Star Wars - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Empire ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Empire

“ Speech “
‘ Thoughts ‘

A/N: I had this idea rolling around in my head for a while now, so I finally decided to start writing and see where it goes.


Chapter: One

-xXx-

On the planet Mastafar …

How could he have been so stupid? That was the question circling through young Anakins’ mind as he laid on the ground in agony.  His once proud body was now just a smoldering and broken heap of flesh.

‘ Why did I jump? What possessed me to do such a stupid act?! '

He knew better. At the time his common sense screamed at him not to act out of pride, but alas its pleas fell on death ears.

Love won't save you, Padme. Only my new powers can do that.
But at what cost? You're a good person. Don't do this!
I won't lose you the way I lost my mother. I am becoming more powerful than any Jedi has ever dreamed of. And I'm doing it for you, to protect you.

To protect … Was that the real reason behind his actions? Did he really want to protect his beloved wife, the jewel of his heart? Or was it simply for himself? At that very moment Anakin realized that he was a nothing more than a coward. He betrayed his friends and comrades because of his fear. Instead of facing whatever future may come and accepting the results as a man should. He instead chose to take the easy way out by listening to the lies of Palpatine, but more importantly the lies of his own heart.

‘ I will not let it end this way… I will not die, she shall not die! ‘

With a beastly inhuman roar, the young Jedi’s’ body started glowing with a blinding myriad of colors. Mustafar seemed to stop as miraculously the light pieced the Siths body back together.

-xXx-

At the same time, somewhere in space …

Obi-wan watched in amazement as the once life-less body of Senator Amidala suddenly sprung back to life. Quickly regaining his composure he ordered the medical droid to begin examining her to ensure she was in no further danger.

“Thank the Force Padme. I was certain you were dead.” Obi-wan said with a smile.

“I… I was …”

Before she could utter another word Padme passed out. Though her life was saved, Obi-wan knew that something was off about the way she seemed to come back from the dead. It appeared as if something or someone had saved her. But who or what was responsible shouldn't be his concern at the moment. Making sure hers and the newborns conditions were stable was his top priority. Though he didn't quite understand it fully, he had a good idea of who was responsible. But how is former student managed to pull of such a feat was beyond him at the moment.

-xXx-

Nineteen years later, on the landing pad of the volcanic world of Mastafar ….

Anakin, or as he is now infamously known as Lord Vader easily parried a saber strike from his son, then seemingly simultaneously backhanded the boy across the cheek sending him flying back a good twenty feet. Luke immediately tried to stand, but found it difficult, as the most he could manage was to make it to one knee. Leia, though suffering from severe fatigue ran to help her brother with light saber in hand. Both teenagers knew this would mostly likely be their final battle. But to them sacrificing their lives was a small price to pay for avenging their fathers death.

“If you truly want revenge for what happened to Skywalker then you two must do better then this. At this rate you're both going to die as he did.” he said snickering.

At the mention of their fathers names and the apparent disrespect shown by Vader towards their father. Both Jedi gazed upon the Sith Lord with hatred. Though they were warned by both Obi-Wan and Master Yoda not to give in to anger and hatred the teens were paying no heed to the warning at the moment. Anger though was not the only emotion the two were feeling. Both were doing there best not to fall to there knees in share terror of their opponent.

' He's like some sort of monster. H-how could Master Obi-Wan and my father have fought this thing?' Leah thought, trying to further suppress her fear.

What stood before both teens was the towering form of a true master of the force in all his glory.  His long, black, hooded robe concealed all parts of his body was a daunting sight. But the most frightening part of his visage was the skull like white mask which helped to hide his identity. Though she would have been hard pressed to admit it openly. Leah was in awe of her opponent. Though dressed similar; except for the skull mask and hooded robes. That was where the similarities ended. He screamed power unlike anything she has ever encountered before. And like her brother who was having similar thoughts and emotions, she wanted that power.

“I guess it is fitting for us to be here. This volcanic hell was where Anakin fell.... and it is where you two will meet your demise also.”

“Shut up!” Luke screamed as he charged in with reckless abandon.

Leia though knowing better joined her brother. Anakin shook his head at his foolish children as they apparently ran to their doom. Using the force to enhance her body, Leia jumped over and past her brother. Luke seeing this increased his speed to match his sisters.

Behind his mask Anakin smirked at the tactic. It was a simple one, but often highly effective. Attack your enemy from above and below at exactly the same time. A move which if executed with perfect timing was extremely difficult to avoid. Both sibling knew this and had spent many long hours trying to perfect the move. And perfect they did. The move was performed flawlessly and appeared to have a high chance of succeeding, until they came within a couple feet of reaching their target when it happened. As if they were inside the heart of a storm itself. A literal storm of Lighting suddenly appeared, seemingly out of nowhere. In their brief lives, the siblings had never felt such pain, as their bloodcurdling cries echoed throughout the area.

Years ago on Mastafar something new was born. Neither Sith nor Jedi. This was the Chosen One of the force. The one destined to bring complete balance to it.

“If such a thing is truly possible or needed ...” he said solemnly, as he watched his children drop to the ground unconscious.

-xXx-

A/N: So how was it? I have never written anything Star Wars related before, but I do have some interesting things planned. Well, I hope you enjoyed reading. Also, please check out my profile for the poll question.


Converting /tmp/phplJlGEz to /dev/stdout