Suikoden Fan Fiction ❯ Suikoden: Marriage Prospects ❯ Luc ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Luc, Tenkan star.


Aka: bearer of true wind rune, masked bishop, Wind Incarnation, Storm Magician, One who defied Fate.

Looks: Age 32 but looks like 16, face is Exactly like Sasarai, but he has shorter hair and wears a green robe instead. (see Sasarai) He's short - shorter than Sarah in fact, but he doesn't complain about that.

Smarts: Supposedly he's incredibly wise and noble, since he managed to take away 4 true runes from the successors by tactics and only use violence when he really needs to. Leknaat comments him as a complete fool, though.

Personality: Quote from the announcer for the S2's cookoff mini-games, Fu Tan Chen: "He's a powerful sorcerer with a good face, but a bad personality! It's Leknaat's pupil, Luc!!!!" Ah, that damn malicious tongue we love so much. In S1, he playfully summoned a golem to test Mcdohl's strength. He's still 11 back then, and Gremio & Cleo already marked him as 'annoying'. In S2, he still managed to annoy Viktor and Flik, but show rare enthusiasm when fighting Sasarai. In S3, he tried to annihilate the world by destroying the true runes for the purpose of saving humanity. Really, severe identity crisis, bearing the true wind rune & 15 years taking care of Sarah can turn an innocent boy into the world's worst enemy.

Cooking: We've never seen Luc cook, but he's supposed to be adequate. His master, Leknaat is blind and Sarah is still very young when he adopted her, so there's a big chance that Luc do all the cooking in Magician's island. Maybe that's why he's such a harsh critic in Hai Yo's cooking contest. But don't depend on him too much. I have the feeling he isn't the staying type, somehow.

Fighting Skills:Strong and skillful. He's the best magician in S3 and S2, even better than Sarah, Estella and the infamous Mazus, but still weaker than Crowley from S1. Luc is very dependable in long boss fights, but his brute strength is very pitiful. In fact, he's the weakest. The only thing he could kill without his magic is those cute and tiny wabbits.

Special Abilities: Looking adorably cute & annoying at the same time, irritate those older than him, making millions of fan girls completely fall in love with him by being a total badass.

Competition: Sera/Sarah. Luc's relationship with her is actually more like father and child at first, but Sera's love for Luc was more than a love that one would feel for a family member (LOVERS). Luc is depicted as an individual who didn't realize until the last moment of his life that Sera was a big part of his life. Moreover, Luc and Sera are practically fated to be together and she's vowed to give up everything - repeat, EVERYTHING - for him and will do anything to please her Master Luc. Sera protect Luc unconditionally, and devoted her life for him. She would even happy to take on Yuber - if the latter are doing or saying something improper to Luc. Sera is the one who finally made Luc believe that he has a soul on his own, and chose to DIEwith him in Syndar ruins instead of running away. Beat that, you sucker. Well, the only thing you could do is practice magic till you're decent enough or in the same level with Sera, so Luc one day will notice you. Once you're recruited, kill off Sera, agree with his blow-up-the-continent plan, and die along with him when the good guys come to kill him. And maybe, just MAYBE, he'll finally realizes that you're a big part of his life right before death do you apart. Hmm? No?

In-Laws: Hikusaak, Sasarai, Leknaat and Sarah. Hikusaak, High Priest of Harmonia won't be much of a problem, even when he's Luc's 'father', he doesn't know who is or where is he exactly, and the only thing he cares about is the true wind rune. Sasarai won't care a thing about Luc's partner. Luc left Leknaat when he begins his 'destroy the world' scheme, saying "I have hatred towards the entire world, and you are no exception.", so she's off the subject. Sarah is your only major problem, since she's so devoted - and she's your greatest love rival. The only thing you could do is secretly kill her, and admit to Luc it's pure self defense. Just say, "I swear, she's trying to kill me, it's just self defense! If I don't do it, I will end up getting killed instead! Please, you have to believe me!" And don't forget the handkerchief, dear.

Economics: Luc isn't wealthy at the start, but he has great allowances from working begrudgingly on 2 wars and as a bishop at Holy Harmonia. Proof: he managed to own a Guardian Ring, which, according to Kidd is very expensive. He doesn't spend much, so he finally has 100.000 potch at the end, but doesn't live long enough to spend it. Did I said doesn't live long enough to spend it? Ah, forget it. I already told you, ignore those words.

Sex: Well, probably pretty good. I'm pretty sure he has staying power such that it would take several hits and a number of spells before he, er, stops.

Other: Well, I have this sneaking suspicion that HE'S GOING TO DIE, but could be wrong.

Overall: Are you ready to dedicate your life to Luc, give up everything for Luc, and join Luc's insane plot for world annihilation and face only bitter sweet death at the end just for Luc? If not, there're still a lot of mentally stable men out there. Still, a good catch, assuming he stays alive long enough to go on the honeymoon.