Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ About A Girl ❯ Deserted Fun Fair ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
a while she had dozed off only to awaken to the sound of arguing, groaning “She forced herself to sit up what now?” she asked groggily.
“We’re lost that’s what! You’re genius of a father decided with his male ego to take a shortcut” her mother exclaimed.
“What! Well I suggest before dad kills us with his driving, the best option is to turn and head home since we know where that is!” Chihiro jumped up happily.
“Now come on girls, enjoy the scenery whilst you can, Hey! Look cool shrines.”
“What! No you brought us to some creepy ghost town, Great!” Chihiro shivered mildly it wasn’t the idea it was something about this place.
Her father started speeding up instantly and more bumps were felt.
“OUCH!” Chihiro screamed.
And then he put the brakes straight on she thought she was about to fly if it wasn’t for her mother stopping the car to put her seatbelt on whilst she slept.
“Thanks Mom” she mumbled obviously embarrassed.
He stepped out to meet thick forest and admire the heady scent of it, he stood in front of this sculptured monkey head as wide as his tummy it had a devilish grin plastered on it’s face.
Chihiro shivered again ‘I swear you can’t get shivers that often’ there was something abnormal about here.
Her mother stepped out of the car in her rose pink sweater and her figure hugging jeans. Chihiro cursed although she was only 13 she was very cautious, stupid hormones she thought. ‘It’s not fair why am I a stick dad’s a balloon and mom’s a model with beautiful curves she was mistaken for not a day over 30 even though protruding grey hairs were at her temples. An arch stood in front of them it was dark and foreboding and she stared an thought she saw the monkeys eyes gleam red, blood red.
She blinked and stepped out of the car hastily and paced up in front of her dad’s belly “No, we should be out looking for our house, the delivery men will beat us to it you know how you hate losing she said firmly hoping his male ego would walk away from this. He eyed her closely “You’re not scared? Chihiro are you!”
“No!” she squared him in the eye defiantly.
“Let’s go take a look then.” Her mother chose to keep quiet at this stage she was eyeing the black hole interestedly.
“Fine, go I’m staying right here to uh, guard the car.”
They ignored her warnings and walked right through the dark abyss. Chihiro had a bad feeling about this in her gut with one last call she screamed.
“I’m not going to save you, curiosity killed the cat!” she heard them laugh they were still close, she hesitantly ran to catch up with them, she turned around before hearing an owl screech darkly and looked to see the last of sunlight.
She clutched for her mother’s side in the blinding dark.
“Chihiro! Stop clinging you’ll stretch my sweater!” she said unexpectedly. “Well it’s the middle of autumn what the hell are you doing choosing a sweater!” she exclaimed loudly.
“Chihiro, before you suffocate your mother there’s a light at the end of the tunnel.” his laugh rumbled through the tunnel.
She relaxed and walked through.
Up to the clearing they were greeted by the sight of a kind of church looking place, the stained glass windows gave the sense of dark, gothic
Era with benches scattered across a cool gravel path inching towards a outdoor clearing of lush green fields roaming with wild flowers aromas and the beauty of a serene deserted town.