Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Titans High School Musical ❯ Disks and Tricks. ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SIX
 
Friday afternoon had come at last, and the last bell rang, Vic invited Kori, Dick and the Goths to head to the mall. They just couldn't say no, Dick also had to work his sift today. He was manager of the CD-shop.
 
He only had time enough for a quick bite to eat with his friends, and so they all decided to grab a huge steak-sandwich at the new “Mega-Meaty-Meat.”
 
“Man there's nothin' I like better than a filly cheese steak.” Vic said as he rubbed his large growling stomach. “Unless… it's a filly cheese steak on a Friday afternoon with no homework for the weekend...”
 
Dick and Kori shared a laugh, however… when they got to the stand. “Am I seeing things…?” Dick asked.
 
Kori shook her head, “No… I see it too.”
 
There, standing behind the counter, it was Garfield. He was the one taking people's orders and giving them their food. “Welcome to Mega-Meaty-Meat.” he said in barley more than a tone, and then he realized, “Oh, it's you guys again!”
 
“Yo' man… what are you doin' here?” Vic couldn't help but ask.
 
Garfield pointed to his nametag, “Dude, what does it look like to you…? I work here!” he growled. “Now… what do you guys want.”
 
The friends ordered their steak-sandwiches, and Garfield actually had to leave the stand so he could bring them their meals. “Okay… I can't eat… Not until that thing stops staring at me.” Raven said as she pointed to the cardboard logo by the meat-stand.
 
“Yeah, well tough luck, Goth-Girl!” Garfield said.
 
Dick was very puzzled. “You're a vegetarian, Garfield. Don't you think this place is a little weird?”
 
“Dude… they got fries here that are made of meat, and they don't serve drinks!” growled Garfield. “Yes this place is weird, and I hate, but it's all I've got… see!” and he went back to his place at the meat-stand.
 
“Well excuse me!” Dick muttered.
 
“Yo' man… chill out.” Vic said with his mouth full, “Just sit back, and let the meat do its thing.”
 
As everyone ate, Kato even made a sad comment about the cow that was his steak.”Poor unfortunate soul.” he said, “Even you weren't missed as much when you passed on…”
 
Raven bowed her head in depression, but Kori, Dick, and Vic sweat-dropped in confusion. They just wouldn't ever understand the Goths.
 
 
After they ate, Dick had to head to work, and he invited Kori to check out his store which he called, “Dick's Dynamic Disks” Wall to wall selves with different CD's. Sound-booths for bands to record their music onto blank disks, even a DJ's stand where one of Dick's employees's was operating and playing music for inside the store…
 
“This place is fabulous.” Kori said. “And you manage all this?”
 
Dick nodded, “If it was for my friend, Bruce Wayne, helping me out, I never would've been here. Now I can learn to take care of myself, and make my own money.” he told her, “Besides… I think I've got one of the most popular stores in the whole mall.”
 
He moved behind the counter and began to help his customers with their purchases, and Kori noted one of the kids ask. “What kind of disks and music do you have here?”
 
(Music Cue)
 
Dick winked at Kori and then played a disk that everyone in the store stopped to listen to. Dick always played this song whenever anyone new asked a question like that, and “What kind of music do I have?” he said, “Kid… I got it all….”
 
(Dick)
 
(Sounds like Neil Patrick Harris)
 
-You say you need a disk that's new.
One that plays a song or two,
A tune will do, perhaps a few,
Have I got Disks for you…
 
Then he began going around the store handing disks out to everyone.
 
-I got songs you play when you stroll.
And I got songs from the Super-Bowl.
To Rock and roll, it's part of the whole.
My disks, they've got real soul.
 
-I got songs that rock and pop.
Country, and folk songs, that make you hop.
Let's not stop, were near the top.
Let's twist, and let's Bip and bop.
 
-My Disks are full of snaps.
I even got songs that are raps.
Songs with claps, or also taps.
Or songs to run your laps.
 
The customers and even Kori was very impressed… so impressed that they all began to march out of the store with Dick at the head, and sinning like a chorus.
 
(Customers)
 
-Disks, disks, disks, disks, disks, disks, disks,
Disks, disks, disks, disks… we love all of Dick's disks.
 
(Dick)
 
-My song is almost through.
The time is nearly due.
So get a clue, this is your cue.
Come on, pick a disk or two,
Cuz I… got… disks… for… Yo-o-o-o-o-o-ou…!
 
(Customers)
 
-Disks, disks, disks, disks, disks, disks, disks,
Disks, disks, disks, disks… we love all of Dick's disks.
 
 
Everyone cheered for joy and soon, Dick's store was bustling with customers. “Sorry Kori… got to go.”
 
“Okay, bye…”
 
Kori started on her way home, and as she walked, she was beginning to think more and more of what an interesting guy Dick was. He never went around picking fights, and he had a high tolerance for people who insulted him. Best of all… he was the first real friend she had ever made when she had come to Murakami.
 
Still, she remembered about Kitten and how there were still a few difficulties to get through first.
 
Meanwhile
 
Garfield was still working, serving his customers more meat-dishes, much to his dismay. He really felt strongly for animals, which was what made him a vegetarian. Yet as he mentioned before… it was the only job he could get.
 
Still, his supervisor, Bob, said he was the best employee he had ever hired. “What would I do without you kid?” he complimented. Garfield showed great respect towards Bob… even though he hated the job, so he carried on with his work, and just his luck… he had to serve Terra and her two crazy friends.
 
“Hey… look at the meat-head!” Jackie mocked.
 
“Oh, and here I thought he was nick-named potato-head.” added Jillian.
 
“Come on guys… leave him alone.” Terra said in concern.
 
Garfield just placed the sandwiches on the tables in front of the girls. “Whatever…!” he snapped and he left, but he secretly sniggered, and waited for it…
 
Terra's sandwich tasted just great, but when Jackie and Jillian took a bit out of their sandwiches. “WHOA…!”
 
“WHAAA…!”
 
They took off running around like scared puppies while fanning their tongues. Terra looked in their sandwiches and smelled something really spicy. Then she looked up at Garfield who snickered as he showed her the bottle of spicy-sauce he was holding.
 
Bob however saw what Garfield did and confronted him at the stand. At first he gave him a straight look, “You've got some nerve for revenge, Logan.” but then he smiled, “I like that. A kid who doesn't let people push him around. Just try not to overdo it.”
 
“Yes sir…” Garfield said.
 
As Bob watched Garfield work, “I like that kid… he reminds me of me; back before my spirit was crushed by the man… and now… I am the man. Heavy!”
 
Terra however was still didn't know what to do about herself and Garfield. She wanted to show him how sorry she was for hurting him years ago, but she didn't know how to show him he was sorry, and also… if he would even accept it.
 
She kept staring off into space she crumpled her napkin into her hand. “If I could just figure out what's bothering him so much.” she said to herself. “Maybe I can try to help him.”
 
“Don't we all…” said a voice from the table beside her. Terra winced in her seat in surprise. “Oh… Principal Slade. I didn't know you were here sir.”
 
Slade let out a small chuckle, “Now, now… my dear. We are no longer in school; you need not be so formal with me.”
 
Terra felt a little embarrassed, and that's when Slade decided to make her an offer. “It seems that my student file computers have a malfunction, and were unable to scan Mr. Logan's full intelligence.”
 
Terra thought that was awful, “But he's the best student at Murakami.” she said.
 
“Indeed he is…” replied Slade. “I can't pass the upcoming school inspection next month without any valuable information from my best student now can I?”
 
“N-n-no… I guess not.” said Terra. “But what does this have to do with me.”
 
Slade told her that he was well aware of the tension going on between her and Garfield, yet she was the only student who seemed to be able to get close enough to him, and there fore, might be able to examine him more closely.
 
“Wait a minute! You want me to spy on Garfield?” Terra asked. “No way… I can't do that to him. He'd hate me for life if he knew.”
 
Slade put up his hand to calm her, “Now, now, child…” he said. “He doesn't have to know, and I don't think he will know.” He pulled out from his pocket a tie-clip. “You where this on your necktie in place of your other one, and it will relay any messages I may need to know when and if you ever confront him. Even he will never tell the difference.”
 
Terra thought it over, and while it would be a good chance to try and learn more about Garfield than what she already knew, she still wasn't sure if spying was a good idea. Until Slade reminded of her, “While you consider it… think about what would happen if you could solve all of the problems Mr. Logan has, and then try to make him happy so that he would like you again they he once did.”
 
Terra decided, “All right… I'll go for it.”
 
Slade patted her head, “Good girl… now remember, it's our little secret.” He said as he passed her the tie-clip.
 
Terra ran off to begin getting read for her upcoming duty to her principal, unaware that she just agreed to do dirty-bidding for the wicked man. “Hmm, mm, mm… yes. Our little secret.” he thought wickedly to himself. “Phase one… is complete.”