Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Titans High School Musical ❯ A Tragic Tale ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TEN
 
It was already as dark as night due to the black storm-clouds blocking out the sun. BOOM! Lighting and thunder shook the skies wickedly. Chills ran down everyone's spines as Vic parked his car and they all filled out.
 
“Man, this place gives me the creeps…” Dick said.
 
“That makes two of us…” added Raven.
 
Everywhere they looked, there were things that were eerie, spooky, and death-threatening. “This is no place for a guy to live.” Kori said. “Where is Garfield anyway?”
 
The thunder struck again, and illuminated the building. “I'll give ya two guesses.” said Vic. Realizing it would be safer in there than outside they all headed through the creaking iron-gates, up the squeaking wooden steps.
 
SQUEAK! “WHOA…!” Terra yelped causing the others to yelp too. “Come on y'all… this here ain't no time to go to pieces.” said Vic.
 
They knocked at the door, and just like in a horror movie, it creaked as it opened by itself. “Goodness gracious...” cried Kato. “Shall we… enter?”
 
They all walked inside the dark house, and seemed surprisingly even bigger than what it appeared to be on Vic's images; almost as if this building was like some sort of home.
 
Still… what else they saw was no different. There was no twenty-first century items anywhere. No plumbing, no gas, no electricity. “What is this? The 17th century?” asked Raven.
 
They continued to explore the house, and found more and more spookiness wherever they went. Paintings of bitter and depressed people… Crumpling bits in the walls and ceiling… and the thunder and howling winds making everything even scarier…
 
(Music cue)
 
Suddenly, the sound of music was heard causing everyone to jump again. “W-W-What's that…?” cried Kori.
 
“It's coming from in the house.” said Dick. They all trekked back through the house, and into the main-living room where the candles were lit, a fire was roaring, and then, the big armchair spun round, and there was Garfield still in his school uniform, without his tie, but with his cape on.
 
The expression on his face told the others he knew they were coming, and he began to sing.
 
(Garfield)
 
(Sounds like Alice Cooper)
 
Welcome to my nightmare
I think you're gonna like it
I think
you're gonna feel... you belong
 
He got up from his chair and began to lead the others back outside into the eeriness.
 
A nocturnal vacation
unnecessary sedation
you want to feel at home 'cause you belong
 
Welcome to my nightmare, whoa-hoa-hoa
Wolves howled, and the thunder struck again. “This is getting really creepy.” cried Vic.
(Garfield)
 
Welcome to my nightmare
Welcome to my breakdown
I hope I didn't scare you
that's just the way we are when we come down… yeah!
We sweat and laugh and scream here
'cuz life is
not a dream here
you know inside you feel right at home here

Welcome to my breakdown
Whoa
-hoa-hoa…
You're welcome to my nightmare
Yeah
-yeah-yeah!
 
 
Garfield then walked all over the mist that surrounded the area fanning it everywhere with his cape, and he even snuck up on the others giving them a fright.

-Welcome to my nightmare
I think you're gonna like it
I think you're gonna feel... you belong
we sweat laugh and scream here
'cuz life is just a dream here
you know inside you feel right at home here
Welcome to my nightmare
Yeah-yeah-yeah!
Welcome to my breakdown
Whoa-hoa-hoa…
 
Welcome to my nightmare…
Ooh-ooh-ooh…
 
 
(Bigbangfinish)
 
The music was gone, and Garfield approached the others and gave Vic back the spy-robots he found. “Dude… so not cool spying on me like that!” he snapped at him.
 
Terra stepped forward with a straight impression on her face. “Garfield… what is this place?” she asked sternly.
 
“Uh… as if I didn't just tell you already… my home.” replied Garfield.
 
Kori shivered as a chill ran down her spine. “Some home this is.” she said in disgust, “How can anyone live in a place that's so dark?”
 
That made Garfield laugh, “Are you kidding? It's still late in the afternoon. Wait until nightfall… when it really gets dark.”
 
“Darker than this…?” Vic exclaimed, “That's impossible!”
 
“Twice as Dark…!” replied Garfield. “It's been this way for years. That storm cloud just hovers over blocking out the sun and moon. Lighting and thunder always crashing, and it hardly rains.”
 
“It makes me feel all the more worse that I was the only kid never to leave the gurney-orphanage.”
 
“Orphanage…!”
 
“Orphanage…!”
 
“ORPHANAGE!”
 
His voice seemed to echo through the empty space around them. “Orphanage…?” asked Raven. “I though this place was called Mysterious Theater?”
 
Garfield showed her that it was, by showing her the wooden sign which he had painted over the original writing. “But won't the owners of the place be mad at you?” asked Kato.
 
Garfield decided, “All right… I suppose I may as well tell you the whole story. Since you obviously don't know how to bug off and mind your own business!”
 
Everyone scowled at him, but decided to let him say his piece.
 
It was all true, Garfield was also an Orphan, but not like Dick, Kori, or Terra… he had it the hardest and more painful way anyone would never dream of having.
 
It all stared when Garfield was only a boy, His parents died in a boating accident, which Garfield believed he could have prevented even though he was very little.
 
He was found by two villainous-kidnappers that tried to make him help in their crimes, but they were captured and arrested. Garifeld was then assinged a legal Gaurdian… a greedy man named Nicholas Galtry who despised the boy and plotted to kill him just to have the inheritence money for himself.
 
He was then passed onto his foster mother, whom he became very close with… but then she died in a police-battle. One by one, Garfield was passed onto many fosters who like all others, died, or left him.
 
It was then that he ended up at the Gureny-Orphanage, with a lot of other orphans who didn't like him, would't let him join in their games, and even picked on him at times.
 
Durring his time at the orphanage with the others was when he started to gain his intelect, and super brain. He would study with all the books they had because there was no TV or things like that… and the other orphans treated him like a misfit.
 
He never got adopted either. Couples came from all over searching for a shicld to adopt, some would take a look at Garfield, but end up choosing someone else. A few couples even dispised Garfield just because he was ever so smart instead of cute, and playful.
 
Years went by and nothing had changed. Garfield was the only orphan left, and the owners of the orphanage deicded to retire early and leave Garfield the deed to the orphanage. “He was a lost cause”
 
Ever since then, Garfield had lived by himself, and worked hard every day to keep himself alive. When one day he packed up what little supplies he had, and began his journey to Jump-City… miles beyond the lands.
 
He was very poor, and had no where else to stay, he needed to find a job and fast, but no one gave him a chance just because he was poor, had no job experience… and didn't care that he was starving and needed help.
 
Finally, he met Bob, and got a job at Mega-Meaty-Meat, and despite how much he hated such a place, being a vegan and all that… he just had to take it, and it was even how he came into possession of his mopad; Being the first and only employee that Bob ever got that year.
 
After a while of trying to perk himself up, Garfield saved up a lot of money from his job, and was able to enroll himself in junior high-school, where he too got the bums rush for being the new kid.
 
Once again, he was upset, lonely… and felt so unimportant. Then he met Terra, and things finally started to turn around for him… until they got to High-School and she gave it to him.
 
“Things Change, Garfield. The girl you want me to be is just a memory.”
 
Change, change, change! Garfield's entire life of tragedy and pain was all based on Changes. All his loved ones died, he was threatened by villains, people didn't give him a chance… and finally his problem with Terra put the cherry on the cake.
 
He just quit caring!
 
 
The others now had the whole truth. “That's why you, don't like changes.” Dick said.
 
Garfield nodded, “You had the never to ask me what my problem was? Well look at us. You were lucky enough to gain a rich foster daddy, and the rest of you still had loved ones who could take care of you… but not me. No! It was just one tragedy after another… with no light at the end of a tunnel.”
 
The others were pretty much speechless, until Vic broke the silence, “Yo' man… chill out with all this emo stuff.” he said, “Look, maybe you did have a bad past, but you can still have a sweet future.”
 
“Pathetic…!” Garfield said. “What kind of future did you have in mind? One where people will love me, befriend me, and things will get better soon? I tried that before, several times over, and look what it got me!”
 
“I lost all my loved ones… I lost things that I already had too.” He paused for a moment as he rubbed the bags under his eyes. “I haven't gotten a good nights rest in months. Who could sleep with all this thunder and wind anyway.”
 
The others had no idea of what to tell Garfield, as they never expected anyone to have such a horrid life-style. Always being miserable, and working hard day, and night to earn no reward.
 
“Look Garfield, you have to get out of this place.” Terra said. “You can't live like this all your life.”
 
Garfield just huffed again indicating he didn't care much for that idea. “Besides… even if I wanted to, where should I go? The location we are in is a desolated, virtual inhabitable environment with surroundings of high casualties and death-threatening hardships.”
 
The other were confused, “Uh-huh… one more time… in English please?” said Raven.
 
Garfield sighed, “All right… I'll rephrase.” he said. “Even if I wanted to come with you guys… which I so don't! As you can all see, we are geographically and metaphysically in the middle of nowhere… surrounded by hostile environments.”
 
The others looked around, and discovered he was right; Aside from the black storm clouds-- there was an abandoned tower… a graveyard… murky lake… the hapless forest, home to many man-eating wolf packs and miles of vast and empty fields.
 
It was even determined that without strong, and fast transportation… it would take at least a week to reach Jump-City miles away.
 
“So you see…” Garfield said. “Unless I have to attend school, work… or other appointments and engagements… here I am, and here I'll stay! I've tried to leave, but it's virtually impossible.”
 
“Now I'll thank all of you kindly to get off my property, and not disturb me again!” With a flick of his cape he began to walk back towards the house, but he was suddenly stopped by Terra grabbing onto the end of his cape, trying to make a final effort to convince him to come back to town.
 
“Let me go!” he demanded as he wretched his cape out of her grip.
 
“Garfield…” she cried softly.
 
“Save it Terra…” he snapped at her. “I've been through enough, and I don't need you guys to convince me to go through all that again.”
 
“Look we're just trying to help you.” snapped Raven.
 
(Music cue)
 
Garfield shook his head, “You just don't get it do you?”
 
(Garfield)
 
(Sounds like Bryan White)

I know the sound of each rock and stone
and
I've been through what others fear.
You
all are not to roam in this forgotten place,
only the likes of me are welcome here.
Everything breathes and I know each breath
you ideas may mean life, but to me it brings death.
It's perfectly balanced, perfectly planned
,
more than enough for this man.

-Like every tree stands on its own
Reaching for the sky I stand alone.
I share my world with no one else.
All by myself I stand alone.
 
The others couldn't believe how stubborn Garfield was acting. He needed help, and deep down they knew that he felt the same, but either he just didn't want to admit it… or he was too stuck up to want to try
 
-I've seen your world with these very eyes
Don't come any closer, don't even try
I've felt all the pain and heard
enough lies
So in my world there's no compromise

Like every tree stands on its own
Reaching for the sky I stand alone.
I share my world with no one else.
All by myself I stand alone.
All by myself I stand alone.
 
All by myself I stand aloooooone…!
 
 
The song ended as Garfield slammed, and locked the doors, and the thunder struck again. Feeling defeated, “Well… let's head on home gang.” said Vic “No point in hangin' around when we're not wanted.”
 
Everyone climbed into Vic's car, and they all drove away back toward the direction of Jump-City. Garfield kept watching them from his window until they were out of sight, and he began to talk to himself again…
 
“And thus ends another tragic tale from a world where hearts never heal, and souls are never found. Join us next time for Mysterious Theater! Until then, this is your host Garfield Logan saying… Good night.”
 
The Thunder Struck again a she pulled the curtains closed.