Tekken Fan Fiction ❯ The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6 ❯ Resentment ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
 
 
Tokyo is one of the largest, busiest cities in the world. In the wake of World War II, Japan worked feverishly to rebuild their capital from a military-based society, to a culture devoted to technology. In only a few years, Japan was one of the most technologically advanced nations the planet had ever seen. By the dawn of the twenty-first century, Tokyo was a city that defined the future: advanced vehicles, powerful computers, and a bustling nightlife.
But what was perhaps the most impressive was the city's business district. The office buildings sometimes dwarfed over 150 meters, truly a testament to Japan's devotion to economic wealth.
 
One such building was the headquarters of the genetics company G-Corporation. Two years ago, this building was subject to a raid by the Mishima Zaibatsu's personal swat team, the Tekken-shu. The Zaibatsu, who were once partners with G Corporation, learned that their former allies had stolen the Zaibatsu's data on the monstrous Ogre, Toshin. The Tekken-shu retrieved some of the data, but not before they faced the wrath of Kazuya Mishima, revived by G-Corporation after believed dead when his father Heihachi threw him into a volcano twenty years earlier. In the wake of the attack, G-Corporation became far more aggressive, focusing its efforts on weapons as well as genetic research.
 
On the top floor of G-Corporation's building, a man of French descent was burning with hate while stewing in his office. He was rather thin, but his muscular frame more than made up for what he lacked in sheer bulk. His long blonde hair was tied back in a ponytail with a red bow, and he was wearing a black tuxedo with a puce trim. There was a trophy on his desk that revealed who he was: Jean Sorel, Champion de la clôture.
 
Jean Sorel was the assistant director of G-Corporation as well as the heir to the Sorel clan, one of the most powerful families in France, so he had a say in pretty much everything that went on. He was in charge of weapons research. During his time there, he met the scientist Jane, who created for G-Corporation the Jack-4s and their successor Jack-5. Such a sweet woman, Jean recalled as he stopped stewing in his hatred. Maybe after I finish the tournament she and I can….NO!!!
 
Jean quickly dismissed such thoughts. Love and compassion had its place, and now was not the time. He must focus on the task at hand: revenge.
 
After watching Kazuya beginning to pursue his own agenda, Jean decided that it was time to “take out the trash.” He had Jane use the Jack-4s to destroy Honmaru, and even though Kazuya escaped, Jean knew that it would only be a matter of time since Jack-5 would be ready by the time the King of Iron Fist Tournament 5 started. Unfortunately for Jean, Jack-5 would never face Kazuya: Heihachi, who Jean insisted to his superiors died in the explosion, dismantled it.
 
 
For the past year, Jean has been consumed by hatred. His precious Jane was put in an emotional state, and Jean had lost his credibility. He was able to retain his job only by using his family's wealth to increase funding. But two months ago, Jean's vigor returned.
 
G Corporation's most vaunted resurrected fighter had escaped from their labs. Kazuya Mishima three years before, saying that he would do ANYTHING they said so long as they would bring her back to life, brought this fighter to them. The fighter was none other than Kazuya Mishima's lover, Jun Kazama. The G-Corporation knew that Jun would enter the King of Iron Fist Tournament 6 to be reunited with her son Jin, but Jean insisted that he carried out the hit. Kazuya took something from Jean, and Jean would make sure that Kazuya paid for it with his angst. He would slowly torture Jun to death, painting her blood on Kazuya's clothes as his battered body watched in horror. Then Jean would move on to Kazuya's son, Jin, making that death a bit quicker so he could move on to the main event: claiming the Mishima Zaibatsu for the G Corporation
 
Jean stood up from his chair and put on a pair of silver gauntlets with fingers shaped like claws, then picked up his rapier Flambert from the wall. This rapier had a long, bloody history that dated back to the late 16th century. It was said that it was even crossed with the legendary Soul Edge. Jean would use Flambert to draw the blood of everyone who Kazuya considered close to him.
 
Jean walked over to the intercom installed next to where Flambert lay and pressed a button. “Ms. Yagi, it's far too quiet up here. Would you mind putting up some music?”
 
“Of course, Mr. Sorel. Anything in particular?”
 
“Hmmmm…” Jean began spinning his rapier in his hand, “Track 7 of my personal playlist should do. Be sure to notify me when it's time to head to the Mishima Mansion for the tournament, and have my invitation and limo ready before you call.”
 
A few seconds later, Jean had his rapier in preparation as his requested song blared in his room, his personal favorite for practice sessions: “Guarded” by Disturbed.
 
Guarding yourself from the love of another
Left you with nothing tonight
Why does it sound like the devil is laughing
Leaving me haunted tonight
You did decide....