Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Tenchi Muyo: Assassins Past. ❯ Fear those who do not show themselves... ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


#2
Ayeaka looked at the giant eye. Then she staggered back. Finally she screamed. This alerted everyone in the house something was not right. It also woke them all up. She then ran downstairs. Tenchi also ran downstairs.
"What's going on?"
"There's something outside!!!!! Wait where is Ryoko? She was in here doing housework, again, a minute ago….."
They heard a shout from outside.
"OK, What do you lot want?"
Everyone was beginning to go downstairs as well, and now Tenchi had gone outside too. The eye Ayeaka had seen had been part of a giant mech. It looked like a mechanical cross between a toad and a T-Rex. On the sides were printed warnings like, "Danger high voltage", "Not safe to stand here while firing missiles", and for some strange reason "All your base are belong to us" and "Pioneer Rights Reserved", Ryoko was standing, hands on her waist, and shouting insults, questions and even advice at it. Tenchi walked up to Ryoko.
"What is going on?"
"I'm not all too sure, but I think it is-"
"HEY!! We Will Introduce ourselves! Thank you very much!!"
A young man, a lady, and a weird little thing appear at the hatch at the top of the mech.
"To-"
"Oh please no intro speech, we don't have all night…."
Everyone else has also come out. Ayeaka took a look at the mech and regretted having screamed.
"Oh boy, Team Mecha…."
"HOW DARE YOU! YOU LITTLE RUNT!!!WE WERE GOING TO INTRODUCE OURSELVES!!!!"
"Me? A Runt? Hello, I am a Princess, You are the Runt….."
">blink< >blink< huh? Oh yeah, I suspose I am… NEVERMIND, I AM THE ONE IN THE BIG MECHA!"
Washu nudges Mihoshi.
"Yeah, one of those famous-for-constantly-being-blown-up Mechs…"
They laugh. The girl who had been shouting from the mech before is now red with anger. The rather timid guy pops up behind her….
"Er…..Jenny….Let's just tell them why we are here, then do that, then we can kidnap the rest of them….."
The girl blinks at him, has the sudden realisation, and shows her agreement. They disappear into the mech, and their voices boom from the mech's exterior speakers.
"Now listen here! We, Team Mecha, Are Here To Challenge The One Who Defeated Kagato! We Must Prove Ourselves Kagato's superiors!"
"But you guys aren't!"
At this exclamation from Washu, the girl popped out again,
"Yeah, but we have been watching you, and realise that Tenchi only has that power that defeated Kagato sometimes, and think we can defeat him as long as this power remains…er…"
"Dormant?"
"Yes! Dormant! Then we wee look better than Kagato, and become feared by all! So Tenchi! Will you battle us!?!? You must protect all these young ladies here after all!"
Tenchi opens his mouth to answer, but Ryoko steps forward and answers.
"No he will not fight you, but if you do not leave straight away, I will be plenty "challenging" for you…"
Team Mecha seem to consider this, realise this is something they forgot to plan for, and start getting nervous.
"Er… We sorta know we don't stand a chance against you…. You having more control over your powers and all…So could you stand down?"
"No."
They disappear back into the Mech. They seem to be whispering, when suddenly a third voice rises up.
"Idiots! We insuled that New Hyper Field Deluxe into this model! We can defeat her I tell you! Just might have a problem against those slight whawk thingies…."
At this, the mech roars into life.
"it's about time," yawns Ryoko, "this looks like fun!"

Elsewhere, in the Galaxy, figures watch. One in particular watches closely, with his one eye, the other of glass. He watches Ryoko draw the surrounding energy into herself, and generate some energy blasts, which work well on the mecha, but not well enough for a "One-Hit Wonder", but he wasn't expecting one. This figure is an Assassin, one of the greatest, wait no, The greatest Assassin in all the multi-verse, but he does not watch Ryoko like prey, not analysing her moves, but more, remembering them, remembering her, and enjoying these memories, and wishing. Ryoko has now almost finished the mecha, without getting hit once, even with the mechs speed and agility, Ryoko's is far more, she hasn't even bothered using her teleportation technique yet. The others watch, cheering her on. Washu can be seen making mocking coments about her opponents, Mihoshi is trying to write out a ticket for them, but there is one who unhappy. The Assassin looks at him. The other Assassins gathered also turn their glazes to this one. The Assassin glares straight into Tenchi's eyes, and he seems to notice something and shifts uncomfortably. Tenchi would of preferred to have fought, he knows he could of done this too, maybe not as easily, but he still has some power. Also Ryoko's power starts to frighten him, and he now almost pities her opponents. Ryoko has sent the mech to the floor, and is telling Team Mecha to get out. The Assassin looks again at Ryoko, reaching out almost, in an attempt to feel her, as there is something he remembers most fondly, something he wishes…
"Now Darkside, we should test your old student, with just a little something…"
The Assassin quickly turns from his "study" of Ryoko, to glance at this other Assassin.
"Maybe. Just a little while more. There is a perfect time coming now."
Ryoko is getting now annoyed with her opponents, and is using threats. Tenchi is getting more unhappy, but does not show it that openly. Ryoko charges up a blast.
"NOW! Spirits! Enter that down mecha, Give my Old student a Real Challenge! Surprise her, and This Tenchi…"
The Other Assassin grins, and turns back to watch Darkside's summon take effect.

"Get out of the thing right Now! I am getting impatient… Don't think I don't realise it could have another mode to switch into!"
Ryoko had almost finished charging up. Inside the mech, Team Mecha looked a slight disappointed.
"I thought you said we could do it?"
"OK, so I used hyperbole… We do have one last mode…"
"But she will probably blast up befo… Why is the ground moving? And the walls glowing?"
Team Mecha looked around them, the mech seemed to be coming alive, on its own accord. Outside the mech, Ryoko stopped charging. She recognised this… But from where? Wait, it was like her own demon summoning techniques… But who had taught her those techniques? Infact, who had taught her anything? Infact, why had she only just started thinking about these matters? Why now? When she should be thinking about her attack instead…

The gathered Assassins and associates looked at the possessed mech. It looked really savage. Some noted the references to Evangelion, Gundams, and someone even noticed a transformer reference, but this was questionable, since this guy always saw transformer references in mechs. It was obviously quite powerful, but Darkside didn't look like he had put much sweat into it. This always seemed the case with him. After a few roars, the mech pounced upon Ryoko, who seemed preoccupied. She dodged, but still was grazed by the beast. The beast now followed her, and attacked again. Ryoko fired a blast, which sent it back reeling a little, but it regenerated easily and almost instantly. Like her's did. Ryoko still seemed preoccupied, when the beast prepared to attack again, but a weakness of it was exploited. Tenchi smashed its mulformed hind legs, on which it had perched, with a piece of wood. The beast collaspes and Ryoko also sees a chance to attack back. The beast sends out mechanical tenticales to attempt a come back, but Tenchi smashes these, and Ryoko manages to dodge the remaining ones.
"This is enough, I think I will end this…"
The Assassins turned to look at Darkside, who now aimed his palm at the image of his beast.
"I think it is about time we acted in person!"

The Mecha glowed again. This was a different glow to the last time, and there arose a bit of a snigger from the audience. Team Mecha, who had been hugging each other inside the mech also noticed this glowing, and sighed. It was that time again.
The mech exploded, sending Team Mecha flying, and shouting some funny catchphrase as they did their flight. Ryoko stretched.
"That was some cool teamwork, ay Tenchi?"
"……….."
"Tenchi? Is something wrong? We won? Tenchi?"
"Ryoko… before that mech went crazy, what were you about to do?"
"Tenchi?"
"You were about to kill them, right?"
"Tenchi! I-I-I am insulted, No I wasn't! I can't-I-I…"
Ryoko now appeared to be crying, and had forgotten to mention her thoughts about how that beast had felt familiar, and how she had had the feeling of being watched. She started to run off. Tenchi watched after her. Washu came up.
"You're wrong Tenchi. You don't quite understand her… She doesn't like killing actually. She is a troublemaker, but hates death…. Well the effect of death at least, not the Personification… >ahem< excuse me…"
"That's what I often think, but sometimes I don't know…"
He walked back to the house.

The Assassins begun to disperse but still a few watched a scene. Eventually only one was left, staring at Ryoko perched at the top of a tree.
"Yes…It is indeed finally time…"
This long haired Assassin, clenched his fist, then thrust it into the air.
"Time I took you out, Oh Great Student of Darkside!"

Ryoko was crying with tears. She was muttering to herself.
"He's right to hate me… I am nothing… Nothing! Worthless! Useless! I don't deserve to live… I particularly don't deserve Tenchi…"