Street Fighter Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranko Half Dreamgirl ❯ Introducing Ranko ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Ranma, Streetfighter, Iron Wok Jan or Charlie Brown. I did make Kumo Gobancho.



Chapter One



FLASHBACK 17 YEARS AGO:At the Juuban hospital, Nodoka Saotome was in labor. "You have a boy Mrs. Saotome." The doctor said. "You have a girl too. Your son is healthy but your daughter is not well."



Her daughter seemingly died, but her spirit entered into Ranma and was sublimated in him. "Your son is fine Mrs. Saotome. But your daughter has passed away." The doctor said.



"Let me see my daughter." Nodoka requested. She looked at her and for some reason sensed she would see her daughter again someday and would know her when she saw her.



"Even though she has passed away I am naming her Ranko. You, I'm calling Ranma." Nodoka said to her son. "Don't forget your sister Ranma. I have a feeling we will see her again someday."



After this Nodoka had dreams that she was taking care of her daughter. She wondered about this but thought nothing of it. As time went on she eventually forgot about her daughter.



Ranko, even though she was linked to Ranma, travelled from dream to dream of different people. She learned many different skills and abilities some based on martial arts some not. Sometimes she would watch her family in her astral form.



At times she would watch Ranma train. She also would enter Ranma's dreams and try to teach him some of other techniques she had learned from other people. Sometimes they he would learn from her sometimes he'd dismiss her. As he got older he dismissed more and more. Then he forgot about her altogether.



ELEVEN YEARS AGO: In her astral form she noticed a small boy being beaten up by a group of boys. He had given a valiant effort; he actually fought with some skill. But in the end the numbers took him down.One in particular was more intent on dishing out punishment than the others. He was tall very muscular and atheletic looking; he had reddish brown hair and was very handsome but he had a look of arrogance and superiority that Ranko found abhorent.



"You're a wimp just like a thought Kumo." Hayao Toma said with arrogance. "Your family is the lowest of the all the families in Tokyo." Hayao said as he struck him. "And your martial arts is a joke."



Despite the beating he had taken, Kumo responded to Hayao. "You guys out numbered me ten to one. I did alright considering the odds against me."



"Did I say you could speak wimp?" Hayao said with rage as he kicked Kumo with a roundhouse kick in the head while the other students from his father's dojo held him up. "You know why your family is low? Because I say it is." He then knocked him to the ground. "You couldn't beat me one on one anyway." After this he and his crew left.



Kumo Gobancho eventually got up and limped his way home. He came home depressed. He ignored his parents and went straight to his room where he cried himself to sleep.



Later that night in Kumo's dreams, he had a visitor. "Hi Kumo,my name is Ranko." She greeted him. "I saw what happened earlier today." "You mean you saw what a pathetic weakling I was and how bad my martial arts was." Kumo retorted sadly.



"Oh c'mon,you weren't that bad. But your martial arts need a lot of work. I can help you train; I know a style called Anything Goes. I'll train you in it. I know some other things as well. We'll have you fighting like a master in no time." Ranko said.



"Can I really become that good? I've never been anywhere near that good. How can you help me? You're a figment of my imagination." Kumo answered back.



"If you change your mind you're the first in line, because now I'm free, take a chance on me. I'll help you train and be better guy. Help you get stronger and maybe fly." Ranko sang. "So what you do say Kumo?" Kumo nodded his head yes and smiled.



YEARS LATER: "I'm proud of you son. You managed to come back from humiliating defeats and win the tournament. Your martial arts have improved remarkably." Baki Gobancho said. "But who is this Ranko person you have been talking about in your sleep?"



"She's my girlfriend Dad!" Kumo expressed vehemently. "She has also trained me in my dreams and helped me get stronger. She's even helped me with my schoolwork."



"Look Kumo, aren't you a little old for imaginary friends? Is she really the girl of your dreams? I know you have had problems getting a date. But that will change now that you're a whole lot more skilled." His father said.



"She's not imaginary Dad she..." "Oh never mind Kumo." Baki relented. He decided it was good that his son wasn't a weakling anymore. He would probably get over this dreamgirl of his in due time. The number of students in their dojo had grown and so had their financial outlook.



In the shadows stood, a very old man, Toru Gobancho."Kumo has improved. Maybe he's strong enough to endure the full brutal training of Gobanchokenpo.



My son, Mutsuju was more interested in Chinese cooking than in martial arts, even if he used what I taught him to become a more skilled chef.



My grandson, Baki gave a great deal of effort but could not handle the full brutal training of Gobanchokenpo, even if he is a skilled martial artist in his own right.



"Do I dare hope my greatgrandson has what it takes to endure the full training of the art? If he does this dreamgirl of his is easily tolerated. Maybe Kumo could handle alternate universe traveling. It would only need to happen once.



I know a point where this could happen. If he could do that he would come back more physically powerful and agile. But it's a rare person who could do this. I will keep an eye on my greatgrandson and see what developes." Toru Gobancho thought.



A FEW DAYS LATER: Kumo was on his home from school. He was leaping over fences and atop houses. When he finally landed on the ground, he was about to run the rest of the way home. But then he saw someone familiar that he would rather not deal with.



"I can't believe you beat me in that last tournament Kumo." Hayao Toma spat out with contempt. "But I'll kick your ass right now."



"Oh really, Hayao? You and what army?" Kumo answered back confidently. "Me and this army." Hayao said.



Kumo noticed about fifty guys coming behind Hayao. Some of were martial artists of varying styles; some of them were simply street fighters. They were definately a motley crew. Then they attacked.



Kumo dodged an attack here and there. He blocked as was needed. Then at the right moment, he counterattacked. He spun around and kept spinning while at the same time attacked with a flurry of punches and kicks. Many of his opponents were taken out but some got hits in. Eventually Kumo was beaten down by the few who were left.



"Hold him down!" Hayao ordered. He then pounded Kumo over and over again. "I always knew you were weak Kumo. You just got lucky at the last tournament. Well, you are out of luck now." Before he could hit him some more, he heard police sirens. "Shoot, we gotta get out of here! Guys let's go!" Hayao yelled as he and crew left. The more conscious ones helped the less conscious ones and they all left.



"I must act now." Toru Gobancho thought as he walked towards Kumo's prone, barely moving form. He observed him and saw the fatal injuries. "I have to get him to the interdimensional point and hope he is capable of traversing into that other universe while there is still time." He picked Kumo and took him away to his getaway in the wilderness.



"Kumo, wake up. You are dying. I did what I could to buy you more time, but you are gravely injured and a hospital can't help you now. Your only hope is to go through this interdimensional doorway where you will live a whole different life. You will come back stronger and faster but you must have the ability to traverse alternate universes at least once. Most people can't do that. I hope you can." Toru said.



"What? Greatgrandfather. What are you talking about? Interdimensional travel? That's preposterous." Kumo said weakly.



"Preposterous? Someone who is in love with someone that does not exist should not be so unbelieving. This is your only hope. I will help you but you must go through this point."



"I believe you are one of the rare people who can do this but I don't know for certain. If you make it through you'll live a life there. Then when you come back it will be as if you never left. After that I can train you in the full Gobancho kenpo." Toru said.



Kumo nodded his head in compliance. Toru helped him up and walked him to the interdimensional doorway then gently pushed him through. "It worked." Toru said with relief.



As if no time had passed, Kumo returned from where he had just went through. He had changed. He was now six feet tall, weighing 200 pounds. He looked somewhat like Conan the barbarian except he had less bulk and more muscular definition. His hair was a long bluish black. He wouldn't be out of place on the cover of a romance novel.



"This is exactly what I always wanted to look like. This is what I looked like in my dreams when I made love to Ranko." Kumo said as he looked at his reflection in the water. He was still recognizable but he was very different. He felt a lot stronger and more dexterous as well.



"There is no time for you to admire your pretty reflection. Your training begins now!" The old man commanded. "Yes Greatgrandfather." Kumo answered.



During this time Ranko had travelled the dreamscape and entered the dreams of many people. She learned many varied skills not just martial arts and martial arts related skills, but she learned other skills as well.



She had had relationships with some of guys in whose dreams she entered. At one point she was with a young man who could see in the future. He was roundheaded and somewhat handsome. But he was a nice guy from Ranko's point of view. After they had love to each other he told her some things.



"One day you will have a body in the real world." He said. "And your brother will eventually go to a place called Jusenkyo and be cursed to turn into a girl when hit with cold water; hot water will turn him back into a man again. He will search for a cure frantically but won't find one."



"Really, my own body?" Ranko asked."That would be great. But does this have anything to do with Ranma being cursed to turn into a girl when hit with cold water?"



"Yes it does." Charlie said. "A guy you know named Kumo has a greatgrandfather who can help you and your brother. He will teach you something called merge-separate or something like that. He can also help you with your fear of cats. Ranma too."



"C-c-c-cats?" Ranko stammered. "Oh yeah, well that would be nice if we could conquer that problem. But how does Ranma figure into all this."



"Eventually, a year after his curse he will be attacked by samurai with psychic powers. This guy's psychic powers can attack and kill. He will probably kill Ranma and indirectly you too unless I teach you how to build up your mental defenses and heal Ranma's mind after it has been almost decimated. After that point, you will have take over; Ranma will then be in the dreamscape."



"But Ranma tends to dismiss me as a dream. It's impossible for me to tell him anything. The fact that our father teaches him to despise women doesn't help much." Ranko related.



"Once Ranma finds himself in the dreamscape he will have to deal with you. He will probably figure out who you are by then. Inform him of the fact that he can be cured and he will cooperate.You can then direct him to Mr. Gobancho and then he can train Ranma. After that both you and Ranma will have the bodies you want."



"So I will have to learn how to deal with mental attacks and heal Ranma after he has been attacked. But do you want to train me in all this even though I will probably be with Kumo after all this?" Ranko asked.



"I knew that you would be with him eventually. I'm okay with that. Besides, I still would like to get that red headed girl. These dreams are nice but I would like to get the real thing." Charlie said. "Um, no offence Ranko"



Ranko smiled at him. "None taken Charlie. I'll do whatever I can to help you with that red headed girl. I might find some things out about her that will give you an advantage. And you can train me in what I need to know to help Ranma and myself to deal with this psychic samurai. So do we have a deal?" Charlie then nodded happily.



Kumo's training was very brutal. He had endured something similar to Gung fu(an art where someone learns how to take a beating with out getting hurt), Iron body(ability to resist killing attacks), Tai chi and speed hitting(ability to hit someone hundreds of times in a second).



He also trained in intensive acrobatics, breakfall and contortionism(escape artist). The first two were easily mastered.The third was hard to master but he accomplished this as well.



His greatgrandfather also brought in some other trainers to train Kumo in their various styles. The most prominent ones being, American boxing, Thai kickboxing, wrestling, Jui jitsu, Tae kwon do, Wing chun, streetfighting and military commando training. This was in addition to the Kempo Karate and Aikido he had already learned.



He also learned ki and chi energy blasts. But because of who he was in that other universe, his energy blasts were like venom blasts. He also learned how to create something like force manipulation but this always looked like webbing and would dissolve after an hour.



He merged all these fighting styles, techniques and of course Anything Goes into a personal fighting style. He also used the experience and abilites he got from that other universe to a devastating effect.



While he went through the training, Kumo thought "if it wasn't for my heightened strength, endurance and agility this training would have killed me. Ranko's training was also a big help. I never imagined I would ever be this good."



"Kumo, who is this Ranko person? "Toru Gobancho asked. "You have said her name in your sleep. Is she the dreamgirl I have heard so much about?"



"Well Greatgrandfather, she's real enough in my dreams. She has also helped me by training me in Anything Goes. She has also helped me in many other ways as well." Kumo answered.



"I was wondering Kumo. Have you been with any women in the real world?" The elder Gobancho asked.



"Yes. Ranko taught me how to do that as well. She was never mad or jealous. Since she only visited me only every so often she didn't feel she had any right to exclusivity. But those other girls could not compete with Ranko. Maybe because Ranko is a dreamgirl she's an unparalled paragon." Answered Kumo.



"How about the other universe you were in? The elder Gobancho asked. "Did you have any women there?"



"There I was an altogether different person. I was an American superhero. I never even thought of my life here. It never occured to me that I was anyone else. I had a few women there but I eventually got married. I had a lot of emotional problems and problems of conscious. To tell the truth, I was quite self righteous." Kumo answered.



"You must have had a lot of fights while you were there." Toru recognized. "That would explain your obvious experience in hand to hand combat and your unusually high strength and agility. But your martial arts skills still need work. For now more training lets get to work!"



In her astral form Ranko decided to visit Kumo's grandfather, Mutsuju Gobancho. She found he was ill. Because of the other places and people she had seen and met she figured out what he needed to get well. She entered Gobancho's dream and told him what he needed. He used the information to good effect and got better.



Ranko knew Gobancho was a master chef so she talked him into teaching her his cooking skills. Because she was in his dreams he was able to create all sorts of sitiuations, meal combinations and banquets for her to learn and master. She learned more in a dream than most people could learn in real life. But then Ranko always learned things this way.



At the end of his training, Kumo met with his family. He managed to figure out how to water down the full Gobanchokempo a little bit so they could learn it. Kumo's parents, younger sisters and younger brother trained in the style.They had already learned some of it, but not to the extent they learned after Kumo had finished his training under Toru Gobancho.



What they ended up doing was learning a less brutal and dangerous form of the style than Kumo had learned. They also figured out how to water it down further there by making it less brutal and less dangerous so they could teach it to the average martial arts student.



"There's a good way to advertise the Gobancho dojo, Kumo. You can participate in the upcoming Streetfighter tournament. Now hear me out. You don't have to win it. You only have to do well. Just make sure you tell everyone that your style is Gobanchokempo." His father explained.



"I think I can do well in that tournament." Kumo said."But the fighters there are not just skilled but very powerful as well. Some of these fighters can destroy small mountains."



"You are well strong enough to do the same. And from what you've told me you have a great deal of experience in combat with powerful opponents. In fact didn't you tell me you beat a guy named Firelord who was far more powerful than you were when you were in that other universe?" Toru Gobancho asked."And don't forget, with the training I put you through you are even stronger and tougher now."



"Well yeah, but sometimes in that universe I got really lucky; sometimes I got unlucky and got beat up by someone weaker than me. That's not the case here. But as things are I have a good chance of winning that tournament. I want to study all the other fighters and their techniques so I know what they are capable of." Kumo said with determination.



"That's the spirit son!" His father Baki said. "What's this about another universe?" He asked perplexed. "Oh never mind Dad. It was part of the brutal training Greatgrandfather put me through" Kumo said not too truthfully.



"It's good you want to know ahead of time what your opponents are capable of." His mother Nakako said warmly. "Do be careful. Don't take any unnecessary risks."



"No problem Mom. I'll do what I need to do. I'm planning to win this tournament and going all the way." Kumo pronounced.



ONE YEAR AGO: "You did it Son." Baki Gobancho said. "You won the Streetfighter tournament. The other fighters were unusually skilled and powerful. But you managed to become champion. I am very proud of you."



"I am proud of you too Kumo." His mother, Nakako said warmly. "I was concerned when you got hit with those dragon punches from Ken and then from Ryu. But I'm glad you came through without being hurt."



"You have gone beyond my hopes, Kumo." Toru Gobancho said. "I didn't think you would have had this much success. All that training I put you through really paid off. You even managed to figure out how to lessen the brutality of the training so that people less able to en dure what you could, would be able to learn the art."



Kumo was glad to won the championship. He was also glad to have his family proud of him. But he wondered when he would see Ranko again. He had not seen her in a while. The other women who had thrown themselves at him while he was in the tournament could not compete with Ranko.Mostly because he was in love with her.



Ryu Hoshi walked into the room and said, "Congradualations, Kumo Gobancho. I was surprised that you defeated me when you were an unknown fighter that came out of nowhere. I will have to train harder and not underestimate unknown fighters.



But keep this in mind. Now that you are the champion, fighters will challenge you. Some won't announce themselves and will try to surprise attack you. I know this to be true. You have also aroused the wrath of M. Bison. So good luck. I'll beat you at the next Streetfighter tournament." Then he left.



"Wow!" Kumo's younger brother, Ishio said excitedly."That was Ryu Hoshi. He's won the Streetfighter tournament three times in a row. Do you think you'll win that many times Kumo?"

"I don't think I'll be participating in the next tournament." Kumo said. "I proved the worth of Gobanchokempo so I don't really need to do it again."



"Are you still thinking of Ranko, Kumo?" Toru Gobancho asked. "I may be able to help her. I can't promise anything. But if you send her to my dreams I might be able to come up with something."



"You believe this dreamgirl exists?" Nakako asked incredulously. "I thought you would have been over this by now."She looked at Toru. "Why feed into his fantasies?"



"I believe she is real. During the time when I was training Kumo, he spoke her name in his sleep. When this happened I sensed someone else was there. Now did you say she had a fear of cats, Kumo?"



"Yes, Greatgrandfather, her brother who is her link to the real world went through the nekoken training and developed a fear of cats. So Ranko has the same fear." Kumo said.



"Their father should not have put him through that but I know how to train someone to master the nekoken. I'll put Ranko through this training. Eventually I'd like to train her brother as well. The nekoken is very dangerous. It's important that anyone who has been trained in it master it ."



"Will we get to see this Ranko?" Ishio asked with interest. "What does she look like? Is she beautiful, sexy or stacked?"



"Ishio!" His fraternal twin sisters, Kei and Yuri said in unison. "You shouldn't say things like that. That's so perverted."



"Really? The way the two of you dress, especially at any swimming pool or beach, you shouldn't be judging me." Ishio answered back.



"Oh yeah?" "Yeah!" "Okay kids no more arguing that's enough." Their mother said putting an end to the argument.



Later that night in Kumo's dreams he met Ranko there. "I've missed you." Kumo said as he held her in his arms. He then picked her up, took her to a bed and made love to her.



"You won that Streetfighter tournament, Kumo. I saw the last fight with Bison. He was tough but you beat him. I'm so happy for you." She said to him as she lay in his arms.



"It was a great victory but it wasn't as good as being with you." Kumo said. "Even if it's only in my dreams, I don't care anymore. I love you. We'll find some way of getting you in the real world."



Ranko smiled after hearing this. "I feel same way about you. But there's hope." She then told what Charlie had told her about her brother getting cursed and how she would get to live in the real world.



"How do you know this guy was accurate?" Kumo asked hopefully. "He may not have known what he was talking about."



"He was accurate about my brother being cursed. My brother, Ranma did go to jusenkyo and got cursed to turn into a girl who looks a lot like me escept she's a lot shorter. Daddy also got cursed to turn into a panda. They turn back into their normal forms with hot water cold reactivates the curse." Ranko explained.



"Why did they go to Jusenkyo in the first place?" Kumo asked. "And were you able to talk to Ranma to tell him what else was going on?"



"My father took Ranma on a training trip to make him a better martial artist. He trained him in Anything Goes. That's what I trained you in. No, Ranma normally dismisses as a silly dream. Now, since he turns into girl that looks like me, he is really repulsed by me now."



"So what happened after that?" Kumo asked. "Did anything else bad happen to Ranma and his father after they were cursed?"



"Yeah." They entered the land of the amazons. I have been there in astral form; so I know some things about them. I tried again to talk to Ranma to warn him away from the amazons. But Ranma wouldn't hear me. He ended up beating up their champion and got the kiss of death."



"What happened after that?" Kumo asked. "Did this amazon harm Ranma?"



"No, Ranma and Daddy hightailed it out of there. The amazon chased after them and still is trying to hunt them down. They're on their way back to Japan now. Daddy sent a letter to a Soun Tendo. Ranma's supposed to marry one of Soun Tendo's daughters."



"Should I go there, talk to Ranma and tell what's going on?" Kumo asked with concern.



"No. You showing up there would further complicate things. I doubt Ranma would believe you anyhow. Ranma's tough and a survivor. He will be okay until he needs me. I've also been told that about a year from now Ranma will be attacked by a psychic samurai. He will try to kill Ranma and will succeed if not for me being ready for him. I've been taught how to heal Ranma of the damage he'll take and resist this would be assassin's psychic attacks."



"There's one more thing." Kumo said. "My greatgrandfather says he thinks he might be able to help you get a body in the real world. And also help you both with your fear of cats." "C-c-cats?"Ranko said with dread.



"Yes, my Greatgrandfather wants you to visit him in his dreams so he can train you to master the nekoken and help you otherwise." Kumo answered.



"Bingo." Ranko said. "I was also told that your greatgrandfather would be able to help me and Ranma. Things are going to work out just fine."



AUTHOR'S NOTES: If you didn't guess by now, Kumo was Spiderman/Peter Parker in that other universe he was in. This was the original Spiderman not the new Ultimate Spiderman. He maintained all the powers and skills he got as Spiderman plus his own. And the training he went through made him stronger, tougher and more durable than he was before. Also Hayao Toma was a Japanese version of Flash Thompson.



As for the Street fighter tournament and what went on there, I might write a whole new fanfic story for that. Most of the Gobanchos I've made up, but Mutsuju Gobancho who was the master chef is a character from Iron Wok Jan. It's a great manga. The main character is Jan Akiyama who believes cooking is about winning and sees cooking as a fight. You'll be seeing him in this story soon enough.



Charlie is a parody of Charlie Brown. I wanted to see him get some even if it was only in his dreams.



Hoped you liked it. Please send me a review. I've just now set it up so that anyone, not just the membership, can leave a review if they want to.