Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Tears ❯ Prologue and Credits ( Prologue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Tears: Foreword and Credits

This is my first fan fic. The basic idea came from "Paradise Lost" by Thomas Doscher, but I wondered what if Ryoko was the victim instead. I played around w/ storyline, trying to come up with a workable plot and immediately ran into a big problem, namely was Ryoko a virgin or not. It may seem like a simple question, but the whole character dynamics revolves around it. I've seen it argued effectively for both sides on the archive and I really couldn't decide which way to go. I almost wrote two stories, one w/ each side, but I realized that it would take too much time to effectively tell both sides. I finally decided to let her be a virgin, though I may yet do the story with her as a previous victim.

Once that was decided, I moved onto the what and how of the story. Again, more juggling and brainstorming, seeing what worked and what didn't . After a lot of hard work, I finally had enough of the story set in my head to start writing. I asked Gensao for some clarification of the posting guidelines, and he kindly cleared things up.

This story is set in the Tenchi OVA/MnE universe w/ Minagi, from the manga thrown in. For the court procedures, I used as a reference the book,"Helter Skelter", by Vincent Bugliosi. The book explains things in an easy to understand format. The time is just before the Startica after Mayuka's rebirth, when she is approx. 9 months. My thanks to AniMAY-chan for providing me the clues to Mayuka's age and for pre-reading my fanfic. Other authors that I got inspiration from are : Ryan Anderson, Joel Patoine, Greg Matteson, and many other authors of the Techi Muyo Fan Fiction Archive.


Disclaimer: Tenchi Muyo and Manatsu no Eve is owned by Pioneer/AIC. No Need for Tenchi was created by Hitoshi Okuda and is published by Viz Communications. This is a work of fiction done to show my appreciation of this wonderful bunch of characters. I am not profiting by this story, nor do I want others to profit by it.