Tekken Fan Fiction ❯ The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6 ❯ Doren vs Jin: Yetzerhara ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome back into the ring…Doren Sharon!”

There's too many men,
Too many people
Making too many problems
And there's not much love to go `round
Can't you see this is a land of confusion?
This is the world we live in
And these are the hands we're given
Use them and let's start trying
To make this a place worth living in...


The Israeli soldier got out of his seat and waved to the crowd as he entered the ring to his usual “Land of Confusion” song, this time with Disturbed singing rather than Genesis. Even though he was still a little bit tired from his bout with Asuka only twenty minutes earlier, Doren felt that he still had enough steam left to fight. Watching Heihachi and Kazuya duke it out left Doren awestruck. Two of the most powerful fighters on the planet clashed in a literally electrifying match. It was just like the final match of the King of Iron Fist Tournament 2 that he watched when he was a small boy.

But it was the match that lay in front on him that really sparked Doren's interest.

“And his opponent this evening…he's been known as `the Fatal Lightning,' and was the champion of the King of Iron Fist Tournament 3. Coming from Japan at 22 years of age using traditional karate, he's the sponsor of today's tournament. Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for the one…the only…JIN KAZAMA!!!”

I've become so numb
I can feel you there
I've become so tired
So much more aware
I'm becoming this
All I want to do
Is be more like me
And be less like you…


Just about every person inside the Tokyo Dome got up out of their seats and cheered for the man responsible for the King of Iron Fist Tournament 6. Jin was wearing a blue-violet hooded jacket with yellow flames etched across it, a matching pair of sweat pants, and red-and-white sneakers. He strapped on his trademark gauntlets as he came down to the ring. Once he got into the ring, he performed a small kata and smiled as he heard the crowd's cheers increase.

“Welcome to the King of Iron Fist Tournament, Lt. Sharon,” Jin turned to his opponent and bowed, “I trust you have enjoyed your stay here in Tokyo?”

“Indeed I have,” Doren returned the bow with a quick salute. As he did that, he took a sniff of the air and frowned, “Ugh, the ring smells like the battlefield back home: it's the scent of burning flesh.”

“Don't feel sorry for my bastard of a father,” Jin's smile quickly faded, “Heihachi was being far too kind to him. He was certainly a lot more merciful than I would've been.” Jin's eyes narrowed and he clenched his fist as he crackled with red lightning, “…I'm sorry, I must sound silly to you...”

“Not at all, we've all got our Yetzerharas,” Doren shook his head lightly and crossed his arms as the gates went up in the ring. “Your father just has to listen to his Yetzerhatov. It's like Yin and Yang. You need to both to reach your ultimate potential.”

“…intriguing,” Jin raised an eyebrow and his smile crept back upon his face, “my mother once told me a similar thing when I was a small boy…”

“…I hate to break this to you, man,” Doren rubbed the back of his head lightly as returned the smile, “but I don't think I'll be able to breastfeed you as well as your mom…for obvious reasons…”

Jin burst out laughing as Doren said that sentence so casually, and Doren began snickering as well. As they regained control of themselves, they got into a fighting stance. “Hehe..so tell me, lieutenant,” Jin said as he stopped laughing, “what does your Yang, or Yetzerhara as you put it, tell you right now?”

“It tells me to battle and defeat worthy opponents…” the Israeli lieutenant's eyes sparkled as he began advancing towards Jin; “…opponents JUST LIKE YOU!!!”

Preparing against the oncoming opponent, Jin's hands began to glow red: the sign of his Lingering Soul stance. His plan was to knock away his opponent just as he reached him.

As Doren came at him at a full run, Jin reared back his fist. But Doren was faster than Jin had anticipated…and Jin was faster than Doren anticipated as well. The two fighters moved with perfect symmetry, and punched each other in the face simultaneously and went reeling in the opposite directions.

The crowd popped at the display of power and precision they had just witnessed. With the explosive performance of the previous fight between Heihachi and Kazuya, Jin and Doren had a tough act to follow. But in the very first blow of the fight, they already had the crowd enthralled. The two fighters rubbed their jaws and smiled. Now this is what KIF is all about, Doren thought as he dusted himself off and resumed his fighting stance. God, I love this tournament!

As the two fighters ran at each other as if on cue, their smiles did not fade: they were going to enjoy this battle.

Doren caught Jin's leg and slammed him into the ground like he was a throw rug. With his opponent dazed, Doren brought his fist down to where Jin was laying and punched him in the head. In retaliation, the Japanese fighter rose up and sent Doren sprawling backwards with a forceful Torso thrust, a single straight punch that used his ki.

Landing on his feet, Doren looked up and dodged Jin's punch, countering with a staggering blow to his opponent's stomach which sent Jin rocketing in the air. Is he holding back on my account, Doren asked himself as he juggled Jin in the air with a pair of knee strikes and sending him spinning to the ground with a backhanded punch, or is he just testing my strength?

Jin landed on his hands and righted himself with a flip. He wasn't particularly fazed by the previous attack, but he didn't think he'd be able to take that kind of punishment for much longer. This guy has to have a weak spot, he thought, perhaps I can find one if I force him to attack...

Dodging Doren's kick, Jin ducked down into his Crouching Demon stance. With his opponent vulnerable, Jin punched him in the stomach with a Sugetsu Strike, bouncing his fist off of his opponent for additional force. Clutching where he had been hit, Doren backed away a few steps. He instinctively ducked Jin's roundhouse kick and grabbed Jin's face. After punching Jin a few times with his free hand, Doren kicked his opponent away and sent him across the ground.

…I think I can see what's going on, Jin thought as he rubbed where he had been struck, he can find any opening, no matter how small, and use it to his advantage. Looking back up, he could see that Doren was sweating. Well, it seems that he's finally tiring out…all I need to find an opening of my own, then pour it all into one great assault…

“Hey kiddo, don't hold back on my account,” Doren shouted between breaths, “this kind of challenge is what I live for!”

“Don't worry, Lt. Sharon,” Jin said as he got back up and got into his power stance, “this fight is just getting started! Get ready!” Going at Doren with a full run with his fists aglow, Jin prepared to restart his assault.

Quickly evading a roundhouse kick, Jin let loose his almighty Omen Wind Hook Fist and sent Doren screeching across the ring but still standing. Obviously fazed from the attack, Doren reeled back as he crackled with Jin's red lightning. It wasn't as lethal or as potent as the demonstration that Heihachi and Kazuya had put up, but it was enough to stun the Israeli fighter momentarily.

And a moment was all Jin needed to begin his furious assault.

Bombarding Doren with powerful flurry of punches and kicks, Jin sent Doren flying backwards with a powerful leg thrust. Landing on his feet, Doren narrowly dodged a right hook and attempted to counterattack with a powerful knee. Catching the knee, the Japanese fighter headbutted Doren and shoved him away into the grated wall. Using a similar tactic that Asuka had used against him earlier, Doren pushed himself off the gates and propelled himself into a flying knee strike, sending Jin screeching across the floor.

As soon as Jin stood back up, he was sent skywards with a pair of simultaneous uppercuts. With his opponent still in the air, Doren juggled Jin around with a left hook, a powerful uppercut, a backhanded swat, and finally a roundhouse kick that sent the Japanese fighter spinning to the ground. Landing on his hands, Jin flipped back up and evaded another punch, countering with another Omen Wind Hook Fist, this time sending Doren spinning uncontrollably in the air and crashing to the floor.

Unbelievable, Doren thought to himself as he struggled to get back up, the rumors don't do this guy justice. He is MUCH stronger! Getting back onto his feet, the Israeli martial artist leaned down slightly and reared back his fist, crackling with blue-violet sparks. I've never used this attack outside of the gym…but I guess now's a good a time as any!

…so that's the way it's going to be, Jin thought as he reared back his fist and began crackling with red lightning. I'll have to time this one just right…

“Here I come, kiddo,” Doren shouted, “GET READY!!!”

The Israeli fighter ran towards Jin with his ki focused into his left arm for a powerful haymaker as Jin finished charging his powerful attack. The two fighters simultaneously shot out their empowered fists at each for one final desperate strike…

In what could only be described as pure luck, Jin's ultimate attack hit Doren in the cheek, while Doren's strike only hit Jin in the forearm of his punching arm, shattering his white armguard. Damn it,Doren thought as he crumpled onto his knees and fell to the floor while fading into unconsciousness, it was fun while it lasted…

Ten seconds passed, and Doren was still down. Jin Kazama took a deep breath and wiped the sweat off his brow. It was certainly an enjoyable battle, but he was relieved that it was over.

“Ugh,” Doren moaned as he regained consciousness and slowly stood back up, “Thanks for not scatching my lens, but what do you call that attack? I feel as if I've been hit with a freight train…”

“That was my most powerful attack,” Jin replied as he helped Doren get back onto his feet, “I call it the `Eighth Gate of Hell.'”

“…what happened to the other seven?”

“You blew past them,” Jin laughed as he walked out of the ring along with Doren, “and just what do you call the attack that you used? No one's ever shattered my armguards before…”

“THAT was my Justice Galil. I once punched a hole through a brick wall with that attack…”

“That's interesting. I guess I should consider myself fortunate,” Jin rubbed where he had been hit and turned around, “I really enjoyed our match, Mr. Sharon. I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Japan.”

“I'm sure I will. Shalom,” Doren waved goodbye and headed to the stands.

...now I can focus on more important things, Jin thought as he walked back into the ring and waited for Heihachi to come so he could begin his post-round speech, things like where my mother ran off to, and finding her before my father or Sorel does. I'm willing to bet that the Frenchman is plotting something now…even as I step into this ring…


--------------

“Oh, come ON, Mishima! At least TRY to make this difficult for me,” Jean said aloud as he listened to Kazuya's recorded voice. He was wise to bug Kazuya's locker: the Japanese man was a creature of habits, and Jean was familiar with the major ones.

One of Kazuya's hobbies was collecting sneakers. Every year he was at G-Corporation, Kazuya used funds to buy boxes and boxes of sneakers for the sole purpose of putting them on display in his room. Another one of his hobbies was monster movies, or more specifically King Ghidorah features. Kazuya had once told Jean that the main reason he experimented on animals back when he owned the Zaibatsu was that he wanted to create his own three-headed monster to wreak havoc upon cities with.

But Kazuya's biggest habit was listening to the sound of his own voice. Originally, the scientists had asked him to create audio logs so they can study the Devil spirit and how often it took control. But even though Kazuya had gained more and more control of his other self, he still kept journal entries just to document “the path that ended Heihachi's life.”

And then there is the other child…

Jean's train of thought was broken as soon as he heard those words. Kazuya has a second child, he muttered to himself as he listened intently.

I do not know why I tried to come back to Jun those 18 years ago…

…so that means the child must be eighteen years of age, Jean thought.

…her power is best left untouched…

And the child is female, Jean rubbed his chin in comtemplation. She was eighteen years old, female, and most likely not going under the name Mishima. Now who could it-

A cruel smile crept upon the Frenchman's lips. He had discovered Kazuya's secret: his daughter not only had no idea of her heritage, but she was competing in the tournament. The child was practically Jun Kazama's double: Jean was surprised that he didn't figure it out sooner. But how could he exploit this?

A complex and insane plan began to brew in Jean's head...and one name echoed throughout his mind as the plan began to take form.

Kazama...