Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic X: Night of the Vampire ❯ Gigex's Palace in the sky ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The time was now 1:45 am. Sonic and friends had been following the signal of Chris's tracking device to what they hoped would be the lost palace of Gigex. They had to infiltrate the palace in hopes of finding the means to defeat Gigex lord of the Giaki and in doing so save Tails and all the other victims.
 
“Have any of you noticed on top of everything it's still raining like crazy!?!” said Sonic trying to make his voice audible through the roaring sounds of the storm.
 
“If my tracking signal is correct then Gigex's palace should be visible just about… now!” said Chris.
 
But when they got over the hill they couldn't see anything.
 
“Looks like your tracking device may have a few loose screws.” said Rouge.
 
Suddenly there was a flash of lightening and something large could be seen in the sky.
 
“Did you guys see… what I just saw?” asked Amy.
 
“Computer switch to night vision!” said Chris.
 
Automatically the visor on Chris' helmet switched from its normal setting to night vision. Now he could see something.
 
“Zoom in!”
 
Now Chris could clearly see a giant castle floating in the sky.
 
“I estimate that thing is at least ten thousand feet in the air.”
 
“How are we going to get way up there?” asked Knuckles “Not all of us can fly.”
 
Sonic took out one of the Chaos Emeralds and said, “Shadow, do you think you can warp us all up there with Chaos Control?”
 
“Like shooting fish in a barrel.”
 
“Wait.” said Bokkun. “Why don't we just wait until the sun rises and Gigex is asleep?”
 
“The castle will disappear at sunrise.” said Cosmo.
 
“Disappear? Castles don't just vanish into thin air.” said Bocoe.
 
“It was written in the archive, and it also explains why no one has ever been able to find the palace all these years. At the first sign of sunrise, or when it's master enters a state of detention, the castle will vanish into another dimension.”
 
“In that case let's try to get this done before sunrise.” said Rouge.
 
“Okay let's go over the plan one more time.” said Sonic. “As soon as we get inside; Chris, Knuckles, Shadow, Decoe, and Bocoe; you guy need to create a diversion and keep the Giaki busy. Cosmo, Amy, Cream, Cheese, Rouge, and Bokkun; you guys look for the chest. I'll take the Chaos Emeralds and look for Gigex. We need to meet up as soon as we have the chest and the key. Everybody got that? Okay let's go!”
 
Sonic tossed one of the Chaos Emeralds to Shadow who raised it above his head and cried, “Chaos Control Now!”
 
In the blink of an eye they were teleported up into the sky to the outskirts of the castle walls. The rock on which the castle was floating was covered in an eerie mist. The whole area felt cold, and they were pretty sure it wasn't just because they were so high up in the air.
 
High up in his throne room Gigex awoke from a trance.
 
“They're here… I can feel it.”
 
“Do we have your permission to proceed then master?” asked the vampire Eggman.
 
“Do as you will with the others, but remember Sonic belongs to Tails… Tails remember, I want you to destroy your former best friend… but don't forget the Chaos Emeralds… I need them to realize my dream.”
 
“I shall not fail you master… The Chaos Emeralds shall be yours… And for once I am glad I'm heartless… I'll be heartless killing Sonic.”
 
As soon as they left, Gigex took out the heart shaped locket from underneath his armor and opened it. On one side there was an inscription that read,
 
You alone hold the key to my heart
 
On the other side there was a picture of his beloved Morganna.
 
“Soon my Morganna. Once I have brought together enough life force and the seven Chaos Emeralds, I shall use my power to restore you… And when we are together again I will give you my heart… and we will rule the universe forever as King and Queen.”
 
“Next time can you try and warp us inside the castle walls?” asked Sonic taking back the Chaos Emerald from Shadow.
 
Gigex's palace was surrounded by a five foot thick fifty foot tall wall on the other side of a moat of molten lava.
 
“I guess we could fly over it.” said Cream.
 
“Chow.”
 
“Yeah, but it might take a few trips to get everyone over.” said Knuckles.
 
Suddenly the draw bridge lowered.
 
“Someone is expecting us.” said Shadow.
 
Chris used his suit's cloaking device to sneak over to the other side of the draw bridge and through the courtyard. When he was sure all was clear he signaled to his friends. When they made it to the doors of the main entrance they waited a few minutes before continuing.
 
“One… two… three!”
 
Chris rushed in first blasting everything in sight; he was then followed by Knuckles, Shadow, Decoe, and Bocoe all of whom were screaming like madmen. Cosmo, Amy, Rouge, Cream, Cheese, and Bokkun went in another direction to look for the chest, and Sonic dashed off down another way on his own to search for Gigex.