Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time Fan Fiction ❯ Albel's Great Invention ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Albel’s Great Invention

by
Phoenix Hoshika



Welch sat at her desk looking at herself in a compact mirror. “Hehe, well aren’t you a hottie.” Welch said then batted her eyes at herself. She was so enthralled with pretending to flirt with herself she didn’t notice the man who had entered the room. He stood in front of her desk patiently waiting, but not for long.

“Hey.” Albel said when Welch started kissing her reflection.

“Ah! What!?” Welch said standing up and tossing the mirror into the air out of surprise, it landed on the floor behind her breaking.

“I have an invention I want to patent.” Albel said handing her a leather bond book.

“You don’t have to come in for this. Why didn’t you just use the communicator?” Welch asked her face burning with embarrassment.

“I know that. I was in the neighborhood and figured I’d drop by.” Albel said nonchalantly.

“Well, thanks for the visit, but you really didn’t have to.” Welch said wishing he hadn’t. “So you wrote this all on you own?” Welch said as she looked over the invention details.

“Of course I did.” Albel said offended.

“I’m amazed considering your writing skill level is so low. That is I mean at least it looks promising.” Welch said in a low tone.

“What did you say you self indulgent wench!?” Albel demanded furiously, daring her to repeat her comment.

“Nothing, nothing,” Welch denied hoping to avoid the overly sensitive swordsman’s wrath. “Do you mind if I read a couple of pages first?” She asked curious as to what the book’s contents were.

“Sure go ahead, but make it quick. I don’t have all day you know.” Albel said already calmed down considerably.

Opening the book Welch begin silently reading;



Fool. The fact that you are reading this only proves what a useless worm you are, but since you have come to realize that maybe there is some hope for you after all. The way of the world is kill or be killed; the strong crush the weak. You either get stronger or get crushed. If you don’t learn how to become stronger by reading this book you should rid the world of your contagious stupidity and die!



Welch sweat dropped. “I think I’ve read enough,” She thought closing the book. “What kind of book is this supposed to be?” Welch asked out of curiosity.

“It’s a motivational novel. Isn’t it obvious?” Albel asked giving the woman a piercing stare.

“Not really.” Welch murmured after walking a small distance away toward the rating machine so he couldn’t hear what she had to say. “Okay, let’s get your patent filed.” Welch said putting the book inside the machine. To her surprise the rating quickly went up and didn’t stop until it reached ninety-nine, the highest rating an invention can receive.

Welch gasped. “What a fabulous review I’m sho-… I mean I’m amazed! Once we test the market we’ll decide the quantity to distribute. Then get this thing taken in for repairs.” Welch added under her breath. “I can’t believe it! No way this pile of junk could have gotten such an amazing rating if this machine wasn’t broken!” Welch thought as she turned it off.



Item: Book of Encouragement (?)

Inventor: Albel

Rating: 99

Price: 60,000 Fol

---

Description: A book filled with scornful taunting disparagements that belittle and berate the reader. Is it really meant to be encouraging?



Factors:

Raging anger during battles

30% attack increase



*****