Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ Who says we're too young to love? ❯ Painful Memories ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Well, here’s the update that you’ve all been waiting for. I hope it didn’t take too long. So I will continue on where I left off.

“Well, Yubaba put a bind on my powers similar to the one Zeniba put on her . But hers is fatal only if I use my powers more than I’m supposed to. Kind of like what happened last night. I suppose that is the reason for the shortage.”

Chihiro nodded. Deciding not to recollect the events of the previous night. Haku noticed her discomfort and rubbed her arm in a comforting manner.

“I apologize for that, Chihiro. That was careless of me. “

“It’s okay. I don’t understand you reason for doing it, but I don’t want you to feel bad about it.”

Haku chuckled softly, tilting his head back as his laugh became more boisterous. “And exactly is so funny, Chihiro asked raising a confused eyebrow.

“It’s just that you’ve changed so much over time. I remember the first day I met you, you were a frightened little girl. You had about as much courage as a mouse. At one point I thought it’d be hopeless. But as time went on you showed me that there is much more to someone than meets the eye. You were truly courageous. “ Haku stopped to look Chihiro in the eye. “ You were there when I truly needed you the most and I thank you.”

“It’s fine. You’ve helped me more times than I can count. But what I still don’t understand is why you helped me in the first place. You didn’t even know me yet you still helped. Why?”

“I don’t know really. I felt compelled to help you. Something drew me to you. Perhaps it’s the connection we share that drew me to you. I’m not sure really. And I also saw a piece of myself within you. I too was scared and confused when I arrived to that world, but Yubaba spared me because of the power that I possessed.”

Chihiro sat emotionless as she processed the information that she was receiving. Until this day nothing in the past had really occurred to her.

“Haku, something has been bothering me.”

“Yes, what is it?”

“Well, since you were able to get here does that mean that someone or something else will be able to come to this world?”

“Actually, I have no idea. That has been my biggest fear since I arrived here. But there’s no need to worry, I will protect you if any threats come our way.”

“Thank you, Haku. That makes me feel a lot better.” She said smiling softly.
“Chihiro, I’ve noticed that I haven’t seen your father since I arrived here. Is he out on a business trip or something?”

Chihiro’s smile faded. “Actually, my father died. A year after I met you in the Spirit World. The doctors have no idea what it was. Some unknown illness.” Chihiro began to feel a knot build in her throat as she continued. “But my mom recently married another man.”

“From the way you said it I get the feeling you don’t like him very much.”

“He’s never done anything to me so I supposed I have no reason to dislike him although I can’t help but envy him every now and then.”

“I suppose that is understandable. But the only thing that frightens me is I haven’t seen a truly sincere smile from you. I can feel that something is troubling you but I won’t pry.”

“Thank you, Haku. I appreciate that.,” Chihiro stated nonchalantly.

“Chihiro, would you and your friend like to join the rest of us for dinner?”

“The rest of us…He must be back.”

“Then let’s go join them for dinner, shall we?” Haku said taking Chihiro’s hand into his own.

Chihiro and Haku were greeted at the stairs by a man who looked no older than forty yet his aura made him seem as though he had the wisdom and sophistication of a ninety year old man. But the thing that bothered Haku was that this man also had a familiar feel about him. A feel that felt almost too familiar. And this made Haku hesitant and uneasy.

“And who is this young man and to what do I owe the pleasure of meeting him?” The man said with a smile.

“This is Haku and he’ll be staying with us for a while.” Chihiro put her temper in check before she continued. “If that’s okay with you that is.”

“That’s fine. As long as he sleeps in the downstairs guest room.”

“Isn’t that funny. My mother said the exact same thing.”

“Chihiro, have a seat. We will act like we have some manners and enjoy our meal.”

“So, Haku. If you don’t mind my asking, what is your reason for staying with us?”

This is just a side note to anyone that reads this fic. You can also check it out on fanfiction.net My author name is Twisted Enigmas. The story is much furthur along than this one. In fact, it is on chapter 8. Here’s a link if you prefer to check it out there. http://www.fanfiction.net/secure/live_preview.php?storyid=2367738&chapt er=2/