Soul Eater Fan Fiction ❯ Day Out ❯ Day Out ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Day Out
Rating: PG-14? For mild language and implied pervertedness xD
Pairing: Soul/Maka, a little Black Star/Kid 8
Table #: 2
Theme title: 03 Lick
Disclaimer: Don't own Soul Eater or its characters. If I did, I would be so happy I'd faint :D
A/N: This is aimed more towards Maka and Soul, with a little Black Star/Kid exchange in there :3
 
It started as a normal day in Death City. The sun panting from its own heat waves, shone down on the usual group of seven. Black Star, Kid, and Soul were casually lounging near the park's big willow tree, relaxing like any man would on this sweltering day. The girls, however, found their own fun in playing Frisbee, the slight wind cooling them off. Except for Maka, who was enjoying a rather cool Popsicle.
"You're disgusting.”
Soul turned towards his two best friends. Black Star was apparently laughing about something, while Kid was trying not to grin. The assassin leaned towards Kid again, murmuring something in his ear, causing him to blush. Soul switched his attention back to the girls. He didn't need to know what the hell they were saying.
"Hey, Soul, got somethin' to tell ya," Black Star snickered.
"Whatever it is, I'm sure it's something stupid."
"Nah, nah, it's hilarious. Don't cha want to know what it is?" Soul faced his friends again. He took one look at Kid's face and decided against it.
"Hell no. I don't want to know what you perverts are thinking." The white-haired teen turned around again.
"I'm not a pervert."
"Aw, c'mon man..."
"No way. It ain't cool to be a gross guy."
"What's got up your pants? Kid?"
"EXCUSE ME?"
"...leave me alone, Black Star."
"Well... What if I tell you it has to do with Maka?" The weapon's ears couldn't help perking up at his partner's name. "Heh. I know you want to know."
"Sigh. Black Star -" The assassin cut off the shinigami next to him, waiting for Soul's response.
"Well...?" He couldn't hide the amusement in his voice. Soul knew it was a bad idea; he just couldn't help it. He gave in.
"God. Alright. What about Maka?" His best friend let out a Whoop of victory, and scooted towards him. Sighing to himself, Kid just leaned back against the tree, letting his perverted friend infiltrate Soul's mind as well.
"Ok, so you see Maka right?" Red eyes focused on the bookworm. He didn't see anything wrong with her appearance.
"Yeah... So?"
Black Star couldn't help but snicker a little while saying, "...Soul, you see what she's doing, right?"
"Yeah. She's just licking a popsicle..." It took a moment for the thought to register in his brain. The blue-haired meister couldn't restrain himself from laughing any longer. "Oh. God."
"AHAHAHAHAHA! You should see the look on your face!" The perverted teen managed to choke out before another laughing fit attacked him. "AHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
"God, you're so gross! That's not cool at all!"
"Soul, your face is red as well."
"Shuddap Kid!" Soul jerked away from the grip Black Star had on his shoulder and stood up. "I can't be seen with such perverts... Not cool." The red-faced teen mumbled as he stood up and trudged down the grassy hill, towards the girls.
"I already said I'm not a pervert."
"AHAHAHA! Did you see...the look on... his face? AHAHAHA!"
"...I don't know why I put up with you."
"Aw you know you love me." The assassin finally calmed down, wiping the tears from his eyes.
 
***
 
Noticing a shadow fell over her, Maka looked up. "Soul?" Her partner's face was dead-red, looking quite uncomfortable. "What is -" That's all she managed to get out before he swatted the remainder of a Popsicle out of her hand. "What?! I wasn't finished with that. What's your problem?"
"...Sorry," he grumbled before sticking out his hand. "I just can't have you as the butt of a joke..." He trailed off, staring at the grass. Maka didn't know what he was talking about, but she still took his hand.
"Well... Whatever you say," Soul pulled her up. "Want to go home?"
"Yeah, definitely." The weapon sighed, relief washing over him. No Maka-Chop. It must be his lucky day.
They said their goodbyes to their friends, while Black Star gave them both a bemused smile. When Maka asked about it, Soul told her to ignore their distorted friend.
Halfway home, Soul casually asked his meister what they were having for dinner.
"Hmmm. What do you feel like having?"
"I dunno. Something simple and fast. I'm exhausted."
"Yeah, I guess so. It was a lazy day today."
"Tch. No kidding."
"How about hot dogs?" Soul tripped over air, suddenly very sick. "Soul? Are you alright?"
"...err, how about soup?" he suggested as he stumbled back up, turning his head to keep Maka from seeing his red face. That would be totally uncool.
"Soup? But it's hot. Why would you want soup?”
"..."
"Soul?"
"Just...because."
 
***
 
A/N: Ahaha, I thought this ended kinda cute. What do you think? :D