Spyro Fan Fiction ❯ A Turbulent Life ❯ Final Showdown ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Recap: Spyro and Red were still in Parasite Forest.  Their way out was a bittersweet one.  That was because Spyro had been poisoned and it was a race against time to get him the antidote.  Luckily, he did get the antidote in time.  Not only that, but they were just about at the exit as well.  Then they went on a rescue mission and freed most of their friends from the Shadow Realm.  Now the only ones left to rescue were the dragons of Dragon Shores and Dragon Village.
/ is Cosma mental talk
// is Red mental talk
' is thoughts






     &n bsp;                                          Chapter 10: Final Showdown

Three days have passed since the big rescue went down.  Spyro was able to help the rescue in some areas but not others.  That was because the other areas were full of blue or red armored monsters.  But Red had covered those areas and freed the hostages in them.  Currently, all except the dragons of Dragon Village and Dragon Shores had been rescued and accounted for.  Red and the other Elders were in the house left standing in Dragon Village.  They were planning out what they should do next.

"We have to find a way to rescue the others, although that's what the Sorcerer expects," Tomas said.

"True that the Sorcerer is expecting us.  But that doesn't mean that we need to be completely predictable.  We need to come up with some things that he won't expect us to do," Red said.

"That's a good point," Ragnar said as the others nodded.

Meanwhile, the cleanup process had been a long and tedious one.  There was much debris to be sifted through.  Spyro helped out wherever he could.  He had helped out in Dragon Village for the past two days.  He was currently helping Bianca and her cousins clean up their farm.  Sheila was also there helping out.  They first sorted through the crops.  To Teresa, Lucia the crops, they went back to cleaning up the broken wood.

"Whew, this is hard work," Spyro said.

"You said it.  But it needs to be done," Sheila said.

"I'm just glad that we're alive to do this.  The situation could've easily been much worse," Bianca said as the others nodded.

Meanwhile in Mole Caves, Hunter and his friends/family were helping the Professor and family clean up.  Just about everything was non salvageable.  The technology had been so distorted that not even the Professor or Sis could tell what used to be what.  In fact, Blink was wearing the only in tact technology in Mole Caves.

"Well not too much is salvageable here," the Professor said as he continued cleaning up.

"I don't get why the Sorcerer would see us a such a threat.  We don't know any kind of magic," Sis said.

"There are times in which technology is better than even the most powerful magic.  That's why he probably saw us as a threat," the Professor said.

"Cheer up doc.  You did say that Red said he would help you get your technology back," Agent 9 said.  He had actually been in the Artisans world at the time of the attack.  He came to the Professor's lab to see that it had been completely destroyed.  He went to Mole Caves and found everything destroyed as well.  When he asked what had gone on, he found out about the attack.  He decided to help with the cleanup as well.

Meanwhile, the Sorcerer was plotting on how to do away with Red and Spyro once and for all.  He was back in his own world.  Red and Spyro had proven to be a large threat to his plans of conquest.  Misteria and Ineptune were currently with him after having made sure that the remaning prisoners wouldn't try anything.

"It's too bad we had to come back here.  Dragon Shores did make a good base of operations," Misteria said.

"I know.  But it was only a matter of time before Red, Spyro or both of them came to Dragon Shores, which would've made things a little easier for them.  I don't want to make things even the slightest bit easier for them," the Sorcerer said.  He had destroyed the base at Dragon Shores after transporting himself, Misteria, Ineptune and the remaining prisoners back to his lair.

"What should we do about those thorns in our sides though?" Ineptune asked.

"It seems as though the only way to permanently deal with them  is to kill them," the Sorcerer responded.

"I've wanted to kill those two for a very long time," Misteria said.

"That won't be easy.  Red is the toughest opponent that I've ever faced so far," Ineptune said.

"Indeed he is.  He has proven that time and time again," the Sorcerer said.

"Why don't we involve that little brat of his?  It seems that every time we put that brat in danger, Red is the first one to do anything," Misteria said.

"An excellent suggestion.  The time isn't quite right to do something now.  When the time is right, we'll act," the Sorcerer said.

Meanwhile in the Dragon Dojo area of Dragon Village, Titan was rummaging through his damaged house for anything salvageable.  Red was helping Titan move the in tact things out.  Red was very uneasy about it though.  He knew that the house could collapse at any time.  He had voiced his concern to Titan.  Titan agreed to be extremely careful.  Titan was on his fifth trip inside when the inevitable began to happen.  The house began to shake, signaling the start of a collapse.  Titan quickly made his way to the door.  He was a foot away from the door when he tripped over some fallen planks of woods.

He tried to get up, but the trip had severely sprained his ankle.  Then the roof began to fall.  He closed his eyes, anticipating the roof to squash him.  Fortunately, the crushing weight never came.  He opened his eyes and gasped in awe.  Red stood in front of him, effortlessly holding up the fallen roof, the rest of the house now shambles around them.  When the roof came down, Red rushed in and held it up at an angle so anything that fell above the roof slid off the sides.  Red then turned his head back and looked down at Titan.

"Can you stand?" Red asked.

"No because I sprained my ankle pretty bad," Titan responded.

"We can help," two voices said.

Titan and Red looked back to see Tomas and Astor coming.  Tomas and Astor got on either side of Titan, Tomas taking one arm, and Astor the other.  They were able to pull Titan to safety.  Then Red began taking steps backward, laying the roof down more with each step backward.  Several minutes later, he had put the roof completely down.  Then he went over and healed Titan's ankle.  Titan then stood up.

"Thanks Red.  I would've been flatter than a pancake if not for you," Titan said.

"Don't mention it," Red said.  "I think I should check on Spyro now.  He's been working more that resting.  I fear that he might work himself sick," he added before sensing for Spyro's aura.  He located it and teleported, arriving in Skelos Badlands.

Spyro was just speaking with Gronk and Lumpy.  They had just finished removing multiple bone fragments.  Spyro looked back and saw Red approaching.  Red had soon stopped about arm's length away from Spyro.

"Hey dad," Spyro said.

"Hey," Red said.  "I was just coming to check up on you," he added.

"I've been just fine," Spyro said.  Then he started crossing the bones.

Unfortunately, not all of the bones were stable anymore.  The Sorcerer had left some of the bones so brittle that just about anything would collapse them.  Spyro found that out when he got to the fifth bone.  He quickly jumped off it before it broke apart.  He jumped off one bone after another, each previous bone collapsing immediately afterwards  Several minutes later, a bone collapsed just as he landed on it.  He headed towards a very deadly bath.

Suddenly, he felt himself floating.  He looked down and saw himself hovering about six inches above the scorching lava.  He looked around but saw no one in the immediate area.  Then he felt himself float upwards.  He looked up and saw Red flying above him, arms stretched out towards him.  Several moments later, Spyro was safely in Red's arms.

"Are you all right?" Red asked.

"I am now thanks to you," Spyro responded before yawning.

"Just as I thought.  You need to rest Spyro.  You're doing what you can to help, and I'm proud of you for that.  But you also have to know when to rest.  You've worked yourself too hard," Red said before landing on a solid piece of land and teleporting to Dragon Village.  He went into the undamaged house and put Spyro on the bed.  "You just rest now Spyro.  I'll go to help in your place," he added.

Spyro nodded before going to sleep.  Red smiled and teleported to Cliff Town.  He had overheard Spyro say something about helping out in Cliff Town.  Bandit saw Red and headed over.

"Hey amigo," Bandit said.

Red looked over to Bandit.  "Hi there," he said.  He was about to say something else when...

"Mama help me!" a young female voice screamed.

Red and Bandit quickly looked up and made out a young armadillo dangling over the edge of one of the cliffs.

"Oh no!  Isabel!" Bandit cried.

"I'll get her," Red said before flying up.

Isabel completely lost her grip.

"Isabel no!" Sofia cried.  She watched helplessly as Isabel fell into the abyss.  Then she saw something quickly heading down into the abyss as well.

Isabel screamed as she plummeted through the air.

"I'm coming!" a deep voice said.

Isabel looked up and saw a red dragon flying down after her, quickly closing the gap as well.  Several moments later, Red caught Isabel and flew up.  He flew back up to where Sofia was and put Isabel down.  Sofia was overjoyed to see her daughter safe.  She gave Isabel a huge hug.  Then she released her daughter and looked at Red.

"Thank you so much," Sofia said.

"It's no problem," Red said.  "But what happened?" he added.

"I was just about to head over to the ladder and climb down when one of the goats butted me.  I managed to grasp the cliff's edge, but I wasn't able to hold on for long," Isabel responded.

I couldn't do anything to help her because the goats were blocking me," Sofia said.

Speaking of the goats, they were now paralyzed with fear.  They knew not to try anything with Red standing there.  Red helped Sofia and Isabel down on the cliff.  He landed in front of Bandit before placing Sofia and Isabel down on their feet.  He looked around and saw that the cleanup was the slowest here.

"Can you use some extra help in cleaning up?" Red offered.

"That would be great," Bandit said before continuing with the cleanup.

Red, Bandit, Sofia and Isabel sifted through the mounds of rubble.  They removed things that were still salvageable.  But there was more rubble than salvageable things.  Pablo and Francisco came above ground to help out.  The rubble had extended underground as well.  They had recently finished sifting through all the rubble underground and came above ground to help with the cleanup there.

"Well, that's enough for now.  I'm flat tired," Sofia said several hours later.

"I'm exhausted," Isabel said.

"I told Spyro about pushing yourself too hard.  You'll fool around and make yourself sick," Red told her.

"He's right you know," Sofia said.

"I'll try not to work as hard next time," Isabel said.

"You just have to learn how to pace yourself that's all," Pablo said.

Red then teleported to Dragon Village.  He went inside the house and smiled upon finding Spyro still asleep.  'He worked himself harder than he thought,' he thought before getting into bed next to Spyro and taking a nap himself.  He wrapped his arms around Spyro, Spyro snuggling closer as a result.

Meanwhile back in the Sorcerer's lair, cries of pain could be heard.  The Sorcerer, Misteria and Ineptune smirked upon hearing Flame and Ember's cries of pain.  Misteria had struck Flame and Ember with lightning bolts.  Ineptune then gave them a taste of her acid breath.  Not to mention that the Sorcerer inflicted his own kind of pain on them as well.

"It's been so long since I've last tortured someone like this.  It makes me feel great," Misteria said smirking.

"I know how you feel," the Sorcerer said.

'We've got to find a way out of here,' Flame thought.  He knew that he wouldn't be able to take the torture much longer.

Several hours later, the Sorcerer, Misteria and Ineptune left Flame and Ember alone for the time being.

"How...are we...going to get...out of...here," Ember said.

Flame looked at the bars and saw that he was just skinny enough to squeeze through them.  He took a deep breath and held it before squeezing through the bars.  Several moment later, he was free.

"You're...free," Ember said.

"Shh!  You...want...them to know?" Flame said.

"What...are you...going to...do?  Getting...out of...here...isn't easy," Ember said as quietly as she could.

"I've been...keeping a...secret," Flame said before using the last of his strength to teleport.  He had luck on his side because he appeared in Dragon Village. 

Red and the other Elders were just outside when they saw Flame appear.  Suddenly, Flame collapsed, his injuries catching up with him.  Red rushed to Flame's side.  Red then healed Flame of his injuries.  Flame regained consciousness and stood up.

"Are you all right?" Red asked.

"I am now thanks to you," Flame responded.

"How were you able to escape?" Tomas asked.

"I was able to squeeze through the cage bars.  Then I used the last of my strength to teleport here," Flame responded.  "But the others are in the Sorcerer's lair.  He had a second base in Dragon Shores.  But he destroyed it and returned to his world.  Ember is barely clinging to life.  She needs help as soon as possible," he added.

Meanwhile, the Sorcerer was livid.  He returned to where he kept his prisoners to find one had somehow escaped.  He dealt the remaining prisoners a large blow, causing multiple cries of pain.

"What happened?" Misteria asked.

"That little red dragon somehow got out," the Sorcerer responded.

"Why not replace him?" Misteria asked smirking.

The Sorcerer smirked as well.  "It seems as though the time to act is now," he said.

Meanwhile, Spyro was in Big Bear Forest.  He helped to clear debris from what used to be houses.

"A little hard work never hurts does it Spyro?" Moneybags asked.  He was clearing debris from destroyed houses as well.

"Yeah.  It's too much hard work that can really affect you," Spyro said.

"Ah, too true," Moneybags said.

Suddenly, a bolt of lightning struck down.  When the flash subsided, Misteria and the Sorcerer were standing where the lightning struck.

"What do you want?" Spyro asked dryly.

"You'll find out soon enough," the Sorcerer responded before putting Spyro and Moneybags under a sleeping spell.  He picked Spyro up before he and Misteria disappeare.

Moneybags woke up several minutes later to find Misteria, the Sorcerer and Spyro gone.  'Oh no!  Spyro's been kidnapped!' he thought.

Maxwell, Merton and Marshall had then come.  They hoped that Spyro could help them clear out some pretty thick weeds.  What they came to instead was a horrified Moneybags.

"Hey dad.  Where did Spyro go?" Marshall said.

"The Sorcerer kidnapped him," Moneybags said.

"What?!" Maxwell exclaimed.

"You heard me.  Spyro is now the Sorcerer's prisoner," Moneybags responded.

Meanwhile in Dragon Village, the Elders tried to calm Red down.  Red sensed that Spyro was in big trouble and would've gone to the Sorcerer's world, plan or no plan.  They understood Red's urgency.  After all, Red reacted just like any good father would upon learning that his child was in danger.  But they also knew that Red would be making a mistake if he were to just jump into the fray.

"You suggested that we do things that the Sorcerer wouldn't predict.  The Sorcerer is definitely expecting you to suddenly show up," Ragnar said.

Red then calmed down.  He knew that Ragnar was right.  "But we need to act as soon as possible.  There's no telling what the Sorcerer intends to do with Spyro.  Spyro will be the one in for the most trouble," he said.

"Agreed.  The other Elders and I will go to the Sorcerer's world first.  He'll probably be expecting to see you first.  We'll see what we can do to free the remaining hostages," Tomas said.

"I can appear first," Red said.

"How?" Ragnar asked.

"I can become invisible.  And the Sorcerer wouldn't expect me to suddenly appear if he can't see me appear," Red responded.

"The Sorcerer will probably have Spyro elsewhere.  Out of all of us, you have the best chance against the Sorcerer," Ragnar said.

Red nodded before teleporting to the Sorcerer's world.  He had made himself invisible the moment he disappeared.  Then the other Elders disappeared, reappearing in the Sorcerer's world.  They intentionally headed into the Sorcerer's lair and found some of the hostages.

"Those are shadow cages," Cho Lei said.

"There's not much we'll be able to do then," Titan said sadly.

"I'll help then," a familiar deep voice said.

Red then came out of invisibility.  He waved his hand, and the cages disappeared.  The dragons parted, allowing him to see Ember.  He went over to Ember's side and healed her of her injuries.

"How do you feel young lady?" Ragnar asked.

"I feel much better.  Thanks Red," Ember responded.

"No problem," Red said.  He healed the other now free hostages of their injuries and sent them to Dragon Shores.

"That was perfect timing," Tomas said.

Red nodded.  "I'll look for Spyro," he then said.

"Right, and the others and I will try to find the remaing hostages," Titan said before he and the other Elders headed off in one direction.

Red headed off in another direction.  Half an hour later, he came to a door that he hasn't seen before.  'I think that I just found out where they're keeping Spyro.  I don't remember ever seeing a red and orange door,' he thought.  He erected a force field around himself because he could feel the oppressive heat coming off the door.  Then he broke it down.

He looked around the room, searching for Spyro.  He heard a muffled sound and looked up.  He saw Spyro dangling from a chain over what appeared to be a pit.  He came closer and looked down the pit, seeing just how dangerous it was.  There were giant blades swinging back and forth.  But that wasn't all.  He couldn't see the flamethrowers or the acid pool below the blades.

"So the father has finally arrived," a sinister male voice said.

Red whipped around and saw the Sorcerer.  Misteria then came through the room.  Meanwhile, the other Elders had found the remaining hostages.  But Ineptune guarded them.

"I will take care of you once and for all," Ineptune said.

"Not today," Titan said.

Ineptune sent a large acid fireball at Ragnar.  Ragnar simply smiled.  He didn't just teach Red moves.  Red had taught him and the other Elders the Banish spell in return for them teaching him everything they knew.  Ragnar used the Banish spell on the acid ball.  Ineptune's eyes widened as the ball of acid was redirected back to her.  She dove under with only seconds to spare.  The ball sailed harmlessly past.  Then she resurfaced.  Infuriated with having her own attack reflected back at her, she breathed acid.  The Elders evaded the attack with only seconds to spare.

"I thought her acid breath was short range," Astor said.

"It was.  But the Sorcerer helped me to become stronger.  As a result, my acid breath is now a long-range attack," Ineptune said smirking before hurling smaller acid fireballs.

The Elders simply used the Banish spell to send the acid fireballs back at Ineptune.  This time, Ineptune countered with more acid fireballs, which cancelled out the reflected ones.

"I think that it's time to bring this to an end," Cho Lei said.

"Oh, and how are you going to end this battle so quickly?" Ineptune asked mockingly.

"Like this," Cho Lei responded before using the Shock spell to electrically charge the water Ineptune was in.

Ineptune screamed in pain as the electricity coursed through her body, the large amount of water making the electricity even more powerful.  Several minutes later, she passed out, sinking into the water.  With Ineptune defeated, the cage holding the other hostages disappeared.  Then the Elders helped each of them back to Dragon Shores.  Tomas used the Move Spell to remove the unconscious Ineptune before teleporting her to Coastal Remains.  Then he went back to Dragon Village.

"I just hope that Red is all right," Titan said.

Meanwhile, the two against one battle was already underway.  Misteria shot a lightning bolt at Red.  Imagine her shock when Red countered with a lightning bolt of his own.  Then he took to the air, dodging a large fireball that the Sorcerer fired at him.  Then Misteria fired a barrage of hail.  Red melted the hail with his fire breath.

Then Red quickly erected a force field around himself.  A ball of electricity fizzled out on contact with the force field, the force field disappearing afterwards.  Then Red landed to duke it out with Misteria.  He and Misteria exchanged lightning bolts and hail pellets at each other.  The Sorcerer, seeing that Red was completely distracted attempted to get Red from behind.  He charged for Red.

/Quick, fly up.  The Sorcerer is coming at you from behind.  What he doesn't know is that you're standing in front of the pit/

//I see what you're saying.  He'll fall into his own trap//

/Exactly/

Red flew up at the last moment.  The Sorcerer instantly realized his mistake.  But there was nothing he could do, as he was going too fast.  He ended up faling into the pit.  A scream of intense pain was heard, signaling that the blades, flamethrowers and the acid pool did their work.

"Now the battle is even.  It's just you and me," Red said upon landing.

"I wouldn't have it any other way.  This time, I will succeed in getting rid of you," Misteria said.

Before either of them could do anything, the castle had faded away to nothing.  That was because the Sorcerer used his magic to create the castle.  Now that he was dead, the castle would be dead as well.  But now a bigger problem presented itself.  Because the castle disappeared, the chain around Spyro was no longer fastened to something.  Spyro fell towards the deadly pit(A/N: Let's just say that the deadly pit didn't disappear as well because it was already there before the Sorcerer created his castle).

Red quickly ran to the edge of the pit and stretched his arms out.  "Gotcha," he said upon feeling Spyro land in his arms.

Misteria then fired a lightning bolt while Red was distracted with saving Spyro.  But Red sensed the attack and flew up to avoid it.  Then Red unwrapped an arm from around Spyro.  Then he removed the gag from Spyro's mouth.  Then he broke the chain holding Spyro.  He landed away from the pit and put Spyro down before putting a force field over Spyro.  Neither Spyro nor Misteria could see the force field because it was invisible this time.

"I just put a force field over you.  You can't see it, but it's there.  It will keep you safe in case Misteria tries something sneaky," Red said.

"Thanks," Spyro said.  "Give Misteria a good beating," he added.

"Oh I'll make sure of that," Red said before turning his attention back to Misteria.

"See if you can take this," Misteria said before launching a softball-sized ball of electricity at Red.

Red simply caught the electric ball.  Then he wound up and threw the ball right back at Misteria.  Misteria gasped before firing another electric ball to counter the one coming back at her.  The two attacks exploded.  Then Misteria turned the tranquil weather stormy.  Lightning flashed every 5 seconds.  Soon hail began to fall as well.

"Can you handle a little hailstorm?" Misteria asked smirking.  She gapsed in shock to see Red unaffected.

"With my ability to create force fields, I can easily handle anything you throw at me," Red said.

Then Misteria conjured up a very powerful F-5 tornado.  The twister was a mile wide.  She flew out of its path.  The tornado sucked up whole trees.  It even picked up the grass on the ground.  But Red wasn't worried.  When the tornado passed over Red and Spyro, they were completely unharmed.  Everything else had been wiped out.  Misteria was shocked to no end upon seeing that the most powerful of tornadoes didn't do a thing to Spyro or Red.

"How could you hold your force field up in winds of over 300 miles per hour?" Misteria asked.

"The same reason why I can do this," Red responded before waving his hand in an arch-like motion.

Then the sky started clearing up, much to Misteria's dismay and shock.  Red then removed the force field he erected around himself.
     
"How can you control the weather?" Misteria asked.

"That's for me to know and you to never find out," Red responded.  He then fired a sunbeam at Misteria.

Misteria tried to counter the sunbeam with a small blizzard, but the sunbeam cut right through the ice and snow.  Misteria was struck directly.  She regained her composure before taking to the sky.  She conjured up another storm and merged with it.  "Let's see if you can handle me now.  My powers are at their greatest when I merge with a storm I create," she said.

"I can handle you no matter what you look like.  And you look quite ugly right now," Red said.

/Amen to that/

"You said it," Spyro agreed.

Misteria screamed in anger upon hearing Red's remark and aimed a large lightning bolt at him.  Red breathed fire to counter the incoming lightning strike.  The two attacks collided, causing an explosion.  A fierce wind picked up, blowing the large volume of smoke away.  Red was no longer on the ground.

"Where are you ya little menace?  I know the explosion didn't kill you," Misteria said.  She couldn't see that Red was now above her.

Red had taken advantage of the smokescreen to quickly get above Misteria's storm.  He directed some of the sun's energy into her.  She felt the sun get more intense, but wasn't affected that much by it.

"How is the sun getting hotter?" she asked.  She was actually at a disadvantage now that she merged with her storm.  She could only see what was below her.  She couldn't look all around.  If she could, then she would've located Red by now.

Red was trying to figure out how to greatly affect Misteria now that she was the storm she created.  //How will I be able to affect Misteria now?//

/You'll have to create a high concentration of stable air.  Stable air is a storm's worse enemy/

//How can I do that?//

/Clear your mind of all thoughts and feel the air around you.  You should be able to draw enough of it to give Misteria a big surprise/

Red did as Cosma told him.  He closed his eyes and focused his thoughts on the stable air around him.  Several minutes later, he felt the air flowing through his body.  He drew in air for about ten minutes.  Then he opened his eyes and flew over the storm.  He flapped his wings slow and hard, dispensing the air he gathered into Misteria's storm. 

Misteria began to feel herself breaking up.  "How is this possible?  I made sure to expel high amounts of stable air," Misteria said as she continued breaking up.  Soon, she fell out of her storm and angrily watched it completely break up.  That's when she saw Red.  "So you were the culprit behind the high amount of stable air," she said angrily.

"I was indeed," Red said.

Misteria shot ice and snow towards Red.  Red simply countered the ice and snow with his fire breath.  Then he spun in place.  As he spun around, electricity started forming around him.  He then breathed fire to create a fiery electric cyclone.  Then he sent the cyclone at Misteria.  Misteria attempted to cancel out the dual attack with electricity and fire of her own, but Red's attack sliced right through her counterattack.

Misteria fell from the sky after the attack struck her.  She recuperated several moments later and flew back up again.  "You always were annoying to me," she said.

"I'm glad you see me that way," Red said smirking.

Then Misteria intensified the sun's rays.  The temperature began to climb.  But it didn't last forever because Red began bringing the temperature down.  Misteria attempted to increase the temperature when she felt it decreasing, but Red's power was too great for her.  The temperature was soon to a more comfortable setting again.  Misteria was getting desperate.  She closed her eyes in concentration for a very big attack.

A multi-colored aura soon engulfed her.  Five minutes later, she unleashed a multi-colored beam of energy.  The energies making up the beam were solar energy, electrical energy as well as water and ice.  Red stretched his arms out, palms facing Misteria.  The beam came in contact with his hands.  At first, the beam was quickly pushing him backwards.

"Now you die," Misteria said smirking.

"Dad!" Spyro cried in horror upon seeing the beam getting the best of his father.

Red continued to struggle against the beam.  'I won't let Misteria beat me,' he thought determinedly.

'Come on Red, concentrate.  I know you can send the beam back at her,' Cosma thought.

Red was still being pushed backwards.  He was only minutes away from literally having his back against the wall and possibly being blown to kingdom come as well.  He closed his eyes, reaching deep down within himself to find the strength to push the beam back.  Soon, he roared as a large quantity of energy suddenly flowed through him.  "Now it finally ends Misteria," he said.  He bent his arms back a little before pushing the beam back towards her with all his strength.

Misteria gasped in shock as her beam was reflected back at her.  The reflected beam had also picked up quite a bit of speed.  She had used so much energy to create the beam that she wouldn't be able to avoid the reflected attack.  She screamed in pain as the beam made a direct hit.  She fell from the sky.  She saw what appeared to be a wide-open Spyro on the ground.

With the last of her energy, she fired a lightning bolt at Spyro.  The lightning bolt fizzled away harmlessly upon contact with the force field around Spyro.  She looked down and screamed upon seeing that she was falling into the deadly pit.  Red flew down and removed the force field over Spyro.  He and Spyro heared Misteria's dying screams.  Soon, the screams faded.

"It's over.  The nightmare is finally over," Spyro said, almost not believing that Misteria was finally gone.

"Yes.  Misteria is gone forever.  Karla's death has finally been avenged," Red said.

"The Sorcerer has also been defeated for good," Spyro said.

"Yes," Red said before picking up Spyro.  He then teleported back to Dragon Village.  He didn't see anyone in the immediate area and headed to the Dragon Dojo ruins.  He saw everyone gathered in the area and landed in the middle of the large circle.  He put Spyro down before looking at everyone and smiling.

Everyone then broke out into loud cheers.  Upon seeing Red smile, they knew that the Sorcerer and Misteria had been defeated.

"What a glorious day this has turned into," Tomas said.

"Yes.  The Sorcerer and Misteria are gone for good," Red said.

"An extraordinary day this has turned into," Titan said.

Then Spyro gave a big yawn.  Everyone looked up to see that the sun had completely set.  The moon and stars now lit up the sky.  Spyro simply lay where he was and went to sleep.  Red lay down next to Spyro, wrapping his arms around Spyro before going to sleep himself.  Everyone found a place to lie down before going to sleep as well.

The next morning, everyone awoke rested and refreshed.  With Red and the other Elders' help, everyone was sent to his/her home.  The cleanup and rebuilding was back underway.  In Dragon Village, Red and Spyro ate from a large tray of fruit and nuts that suddenly appeared in front of them.  Half an hour after finishing, Red picked up Spyro.

"What do you say to having some fun?" Red asked.

"I say let's do it," Spyro responded smiling.

Red smiled as well and took to the sky.  He flew all over Dragon Village before teleporting to Tree Tops.  He wove his way around the trees, doing stunts along the way.  Spyro laughed, enjoying the stunt flying his father was doing.  With the Sorcerer and Misteria finally gone, they would be having a lot more worry free days.  Things were indeed looking the highest they've ever been.





And that's the end. This story is 100% complete. Now that the Sorcerer and Misteria have been defeated once and for all, things should go back to normal.  Or will they?  Yep, I plan to do a sequel to this story.  Just as it seems that things are getting to normal again, Ripto, the most annoying villain ever, shows his ugly face once again.  This time, he's back for only one reason: revenge.  Stay tuned for Ripto Strikes Back.