Tekkaman Blade II Fan Fiction ❯ Dagger Unsheated ❯ Unsheathed ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Standard disclaimers apply. I didn't create the Tekkaman characters, Sotsu-Tatsunoko Productions did, therfore, I don't own them. The only character that's mine is Ryo. I thought the series needed another character with a messed up past (like it doesn't have enough of them already).
************************************************************* *********************

CHARACTERS

TAKAYA AIBA - Also known as Tekkaman Blade, Takaya was the first of the human Tekkamen who was not loyal to Radam. Having the same abilities as the enemy, yet fighting for humanity's survival made him a vital part to Earth's battle against Radam. His lonely fight against Radam went on for 10 years, through which Takaya experienced much emotional pain since all the human Tekkamen that Radam controlled were his family and friends. After ten long years, Takaya is now the head of the Space Knights. Now known as D-boy, he keeps a low profile and runs the Space Knights from behind the scenes.

AKI KISARAGI - One of the original space knights, Aki helped Blade through some of his most difficult moments of his life after his transformation to Tekkaman Blade. Throughout all of Blade's battles, Aki has given him support time after time. Throughout all this, the two ended up falling in love. After ten years of being a member of the previous team of Space Knights, Aki now acts as the Chief of the organization. After watching Blade fight alone for ten long years, it was Aki's love for him and determination to help him that she chose to be transformed into a Tekkaman, although her transformation was voluntary and done by Earth's technology. Because of this, her powers are considerably weak when compared with Blade's.

DAVID - Blonde-haired, tall, muscular, and carefree describe David's appearance and personality perfectly. Because of this, he is considered the "stud" of the Space Knights, as he is mostly seen with a young girl clinging to his arm. His carefree demeanor hides a tragic past, though. He was present during the incident known as Black September. The events of that day and his mixed feelings for Aki show that he was emotionally scarred by his past. Even so, David, or Tekkaman Summer, is one of the six Tekkamen of the Space Knights.

NATASHA - Know also as Tekkaman Vesta, Natasha is also one of the members of the Space Knights' Tekkaman team. She is a competitive person most of the time, but ever since the second Tekkaman uprising, she has become reticent. She also harbors a deep dislike of her father, General Hablochaba, since he was the one who gave the command to annihilate Prague on Black September.

YUMI FRANCIOS - Yumi, a.k.a. Tekkaman Hyver, is the youngest member of the Space Knights' Tekkaman team. Although she is still learning to hone her skills in battle, she is one of the strongest of the Earth Tekkamen. This is due to the Reactor Voltekker weapon that she wields. She also has a childish crush on Blade.

DEAD END - Dead End, or Tekkaman Dead, is the last survivor of Black September. Ever since his hometown of Prague was decimated, he has harbored an extreme hatred towards Space Knights, especially Aki, the Red Tekkaman. His hatred almost led him to come close to killing Blade twice. Since he is a pure bred, highly trained, combat Tekkaman like Blade, his strength and powers are staggering. After his final battle with Blade, he joined up with the Space Knights and started living in the present.

RYO - Ryo is the newest member of the Space Knights. A very reticent young man, he mostly doesn't speak unless absolutely necessary. An expert with machines and computers, his talents have given the Space Knights an edge in the ongoing battle with Radam. Like most of the other Knights, he has a troubled past which has a lot in common with Blade and Dead End. His abilities also go way beyond just technology though.

********************************************************** ************************

Earth in the early 22nd century. Previously a peaceful planet, full of green land and blue water. Now it is just a war zone. Ever since the Radam invaded the living sphere, humans have added survival of species to their list of daily chores. Even through this darkness, Earth has a sliver of hope. At first it was just one, solitary human who was metamorphosed against his will: Takaya Aiba, know as Tekkaman Blade. After 10 years of Blade's lonely battle against the Radam, Earth's saviors have multiplied. Thanks to captured Tekkaman technology from Radam, Earth's sole defense force, the Space Knights, gave birth to four new Tekkamen. Later, after a difficult battle of strength, emotions, and vengeance, a new player was added into the ongoing game of Earth versus Radam. With the added strength of one of the most powerful Tekkamen fighting for the liberation of Earth, humans had gained a much-needed advantage. But, deep in the recesses of the solar system and space, a long-forgotten life is making plans for its return into the living...

******************************************************** **************************

DAGGER UNSHEATHED
PART 1


As the setting sun sank deeper into the horizon, its glowing rays illuminated the western side of the Space Knights' headquarters. The falling orb's light also bathed a lonely figure leaning on the railing of an outside platform. The evening light spilled itself around the slender form of the figure, playing with the slightly unusual colors presiding on the character. It blends with the colors, turning them into a strange mixture. The figure takes no notice of this. The way the light sweeps over the slightly feminine form, the way it illuminates the white shirt, the dark, blood red, yet slightly tight pants, the light green hair, and the rose-red lips.

From a distance, the figure seems to be a young girl, lost deep in thought. On closer inspection, it becomes clear, although with some difficulty, that this person is not female, but is of the opposite gender. In truth, it is the young man called Dead End, the newest member of the Space Knights' Tekkaman team. From the way he is hunched over the rail on the edge of the platform, it is clear that he is in an altogether different place psychologically.

It is clear from the look on Dead End's face that he is not outside to take in the beauty of the sunset. Indeed, his thoughts are elsewhere, away from the world around him.

Dead End: (thinking) I can never forget. . .

A cool breeze begins to blow, ruffling up any loose edges of the young man's clothing.

Dead End: . . . that cold. . . dark day of death. . .

Dead End: . . . Black September. . .

-flashback-

A young boy gazes at the once peaceful German city of Prague that has now
been transformed into a war zone.

A battle rages on in the city streets between the rebellious Primary Body
Tekkamen and the army. It is relevant that although the Primary Bodies are
putting up a sufficient resistance, they are losing.

The young boy watches as his home is torn apart by flames and death.

He then sees a small, twinkling object falling in a trajectory towards the city.

Then. . . a bright flash which causes the boy to shield his eyes in reflex.

A force of hot wind carries the child off his feet and throws him to the ground.

As he lifts his sore body and turns his eyes into the direction of the city. . . he is
greeted with a horrible site.

All that is left is a gigantic cloud of smoke roiling upwards. . .

-end flashback-

Back on the platform, Dead End is still lost in thought and the sun has sunk deeper into the horizon, deepening the colors that is has painted across the sky.

As Dead End's mind lingers on the past, a blonde-haired, young man appears in the doorway leading to the outside platform where the green-haired youth currently is.

David: (thinking) So there he is!

David slowly walks up to Dead End and speaks his friend's name.

David: Hey Dead. . .

Slowly, Dead End looks up at David, finally departing from the past and leaving his thoughts for the moment.

David: Care to tell me what you're thinking about?

Dead End: . . . Not re- . . . !

Dead End stops abruptly, realizing that David also went through that fateful day five years ago.

Dead End: . . . Prague. . .

David: Still. . . can't forget completely. . . can you?

Dead End: What do you think? . . . Besides

Dead End: (whispering) . . . you can't feel my pain. . . even if you do understand it.

David: (hesitantly) No. . . no, I can't. . . but I can give you my support, if nothing else...

Dead End looks into his friend's eyes, as is searching for something, before answering slowly.

Dead End: Th. . . thanks, David, for everything.

This response puts David back into his carefree mood and lightens the dark, heavy atmosphere that had previously resided in the air around the two men.

David: Don't mention it! Anyways, the Chief's called a meeting in the command room. We'd better get going.

Dead End: . . . Ja . . .

With this, David and the verdant-haired German leave the platform and enter the headquarters. Behind them, the sun finally falls beneath the horizon, relinquishing its reign of the sky over to the moon and stars.

----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------
The control room, the center of all tactical briefings for the Space Knights. The room is illuminated by unnatural fluorescent lights and tinted with the colors of the numerous screens displaying data. In the center of the room is a raised platform, the place of authority for the Chief of the Space Knights, Aki Kisaragi.

Aki stands on the platform, hands clasped behind her back, watching the Tekkamen enter the room, and waiting for the arrival of the remaining ones and their support pilots. She notices how the members of the Space Knights' Tekkaman team arrive, chatting to each other as if this was just another day at school.

Aki: (thinking) So much like children . . .
I hope we're not leading them to the slaughter. . .

The last of the Tekkamen enter the room and end their conversation as they notice their Chief commander standing patiently. Growing silent, they stand ready for Aki's speech.

Aki: Finally, you're all here. Now I'll get right to the point. I've called you here to inform
you of our next mission. . .

Yumi: What is it, Chief?
Aki: First, take a look at this data that we've collected.

She points to a large computer screen displaying the planet Jupiter and all of its surrounding space. Also present are numerous blips near Io, one of the planet's orbiting moons, showing how extensive Radam's forces are in the area.

Aki turns to the young Tekkamen, and speaks her decision:

Aki: We are going to launch an offensive strike on the Radam forces situated in this
area.

As the final words leave her mouth, they raise some very confused and questioning looks from the youths standing on the lower level of the command room.

Yumi: Chief, why are we suddenly taking an offensive strike on Radam?

Natasha: Yeah, Chief, shouldn't we try to strengthen our defenses here?

David: Chief, you do know that us leaving would leave Earth open to atta-

The young blonde is cut off in mid sentence by the sound of a door sliding open, and soft footsteps click-clacking along the floor, bouncing the sound off the cold steel walls.

In walks a young man with slightly tanned skin, dark brown hair, and fiery alizarin eyes. He is clothed in dark gray pants, a light-blue shirt, and a black, leather jacket.

All of the Tekkamen's eyes fall upon this newcomer, for none expected him to arrive in the command room during one of their tactical briefings, if at all.

Dead End: Ryo? . . .

Yumi: What are you doing here?

Natasha: (sarcastically) I didn't expect you to even be present for one of our briefings.

Hayato: Yeah, what gives? I mean, you're mostly just off by yourself all the time. . .

Aki: Alright, calm down everyone. He's here because I asked him to attend.

Ryo: Is there a reason for me to be here?

Aki: Well, since you are the one who improved the Blue Earth to travel quickly through
deep space, I thought it would only be right to include you in the briefing of our
next mission where we'll use your enhancements for the first time.

Ryo: Hmmm. . .

The others are not impacted by Ryo's actions, for they have come to expect this very type of reaction from him. The subject is very quickly reverted back to the Knights' next mission.

Goliate: Anyways, Chief, you can't be serious about leaving Earth without any
Tekkamen for defense!

Anita: It'll be suicide!

Hayato: It is kinda. . . dangerous.

With this, the command room becomes full with the many protests coming from the Tekkaman team. Only Dead End and Ryo remain silent and take no part. Both have their eyes cast to the floor, as if they were contemplating something of grave importance.

In the commotion, no one notices the silent hiss of a door sliding open or the figure of a dark-haired man in an equally dark suit stepping into the room. He is wearing a dark pair of sunglasses as if trying to hide his eyes from the world. The spectacles in no way hide the long scar on the outside edge of his right eye.

Even though he is unnoticed, he silences the young warriors with his voice.

???: That's enough everyone.

All eyes snap in the direction of his voice and are surprised to see the very symbol of the Space Knights make a rare appearance into the command room.

Aki: D-Boy. . .

Dead End: (thinking) Blade. . .

D-Boy walks up to the raised platform. Standing beside Aki, he addresses the eight individuals standing before him.

D: There's no need for all of this bickering. I want all of you to know that I'm the one
who decided on an offensive strike against Radam.

If the Tekkamen were surprised to hear this decision from their Chief, they are dumbfounded to discover that the creator of the new breed of Space Knights was the one who made the decision.

Yumi: But. . . why?

David: D-Boy, you do realize what dire situation you're placing this planet in?

D: I'm well aware of the situation David, but as you saw from Chief Kisaragi, it seems as
if all of Radam's forces are moving into that area. Chances are that there is
something of great importance there. Maybe it has something to do with Radam
itself. This might give us a distinct advantage in this war against Radam. That is why
Chief Kisaragi and I will accompany you on this mission. You have one day to
prepare. Know that I have the utmost confidence in all of you abilities. Dismissed.

With this final word, the young Tekkamen disperse and go on to prepare for their next engagement with Radam. None wish to question their leader's decision. All of them are confused as to the importance of this mission which required the attendance of the White Tekkaman himself.

In a short while, all have left the command room.
Except for two young men: the verdant-haired Dead End and the blood-eyed Ryo.

It seems, for the moment, that both of them are deep in contemplation, as if a strange premonition has overcome them.

Dead End: (whispering) . . . Blade. . .

Ryo: (whispering) . . . I hope you know what you're doing. . .

Abruptly, both of them depart the metallic room, unaware of the gazes of their two commanding officers.

-------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------


The hallway in the west wing of the Space Knights' headquarters.

A slow, sharp clicking can be heard reverberating off the walls of the metallic hall as a young man walks through it.

The fluorescent lights fall over the ruby-eyed male and dull every color that they perch on.

Ryo takes no notice of these small details as he slowly walks in the direction of his room. it is clear that his mind is in a different area altogether.

Ryo: (thinking) What. . . was that back there?

-flashback-

Ryo is standing in the command room among the others.

D-Boy has just finished explaining the reason for the offensive strike on Radam,
when. . .

Ryo feels and sees a premonitory flash in his mind, causing him to turn his head
downward.

The flash is followed by a vision of a familiar looking crystal and an evil
presence.

Then reality returns. . .

-end flashback-

Ryo: (thinking) Did it. . . mean something?
Unable to find an answer to his questions, Ryo's mind shifts onto another topic. . .
his similarity with Dead End and Blade.

Ryo: (thinking) Heh. . . Amazing how all three of us a so alike. . .
We're all orphans, parentless children born of Fate's cruel game of
dice.
Blade. . . the first Tekkaman to side with humanity. Forced to kill his own family because
they had become the enemy. I heard he found his sister after a long
time, only lose her again when she self-destructed to protect him.
Heh. . . what a life.
Then there's Dead. . . the only survivor of Prague after Black September. I hear he
almost killed Blade twice in his anguish.
And finally, there's me. . . an attack from Radam killed my family two years ago. . .
Two years, and I can still see their blood glistening in the moonlight,
shining brightly in the darkness.
Radam. . .
Damn them!

Ryo's eyes turn into two thin slits, his face becomes a deep scowl, and his teeth grind together as his painful memory is played out in his mind.
Nevertheless, he still continues his slow advance to his room.

His mind once again returns to its reverie.

Ryo: (thinking) I. . . changed. . . shortly after that. Ironic. . . I became like them.
Pure-bred also.

Ryo finally reaches his destination. A bare door made of cold, gray metal. On its right side, a panel with a numerical keypad to input the locking code.
His fingers fly across the keypad as he keys in the all too familiar code.
An tiny beep is heard as the code is accepted and the door slides aside, allowing the young man to step inside.

The metallic door closes behind Ryo with a silent hiss and a slight click.
Ryo's room is pretty much bare except for the necessary furnishings. A bed, dresser, two chairs, and a nightstand with a fluorescent lamp sitting on it. The static screen of a small TV flickers in the dark. The window is closed and the blinds are shut, as if all outside light is forbidden. The only light in the room is given off by the screen of the TV.

Ryo leans against his now shut door and reaches into his sable jacket, taking out an interesting object.

The dark, crimson crystal perfectly matches the color of Ryo's alizarin eyes. The crystal glistens darkly in the very dim light and sends off a cold glow of shifting colors.

Suddenly, Ryo's head snaps downward as his previous vision is played again in his mind. This time, though, the crystal in his previous flash is replaced by the silhouette that resembles a Tekkaman.
After the premonitory flash ends, the young man opens his ruby eyes, and sees that the crystal in his hand has brightened its glow.

Ryo: (whispering) M--my. . . Tekka-set? Why? . . . Is it reacting? . . . To what . . . ?

Ryo quickly puts the crystal back in his jacket, its cold feel penetrating through his clothing and settling onto his heart.
With its strange contact, Ryo's breathing quickens for a moment.
For that moment, the only sound in the room is his quickened breathing and the static screen of his TV.
He then opens the door and leaves his dim room.
After the door closes, the crumbling static of the TV quickly enshrouds the room, casting a ghoulish glow across the area.
It is then abruptly cut off as the screen goes black, plunging the room into darkness and letting a deathly silence engulf it.
After a few seconds, the screen flickers on again, resuming its vigil on the room.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------

In an area a great distance away from humanity.
A forgotten life is planning to return to the living.

???: I've been waiting a long time for this. . .

The voice is as cold as the dimly lit chamber in which it is projected.
The entire chamber itself is not much to look at. Dim, cold, bleak, devoid of life. . . the signs of Death.
Indeed, Death had shown its presence in this area only a decade before.
Remains of twisted metal and organic, human-sized pods litter the floor, the walls, and the ceiling.

The voice speaks again, this time addressing a familiar name.

???: Ten long years, Blade. . . you thought me dead, but, my friend, you were very, very
wrong!

An evil chuckle glides across the thin air.

???: I don't know why you can't sense my. . . summons. Your other two pure-bred
Tekkamen can, so, my friend, why is it that you can't, hmmm?

Silence, only to be broken by laughter.

???: Of course! Now I see. . .
You were so sure of yourself that you had killed me that you don't even
acknowledge that I even existed!
How foolish!
I can't wait to see your face when we next meet!
But first. . .

Dark, sapphire eyes flash in the dim light, illuminating a metallic face with a ghostly aura.
???: First, I'm going to kill your "Dark Tekkaman" !
That little. . . bastard!
He doesn't even deserve the gift of being a Tekkaman!

Hate-filled words reverberate throughout the chamber, causing the tatters of the organic pods to shiver, not unlike as if a human was chilled by a brisk wind.

???: He killed my best general! What's worse, he even took a shard of my Tekka-set!
First, I'll make him suffer before you. Then after I kill him, I'll kill you, Blade, for this
scar that "adorns" my face.
I'm glad I was able to break away from Omega, otherwise, I wouldn't be as
powerful as I am now. . .
Heh! . . . To bad your big brother had to die.
What's more rewarding though, is knowing that it caused you tremendous pain to
kill your own kin!

The character's reverie is broken by the entrance of another into the chamber. The dim light illuminates a metallic, yet organic skin on the newcomer.
The new presence talks to the man in the chamber with and inhuman voice.
It is answered not in its own language, but the human tongue.

???: Very well. . . finish the preparations and be ready for the next battle.

The creature makes a small gesture which includes a crimson flash of its eyes, and departs.

The human voice makes one final remark to itself before also leaving.

???: (darkly) Now. . . this will all end where it began!

The character leaves, letting silence take its vigil on the dim chamber.

--------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------

Back on Earth, the dark veil of night covers the sky above the Space Knight headquarters. This time, a different person stands on the very platform that had hosted Dead End's presence earlier.
A cool breeze blows in from the sea, flowing and entwining itself through the man's dark hair. The male's garb consists of a familiar black suit, and, even though it is night, his eyes are covered by equally dark sunglasses, giving the entire world an unholy, dark tint.
Blade stands on the platform, gazing at the starts that adorn the night sky. Their light flickers in the heavens, as if they were winking at the world, laughing silently at some undisclosed joke that was made many a millennia ago.

A look into D-Boy's thoughts show that his mind also lingers on a painful past of long ago, and of loved ones lost forever.

D: (thinking) Days like these hurt the most.
Always reminding me of how my life was before Radam invaded it.
I can't forget my pain. How I had to kill all of them just to protect the millions of
people on Earth.
Especially Miyuki. . . she was the youngest of us all.
I made sure Evil paid dearly for her death. Even so, I still mourn him. He was, after
all, my brother, just like Omega.
Ten years ago. . . and it still feels like yesterday.

A soft voice from behind brings the reminiscing Tekkaman out of his reverie.

Aki: D-Boy. . . ?

D: (thinking) Aki. . .

A small smile plays over D-Boy's lips as he recalls Aki. Remembering how she was the first person to ever believe in him, and their relationship and determination only grew with each other's company. He remembers how her determination to help him compelled her to become a Tekkaman.

Aki: What are you thinking about?

D: Memories. . .

Aki: . . . of the past?

D: You know me too well.

Aki: If you need anything, D-Boy, I'm always here for you.

D: Hmm. . . I know.

With a smile on his face, D-Boy turns to face Aki, allowing their eyes to meet. In her eyes, D-Boy sees a look which tells him that she meant every word that left her lips.

D: (hesitantly) Anyways. . . how are the preparations coming along?

Aki: They're coming along just fine.
By the way, are you sure about this mission? You really didn't explain yourself to
the kids.

D: I'm sure. . .
The place where Radam is gathering is the same place that my nightmare began.

Aki: "Our" nightmare.

D: Huh?

Aki: You're not alone anymore D, you have me and the others to help you with your
problems.

D: I. . . thanks.
Aki: No problem.

D: Anyways, there must be something of importance there, otherwise Radam wouldn't
go this far out of there way.

Aki: I. . . see.

With this, the two stand beside each other and watch the stars continue their
never-ending twinkling.
It is Aki who finally breaks the silence.

Aki: Oh. . . there's something I forgot to tell you. . .

D: Hmmm. . . ?

Aki: It's about Ryo, I've decided to bring him along on this mission.

D: Really. . . How come?

Aki: He said something about having a premonition about our next encounter with
Radam. I didn't want to bring him in the first place, but then he said that it was
important that he come along since it'll also be the first time we'll be using the Blue
Earth's enhancements in the field. I agree with him on that point, but. . .

D: But you're uncertain because of this premonition he had.

Aki: . . . Yes. . .

D-Boy contemplates this for a few seconds before answering.

D: I don't see any problem with him coming with us. It's not like he's going to hurt
anything. Besides, he does have an uncanny ability with technology, and it might
be a good idea to bring him just in case something does go wrong during the battle.

Aki: Right. . . Maybe after he actually sees a battle up close, he might want to join our
cause more seriously.

D: You mean. . . as a. . . Tekkaman. . .

Aki: The more we have, the better Earth's chances for survival. I won't force him, it
better if he makes this decision himself.

D-Boy looks at Aki again before answering.

D: You're the same as always. . .
Preparing for the future.

Aki: A Dangerous Boy taught me that. . . ten years ago.

With this, Aki leans her head on D-Boy's shoulder. In response, the White Tekkaman wraps his arm around her.
The two stand like that , watching the dark sea of stars that they will soon be swimming through.

--------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------

The day of the Knights' mission was nothing short of dreary. Dark, ominous clouds rolled across the sky, enshrouding all and dimming the light.
Everyone's emotions also dimmed with the light. This was confirmed by the fact that everyone did not speak much, even the usually carefree David.
The Knights' spirits were dampened with the final preparations for going into battle with Radam.

Away from the main group of the Space Knight Tekkamen, two others talk privately of their feelings of the upcoming task.

Ryo and Dead End are standing near a coffee machine, talking about a certain premonition that both of them had before this mission began.
The dark liquid in the coffee pot bubbles as the two men continue their conversation.

Ryo: So. . . you had a premonitory flash also. . .

Dead End: . . . Yes. . .

Ryo: I didn't think that anyone else but me had that vision. That's why I told Aki and
got her to include me on your mission.

As he speaks, Ryo pours the hot coffee into two cups and adds some sugar and creme.

Dead End: But. . . I'm surprised that a non-Tekkaman such as yourself felt something like
that. . .

Ryo tenses as these words leave Dead End's mouth. His answer comes with some difficulty.

Ryo: (hesitantly) Yes. . . well. . . I've had these kind of premonitions ever since I was a
child. . .

Dead End: . . . Indeed. . .

The two become silent as Dead End's answer settles in the air around them. Tensely, Ryo hands the steaming cup of coffee to the green-haired youth.

Dead End: Danke. . .

Ryo: Huh?

Dead End: I said 'thank you'.

Ryo: Oh. . . your welcome.

An uncomfortable silence descends once again upon the two men as they sit in the brightly lit room, sipping their beverage.
The silence is finally broken by Ryo.

Ryo: I hope D knows what he's doing. . .

Dead End: What do you mean?

Ryo: I mean this offensive strike against Radam. I thought you Tekkamen played
defensively since you're so few in number. Besides, with these premonitions you
and I have had, I really don't have a good feeling about this. . .

Dead End: You should have more faith in Blade, Ryo. . .

Ryo: Hmph. . . From what I heard, you also didn't have much faith in Blade. . .

Dead End: . . .

From the German's silence, Ryo knows he has struck a wrong chord.

Ryo: I-. . . sorry. . . I shouldn't have said that. . .

Dead End: Times. . . and feelings. . . change, Ryo. . .
Still. . . I share your concern. . .

Ryo: Hmmm. . .

The room once again descends into silence, an atmosphere which is all too common for the Space Knights.
The two men just stand there for many a minute, lost in their own minds.
After the silence stays so long that it can be heard, it is broken by the arrival of a certain blonde female.

Yumi: Oh, here you two are. . .
The Chief sent me to tell you that preparations are complete and that we're
ready to board.

Ryo: Roger.

Dead End: Roger.

With this, all three of the Knights leave and go on their way to board the Blue Earth and to face Radam.

----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------



The Blue Earth.
The flagship of the Space Knights, made from the most sophisticated technology known to man, and some unknown.
Recently, it has had some new additions added to it, making it even more powerful.

Powerful shuttle engines which enable the craft to approach speeds close to light.

A more efficient way of detaching the support craft, which allows the reaction time of the Tekkamen to be quicker than average.

And better weapons to better its chances of fighting Radam, including a pulse cannon of tremendous power.

All created by Ryo.

It is with tense muscles and tight stomachs the Space Knights board the Blue Earth. Each of them lost in their own thoughts about the upcoming task. Each of them also knows that they might not survive this battle to go on to the next, a fact and risk that each of them embraces as a responsibility of being a Space Knight.

Each of them enter the bridge of the ship, taking their respective seats in the medium sized room.
Aki once again assumes the raised seat in the center of the others, her place of authority. D-Boy seats himself in a seat close to hers.

With an authoritative voice, Aki gives the command to launch the spacecraft.

Aki: Blue Earth craft. . . launch.

With this command, the silent turbines of the engines whirl, giving off a barely audible sound and generating thousands upon thousands of small air bubbles under the water where the craft is docked.

With the sounds of latches releasing, the Blue Earth, perched upon its launch catapult, flies upward at tremendous speed, creating a huge slipstream of water behind it. As it reaches the apex of its upward climb, it sheds its platform and rockets into the dark clouds, tearing them apart as it knifes through them and out the atmosphere of the planet.

---------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

The area of black space around Jupiter's moon, Io. A large portion of Radam's forces have gathered around the moon, obviously waiting for the arrival of something, or someone.
The forces are made up of numerous "Spider Crabs", the bulk of Radam's forces that also serve as the "grunts" of the alien species.
Mingling among the crabs, but not as numerous, are the alien Tekkamen. A completely different species than the cruel Radam.
Tekkamen from a different star, overcome by Radam and now bound in unflinching loyalty to the parasites, thanks to the conquest of the species' minds.
Their organic, metallic skin glints in the light of the planet and the numerous stars found throughout the universe.
Most of them are generals, commanding hordes of spider crabs. But in no way are they weak. Each is a deadly combination of blades and Voltekkers, unbearably powerful beam weapons that are a part of their bodies.

A lone Tekkaman waits behind the lines of soldiers and in the shadows, also awaiting an arrival. Commanding the troops from behind the scenes, he has decided to show all existence that he had not died a decade ago.
From the meager light that reaches him, dark, hateful colors are thrown back.
Dark, aqua armor, accented with lifeless gray, covers his entire body and takes the place of his natural skin.
A serrated lance is held in his right hand, the dim light glancing off its wicked edges. The lance is bent in a manner unusual for a weapon of its type. Its unusual shapes gives it a look no unlike that of a bow.
The gloomy light caresses his face and plays about a heavy scar on its right side, giving the illusion that the eye also is missing. This childish play of the light upon a hateful memory is answered by the flash of dark, sapphire eyes which chase the light away, giving the metallic face a ghostly aura.

A revenge-filled growl is heard, accompanied by an equally enraged voice.

???: Soon, Blade. . . we will meet very, very soon. . .

As he speaks, the shape of the Blue Earth is seen emerging out of the black ocean of space.

----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------

Natasha: Chief! We've reached the assigned area! Radam's forces are coming at us
head-on!

Natasha's voice is answered by Aki's edit-filled voice.

Aki: Alright! All of you, transform and engage the enemy at once! If you need any
assistance, inform us and we'll join you! No go!

All Knights: Roger!

With their answer, the Tekkamen and their support pilots enter the three ships assigned to them for combat.
Quickly, all of them utter the single word which activates their Tekka-sets and don their armor.
Within a few seconds, the Tekkamen leave their combat ships and venture out into the cold blackness of space.

They easily cleave their way through the first wave of Radam's soldiers. Each of them silently thanking the training that they went through to prepare them for this event.
The Tekkamen expertly fend off Radam's forces, gaining ground quickly. But, their deep concern is voiced out loud by Tekkaman Dead.

Dead End: This is too easy! Since when has Radam ever used minimal force to fight us?

David: Guys, I think he's right. . . Radam's being way to easy in this fight.

Natasha: It's as if they're luring us into something.

Yumi: What should we do, D-Boy?

Aki's voice crackles through the communication radio installed within the Tekkmen's armor.

Aki: I want you to continue your present advance. Keep them on the defensive, but
exercise caution until we know what they're up to.

Inside the Blue Earth, Aki's seeks D-Boy's advice.

Aki: Blade, what do you think they're up to?

D: I really don't know. I don't think that Radam is capable of such tactics as these,
unless. . . !

The White Tekkaman's eyes snap forward in a moment of realization at the tactics employed by the enemy. He does not utter a word as this revelation sinks into him.

Aki: 'Unless' what?

D: . . .

Aki: D-Boy. . .

D: . . .

Aki: Blade. . .

D: . . .

Aki: . . . Takaya!

D-Boy is released from his reverie at the mention of his long lost name.

D: . . . yes? . . .

Aki: 'Unless' what?

D: Unless. . . they were being led by a. . . pure-bred, human Tekkaman. . .

Aki gasps in surprise at this discovery and turns her head to look at the battle being played out before them.
Ryo merely stands by, listening to these realizations and watching the battle.
He thinks only of his premonition. . .
a Tekka-set. . .
the silhouette of a Tekkaman. . .
and realizes the horrible truth. . .

The battling Tekkamen outside of the ship continue to get closer to the gaseous planet's moon. With each swipe of their weapons, or a blast of their Voltekkers, the Knights' get closer and closer to the frozen satellite that is Io.

As they near the frozen globe, their advance is halted by an unimaginably powerful Voltekker blast which comes from the dark shadows of the moon. The blast cuts a wide swath throughout space, stopping the young Tekkamen and taking out some of Radam's soldiers along with it.

As a reaction and an attempt to protect himself and the others, Dead End opens the shoulders of his armor in an attempt to absorb the blast with his Voltekker neutralizers, but to no avail.

The German's agonizing scream is heard by all as the neutralizers overload with the force and energy of the blast, and blow right off his shoulders.

The blast then ignites itself and creates a wickedly beautiful, spherical explosion.
Responding to the danger, the two commanders of the Space Knights react with their own transformations.
Blade once again embraces the power that he has come to hate.

The blood-eyed man known as Ryo just watches in stupefaction as these events are played out before his eyes.

Blade and Aki join their injured comrades and stare into the retreating light of the blast.

As they watch, a figure materializes out of the blaze.

They stare in awe and terror as its features are displayed.

Aqua armor, accented with lifeless gray. . .

A bow-shaped, lance-like weapon. . .

Dark, sapphire eyes. . .

And a wicked scar adorning the right eye. . .

A long-lost voice speaks and addresses only the White Tekkaman. . .

???: Hello, Blade. . . Long time no see. . . I do hope that you remember me. . .

-End-
-Part 1-


Author's Notes
************
About the scene with the TV in Ryo's room, I know it's kinda confusing, I didn't get it myself at first, but then I thought that it represented his life pretty well, y'know, all static with problems and complications and all. Anyways, about the part where it goes on and off, that represents his life almost winking out of existance. It'll be explained in part two.
Also, I didn't include any of the Tekkamen support pilots (Goliate, Anita, Hayato) in the character summary because they don't do much in the series. They just come in, say something, then go away. I thought they were pretty much unimportant.
I also left the names and words associated with Tekkaman in their original Japanese since I thought they sounded better and were cooler that way.
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed!