Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Titans High School Musical ❯ Fights of Ver Friends ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
In math class, Kori was surprised to see Garfield, that girl Terra, and her two friends were also in the same class as she was. The Geometry test went as scheduled and was graded immediately while the students did some problem solving.
 
Kori however saw Garfield close all his books in the first five minutes. He was finished already, and then got out one of his other books to catch up on some reading and studying.
 
She also noticed how much Terra kept starring awkwardly at Garfield from her seat behind him with a strange expression on her face. Almost as if she was trying to read him, and get to the bottom of his tough-guy attitude.
 
Jackie and Jillian however were crumpling up paper-balls ready to throw at him, Kori was about to warn Garfield but she saw that when Jackie threw her ball Garfield raised his hand up quickly and caught it.
 
The two girls were annoyed with this, and then they both the two balls at once, but Garfield was still one step ahead of them and instead of catching them, he causally bent down to the side of his desk to grab another one of his books, letting the balls fly right past him and hit Mr. Curtis.
 
The teacher looked up, and saw the girls trying to hide the rest of the balls they had made. “You got something to tell me girls?” he asked them both. The girls remained silent, “Okay… you don't have talk now. We'll just talk about this… over a little detention after school.”
 
“What…?” snapped Jackie.
 
“That ain't fair…” added Jillian.
 
Mr. Curtis just shook his head in pity “Well… hitting me with paper balls wasn't fair, or nice either. Now either you two get back to work quietly or I'll triple your detention like last time.”
 
The girls got back to those problem solving questions before anything else happened, but they did catch of glimpse of Garfield mocking them with a little scoreboard he kept in his notebook, and he added another point under his picture beside the several times he had triumphed over the girls who hadn't scored a single point.
 
Then he went back to his own work…
 
Kori was impressed by how swiftly he was able to act, Terra however wasn't sure what to think. True Jackie and Jillian were her… close enough to call friends, and she had a little respect for them, but another bit of her didn't like the way they always were acting mean towards Garfield just because he preferred smarts, and studies.
 
Still, she carried on wit her studies, and when the end of class came the students got their tests back. Garfield passed with another perfect score, though he felt rather bored with it. Dick and Kori passed with high scores.
 
“Wow, focusing on our studies really pays off.” Kori said.
 
Jackie and Jillian however flunked, and Terra just barely passed. Geometry was not her
best subject.
 
As the morning continued to go by Jackie and Jillian were humiliated by Garfield once again. It was in art class where today the teacher was going to be going around and grading the students for medieval-castles they had designed. The one who designed the best castle, most accurate castle of the middle ages would get extra credit.
 
Terra, Jackie and Jillian worked in a team, and they made a castle, they called “Ye old and new ages” and made it with “Very creative, and excellent criminations…” in the teacher's words. “I must say girls, this is fine piece of work, and very imaginative, I think a B-Plus is in order.”
 
Terra was thankful, but Jackie and Jillian didn't understand. Finally the teacher announced that, “Extra credit goes to, Garfield Logan!”
 
Most of the other students, even Terra applauded for Garfield's success, but Jackie and Jillian, “Him…?” snapped Jillian. “No way…” added Jackie.
 
Garfield then walked over with a ruler in his and pointed out the faults in their inaccurate castle. “You see… the arrow-hinges on this tower are much too wide. In real life, the west side of a castle this size would collapse the Earth around it, and it would sag into the ground. The moat is not spread off wide enough, which would allow invades to get through with ease… and in old English… the word “Old” is supposed to have an E' on the end.”
 
The girls' heads throbbed in anger, but Terra thought it was amazing that Garfield knew so much about medieval castles, but still… she was very curious about his actions in hall before, and the many times before that.
 
 
Before lunch, Dick and Vic were in the same auto shop class together, that was where Jackie and Jillian arrived to ask their boyfriends a little favor. Dick and Vic knew those two boys as Tim and Jim, whom in their opinions were the biggest losers in school.
 
Bullying people… making fun of others… once they even Sabotaged a car that Vic was working on. They got a month's detention for it, but Vic still wanted revenge one day.
 
Right now, he and Dick could tell that whatever those two were asked to do it couldn't be good, and at lunch their suspicions were justified when the two bullies approached Garfield's table, where he was all by himself with a vegan meal. “What do you two want…?” he asked them with a sneer.
 
“Look bucko…!” snapped Tim “You messed with our girlfriends, now you're going to mess with us.”
 
Jim nodded and said, “We'll see you, at the flag pole and 3 pm!”
 
The lunch room was suddenly filled with the sound of students gasping. The two biggest bullies in school had just challenged a student to fight. Even though fighting on school grounds was against the rules, they didn't care.
 
“Forget it…” Garfield simply said.
 
The bullies began to laugh. “Look Tim… poor baby's a little chicken.”
 
Jim chuckled and began to make clucking sounds, but Garfield replied with, “I didn't mean that. You guys want to fight me? I could entertain myself easier with a game of solitaire.”
 
“WHAT DID YOU SAY…?!” Tim yelled nearly causing an earthquake as he shouted.
 
“You heard me…” replied Garfield, “You guys couldn't beat me if your reputations as the biggest losers in school was riding on it.”
 
The crowd gasped again. Garfield was just asking for trouble, but after a while he accept the challenge. “I'm not going to let a couple of bull-heads boss me around.”
 
Then he left, having had lost his appetite. “Yeah… that's it, runt away you pathetic little runt!” growled Jim. “Takes one to know one!” Garfield called back.
 
The students continued to eat their lunches, while all secretly feeling shaken up about the unpleasantness that was going to be taking place at the end of the day. Jackie and Jillian however we by themselves with joy. “Finally…that kid's going to get what's coming to him.” Jackie said.
 
“Ditto…” added Jillian.
 
Terra couldn't believe her friends, “How can you two get such a big kick out of this? Someone could really get hurt.”
 
“Big deal…” replied Jillian. “That little shrimp ought to learn a few lessons that books can't teach you.”
 
Terra couldn't take much more of this and she ran off to find Garfield. She also met up with Dick, and Kori who were also in the hallways looking for Garfield. They found him in the library, where he spent most of his time off in school, but Dick and Kori decided to let Terra go in first.
 
Dick explained to Kori that he knew Terra for a while as well. In grade nine, she and Garfield looked like they were really hitting it off. They studied together, and they looked out for one another.
 
Almost as if they were more than just friends…
 
But then, Terra met up with Jackie and Jillian, and they began to show Terra a whole new way of a teenager's life. Being popular and bagging boys, and even being carefree. Terra began to change, and her changes affected the way she acted.
 
Jackie and Jillian hated Garfield, just because he was different and preferred to study, and be smart, and pretty soon Terra began to brush Garfield off, as if she was drifting away.
 
“Things change Garfield… The girl you want me to be is just a memory.”
 
Kori felt horrified, she and Garfield were friends for a long time, and she dumped him off just like that? “Is that why he's so… you know, angry?”
 
Dick didn't know, “It could be… but there might be more to it.”
 
 
Terra found Garfield reading a history book, and approached him with caution. “Garfield…” Terra snapped “We need to talk.” Garfield didn't even look up at her. “You can't go through with this fight. You could really get hurt.”
 
Garfield finally looked up, “Why do you care so much?” he sneered at her. “You hurt me before, at a time when I needed you the most… and now you have the nerve to tell me you're worried about me not getting hurt? You're pathetic…!”
 
Terra felt hurt, but she knew she had it coming her way. For the past two school years Garfield had been angry with her, and treating her like a hostile enemy. Terra knew it had to be because of her changes in life.
 
She tried to apologize to Garfield many times before, but he wouldn't accept it. “Garfield…” she cried as she grabbed onto his arm. Garfield stopped for moment and did feel a little guilty for what he was about to do… but he wretched out of Terra's grip. “Things Change Terra, remember?” he told her, “You wanted change in your life… and you got one.”
 
Terra's shoulders shrugged and her head began to hang in shame as Garfield walked off. However he was confronted again by Dick and Kori. “Garfield… how could you be so cruel?” Dick snapped at him, “Terra was once your friend; I think you should try and recapture what you two lost.”
 
Garfield just huffed, “Keep out of this, Grayson!” he growled back at him as he walked down the hallway, “Friends are just stupid!”
 
Dick was starting to lose his patience. “Look… I'm just saying you should have to push yourself so hard like this. Friends can really be there to help you at times.”
 
Garfield spun around and looked Dick dead in the eyes, “I don't need help from anyone! Especially from a weak kid like you…!”
 
“All right… that's enough!” Kori snapped while stepping in between the both of them. “There's already enough fighting going around here already, and I can't stand it anymore.”
 
Dick knew she was right, but Garfield looked confused at the girl standing in front of him. “Huh? What are you staring at?” Kori asked.
 
“What am I staring at?” replied Garfield, “Who are you?”
 
Kori looked like she was ready to explode. “Excuse me your rudeness, but you've heard my name before in class… the name's Kori!”
 
“Don't remember…!”
 
Dick and Terra practically had to hold Kori back from charging at Garfield. “And I thought Dick and Terra were pathetic!” replied Garfield, and he left.
 
Kori never met anyone so rude and nasty in her life. “What is with that guy?” she wondered.