Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ Haku's Secret ❯ Chater One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Haku’s secret

By iceprincess85


Disclaimer: I do not own spirited away.


A/N: this is my first fanfic so I am apologising in advance just in case, please feel free to let me know any thing that you think, if I get anything wrong or anyway I can improve the way I write. I am also on fanfiction.net as iceprincess85.


Summary: for ten years all Chihiro has really wanted was to see Haku again. What will happen when he suddenly shows up? What is Haku keeping from and why won’t he tell her why it’s been ten years?




Chapter One.


“Will we meet again sometime?” “Sure we will.” “Promise?” “Promise. Now go and don’t look back.”
“Haku…” Chihiro rolled over in her sleep. It was the same dream all the time, for the past ten years. She was dreaming of him and their parting.

Chihiro was now twenty, she was no longer the whining little brat she had been when she’d first gone to the spirit world. She was now an independent woman of the world, she had her own apartment and a steady job, thankfully she only worked five days a week, leaving her weekends free.
Her hair was no longer short to her shoulders, it was now down to her lower back, still fashioned in a ponytail unless she was going out somewhere. Her figure had filled out, she had very feminine curves and long shapely legs. When she had gone through school she had been very popular with the boys, politely turning down all who asked her out, and known as somewhat as a heartbreaker. She got good marks in all her subjects and teachers being teachers always told she could do better if she could just get her head out of the clouds.

Disturbed by the sound of her own voice Chihiro looked at the clock on her bedside table. Still laying in bed she thought about the dream for abit, looking at her clock again she was grateful she didn’t have to work today. Finally deciding that ten thirty was late enough to laze around in bed. After getting out of bed she got stuck into her usual routine. Breakfast. Shower. Clean the apartment. Shopping.

However she didn’t much feel like breakfast, was never one to have long showers, and the apartment only needed the dishes done and a vacuum, which only took about fifteen minutes. With the shopping she only needed some fresh fruit and vegetable and maybe some meat or fish. Having nothing left to do she sat down to watch some tv. Unfortunately this didn’t stop her thoughts from wondering to how different her life was to what she had planned or imagined when she was younger.

Her parents had passed on last year, her mother had been killed in an accident and her father lost the will to live and died from grief shortly after. So now she was alone, she still had other relatives but didn’t wish to be a burden to any of them. Haku hadn’t come to see her and she was beginning to believe he never would, it had been ten years after all, surely if he had been going to come then he would have by now right? He was probably happy where he was, as long as that was the case then it was sort of ok with her if she never seen him again, at least that’s what she told herself.

But still he had promised they would meet again, he should at least let her know somehow that he is ok. Why should his promise be any different than anyone else’s? Other people made promises that they didn’t keep. Maybe he had just promised they’d meet again to make her feel better, after all a promise was only words. The only thing that made a promise so different was the value people put on them, the more value that someone put on it the disappointed you were when it was broken.
Her parents had promised they would always be there for her. They weren’t.
Her grandparents had promised to look after her and that she could stay with them as long as she liked. Five months after she had moved in they asked her to move out.
And Haku had promised they would meet again, and it appeared that they never would.

No one seemed to keep their promises and now she was all alone. She missed everyone but wouldn’t cry, not now, she wouldn’t allow herself to become that deep into self-pity. She hated herself for the thoughts that she was having now, they got her nowhere and only caused her to get depressed. Getting up she made herself some dinner, she wasn’t really hungry but it helped to distract her mind. She ate dinner at her table, use to the silence of eating alone. After dinner Chihiro showered and went to bed. Letting her tears flow as she lay in her bed, she thought of Haku and her parents. Emotionally drained and exhausted Chihiro drifted off to sleep. As one last tear made it’s way down her cheek she whispered Haku’s name.

“Wake up Chihiro.” A kind voice said softly. Chihiro murmured something inaudible and rolled over onto her back, giving her unnoticed guest a view of the face he’d seen so often in his own dreams. “Gods you are beautiful.” He said his voice just above a whisper as he stared down at her. Thinking of how much he had missed her and how much she had changed he continued to look down at her, her eyes where slightly puffy from crying. So it hadn’t another been an illusion caused to distress him, she really had been crying herself to sleep. This made him wonder how many more of those illusions had been real? He wished he could have been there to comfort her.

Haku signed and sat down beside her bed, he’d let her sleep, he didn’t really want to wake her anyway she looked so peaceful. It wasn’t like he was in a hurry anyway he had nowhere to go. Haku allowed himself to drift into a light sleep leaning against the closest wall, they could talk in the morning.

Chihiro screamed at the top of her lungs, clutching the sheet to herself and staring at the stranger in her room. Haku shot up as soon as she screamed partially out of fright from the unexpected sound. Quickly he scanned the room looking for the cause of the scream. “Please don’t hurt me!” She cried when he turned to face her. Hurt her? She thought that he was going to hurt her? Haku felt a pain go threw him at what those words meant. He began to sink to the floor feeling as though he were being trampled, her words ran through his mind. Please don’t hurt me! And her tone of voice as she had said it. So afraid and vulnerable. And he was the cause of her fear.

Chihiro watched as the stranger sank to the floor. He was wearing a white t-shirt and blue pants, his hair was black and to his shoulders. His head was bent causing his hair to fall in front of his face, blocking her view of his features. Yet there was something familiar about him. Deciding that he wasn’t going to hurt her Chihiro got out of bed put her dressing gown on and crouched beside him. “I’m…I’m sorry you just scared me. I mean its not everyday I wake up with a strange man in my room.” She said giving him a slight smile. Maybe he was drunk and walked in thinking it was his place, but I’m certain that I had locked the door last night. Chihiro thought.

He looked up at Chihiro, she didn’t remember him, he felt like his heart was about to be ripped form his chest. Chihiro. His Chihiro didn’t remember him. She’s not yours you idiot, he scolded mentally kicking himself. “I came to see you, like I promised.” His voice filled with pain. “I missed you so much.” He continued quietly. Chihiro stared at him for a bit totally dumbfounded that he knew her name. He’d said he had come to see her like he promised, but she honestly didn’t recognise him. “Like you promised?” She asked slowly. He sighed he had hoped that his words would cause her to remember him. “You don’t remember do you? I had hoped that you would, but I can understand, it’s been ten years. I should have come sooner, and I would have but…”Haku sighed and stood. “I’m sorry for bothering you Chihiro.” He said finally looking into her eyes, how he had longed to look into them. As he turned to walk away he heard Chihiro rise. “H…Haku? It cant be.” This is too much of a coincidence, I was just thinking about him before I went to bed and now here he is, I have to be dreaming. Chihiro thought looking at him, she wouldn’t have believed it was him, he had changed so much, but those eyes. Those emerald green eyes that she had dreamt of so often.

He turned to face her. “ Haku?” she asked again beginning to feel uncertain. Suddenly Haku’s arms were around her, making Chihiro yelp in surprise, as he hugged her to him. “You didn’t forget me? You have no idea how happy I am that you didn’t forget me.” Chihiro wrapped her arms around him afraid she’d wake up, like so many times before. “I’m not dreaming am I? I miss you so much I don’t want this to be a dream.” As she spoke she buried her head into Haku’s chest, while he stoked her hair gently. “No Chihiro you’re not dreaming, I’m really here. I’ve missed you too.” His grip tightened slightly as he spoke. it should have been like this sooner, he thought. She felt right in his arms and he never wanted to let her go.


End chapter one.



AN: Yay me! So all reviews are welcome. If you think it sucked than just say so, how am I going to improve if I don’t know what I am doing wrong, right? If you liked it than I am glad please let me know as well, encouragement helps heaps. Also if you like it and are waiting for the next chapter it shouldn’t be too much longer I’ve written a bit of it already. J

Oh if there are problems with my spelling and grammar than you can take it up with the Queensland education system. Damn you Queensland education system!!!! J
Later.