Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ Haku's Adventure ❯ Chapter 1: Unfinished Business ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 1: Unfinished Business
 
Haku stood on top of the steps watching Chihiro run across the huge grassy plains, and back to the mysterious tunnel between the human and spirit world. Haku thought about his promise to meet Chihiro again. “It isn't going to be easy quitting Yubaba's apprenticeship, but with my real name back I might be able to win.” Haku thought as he watched Chihiro when she disappeared into the distance he turned and ran back towards the bathhouse. Rin and Kamaji were waiting for him at the bridge, and the little soot balls began dancing with excitement when they saw Haku return.
“Haku you're back! Yubaba went back to her office in a REAL bad mood!” said Rin.
“I'm going to go and tell her that I am going to quit being her apprentice.” said Haku.
“Are you sure that is alright? She might kill you if you tell her that!” said Kamaji.
 
“Don't worry about me I got my real name back!”
 
“Be careful Haku.” said Rin.
 
“Good Luck!” said Kamaji
 
Haku walked into the bathhouse and made his way to the elevator which will take him to the top floor, and Yubaba's office. When he reached the top he kept walking forward and knocked hard on Yubaba's huge doors. The door knob with the face of the sorceress glared at him and swung open. Yubaba was sitting in her chair going through her usual paperwork as if nothing had happened when he entered, but Haku knew she was seething with anger and humiliation inside her. Haku waited patiently for her to look at him when she was done.
 
“What do you want? I don't have work for you today! Thanks to that little brat Sen!” snapped Yubaba glaring at him.
 
“I'll just say this simply `I want to terminate my contract'.” said Haku calmly.
 
“WHAT?!?!?!?” screamed Yubaba standing up, and eyeing him with hate.
 
“I said I want to-”
 
“NO! NO! NOT UNLESS YOU TELL ME YOUR STUPID REAL NAME!”
 
“Well alright it is Nighihayami Kohaku Nushi”
 
Yubaba's jaws dropped open and her eyes widened in shock. She wanted to say something, but there was nothing she could do to keep the contract. Suddenly a piece of paper (Haku's contract) inside Yubaba's desk flew out and burst into flames, and turned into ashes.
Yubaba too overcome with shock can only sit down and say quietly, “Get out of my sight now.”
 
Haku smiled for the first time in-front of Yubaba, and bowed, “Thank you mistress. I will take my leave now.” He turned and ran as fast as he could down to the main entrance to say good-bye to Rin & Kamaji.
 
“You did it?!? You're free now?!?” asked Rin who was amazed that Haku was still alive.
 
“Yes I am now free, but I have to go and see Zeniba before I leave I need to tell her my good-bye.” said Haku and transformed into his dragon form.
 
“GOOD-BYE HAKU! GOOD LUCK IN FINDING SEN/CHIHIRO!” shouted Rin and Kamaji as he flew off.
 
It took Haku a few hours to reach Zeniba's little cottage. When he landed and transformed into his human form, Zeniba opened the door and came out followed closely by No-Face.
 
“Well it seems that you are ready to begin your search for Chihiro isn't it?” asked Zeniba.
 
“Yes, I have come to say good-bye to you, and No-Face too!” said Haku.
 
“Here before you go take this braid me and No-Face made for you. It will help you on your search for Chihiro. Wear it on your hand.” she said handing him a gleaming green braid similar to Chihiro's purple braid. Haku thanked her and No-Face and wore it on his hand, and then with a final good-bye he transformed into his dragon form again and flew off towards the tunnel.
 
Zeniba turned towards No-Face and sighed, “Such is the power of love, and I still can't understand how Chihiro can bring life into those cold eyes of his.” No-face could only nod his head and say his usual ah-ah in agreement.
 
“Well enough wondering lets go in and have some tea.” said Zeniba leading him back into the cottage.
 
I finished my 1st chapter! I'm still I noob in writing fan fictions, but reviews please. Of course I need reviews so that I can do better in the next chapter: Chapter 2: Mini Haku (but you can change it depending on the reviews). I apologize for the short chapter, but that's all I could think up. *Runs away to heavily armored bunker to avoid being blasted.