Tekken Fan Fiction ❯ The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6 ❯ Commencement ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Inside the Mishima Mansion, martial artists from around the world were shouting, laughing, eating, and otherwise being merry as they waited for the tournament to start. On one side of the reception hall there were food and drinks. Paul Phoenix, Marshall Law, Julia Chang, and other fighters spent their time in the mansion using this area to talk about what they have been doing for the past year. Even though most of them were here two months ago, they didn't really have much time to talk due to having a tournament on such short notice. Now, with the King of Iron Fist Tournament officially in its pre-emptive stages, the fighters could eat and drink together peacefully before the tournament commenced.
 
On another side of the room, there were some couches and chairs for some of the more passive fighters. In this area, fighters could sit down at chat a bit in a peaceful manner. In the center of the ring of seats was a table with a tea set, and a steaming kettle to go along with it. Sitting on a couch together were Lee Chaolan, with Anna Williams's head resting on his shoulders, and his robotic assistant Combot 2.0. Sitting adjacent to them were Asuka Kazama, Ling Xiaoyu, and a new competitor, Kenichi Masamune.
 
Kenichi Masamune was an 18-year-old youth wearing plaid blue pants and a yellow shirt with his school's logo on it: the same school that Asuka Kazama attended. He had forward, wavy brown hair that was well kempt, and a wooden sword lying at his side. “Asuka, do you mind keeping it down?” Kenichi suddenly snapped when Asuka began to raise her voice while chatting with Ling, “I'm trying to read something!” Kenichi was holding a copy of Harry Potter and the Halfblood Prince in his hand. At this point Asuka told Kenichi to “get a grip and lighten up,” and then the two began to argue…and argue until Ling simply decided to get up and give them some space. Kenichi and Asuka had been rivals since they began grade school, but the way they quarreled made them seem like lovers.
 
Of course, there were some fighters who believed that actions spoke louder than words, and didn't bother interacting with the others. One of these fighters was the enigmatic ninja Raven, who stood in a corner without moving a muscle, staring at Kenichi. Two months earlier, Raven had killed the boy's father by the order of his organization, hearing that Mr. Masamune had been trafficking weapons. If his son had indeed followed him, Raven knew that this might put the organization's security at risk. But if he killed him now, it would surely attract the attention of Interpol, and that he didn't need. Keep a close watch, but don't act, the organization told Raven before he left for Tokyo, he might be able to answer some of our questions for us.
 
 
 
“Excuse me everyone.”
 
About an hour into the party, Jin Kazama pulled out a microphone and began speaking. He was wearing a black trench coat, a red knit shirt, formal black pants, and a navy blue tie. Jin looked around the room until he saw that all eyes were on him, then he started to speak again.
“Welcome to the King of Iron Fist Tournament 6. Only two months ago, I called most of you here to compete in the Tournament of True Might, so that you may prepare for this event. It was a friendly competition and I'm glad to see that all of you who participated came back. Thanks to your efforts, we were able to raise enough funds for the victims of the Honmaru fiasco, who lost their homes in the explosion.”
 
`Lost their homes', Heihachi Mishima angrily thought to himself as he swirled his cup of tea, I don't recall seeing any donation!
 
“Marshall Law and Paul Phoenix, who won the Tournament of True Might, will get their $1,000,000 before they leave tonight.” All eyes turned to the Chinese-American, who simply waved as he sipped their drink. Then they looked at Paul, who had his trademark “celery-head” hair down, and he gulped down his cup of champagne and said, “Thanks for the memories, Jin!”
 
“But as you may know, the Tournament of True Might will be nothing in comparison to what I have planned for this tournament.” Jin Kazama smiled slightly as a screen dropped down from behind him. The lights of the mansion dimmed, and a picture appeared on the screen, followed by another, and another. “What you are right now seeing are the locations of where the tournament will take place, all of them right here in Tokyo.” After a few more slides, the screen went blank, and the lights returned to their normal hue.
 
“As before, the prize will be the majority of stocks for the Zaibatsu, or…” Jin paused as one of his bodyguards handed him a suitcase. He opened the suitcase to reveal rolls of dollar bills stacked neatly, “a good $1,000,000,000 plus half of all earnings that the tournament gains from ticket sales. So far, we have made over $5,000,000,000 in sales for this tournament, already a record.” Jin closed the suitcase and gave it back to his bodyguard, and then nodded to another man, who had a packet of envelopes in his hand. “My assistant is right now giving you your hotel tickets, along with $5,000. The hotel is located a mere five blocks from here, so don't worry about transportation.”
 
Once he saw that everyone was holding an envelope, Jin smiled softly. “The match schedule will be posted tomorrow morning, at 8 o'clock. Furthermore, I may or may not be your last opponent. Unlike the previous tournaments, the host will be competing alongside each an every one of you as a normal contestant.”
 
He's breaking tradition, Kazuya thought as he took a sip of his tea, which means he might lose the Zaibatsu before the tournament even ends! What are you planning, Jin?
 
“The pairings and match schedule will be posted here tomorrow morning at 8 o'clock.” Jin raised his cup high and smiled. “I look forward to seeing you all and participating in what can only be the greatest martial arts tournament in the world: the King of Iron Fist!”
 
“SALUT!!” Everyone present in the room, excluding Heihachi and Kazuya, raised their cups in unison and drank….