Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic X: Night of the Vampire ❯ It's been a long night and it's getting longer ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Cosmo… Please… Come back… Don't leave me… please… don't leave me…”
 
She smiled at him and said, “Don't be sad Tails… It won't be long now… I promise you.”
 
“Tails… You in there buddy?”
 
“Ugh… Sonic?”
 
“Are you okay? I'm really starting to worry about you.”
 
“I'm okay. I'm just tired and it's going to be a long night.”
 
“Yeah well Rouge is just now starting to wake up. We better see what she knows about Gigex.”
 
The time was now 10:28 pm. After their little tangle with Gigex, Sonic and the others brought Rouge back to Tails' lab. She was only now waking up.
 
“Whoa… What the heck happened?”
 
“I'll tell you what happened.” said Knuckles. “You've possibly doomed us all.”
 
“Knucky-poo, to what do I owe this unexpected pleasure?”
 
“Skip the flattery Rouge. Why in the galaxy did you free Gigex from his perpetual slumber?”
 
“Excuse me?”
 
“I went to the crypt myself. The locks were broken, the crypt was forced into. We know you broke into the crypt and freed Gigex the Impaler, but I can't help but wonder… why?”
 
“Gigex the Impaler? That old bedtime story?”
 
“It's not a bedtime story!” yelled Knuckles “It really happened!”
 
“Knuckles, just out of curiosity… how do you know so much about it?” asked Amy.
 
Knuckles grunted and said, “Thousands of years ago before he became a vampire, Gigex tried to steal the Master Emerald for an unknown purpose. My ancestors fought bravely to keep him from succeeding. The battle raged on for hours and left heavy casualties on both sides. Eventually Gigex decided the Master Emerald wasn't worth all the troops he was losing, and made the decision to retreat. Not long after that he found the chaos emeralds and used them to become the monster that he is.”
 
“Whoa hold on here! So you're telling me that thing in the coffin was the King of all Giaki vampires?”
 
“What were you doing down there anyway?”
 
“Take it easy. I overheard Dr. Egghead saying that you guys had hidden the chaos emeralds down there.”
 
“And you just couldn't pass up a chance to steal the chaos emeralds for yourself, is that about the size of it? Are you stupid!?! That crypt is thousands of years old, and has remained undisturbed since Gigex was buried in it until today! If we had hidden the chaos emeralds in there do you think it would have looked so undisturbed?”
 
“Let's just say I know you guys aren't stupid.”
 
“This means Dr. Eggman wanted Rouge to release Gigex, but why?” said Sonic.
 
“Speaking of Eggman, aren't those his robots out there?” asked Cream.
 
“Chow?”
 
“What?”
 
Everyone looked outside and saw Decoe, Bocoe, and Bokkun running in their direction.
 
“Whoa where's the fire?” asked Sonic.
 
“Sonic! This is terrible! We think Dr. Eggman is dead!” cried Bokkun.
 
“What?” asked Knuckles.
 
“Dr. Eggman called us to the control room for a brainstorm.” said Bocoe.
 
“But before we could respond to his order someone snuck up behind us and overloaded us.” said Decoe.
 
“When we rebooted we found the entire room practically frozen, and we found the Dr. looking…” unable to get the word out of his mouth Bokkun started to break down crying.
 
“Dr. Eggman was probably attacked by Gigex.” said Tails “I know Eggman is our enemy but we don't want him serving the undead.”
 
“We'll do what we can.” said Sonic “But we need you to take us there.”
 
As they prepared to leave Tails looked at the plant pot on his work table. When Cosmo sacrificed herself to help defeat Dark Oak all they could find of her was a small seed. Over the past few months the seed had grown into an abnormally large flower bud.
 
“It won't be long now? What does she mean?”
 
As Decoe, Bocoe, and Bokkun led Sonic and the others to Eggman's secret lair it was clear that the storm which had broken out earlier was only getting worse. Lightening raced across the reddened sky, the wind roared, and the light rain turned into a furious downpour. When they finally made it to the lair it looked as though the heavy metal doors at the main entrance had been ripped right out of the wall.
 
“Whoa…” said Sonic “Looks like Gigex has been eating his spinach.”
 
Bokkun and the others led Sonic and friends through a series of hallways.
 
“Oh boy. There is water all over the floor.” said Decoe.
 
“If that's melted ice we may already be too late.” thought Tails.
 
As they walked through Eggman's lair they noticed that a great deal of the electronic devices had blown up.
 
“It looks they were overloaded. Something must've caused an enormous power surge.” said Tails.
 
When they finally made it to the control room they found it completely deserted.
 
“What!?!” exclaimed the three robots.
 
“But… But… he was right here.” said Decoe.
 
“Well he has to be around here some where!” said Bocoe.
 
“Yeah, dead bodies don't just get up and walk away!” exclaimed Bokkun.
 
“If you're looking for Dr. Eggman he's long gone.”
 
Everyone turned around and...
 
“Shadow! What are you doing here?”
 
“It looked like the end of the world was coming, so I came here looking for answers.”
 
Suddenly Tails began to shiver like crazy.
 
“Tails what is it?” asked Sonic.
 
“Sonic… I have the willies again.”
 
Suddenly someone jumped in front of the door from which they entered.
 
“Dr. Eggman!” they all exclaimed.
 
“… Not exactly.”
 
Beneath his glasses Dr. Eggman's eyes glowed a bright crimson red, the hair of his mustache had turned white, his skin had turned a pale gray, and when he opened his mouth it revealed two large fangs.
 
Cream screamed and Tails said, “He has become a servant to the vampire!”
 
“Thanks for pointing out the obvious.” said Rouge.
 
The vampire Eggman took a few steps forward and said in a demonic voice, “I will vanquish you all, and feed your life force to my master!”
 
“Wait a minute.” said Bokkun. “Being robots the three of us don't have any life force for him to steal so this really isn't an issue for us.”
 
“It'll be your issue when he rips you apart and sells you all for scrap.” replied Knuckles.
 
“Relax Knuckles.” said Sonic “There are eleven of us if you count Cheese and only one of him.”
 
“Is that so?” said Eggman “Well, I guess we'll just have to even the odds a little.”
 
Gigex had obviously attacked some of the locals, because more vampires began to jump in through the broken windows.
 
“Make that us against a whole bunch of these freaks.” said Shadow.