Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Titans High School Musical ❯ Love led us here. ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
 
Terra found her self tied up at the legs, and she was dangling upside-down in the dark. “What… what's going on?” she called out to the darkness, “Where am I?”
 
Suddenly, the lights flickered on, and there stood Slade in his armored-suit, and there standing beside him was Robo-Terra and, “Garfield…? What are you doing? Get away from him!”
 
Garfield didn't reply to her, but Slade did. “Go ahead… as him whatever you like. He's not programmed to answer you.”
 
“Programmed…?”
 
Slade snapped his fingers and a beam of light shone down right aside from where Terra was hanging, and she could see the real Garfield, tied up exactly as she was, being lowered down to join her in the hanging. It almost looked weird for him hanging there with his cape hanging upside down like that. “Fancy meeting you here...” Garfield said to Terra.
 
Terra smiled, but it quickly faded. “Why, Slade?” she practically sneered at him. “Why, and how could you do such a thing?”
 
Slade sniggered, “You want the truth… you can't handle the truth.” he said. “You rotten Teenagers and your rude ways, and don't try to tell me that you aren't! You're all alike; every last one of you. Well… I say the time has come for you to fall into place.”
 
He continued to explain to Terra how his robots were already threatening the school; hunting down and replacing all the kids, “And very soon… I shall have enough robots to conquer all the teenagers in the world.”
 
Terra began to realize, “You mean… you wanted me getting close to Garfield just so you could program these robots using his intelligence?
 
“Darn you Slade…” growled Garfield, “I swear… when I get out of this, I'll make you sorry you ever became principal!”
 
Slade shook his head as he sniggered humorously. “Escape, you say?” he asked as he clapped his hands. “I wouldn't dream of it…”
 
The whole place began to rumble. “What's happening?” cried Terra.
 
“Look down there…!” said Garfield.
 
The floor many feet below them began to open wide revealing a huge pit filled with powerful toxic-waste; with a destructive force enough to melt an entire mountain to nothing.
 
Garfield's pencils slipped out from his pocket and plunged into the toxic-abyss… and exploded. “Whoa…!” he yelped. “Don't tell me… you're planning to do us in so that no one's left to tell your secret and head the authorities?”
 
“Very good…” said Slade, “You really are smarter than you appear.”
 
Then he motioned overhead to the part of the ceiling where their ropers were chained to a large piece of meal bolted to the ceiling. The bolts were beginning to turn red, and heat up.
 
“Slowly but surely… the metal will melt away, and collapse under your body weights.” Slade explained, “And then… you have a very long time to wave goodbye as you plummet to your doom.”
 
Garfield gasped, “Ah…!”
 
“No!” cried Terra.
 
Slade then turned, and motioned for his robots to follow him out of the factory, leaving Garfield and Terra hanging with no way of calling for help, no way of getting out safely, not much time left.
 
“You know…I'm beginning to see a pattern in the way your life leads you.” Terra said to Garfield.
 
Garfield chuckled nervously, “Yeah… well as you once said, the past is behind us.” he said. “And the future-- below us!”
 
Suddenly, he noticed that Terra looked like she was going to cry. She couldn't believe that this was really the end, and worse… she felt deep in her heart that this was all her fault. Not just for making things harder for Garfield, but allowing Slade to use her for his bidding which lead the toxic-pit below.
 
Garfield couldn't help but feel it was his fault as well. For being so uptight and rude to everyone, which lead to Terra testing Slade, trying to make up everything she had done to him.
 
“Oh, Terra…” he said comfortingly to you, “It's not all your fault.”
 
Terra shook her head, “Yes it is…” she sobbed. “I tried to make up fro all the bad things I did… and… I only made things worse!”
 
Garfield hated to see her upset. Sure he had seen her upset before, but never like this. “Please… don't cry for me, Terra!” he said soothingly to her.
 
Terra looked at him, “What did you say…?” she asked. She gazed at his face and noticed he was smiling at her. That smile she used to see on his face long ago, but thought to have been long forgotten.
 
(Music cue)
 
(Garfield)
 
Was I dumb or was I blind,
or did my heart just lose its mind?
Why'd I go and throw a perfect dream
,
Away?
 
(Terra)

-Looking back, I'll never know,
how I ever let you go.
But destiny,
Could see, we deserved
to have another day...
 
(Both)

Love led us here,
Right back to where we belong.
We followed the star and here we are
now heaven seems so near!
Love led us here.
 
 
As the song continued, the metal-bolts above supporting the lines were starting to cave-in, but Garfield and Terra were too wrapped up in the moment to notice.
 
 
(Garfield)

Now I know that life can take you by surprise,
and sweep you off your feet.
 
(Terra)

Did this happen to us,
(Both)
 
or are we just dreaming?

Love led us here,
Right back to where we belong.
We followed the star and here we are
now heaven seems so near!
Love led us here.
 
 
Any second, Terra's line was going to give-way, but Garfield reached out to her, and she held his hand for the first time in a long time.
 
 
(Garfield)

So take my hand,
 
(Terra)
And have no fear.
(Both)
 
We'll be alright

Love
led us… here…!
 
 
SNAP! Terra's line had had it, and if Garfield hadn't quickly grabbed onto the rope, she would've fallen to her doom. “You… you saved me!”
 
Garfield was twitching and struggling to hold onto her, but managed to answer. “Uh… yeah… yeah I did.”
 
Still, even though Terra was safe, Garfield's line would soon give-way, and then what would happen, other than them falling to their gruesome death?
 
Meanwhile
 
Up in the school, things had gone from bad to worse, by this point there were small fires, broken glass all over the floors, lockers smashed, and more wreckage as some of the students continued to act crazy.
 
Most of the other students had already fled in panic, but some were still left behind, and among them were Dick, Vic, Kori, and the Goths. All five of them were hiding in a classroom, behind the teacher's desk.
 
“I don't know what's got into these guys… but they're all just runnin' around like this is some demolition derby.” said Vic.
 
Kori and Dick recognized some of the students as the same ones that had wrecked their date the other day, and a few of them even had broken handcuffs on their writs. “Event he police couldn't stop them.” cried Kori. “How can they be that strong?”
 
“I don't know…” said Dick. “But I got a feeling that there's more to this than we know.”
 
They all looked towards the door, and saw Jackie and Jillian being dragged by their hairs down the hall by “Garfield… and Terra?” Raven said in confusion. “Them too…?”
 
Jackie and Jillian were screaming and yelping in pain. “Hey let go… that hurts!” cried Jackie.
 
“GAAH… I think my head's going to pop off!” cried Jillian.
 
The five friends covered their ears, as it was like listening to a cat screeching to nails on a chalkboard. As much as the others liked seeing those two suffer for all the horrible things they did to other students, no one deserved to suffer that much.
 
“Dick… come, we must help them!” said Kato.
 
“Right…!”
 
Then the two of them leapt over the desk and outside. “Garfield… Terra!” Dick called.
 
Garfield and Terra turned to look over their shoulders. “Stop this at once!” Kato demanded as he and Dick approached them... but Garfield and Terra, still holding the girls each with one hand, and socked them hard with their other fists causing the boys o skidded across the floor.
 
Raven and Kori winced and held their eyes. “Ooh…” cried Vic. “That had to hurt.”
 
Dick and Kato were alright, but they were shocked. “I knew Garfield was strong… but--” Dick was at loss for words.
 
Terra and Garfield then began to walk away with the girls still in tow, but Dick and Kato lunged for them again, only to be knocked backwards again. “Goodness…” cried Kato. “It's as if they're possessed.”
 
Dick nodded in agreement.
 
This time instead of trying to rush Terra and Garfield, they grabbed onto Jackie and Jillian's legs trying to pull them out of custody. “YEOW…! Watch it!” cried Jackie.
 
“What are you trying to do… pull us apart!” added Jillian.
 
A human tug-o-war had begun, with neither side letting go of the girls. “Pull! Pull harder!” cried Dick.
 
“I call on the dark forces…!” Kato called into the air, “Grant us the power we need… NOW!”
 
Dick almost though Kato was crazy, until… SNAP! Both they and the girls flew back and skidded across the floors. Jackie and Jillian never felt so relieved, but as they rubbed their sore heads, they screamed at the sight of… human hands in their hairs and ran off in panic.
 
Dick and Kato gazed at each other, and then looked back to Terra and Garfield and noticed that they were each missing their left hands, and wires and blinking lights could be seen where their hands should be.
 
Kato and Dick got up and fled back to the classroom where they shut and locked the door. “Robots…!” cried Kato. “They're Robots!”
 
The others gasped in horror. “Get out of here, really?” asked Vic.
 
Dick nodded and explained about Garfield and Terra losing their hands. It all began to make some sense now. “Someone's creating robot clones of us, and attacking Teenagers.” said Kori.
 
“Yeah… but who's doing it, and why are they doing it?” asked Raven.
 
“Totally… and where are the real Garfield and Terra at?” added Vic.
 
Suddenly, more of the robots outside began to bang on the widows, and more kept trying to burst down the door. “We're trapped! There's no way out.” cried Kori.
 
“Yo' not if I got anything' to say about it.” said Vic, and using his huge muscles, he ripped he huge vent-cage off the wall. “everyone in here quick… it's just big enough for all of us.”
 
Wasting no effort, the five friends jumped in just as the robots began to pile into the classroom, but all trying to go through the hole at once, they just couldn't fit allowing the others to narrowly avoid capture.
 
They were safe, but for how long?