Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Titans High School Musical ❯ Garfield's Horrifying Home. ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER NINE
 
Terra couldn't hold it in anymore. Her face was buried in her arms on the table as she sobbed softly, feeling both upset of how Garfield treated her, but more on how she led him.
 
Kori and Dick felt really bad for her. They had enough information to tell them that Terra and Garfield were indeed more than just friends… they were almost even a couple, but it ended in a near tragic, and upsetting heartbreak.
 
Kori almost felt like she was going to cry herself while Dick was angered and confused by the way Garfield had acted in the story, and the way he was acting now. “I can understand why Garfield would act like that over a break up…” he thought, “But what would drive him to carry out such a grudge for two years, as well as take it out on his fellow students?” he wondered aloud.
 
Kori wanted to know the answer to that as well, “Oh… but what can we do about it?” she asked.
 
Not one of them knew the answer to that. Garfield was a pretty slick guy; never let anyone discover where he lived and what he did with his days… but that was soon going to change.
 
Vic had been working secretly to get the dirt on Garfield for a while now. He always dreamed of being a super-technician who designed gadgets and vehicles for agencies and organizations.
 
He was smart like a genius, but not quite up to Garfield's level.
 
He had been busy designing mobile robot-cameras so small that even Garfield would able to miss it. So while no one was watching, he slipped a few of his robots into Garfield's mopad, and waited for him to head home.
 
That night, Vic was at home using his computers to track the robots using radar he had invented. A small flashing dot that showed Garfield's current position showed that he seemed to be moving clear out of town, and officially left the city and headed way out beyond the rocky-valleys.
 
“Where's that kid goin'?” he wondered.
 
Finally, the signal stopped on one place miles away from the city and it didn't move anymore. Vic waited a while and then activated the robot controls. “All right, let's crank up the juice and see what this kid's been keepin' from us.”
 
His robots began to fly all over the place, and take their pictures, roll film, and record back onto Vic's files… but what Vic saw nearly petrified him on the spot all night long. He had never seen anything like what he saw before…
 
“Man… somethin' tells me the others ain't goin' to like this.”
 
 
The next day, Vic rounded up all the others, especially Terra… and he showed them what he had recorded last night, and they too were shocked and horrified to see what was on those images.
 
The first one showed a spooky looking meadow and there was a huge storm cloud in the skies making it darker than night, and it was barely sundown. The skies were shaken with soft lightning and thunder, and eerie winds were howling.
 
There was Garfield, at an old water well, tugging and pulling on a chain, growling like a bear. “It's utterly incredible!” he grunted, “Ugh… Ah! Fourteen years, and nothing has changed at this place!”
 
“No plumbing! No Gas! No Electricity… NO NOTHING!” He reached over as far as he could to get the buck of water when it came to the top, and he fell halfway into the well. “WHOA! GAAAH… I HATE THIS PLACE!” he roared.
 
He managed to pull himself out of the well, but he was soaked from head to waist. He then walked up to what appeared to be a dark, and run down building… near a bog? He set the water down inside the doorway, and then walked of towards a creepy dark forest.
 
The thunder shook the skies, wolves howled, and Garfield growled all the more. “Dude… everything messed up!” he grunted as he entered the forest with an axe. “Everyone gets to enjoy the sweetness of life… and what do I get… indigestion!”
 
 
The next robot showed Garfield in the dark forest chopping away at dead logs and fallen trees. Obviously he was gathering firewood. Then as he brought the wood out of the forest, he could hear a wolf pack nearby him… and those wolves looked awfully hungry.
 
Garfield ran for his life, careful not to drop his wood, and when he made it out the forest, he took his axe in hand and scared the wolves away. “BACK, BACK, BACK! DOWN YOU FANG-TOOTHED CARNIVORES…!”
 
The wolves yipped in panic as they ran back into the woods leaving Garfield to walk angrily up to the building, and disappear in the darkness as the thunder struck again.
 
That's where the signal was lost as there was too much interference from the savage weather, but the last one finally captured what was sure to be the most horrifying images of all.
 
It was very late at night, and the third robot's imaging began outside. An Ominous, frightening, and tense-sounding music was heard followed by other frightening noises, such as a wolf howling, a cat meowing, and a woman screaming!
 
BOOM! Lighting and Thunder shook the skies, which lit up the sign at the gate that lead to the building. “Mysterious Theater!
 
The robot then flew straight towards the building, and managed to make its way inside where it was dark, spooky, and pretty big for just one person to live.
 
Suddenly, the robot found what it was looking for. Garfield was sitting in a big green armchair by a roaring fire, candles lit all around him, a bookshelf behind him, and he was dressed very strangely; He wore and old-style white light shirt with a black bowtie, and a big red bathrobe.
 
The music was coming from an old-fashioned needle-recorder machine, which was practically the only modern piece of technology in the entire place, aside from the mopad.
 
The music was now playing much more somber, and dark like as Garfield turned to look out the large window as more thunder crashed. The eerie winds howled blowing the bushes and tree branches across the window.
 
Then he took a sip of his tea, and turned to the table before him where he was writing up another story, and he actually spoke aloud as he wrote the summary.
 
“I am Garfield Logan, your humble and gracious host. Welcome to Mysterious Theater, the place that brings you misery-stories… with many broken hearts and surprised endings.”
 
“Tonight's story is about young hero who lost the only girl of dreams. As our story begins, the hero sees a young lady who resembles someone he knew from long ago, but she greatly denies it, and while the hero wants things to return to the way they once were he must accept the fact in life that… THINGS CHANGE!”
 
The music stopped playing as the thunder struck again. “Let's join them… now.” Garfield began to jot down his story.
 
Terra was most shocked to hear such a tale of losing someone you loved, especially when that was all you wanted, but worst of all… she knew that Garfield had based that story on their own “Things Change” problem.
 
In the end of the story, it was no good for the hero. The girl wanted nothing to do with him, or the life she once had as his sidekick. “I'm not a hero… I'm not out to save the world. I'm just a girl with a Geometry test next period and I haven't' studied.”
 
The hero continued to eye the girl until she vanished into the crowd. The hero left the school completely crushed, and as he left town and walked into the sunset, bit by bit he threw away his equipment.
 
He was never seen, or heard from again. He didn't have the nerve to fight crime anymore.
 
Garfield began to write his closing statement. “And so ends the sad tale of “Things Change.” The wolf howled, and the spooky music started up again as Garfield lay back in his chair talking to himself…
 
“Tune in next time for more tragic-tales of deep-despair from a world where hearts never heal… and souls are lost forever. Until then-- I'm your host, Garfield Logan. Bidding you “Farewell…” From Mysterious Theater…”
 
The thunder struck again as Garfield turned to look out the window and shook his head sadly, yet he had an angered look on his face.
 
 
“That's it…” Vic said. “I ran out of recording.”
 
“Guys…?”
 
“Yo'…?”
 
But the others just sat there with their jaws hanging wide open, and their eyes bulging wide. “That was his home?” Dick finally asked.
 
Kori couldn't believe it. That was the scariest, savage looking place she had ever seen in her life. “Even the Goths aren't as creepy as that. Uh, no offence guys…”
 
Raven and Kato couldn't blame her, because she was right. They only acted somber, and upset, while what they had just seen on Vic's computer. “Words alone cannot describe the horror that I felt in that abyssal of doom.” Kato said.
 
Easily, Terra was the one who was most disturbed. “That would explain a lot why Garfield's so angry all the time.” she said. “Even I would be if I live in place like that.”
 
“Wait a minute…” Raven said, “We may know where he lives, but do we know why?”
 
There was a brief moment of silence and the others all sighed irritably. “And I thought we had the answer.” said Dick.
 
“Oh, we'll get one all right…” Vic said, and he explained to the others that he still had the coordinates to where Garfield's home was. “If the answer won't come to us… then we'll go and get it.”
 
The others all agreed, and after school, they all rode in Vic's car straight for the edge of town, and the lands beyond. It was time to confront Garfield and squeeze the truth out of him.
 
Some of them still felt a little discouraged about this, but the others knew that this had to be done.
 
(Music cue)
 
(Terra)
 
We're off on a mission
We're tough; in good condition
We may feel short
But standing tall
(ALL)
 
No fear!
(Dick)
 
There's danger around us
And traps that may just bound us
Our backs are to the wall
(ALL)
 
No fear!
(Victor)
 
`Cause we have got the courage we require
We can't let hope expire.
Try your luck Our plan will fly
(ALL)
 
No fear!
 
(Kori)
 
Gar's life if applied will
Be
seen as suicidal
He fights off wolves just like a sitting duck
(ALL)
 
No fear!
(Raven)
 
Suppose that I do this
Who knows if we'll live through this?
Even Goths can have a dreadful run of luck?
(ALL)
 
No fear!
(Kato)

We cannot let poor Garfield live like a snarling sneer.
No way, Jose
No chance!
No choice
(ALL)
 
No fear!
 
 
As they continued to drive, the sky was starting to grow dark with those exact same storm clouds as was seen in Vic's images, and the temperature dropped a little.
 
 
(ALL)

We will take any dare that Garfield will dare to dream up
We'll fight tough; we'll play fair
But we're sure to win because we'll team up.
(Kori)
 
I'm shaking!
I'm
freaking!
And yet while I am speaking
We're riding for a fall
(ALL)
 
No fear!
(Vic)
 
We're gaining!
We're faster!
We're heading for disaster!
Puffin Our hero, warts and all!
(ALL)
 
No fear!
(Raven)
 
I would be fine if one of us knew how to steer!
(Kori)
 
Get a grip!
(Dick)
 
Get set
(Kato)
 
That's our respect!
(Terra)
 
No breaks!
(Victor)
 
No sweat
(ALL)
 
And no regrets!
We're dead!
Not yet
Oh no, not there!
No fear!