it again.
 
“Remember Tails… Just like I showed you.”
 
Before anyone could protest Tails put one hand on Cream's forehead and the other on Rouge's, and began to chant something in a language that no one understood. Then suddenly a beam of white light came out of Cream's eyes and went into Rouge's.
 
For a moment everyone just stared. Then Cream said, “He's right, that doesn't hurt at all.”
 
“Where did you learn how to do that?” asked Sonic.
 
“There will be time later to… whohoooohhhoooohhhooo…”
 
“What?”
 
Tails shivered and said, “All of a sudden… I have the willies.”
 
Suddenly everything went cold and the night seemed to have a life of its own.
 
“Yes young one… and it's a very good sign that Gigex king of all Giaki is, how do you mortals say it today? In the house.”