Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Titans High School Musical ❯ Here comes Garfield Logan ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
The next day was cold and windy, and the skies were a little grey most of the students wore jacket over their uniforms as they headed to school.
 
Kori wore a sweater that came with her uniform as she walked to school, and she met up with Dick, who also had a sweater on. He looked a little tired though; “We're you up all night…” she couldn't help but ask.
 
Dick yawned, “Most of the night. Doing Kitten's homework as well as my own… Then I had to study for today's test.”
 
Kori was beginning to hate that Kitten girl more and more. She even asked what she meant by calling him her boyfriend. “Oh that…” he said in dismay, and he explained to her that Kitten was a spoiled rotten child of her father, who was blackmailing Dick into dating her, and take her to prom at the end of the year.
 
“But I don't really like her that way.” Dick said, “In fact… I just plain don't like her.” Kori felt worried that if Kitten found out about that, “Oh don't worry…” Dick said. “Her father may be rich, but my friend Bruce Wayne is better than he is. As soon as I find out what her father has planned, it'll be easier to dump her.”
 
Kori agreed to keep that in mind.
 
As they neared the school, they met up with one of Dick's old friends that he hadn't seen for a while. He was a tall and buffed-up dude with no hair, “Yo' Dick… my main-man.” he said he slapped him a high-five.
 
“Kori… this is Victor Stone.” Dick introduced her, “And Vic… this is Kori… she's new here.”
 
Kori felt almost afraid of how huge Vic was, “Come closer sister… let's get a look at ya'…” Vic said as he eyed the girl from head to toe. “Quite the charmer ain't she…” he said, and then winked, “And she's cute too.”
 
Kori smiled and said, “Boy, I like him…”
 
“I knew you would…” Dick smirked.
 
Then suddenly, some of the students began to look frightened. One of them even yelled out, “He's coming! He's coming!”
 
Dick and Vic gazed at each other in concern, but Kori confused. “What's all this about?” she asked. “Who's coming…?”
 
Vic pointed up the street as a mopad-bike rolled into the parking lot, and riding it was another student and he was wearing a long cape, almost as if he had bought it from a costume shop, instead of a jacket on this cold day. When he removed his helmet he looked awfully angry, and had visible bags under his eyes.
 
“Who is that…?” asked Kori.
 
“Shh…” Dick hushed her, “That's Garfield Logan. The smartest kid in the entire school and a kid with a very tough core and attitude…!”
 
Vic nodded in agreement, “That kid's got one hell of a brain. He gets more Straight-A's than any of us here, but he also acts pretty mean at times for reasons no one knows why”
 
(Music cue)
 
Garfield locked his mopad in place and then walked right past the three others with his cape fluttering in the cold breeze. “Whew… did it just get colder?” Kori asked.
 
As Garfield continued to walk along the students began to sing about him…
 
(Kato)
 
When a cold wind blows it chills you
chills you to the bone
(Raven)
 
But there's nothing in nature that freezes your heart
Like years of being alone
(Dick)
 
It paints you with indifference
Like a Knight painting up his shield.
(Vic)
 
And the worst of the worst
The most hated and cursed
Is the one that we call
Garfield
 
(Both)

So strange as any
And the wrath of many
This is
Mr. Garfield Logan.
 
(Students)

Oh, there goes
Mr. Pathetic
There goes Mr. Grim
If they gave a prize for
being strange,
the winner would be him
Oh,
Gar he loves his studies 'cause he thinks it gives him power
If he became a flavor you can bet he would be sour
 
As Garfield pass by the Cafeteria, one of the peppers turned rotten as he passed by. “Wow… even the vegetables don't like him. That's all he mostly eats.”
 
(Students)
 
There goes Mr. Skin flint
There goes
Mr. weird
The undisputed master of
the deed that makes him queer.
He can make things really hard for you; even take the cream from peaches
Us bullies look like children's toys
The lessons that he teaches.
 
Four former bullies had resolved their wicked ways after previous entanglements with Garfield, whoa always kept his eye on them. “Whoa… that kid gives me the creeps.”
 
(Five Cheerleaders)
 
He must be so lonely
He must be so sad
He goes to extremes to convince us he's
mad
He's really a victim of fear and of
pride
Look close and there must be a sweet
guy inside
Naaaah! Uhn-
Uhn…
 
(Students)

There goes Mr. Out
cast
There goes Mr. Sneer
He has no time for friends or fun
His anger makes that clear
Don't
try to push his buttons or his nastiness increases
And as his smarts and strength will grow
our hopes always decreases.
 
If there was one kid at Murakami High you don't want to get on the wrong side of… it was Garfield Logan. He was a kid who liked the cold. He was one of those solitary students who preferred to work on his own, rather than in the company of anyone. He walked down the final hallway to his locker, and began to take off his cape.
 
(Students)
 
There goes Mr. Big-shot
There goes Mr. Cruel
He
works himself so painfully
He lets this hunger rule
If bein'
tough's a way of life
He'll practice and rehearse
And all that work is paying off
'Cause
Garfield's getting worse
Every day, in every way, GARFIELD'S GETTING WORSE…!!
 
The song ended with Garfield whipping around and giving the hallway of students an angry stare, which made everyone quickly look the other way and pretend they didn't seem him for fear of getting on his really angry side.
 
Garfield pursed his lips and hissed softly, “…Pathetic!” Then he slammed the door of his locker and began to walk back up the hallway. Kori shivered once more, “Wow, what an unpleasant guy.” she whispered to her friends.
 
Dick and Vic nodded, and then it began to get worse as Garfield passed three girls in the hallway. One had short red-hair, one girl had dark-skin, and the last girl had long blonde hair.
 
The other two girls were laughing. “Hey Jackie…” said the black girl, “Get a look, it's Mr. biggest loser.”
 
The red-headed girl laughed softly, “Right on Jillian…” she replied, “Who does he think he is wearing that cape to school? Super-Geek…?”
 
Suddenly, Garfield stopped dead in his tracks and turned on his heal and walked back towards the girls. Stopping in front of them and looking them dead in the eyes. “What are you lookin' at?” Jackie sneered at him.
 
Quickly, Garfield grabbed their neckties and pulled them close. Some of the student in the hallway gasped as if they had just seen a ghost. “Do you girls find something funny about the way I dress?” he asked them in the face.
 
The girls didn't answer him, “Well maybe didn't you two stop and think that it's cold outside… and that I need to get warm? That cape I wearing was the warmest shred of fabric I could afford without endangering myself… and you two DARE to laugh at me?!”
 
Then he let them go, “Why am I even talking to you two? You both exhibit the mildest degrees of mental deficiency, permitting adequacy in simple activities. ”
 
“Yo' two things…” Jillian spat. “One… you ever go messin' with us again, we'll get our boyfriends to pounce on your skinny little hind! And two… what the heck did you just say.”
 
The blonde girl tried to quell the fighting, “Guys, guys… chill out.” but Garfield warned her, “You stay out of this Terra! I can't even figure why you of all people would befriend these two.”
 
He wrote on a piece of paper the definition that he had just recited, and handed it to the girls. “You learn something new everyday.” he said as he began to walk away.
 
Jackie and Jillian read the note, and the definition was. “MORONS…?! the girls growled as the ripped up the note. “That's it… he's goin' down!” snapped Jackie.
 
“Right on…” added Jillian.
 
“Oh, guys come on, leave him alone.” Terra said. “It's a just a word after all.”
 
As usual, her two friends who picked their own selfish pride and popularity any day had already gone off to look for their boyfriends.
 
“Man… somethin' tells me this ain't gonna be pretty.” Vic said.
 
Kori however was horrified how Garfield acted, “That's nothing…” Dick said, “I remember when I first went up against him in a one on one first to three point basketball match in gym.”
 
FLASHBACK
 
Dick was one of the best basketball players in school and the girls thought he was cute. “Thanks ladies… with your support I know I'll win.” he said to them.
 
Garfield however simply laughed, “Hmm, mm…”
 
“Hey… what's so funny?” asked Dick.
 
“Just that you talk like such a little kid…” replied the boy-genius. This angered Dick, but he wasn't a guy to let words get to him.
 
The match began and the first to get two out of three points would win. Garfield, being the observant boy that he was simply tested Dick's skills by letting him score an easy basket. The girls were impressed, but Garfield wasn't…
 
“I think I've figured out your gamming signs.” he said to Dick, “You rely on how determined you are, and focus by pushing yourself, and when you combine it with a Lamo strategy like that, I can't help but feel sorry for any basketball team that gets stuck with a lousy player like you!”
 
That's when Garfield began to show off all the skills he had learned from all the sport-books he had read, and all the time he spent training. He clobbered Dick almost at once, much to everyone's shock.
 
END OF FLASHBACK
 
Kori really felt disgusted now, but deep down she felt, “Maybe he acts like that for some reason…”
 
“Yeah… he's a stuck up pip, that's what!” snarled Vic.
 
“No, no… maybe something's bothering him deep down.”
 
Dick knew what she meant, “Many of us have been wondering the same thing since Garfield first came to Murakami, but no one's ever gotten an answer. For now, It's best to stay clear of him.”
 
With nothing much left to do, they all headed off to class.