Suikoden Fan Fiction ❯ Suikoden: Marriage Prospects ❯ Nash ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Nash Laktje , Tensoku star

Aka: Nash 'Clovis' Latkje, ruffian (from Percival)

Looks: Quite attractive. He's purportedly tall, with blond hair and blue eyes. At one glance, you won't find out that he's actually 37 years old.

Smarts: Devious, crafty, brilliant. Being a spy requires these wits, after all. The only time when he proved his lacking in the field is when he charged Luc in SIII, only to be shamelessly slammed to the wall.

Personality: Even though sometimes he's kinda foul mouthed around women and Koroku, he's actually a very nice guy. We can see it from the way he's taking care of Chris in Suikoden III. In Suikogaiden vol 1, he ended up carrying Sierra's luggage with the owner sitting on top of it when he offered his service to carry only the suitcase…

Cooking: Given his travel around the Suikoden world, and his occupation as a spy, he must know how to cook himself. Especially after tasting one bite of Nanami's cooking that made him bed-ridden for a few days.

Fighting Skills: The Latkje family had a very strict view on education and thus Nash was sent to the Howling Voice Guild for training on combat skills under the tutelage of Master Sauro. After enduring two years of training that at times made him throw up blood, he gained great skill in combat as well as the knowledge of the secret of gunpowder. With these skills, he entered the Temple Guards and mastered the use of his family heirloom--the Double Snake Sword, Grosser Fluss. In Suikogaiden, Nash uses a wide arsenal of weapons. Nash is a psychological fighter who uses many tricks in battle to defeat his opponents. However, he also possesses inhuman fighting skills when wielding Grosser Fluss. He was able to fight with Seed and Culgan, both powerful Highland generals, at the same time using his sword. However, he prefers to use Grosser Fluss only when it is absolutely necessary due to a "curse" of the sword which makes Nash lose distinction between friend and foe. In suikoden III, he gets rid the sword and use some wussy projectile weapons. He came with a water rune and a 'C' affinity to it, which is really a wonder. Great speed and skill. Too bad we can't see him with Grosser Fluss in SIII.

Special Abilities: ...It's actually too much. Nash is quite experienced in many fields, including his vast knowledge on gun powder, his affinity with Grosser Fluss, and his tendency to seduce almost every eligible woman that he sees.

Competition: Putting aside the fact that he flirts with almost every female that he meets during his journey, Nash is married (Sorry ladies, he's off the market) to a woman whose name has never been mentioned or seen in the game. But all of the subtle hints in SIII are pointing to Sierra Mikain, the mistress of the Blue Moon Coven. In Suikoden 3, Arthur's newspaper mentions Nash meeting a young girl with creamy complexion at Budehuc Castle, and Yumi's sleep walking mentioned meeting Nash's wife. The current Main Programmer for the Suikoden Team, Sarugaku, says that, "His last name (Clovis) has nothing to do with his wife... and you may find something interesting in the newspaper." Sierra's personality certainly fits his fear of his own wife, and Nash's reaction towards Sierra's role in the Neclord play seems to confirm this. Sierra's a vampire and the owner of a true rune herself, and the known fact about her is that she's not the nicest person around. Nash calls her 'old hag' all the time, and clearly stated that she gave him chills. But other than that, we've never seen Mrs. Latkje in the game, and you can easily pretend that Sierra and Nash aren't related. Besides, it's not really official - Konami haven't confirmed anything, and Nash could be lying about his marital status. But don't say that I didn't warn you when you find yourself turned into a vampire or dying from blood loss.

In-Laws: His dear departed parents, younger sister Julie Laktje, and his aunt Lena Suphina.

Economics: Nash is the eldest son of the powerful and well-known Latkje family. As a first class citizen of Holy Harmonia, Nash grew up surrounded by everything he needed. But he left his family after he kills Zaj Quilos, his sister's future husband. Their bond is kinda 'severed' after the incident, but Julie and Lena still thinks of Nash from time to time, and his aunt did ask him to stay after he defeated Zaj the second time, so he can go back whenever he want to.

Sex: Ever heard Mrs. Laktje complaining? …Wait, we never seen her in Suikoden III and from Nash's description, she's quite demanding.

Other: His leg is Koroku's favorite marking spot. And Ruby's pretty attached to him as well.

Overall: The only thing that prevents you from having Nash is actually his marital status (read: his scary wife). He can provide a comfortable lifestyle and security, wisdom and nobility. But a spy often get killed or lost in mission, so don't expect from him too much.