Spirited Away Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Soul of a Dragon ❯ Steely Eyes ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Spirited Away or Inuyasha, I a merely twisting them into my own sick plot. Please enjoy! ~^-^~ Ooh-n Spirited Away spoilers, so beware.

Summary: IYSA x-over. Happens before the well. Kagome is 10 years old. Her family is moving, and on the way to her new house, they get whisked away into a strange new world. Kagome must gather her strength and courage to save her and her parents.

Eventually goes to Feudel Era.

Chapter One:

Kagome gave a bored sigh. "Mom, why did we have to move?" she complained.

"Come on. It's fun to move. It's an adventure!" her mother told her. Kagome rolled her eyes. She held onto the stuffed white puppy her best friend gave her.

"Why can't I get a real dog?" she whined.

"Because you can't take care of a dog sweetie," her mother dismissed.

"Come on dear, we're almost there," her father said. Their little blue car drove on in silence. They soon came upon a dirt road. "Did I miss our turn?" her father said.

"No, there's our house up there," her mother said, pointing to a red house.

"Well, I'm sure we can take this road and still get there," her father said. They continued driving until they saw a figure in the road.

"What's that?!" Kagome's mom, Aiko, screeched. Kagome's dad, Biko, skidded to a halt.

"I don't know," Biko said. Her father and mother opened their car doors and got out. Kagome followed them.

"Hey!" Kagome cried as the note from her best friend flew away. She ran and caught it just in time.

Kagome,

Have fun! I'll miss you!

Kasumi.

Kagome hugged the letter and put it into her shorts. She was wearing a white shirt with a red stripe across the center, sleeves, and a red collar, green shorts, pink shoes, and her neck length hair was tied into a high ponytail with a white ribbon.

"Hey look, a tunnel. Let's go check it out," Biko said.

"No! I don't think we should!" Kagome said.

"Come on, we're just going to take a look," Aiko said.

Kagome made a dog whining sound. "No! I don't want to go! Let's just go back to the car!" Kagome protested.

"Just go and wait inside the car then," her mother said, walking away.

Kagome looked at the statue that was beside her. It was an ugly brown statue that had green moss all over it. It was about three feet tall and looked like an ape's head. It gave Kagome bad vibes. "Nnnn...Mom! Wait for me!" she cried, running to catch up with her mother.

They started walking through the damp, dark tunnel. "Don't cling like that, you'll make me trip," Aiko told Kagome, who was currently holding onto her mothers arm as though it would cost her, her life if she let go. They continued walking in silence, Biko in the lead.

Soon they found the end of the tunnel. They had to shield their eyes at first, before they saw the vast amount of grass. The sun reflected off it, making it shine, and the wind blew it, making it look like a sea of grass. Flowers dotted it every few feet, and butterflies swarmed across the field in pairs. "How pretty! We should have brought out food so we could have had a picnic. I'm starving!" Aiko lamented.

They walked across the little sea and came upon a river of rocks. "Oh! Do you smell that? Something smells delicious!" Biko said.

Aiko sniffed the air. "Ahh…you're right! Let's go find it! I'm starving!" she said excitedly. They jumped out on the other side and started walking quickly away.

"Hey! Wait for me!" Kagome cried. She was having a hard time on the slippery rocks. Finally, with lots of jumping, she made it to the other side.

"Come on sweetie! Hurry up!" Aiko yelled.

"Wait up!" Kagome yelled. She ran as fast as she could to catch up to them. They continued walking for a while. They soon reached what seemed like a little town. "That's weird," Aiko said. "They're all restaurants." They continued walking, Biko in the lead, searching for the food.

He suddenly sniffed the air. "Ah! Over here! I found it! Come on!" he said, running off.

Aiko and Kagome followed Biko as he ran into an open diner. There in front of them was roast chicken, fried fish, egg noodle soup, oden, all sorts of condiments, and rice galore. "Look at all this!" Biko exclaimed. HE and Aiko ran to the food and started grabbing it all.

"You guys! Don't eat it! We'll get into trouble!" Kagome yelled at them.

"Calm down honey; I have checks, cash, and credit. We can pay the chef when he gets back out," Biko said.

"Nnnn….You guys stop!" Kagome yelled.

"Calm down. Here, have some chicken, it's wonderful," Aiko said, stuffing some into her mouth, and then holding some out to Kagome.

"No!" Kagome yelled at them. They shrugged and continued eating. Kagome continued standing there nervously as her parents continued stuffing their faces and grunting as they ate. "Ugh!" Kagome cried and she ran away from them.

She ran with no destination in mind until she heard a train whistle. She ran onto the bridge and looked down. She saw a red train with gold and silver linings pass under her. She ran to the other side of the bridge and watched the train disappear.

Then she heard a gasp. "What are you doing here? You must get across the river before it gets dark! Go! I'll hole them off," a boy with shoulder length brown hair and steely silver green eyes said. He had on blue pants and a white shirt. "Go!"

Preview of the next chapter:

Kagome fell to the ground on her butt and started crying. "This is just a dream!" she told herself. She felt soft hands go around her shoulders.

"It's okay. Here, you must eat this," the boy said. Kagome looked at the little bright red berry he was holding out for her.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this. This will be played like the movie Spirited Away, but with my own twists. If you have any questions, please ask them and leave your email address so I can answer you. Please leave a review, it will encourage me! ~^-^~ Sly