Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ Nigihayami Kohaku Nushi ❯ IX ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

NIGIHAYAMI KOHAKU NUSHI

-IX-

Our current position would have made me blush seven shades of red had it not been for the knowledge of the Yu-bird hovering above us. It is Yubaba's eye, ever watchful of anything out of the ordinary. And right now, Chihiro was out of the ordinary. I pushed her closer to the wall so that it wouldn't see her.

Because if it did, then Yubaba will certainly turn her into an animal and she wouldn't be able to go back to her world at all.

Finally when I was sure when we were out of its sight, I whispered to Chihiro. "It's looking for you," That was the most viable explanation I could offer, because... "There's no time, let's run!"

BUt I could feel her firmly grasp my hand. "I..I can't stand..." She was trying to pull herself up, but to no avail. "Oh no! My legs don't work!" She was starting to panic again, but I knelt down. "Calm down. Take a deep breath." When I heard her breathe in, I placed my hand over her right leg. Since Chihiro was truly made of fles, this world was attracted to her. "In the name of the wind and water within thee...unbind her." From my hand flowed the energy that made this world release its hold on Chihiro.

Once done, I pulled her up. "Get up."

And together we ran.

* * *

We finally came upon the gate to Aburaya. But we aren't safe yet, we still have to cross the bridge, where she would most likely be caught. Still holding her hand, I told her, "Hold your breath while we're on the bridge. Even a tiny breath will break the spell, and the attendants will see you."

"I'm scared."

"Be calm."

We passed by the first set of attendants who were greeting the guests. "I'm back from my task." I said.

"Welcome back Sir," They responded.

We are now about to cross the bridge. I nudged Chihiro lightly. "A deep breath..." When I heard her do so I continued. "And hold..."

Immediately she slapped her hand to her mouth. Good girl...

We're almost halfway over as I could already see the Kaonashi, standing there as always. I remained alert though, as he could see Chihiro. I don't want him eating her.

We're almost there now. I could already hear the shrill voices of the Yuna crying out. "Welcome back! We missed you!" Tch. The things they lie about just for money. I glanced a bit back at the girl I was with. "Hang on, we're almost..."

"Master Haku! Where have you..." The sudden appearance of the Aogaeru surprised us both. Chihiro gasped. Damn...

The Aogaeru stopped jumping. "Wha...? A human?" As he jumped toward us I engulfed him in a small bubble, temporarily suspending him. There's no time...

"Run!"