Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Titans High School Musical ❯ Desire and danger ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ELEVEN
 
All the rest of that week, the others didn't know what to do about Garfield. Too stubborn and too angry to trust, or even listen to anyone… but they had to admit… for living all alone most of his life he sure had come a long way with his tough exterior.
 
But still, it was no excuse for the way he was acting. “He is a troubled and aggravated soul. That is a very sorrowful shame.” said Kato. Raven agreed with her boyfriend, but once again the others didn't understand. “You see my friends… too many painful losses can drive a person mad… and Garfield has suffered through one too many hardships. Any lesser of a man would have died from several stimulations heartbreaks long ago, and yet he still manages to survive despite all the hardships that continue to oppose him.”
 
The others thought that those were some pretty deep words to describe Garfield. “I just wish there was something we could do for him.” said Terra.
 
The others could tell that by her deep concern for Garfield's welfare, she still had feelings for him, sadly they didn't have time to talk about it because classes were about to begin.
 
Vic and the Goths walked off to their own respective classes, while Dick, Kori and Terra made their way to math-class. Along the way, they had to pass by Garfield's locker, and Terra caught a glimpse of Jackie and Jillian peeking around the corner, and giggling cheekily.
 
Garfield opened his locker, and immediately saw a bucket of water ready falling out and ready to soak him, but Garfield successfully caught it before it topped over completely and could spill any water at all.
 
The others were amazed, and Jackie and Jillian were outraged. “Tut, tut, tut… very amateurish on my person...” Garfield said as he took the bucket and dumped the water in the nearest drinking fountain. “Being a Genius certainly has its advantages.”
 
What he didn't notice was, as he was dumping the water from the bucket, he had left his locker open, and something small slipped off the shelf inside, tumbled out of the locker, and skidded along the floor until it hit Terra's shoe. “Huh…?” She bent over to pick it up, and when she looked up, Garfield was already gone, and his locker was shut-tight.
 
Not that it mattered anyway. The bell already rang and it was time for class.
 
Meanwhile
 
All those past few weeks, someone else had been quite busy too. Principal Slade had gotten all the information from Terra that he needed about Garfield, including where he lived. “The time has come.” he hissed to himself. “Finally I'll be able to get all that I require to finish my robot-army, and finally make those crazy teenagers fall like the misfits they are.”
 
He flicked on the security cameras and viewed Terra's class where he got a good view of the young girl. “Thank you my dear. You've been most helpful.”
 
 
It wasn't until lunchtime that the six friends met in the cafeteria. “Did you give that thing back to Garfield yet?” asked Dick.
 
Terra smacked her head feeling stupid, “I totally forgot I still had this thing, whatever it is.” she said as pulled it out from her pocket.
 
“It looks like some sort of wallet.” said Kori, but obviously it couldn't have been a wallet because it was much too thin. Then suddenly, it fell open revealing several snapshot pictures that made Terra gasp. “Oh, my…!” she cried.
 
The others got a good look at the photos, which were of her and Garfield. “These were taken on our first date, at the photo-booth at the amusement-park.”
 
Garfield had kept those photos all this time? This began to strike the others as odd, but then they realized there was only one explanation. “Garfield obviously must still have secret feelings for you.” said Vic. “Why else would he keep these?”
 
No one could think of any other way to argue with that, but now Terra was more confused than ever. What could she do? Even if Garfield really did still have feelings for her… he was doing his best not to show them on the surface, and brush her away like a pesky fly.
 
Somehow, there had to be a way for her to prove to Garfield that she still cared for him… and she wanted to do all she could make it up to him. The others offered to help her in anyway way that they could. “Thanks… but… I know this is something I have to do by myself.” she said. “It's between me and Garfield.”
 
(Music cue)
 
Terra gazed across the room, and starred almost heavenly at Garfield. She remembered all the fun times she had, and sadly all the mishaps… but most of all, how much she wanted him back.
 
(Terra's thoughts)
 
(Sounds like Madonna)
 
-Where do we go from here?
This isn't where we intended to be
we had it all, you believed in me
I believed in you

Certainties disappear
what do we do for our dream to survive?
How do we keep all our pas
sions alive,
as we used to do?
Deep in my heart I'm concealing
Things that I'm longing to say
Scared to confess what I'm feeli
ng
Frightened you'll slip away


You must love me
You must love me

Why are you at my side?
How can I be any use to you now?
Give me a chance and I'll let y
ou see how
nothing has changed
Deep in my heart I'm concealing
Things that I'm longing to say
Scared to confess what I'm feeli
ng
Frightened you'll slip away


You must love me
You must love me

You must love me
 
 
Terra didn't feel like eating anymore. She just wanted to be alone right now and have some time to think. So she got up and left the table, leaving the others feeling pity for her.
 
 
That night, after school, as Garfield returned home to his haunted lands he noticed something that wasn't there before; Tire tracks! Not like the ones Vic had made when the others had visited him the other day.
 
He followed the tracks, but he could see a car anywhere, but when he walked up tot the door of the building, the stello-tape he had placed on the door was ripped. “Somebody's inside.” he immediately assumed.
 
Grabbing the axe that was just beside the door, he slowly crept inside, and then, the door snapped shut on him leaving him in the dark and at once a fight began between several thugs.
 
Even though it was dark, Garfield was still able to use his other senses to struggle for a while, but in the end, he was caught, drugged, and kidnapped from his home. “All right men… take him away.” hissed a familiar voice in the darkness.
 
The thugs carried Garfield outside and to the car which was hidden in the darkest corners, cataloguing it entirely. On the sides of the car was a big red S' for “Slade!”
 
He had personally escorted one of his posses to Mysterious Theater earlier that day, and they had been waiting for Garfield ever since. “Now that I have the smartest boy in the school… I can finally move onto the final phase of my glorious plan.” he thought wickedly.
 
 
The next day, Garfield was not present for class, and no one had seen him at school all morning. The teachers and the students thought this to be very odd. Garfield Logan would never skip class, nor dare to even not come to school all together.
 
Once he ever attempted to come to school and take a test, even though he had bad cold. He didn't care…
 
“Heh, what do ya' know. The shrimp ran away.” Jackie mocked.
 
“See… I told you that kid was a geek.” added Jillian.
 
“Hey you two knock it off…!” Terra growled.
 
The girls were nearly stuck by her snapping at them like that. “What's her problem?”
 
“Yeah… you'd think she was in love with that nerd.”
 
Terra kept her scowling face turned away as it quickly changed to a worried expression. Her worrying grew as the day continued and Garfield was still no where to be found or heard from. “Where is he?” she wondered.
 
Meanwhile
 
Garfield was being held a prison in Slade's lair under the school, bound and wired to a computer-machine, and he had already been told of Slade's evil plot. The evil man approached Garfield and smirked wickedly. “Poor, Garfield Logan.” he hissed. “The smartest student in school, a prisoner, and preferring pain and torture… to a little cooperation…”
 
Garfield looked up into that evil mask. “Yeah, well I don't know who you are Slade, or for that matter what you are.” he spat at him, “But you got to be crazy if you think I'm going to help a sadist like you unleash a whole bunch of robots all over to wipe out teenagers!”
 
Slade snickered wickedly. “Then it's unfortunate for me that I can make you help me weather you like it or not.” he said as he moved over to the computer controls and showed him images of… “Terra…?”
 
“Hmm, mm, mm… yes, your so-called, almost sweetheart.” replied Slade. “She has done me quite well in your capture.”
 
Garfield's eyes widened, “What are you saying?”
 
Slade turned on the X-ray cameras, and zoomed into the clip on Terra's tie. “You… you used her!” Garfield growled. “You used her just to get to me!”