Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Titans High School Musical ❯ What's the big deal? ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
After school all was quiet in the school yard and Kato and Raven were meditating under a tree to help take their minds of the all the “Supposed” sadness from their gothic-lives, Raven even sang one of her songs that she wrote.
 
(Music Cue)
 
(Raven)
 
(Sounds like Emily Hampshire)
 
-What's the big deal, what's all the biz?
Life could be worse and it usual is.
 
Hold your head up high,
So life can look you in the eye.
 
-What's the big deal?
Don't count scars!
Things could be worse and they usually are.
 
If you're feelin' crummy
Like you could use a little sugar or honey.
 
-What's the big deal?
Don't count scars!
Things could be worse and they usually are.
 
When you need a break
No time to think of your only stakes.
 
-What's the big deal?
What's all the biz
Life could be worse and they usually is.
 
Life could be worse… and it usually is.
 
 
The two Goths let out a huge yet soft breath at the end of their meditation. Yet when they opened their eyes they saw a big crowd of students huddled over at the flagpole. “What's going on there?” Raven wondered.
 
“Perhaps we should observe it, so that it will ease our wandering souls.” said Kato.
 
They found Kori and Dick in the crowd, and they were also well acquainted with Vic as well. They asked what was going on. “Garfield was challenged to a fight by Tim and Jim.”
 
“And he's actually going with it?” Kato asked. “Hmm… how very interesting.”
 
His girlfriend nodded in agreement.
 
Jackie and Jillian couldn't stop rooting their boyfriend on, and yet the fight hadn't even started yet. The two bullies were waiting patiently for Garfield to finish whatever it was he was doing.
 
Finally he entered the ring of students with his necktie wrapped over his eyes like a blindfold, and his long, spooky cape was bound round his arms. “Hey, what do you think your doing?” snarled Tim. “We never said you were allowed to use weapons.”
 
Garfield just chuckled, “Dude… I totally don't need weapons. You two goons couldn't beat me even if I were blindfolded and hand cuffed, and I'm going to prove it.”
 
Jim laughed, “Hey, sweet score” he said while punching his hand. “This is going to be one easy deal, and you can't even use your hands.”
 
“I won't need my hands or my feet.” replied Garfield as he flexed his neck “I'll just use my head. Now let's go!”
 
The students began to cheer “Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight…”
 
Jackie and Jillian cheered loudly “Kill him!”
 
“Knock his teeth out!”
 
Poor Terra never felt so scared in her life, and she wasn't the one in the ring. “Garfield… why don't you just ask for help?” she thought to herself.
 
Suddenly the boys began to charge forward straight for where Garfield was standing, and the young boy-genius couldn't see them coming, not with that blindfold on his face, but just as the boys thrusted their fists forward… he ducked down and rolled out of the way causing the punches to miss and hit the hard metal of the flagpole.
 
The boys moaned in pain over their sore hands, but they weren't out yet. “He's mine!” snarled Tim and he began to throw punches all over, but Garfield side-stepped out of the way of them all as if he could see them coming even though he was blindfolded.
 
“How's he doing that?” Dick wondered.
 
“Yo'… that kid's making those goons look like rookies.”
 
Tim and Jim had him cornered in the middle, and they both charged towards him from both ends, but one more Garfield ducked down at the last second and the boys accidentally punch each other's faces instead of Garfield's.
 
“Man…!” cried Tim. “What's with this guy?”
 
“How does he know where we are? He's freaking blindfolded!” added Jim.
 
“You're both so pathetic!” Garfield snorted. “Just because I can't see you doesn't mean I can't hear you. What with those elephant footsteps you make, and those loudmouth voices giving you away.”
 
The crowed awed… in amazement and shock. Jackie and Jillian were beginning to grow impatient. “Look… just finish him off, and do it now!” snapped Jackie.
 
“He still can't beat you with his arms tied up.” added Jillian.
 
Garfield turned towards the direction of the voices. “And you two… will you please Shut up!” he snarled at them. “Or you'll both be next!”
 
The girls gasped hard, and then Garfield went back to the fight, and as he continued to dodge more and more of the boys' worthless punches. “Ah, I see… he is drawing power from the darkness.” said Kato.
 
Dick, Vic, and Kori gazed at him in confusion. “It's simple really…” replied Kato. “He can't see, nor can he move his hands. So Garfield's drawing power from the darkness to help him focus on his other senses.”
 
Raven nodded in agreement, “But I thought only Goths like us could tap into things like that.” she said. All the others were confused again at how Garfield could focus like that.
 
Finally, Garfield saw, or rather sensed his chance had come. “You're going to die kid!” yelled Tim. “Say your prayers!” added Jim.
 
Garfield could tell from the sounds of their voices. Tim was ahead of Jim, and both were running towards him with their fists ready. He quickly ducked down avoiding their punches, and then kicked his foot of the flagpole springing him forward, and he thrusted his head… WHAMM… right into Tim's gut.
 
“OOHH…!” Tim flew backwards crashing right into Jim's gut. “WHOAAAAAA….!” The two goons stood petrified on the spot and then they both collapsed while clutching their stomachs.
 
The crowd went totally silent as Garfield unraveled his cape from his hands, and replaced his tie back on his shirt. “I told you…” he said while he put on his cape. “All I needed to use was my head.”
 
The two bullies just lay there not responding. The crowd then parted aside as Garfield walked over towards his mopad he turned to face the other students with a very serious face. “Let this be a warring to all of you… No one pushes my buttons and gets away with it. You will always pay!”
 
Then he tore down the streets with his cape flying in the breeze, and he was gone. Leaving the students to go about their businesses and took Garfield's word seriously. He was not a student to kick around.
 
In detention, Jackie and Jillian were still horrified and humiliated. “How on Earth could that little shrimp beat our muscle men?” Jackie grumbled.
 
“Girl, I don't know… but that little dude hasn't heard the lasts of us.” added Jillian.
 
“Girls!” snapped Mr. Curtis. “Let's have less word bashing, and more board washing.”
 
The girls scowled as they continued to wash the blackboards.
 
 
All through that week the students couldn't stop talking about how Garfield beat up those bullies. Time and Jim were even starting to be cautious around Garfield knowing they couldn't beat his brain with their brome.
 
Kori and her new friends were now suffering with two cases to deal with. One of course was figuring Garfield out, and getting to the bottom of his rude, and tough attitude.
 
The second of which was Kitten, who had come back from her absence, and already had homework piling up that she practically ordered Dick to finish for her, and she still was giving Kori nasty looks for hanging around Dick.
 
Even though both she and Dick tried to explain many times that they were only just friends. “Let's get something straight…!” Kitten said to Dick. “The only friend you need here is me, your faithful sweet caring girlfriend. So you suck it up, or I'm going to tell Daddy!”
 
Kori's eyes narrowed. “Spoiled brat…!” she muttered.
 
“WHAT WAS THAT…?” Kitten shouted.
 
Kori suddenly changed her features. “Oh, nothing… nothing at all.”
 
Kitten hissed just like a cat, and then walked off with Dick, mush to Kori's dislike. “What kind of a school is this?” she said to the Goths. “People are depressed, angry, and spoiled rotten…”
 
“It's a cold cruel world…” Kato said.
 
Raven sighed heavily, “I'd rather be in a graveyard trying to offer my soul to the dark spirits than try and change the world.”
 
“Good idea. Let's go, perhaps well be luckier this time…” replied Kato as he and his girlfriend headed off.
 
Actually, they merely headed off to the next class which was English and Literature. Kori had with the Goths as well as Garfield and Terra. Today the class was told to read out the short stories they had prepared that week on certain topics they had chosen so they could demonstrate emotion, and proper wordings.
 
As usual, the two Goths wrote depressing poems that the rest of the class event he teacher thought to be a little too creepy.
 
Kori's story was in fact a song about making friends, and she wanted to dedicate it to Dick, Victor, Terra, Kato, and Raven… “For being so kind to me since I first came here”
 
She also secretly wanted to dedicate to the situation involving Terra and Garfield's difficulties. Terra seemed interested, but Garfield wasn't.
 
(Music cue)
 
(Kori)
 
-Sometimes I think,
What is a friend?
And I think,
A friend
is something very special.

-A friend is someone to share your toys,
To stay with and to play with and to make a lot of noise,
To spin around until
you both get dizzy,
And jump up and down until
your stomach gets queasy,
And to sometimes
to tell stories to.
A friend
is somebody like you.
 
 
A lot of the class couldn't help but feel touched by her beautiful words. Even the teacher, who even had a tear run down her cheek.

-Sometimes I think,
What is
a friend?
And I
think,
A Friend is much better than chocolate ice cream!

A friend
is somebody to take to the park,
A buddy to get muddy with 'til it start
s to get dark
To laugh and joke and hippity-hop it,
Or tickle and poke 'til
you yell out “ stop it,
And
I can't think of any more.
Well maybe
… a friend is somebody
You
'd give up your last cookie fo-o-o-o-or.
 
 
The kids began to applaud for Kori, and the Teacher gave her an A for that, “Most beautiful report I ever heard!”
 
Only Garfield seemed to be the only one who didn't take it that seriously. “How Pathetic…!” he thought to himself.
 
When Garfield went up, he told a super-frightening tale of heartbreak, and tragic loses that created scars that never healed and left the victim lost, and forever alone. As usual, the class was starring at him as if he had just told the story of Frankenstein; petrified and at a loss for words.
 
Some of them began to wonder where and how he came up with such a tale, especially Terra. Deep down she felt that Garfield had based that story on their little problems about changes they had two years ago. This only made her more than determined to find out everything she needed to know about him.
 
Meanwhile
 
What Terra didn't realize was she was being observed by a secret hidden camera by Principal Slade in his underground-factory. “Hmm… Terra Markov?” he said to himself. “You seem to be quite the curious one.”
 
He began to think about Garfield Logan as well, and how his intelligence, and logical thinking would be quite useful for him to finish the flaws on his robots. If he could only get close enough to Garfield and collect the information he needed…
 
“Hmm, mm, mm… I think I've found my little spy. Mmm, hmm, mm, mm…!”