Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Titans High School Musical ❯ Something is not right. ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWELVE
 
As more of the robots came off the assembly line, they each passed through a small gate of electrical currents… these currents were actually the essence of Garfield's intelligence to which Slade had copied from his mind, painfully, and brutally.
 
The wires shocked Garfield's head. And the poor boy screamed in pain, but no one could hear him from underneath the school. The copied intelligence were then transferred to the robots to make them think more like Garfield, and be just as tough as he was.
 
“Sorry to leave you… but I have a world to conquer.” Slade said. “But not to worry, we'll be back for you.”
 
Slade marched off with his robot army, leaving Garfield all tied up, and alone. “Dude… I can't let him get away with this!” he said as he struggled to tried and free himself.
 
 
That night after school… Kori and Dick finally decided to try for some alone time at the mall again, and this time they had no interruptions. A small dinner at the food court, a little shopping sprint; Dick even bought Kori a new T-Shirt with small hearts on the front and words that said… “Somebody loves me”
 
Kori looked up while blushing, and Dick winked at her, making Kori feel all squishy inside.
 
Then they hit it off at the amusement park, and would you believe it… their date went almost exactly like how Terra described her date with Garfield went.
 
A few simple rides, a go at the snap-shot booth.... They even played some of the carnival games. Kori wasn't quite so good, but Dick was more than just amazing with his sport-skills. He even won her a huge teddy bear to go with the shirt he had bought her.
 
Kori never thought she would actually meet a person like Dick. A guy who was always there for someone, and who never gave up even if he was at a dead-end… even when it came to Garfield he wouldn't give up.
 
She wasn't sure if what she was feeling was real, but… she was beginning to like Dick more than just a friend; much more.
 
Still, when she and Dick took a ride on the ferries wheel Dick noticed that Kori was staring off into space. “Hey… you feeling alight?” he asked her.
 
Kori turned, “I was just thinking about Terra and Garfield.” she said, “You know… I just hope that things will work out between them.”
 
Dick knew how she felt, he too never felt the same since he saw Garfield's home and heard about the unfair, unbearable lifestyle he had been subjected to. Living all his life in misery and anguish… losing those entire he loved and cared for.
 
Terra also had it bad too, she was wadding in a pool of regret and sadness for hurting the one guy who meant a lot to her. She needed him, as much as he needed her. “Hey… I'm sure things will be alright.” Dick said to Kori.
 
“How can you be so sure…?” Kori asked in deep concern.
 
Once again, she and Dick were staring into each other's eyes, and this time, they didn't look away. “Kori…” Dick said as he held her hand, “I can't be so sure… but I am sure of something else.” he paused for moment, “You're not like other girls I've ever met before, and no matter what happened in my life style, I would never… ever want to do anything to hurt you intentionally.”
 
“And… I wouldn't want to hurt you either.” said Kori. That's when her face and Dick's slowly began to move towards each other's “So let's just do ourselves a favor and forget the whole thing… before… we…”
 
Their lips were less than a centimeter away from making contact, when suddenly the whole ferries wheel gave a huge jolt causing them both to slip and fall. “What happened?” asked Kori.
 
Dick got up and looked down through the cages. “What the--”
 
Down below were several students he recognized from Murakami, grabbing hold of the ferries wheel supports and shaking the whole thing. “Hey, what are they doing?”
 
Kori screamed in fear as Dick held onto her tightly and the ferries wheel began to tip over. “Hang on, Kori!” The whole things tipped over with a loud crash, but luckily, the cage they were in was near the bottom so they didn't get hurt badly… but the ferries wheel began to burst into flames.
 
“Come on, we got to get out of here!” cried Dick as he a Kori climbed out of the wreckage of their cage and began to run for their lives, only to be chased by three more students. “Why are they chasing us?” asked Kori.
 
“I don't know… but I'm not sure I'd like to find out.” Dick answered.
 
As they continued to make their escape, the saw the whole amusement park was filled with teenaged couples panicking, and being threatened by more Murakami students. Dick even caught a glimpse of one of the boy students grabbing a huge metal pole as if it were light as a feather.
 
“What…?” exclaimed Dick.
 
Then he saw a girl-student walk right through tall flames, and she didn't get burned, or ever cry “Ouch!”
 
Something was defiantly weird about these kids, but Dick and Kori had already just barely escaped with their lives just as the police came.
 
The next day
 
A few students at Murakami were reported missing, and some were acting very strangely. Even Jackie and Jillian's boyfriends, Tim and Jim were acting stranger than usual.
 
In Vic and Dick's auto-shop class. They wouldn't speak at all, not ever if they were questioned, and those who dared to try and pull tricks or pranks on them, or even yell at their faces… they got hurt badly as the students assaulted them.
 
The two Goths noticed that all their classmates were acting as if they were all possessed. “Perhaps that incitation we cast in the cemetery last night is responsible?” Kato suggested, but Raven had her doubts.
 
 
Worse than that, Garfield was still missing. Terra couldn't take any more of this. “Something is not right here.” She cried as she dashed down the halls and headed for the main office.
 
(Music cue)
 
(Terra)
 
-Something is not right
Something is quite wrong
Something is not right.
And so… I'll sing this song.
 
As she ran down the halls, not a corner she turned did she see a disturbing scene. Students not talking to one another, some lifting heavy loads they never could lift before, and more students not in class and reported missing.
 
(Terra)
 
At school it should be calm.
Where things are nice and still.
But a thing's begun to stir.
And it's given me a chill.
 
-Something is not right
Something is quite wrong
Something is not right.
And so… I'll sing this song.
 
-The students have gone missing.
And some don't seem to care.
This is no act of nature,
Something strange is going on out there.
 
-Something is not right
Something is quite wrong
Something is not right.
And so… I'll sing this song.
 
-How much can this get?
Look closer and you'll see,
That things are not going…
The way that they should be…!
 
-Something is not right
Something is quite wrong
Something is not right.
And so… I'll sing this song.
 
 
She took her case to Slade, “You've got to close the school down.” she said.
 
“Why ever should I do that my dear?” Slade said. When Terra told him about the missing students, and there being trouble amongst others, “Now, now… I can assure you, these problems shall be dealt with.”
 
Terra noticed that Slade didn't seem to be too concerned with this, and for once Terra stood up. “You're hiding something, aren't you?” she snapped, and that's when she noticed Slade sniggered under his breath, “Heh, heh, heh…”
 
Terra realized that Slade was up to no good and she had to warn the others, but as she turned to leave, she was ambushed by… her own self; or rather Slade's robot clone of her.
 
Robo-Terra held Terra up off her feet, and covered her mouth to silence her screams. Then she was taken to Slade's underground lair as his newest prisoner. Slade then brought up a list on his computer and marked Terra's student picture with an X. “Hmm, mm, mm… and another teenage-twerp bites the dust,”