Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess and the Demon ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: The finale is here. I am sorry for delaying the ending, i am just organizing my thoughts on how i like this to end. Thank you for all the readers, and to all who reviewed the fanfiction.

Chapter 12

Kagato and his men march forth to the Yoshire castle, destroying everything in their path that reminds Jurai of how once Yoshire was a great and beautiful place

"KILL THE DEMON!!!!!!" Kagato shouted as he raised his arm, holding his sword

"KILL THE DEMON!!!!" Shouted the men in response

And they continue on marching until they arrived at the very gate. The gate is open, but this did not deterr Kagato from coming in. He knew the demon have lost its power greatly, for today is the last day of the curse, and He is the one to slay the demon, Marry the beautiful Princess Ayeka and Take over Jurai as its King.

-------------------------

Ryoko is standing, looking at the hologram of the men who have entered her domain. Her face is expressionless, she is ready to die

"Ayeka" She mumbled, then she smiled. A sweet contented smile "I have always love you Princess...and I will always" then Ryoko turn her back to the hologram and sitted at the couch where she last read Ayeka a story. She gently touch the couch, as if Princess Ayeka is there.

--------------------------

"Me?" Ayeka said in an ice cold voice, that book is talking about me...and i am the reason my Ryoko is going to die? Ayeka thought, then as if something warm touch her heart, she turn her back to her father and ready to flee-

"Where are you going?" King Asuza hollered

"I am going back to Yoshire" Ayeka said

"You can't!" Ayeka faced her father, her eyes wide, her breathing quite heavy

"Why Can't i? Ryoko is alone...i need to be there!!!"

"You can't!"

"Why not father?! Tell me!" She shouted and shortened the distance from her father

"Kagato is already there...They must have engage in battle! ITs dangerous Ayeka.."

"Father!" Ayeka said, her strength giving way to fear, she dropped on her knees, and she started crying, "PLease...tell me there's still something i can do?"

The King shook his head even though he knew his daughter could not see him.

"I want to see Ryoko" Ayeka said softly, her shoulder shaking from crying. Sasami came to her sister and hug her, "I have to see Ryoko-"

Ayeka lifted her head to see the red cloak where the gift from Ryoko was. It is being handed to her by Washu, "Look at this and say her name" Washu said in a calm voice

Princess Ayeka grab the cloak, and pulled the mirror inside. Once she saw what is inside, she look at Washu, then at Yosho and then Tenchi. The three woman nodded at her, silently saying "go ahead...say her name"

"Ryoko" She said...then as if by magic, the mirror is now surrounded by light, then at the very mirror...an image appeared

(Spiky, Cyan haired woman. HEr amber eyes were sad, though she is smiling. She is sitting by the couch, her hands travel the vacant spot beside her)

"Hakubi" Ayeka said as she now saw who her demoness is. That woman in her dream, the woman who have made her happy, the woman who owns those embrace that made her feel safe, important and loved. Then drops of tears started to grace the mirror, as the princess felt her heart squeeze more tightly

(Ryoko suddenly turned her head to the door of the library, and she saw a man came, a sword in his hand)

"Ryoko!" Ayeka shouted, then she looked at her father with a pleading eyes, "Father please? I have to go back there"

"But what for? Kagato is going to Kill Ryoko, and even if Kagato fails, The demoness will still die-"

"I have to! Because I Love her!" Ayeka shouted, her cry is now heavier, she leaned more towards Sasami, her shoulder shaking more, "I love her Father...i love Ryoko...please...." Ayeka said now more like a wounded soldier pleading for her life

"But-"

"Father!" It was Sasami. It is the very first time that Princess Sasami have raised her voice towards her father, "If you are not going to allow us...then we don't need your permission...we are leaving and we will save Ryoko!" Sasami said in her unusual strong voice, Sasami look at Tenchi, Yosho and Washu, "Are you with us?" Sasami ask

The three Yoshire woman smiled at Princess Sasami and nod, "We will not miss this" Yosho said smiling, then helping Sasami pull Ayeka to her feet, "We have to hurry Princess Ayeka, If the full moon appears before we get there, and for you to tell her you love her, then we are wasting energy"

After hearing this Ayeka stood straight, not looking back at her parents, they started running towards the castle gate

"WAIT!" Shouted KIng Asuza

Sasami turn around instead of Ayeka, "Father!"

"PINCHAN!" He shouted, the young officer came, "Prepare the fastest Carriage, the fastest horse...we have to stop KAgato...and Save Ryoko"

The Princesses, Washu, Yosho, Tenchi and the Queens look at the King

"If Ryoko is either one of your mothers, i will do the same. Lets go" The KIng said, and he together with the women run towards the place where Jurai's fastest carriage lies.

"Thank you Father" Ayeka mumbled as she run along with the King. King Asuza did not said anything, she just gave her daughter his most sincere smile.

--------------------------------------

Kagato started attacking Ryoko, swinging his sword, Ryoko just dodge every attack. While dodging, Ryoko keep her eyes on the hologram, where Kagato's men are, the men were fighting for their lives. Ryoko's demons started to lurk inside the castle when it smell human blood, and she can see the shadows kill men one by one, there are those who would run but the shadows will stop them...but then as night came, less and less shadows appear.

She look at KAgato's eyes, intense, there is that longing, He wanted her dead...but there is more, she knew that. So intent on thinking, she did not notice the sword came her way, and it peirced her abdomen, she gasp as the pain runs along her spine. Kagato withdrew the sword, and blood started dripping out of her body. Kagato not content started attacking again. A wounded enemy is an easy prey. So he slash and he caught Ryoko's arms, then her legs, Ryoko keeps on dodging, not summoning her own light sword...She doesn't need it.

Kagato stopped to take a breather...and Spoke...That one thing he should have not done

"Once your dead...I will be the King. And do you know how? I will be marrying Princess Ayeka" He look at Ryoko who did not give any response, her eyes the same, sad, hopeless but smiling. "I have dreamt of having Ayeka for long now. Her beautiful face...and that body hiding behind those Kimono? I just can't stop myself from touching her, touching every crevice in her body, making her mine, make her scream my name on our bed-"

Ryoko just can't take this anymore. She cannot have Ayeka, but she cannot leave Ayeka to a monster like Kagato. Ryoko closed her eyes, shaking the fatigue and pain out of her body. She stretch her right hand to the side and summoned her light sword, then she raised her left hand towards KAgato.

Kagato who do not know what Ryoko is doing just smiled, "PLanning stop me?" He said grinning.

His grin stopped when he saw Ryoko's face, Ryoko, the demoness is smirking, then Kagato was starled by an energy blast that came from Ryoko

"YOU!" Kagato shouted as he scrumbled to his feet looking for a place to hide. Ryoko keeps on blasting on him, Kagato have dodge many, and some have wounded him. "I've had Enough!" Kagato shouted, he run towards Ryoko and swing his sword, he's eyes widens when his sword was met by a red light sword.

"I cannot leave Princess Ayeka to a monster like you!" Ryoko said, then with all her strength, she started swinging her own sword. Green versus Red. The power emmanated from each stroke.

In the end...

-----------------------------------

Princess Ayeka's eyes never left the mirror. Her heart and souls praying to Tsunami to keep Ryoko alive until she arrive. Her heart pounding loudly as she saw Ryoko fight with Kagato. Ryoko bleeding, tired...perhaps not just her body, but the whole of her is tired..."Hakubi" she whispered and burried her face on the mirror

"Faster!" Hollered King Asuza once he saw her daughter buried her face to the mirror. The King now is hoping they are not too late.

----------------------------------

Kagato and Ryoko just stand there, on the library, not moving. Keeping an eye on each other, not wanting to miss who will fall first.

It was about after 3 minutes, that one pair of knee gave in, and blood spluttered on the floor. The green sword fell from Kagato's hand, as his body split into two.

While fighting, unbeknowst to Kagato, Ryoko's demon shadow started lurking around the library. After killing the KAgato's men...Ryoko's shadows have now been summoned, Kagato is facing Ryoko, no doubt while fighting, and the curse have not been lifted since the full moon have not yet emerged.

Kagato is in advantage, Ryoko is wounded and tired, and he took that advantage, and the sword penetrated Ryoko's abdomen once more. Kagato was laughing, sure that he have secured his victory over the demon, not noticing the shadow engulfing his feet, and growing behind him.

Kagato frowned when he saw Ryoko smile, blood dripping out of her mouth

"What are you smiling?" He ask

That question have nothing to follow as KAgato felt his torso started squeezing. Looking down, he saw the shadow tearing him into two "no" he whispered

And then there they are standing. Waiting for one to fall. Actually it was Ryoko who is waiting for Kagato's body to finally split in half.

Satisfied, Ryoko smiled, clutching her wounded abdomen she walk towards the couch. She sitted there, and she leaned her head on the couch's back rest. The window to the library is open and she could clearly see the sky...the dark sky. She smiled as she saw the moon starts to climb to its pedestal

"Ayeka" she said, then she close her eyes.

----------------------------------

Ayeka's eyes widens, the moment the carriage entered the Yoshire gate, Ryoko's face disappeared from the mirror, "She disappeared?" She said, her heart pumping to the maximum, "She disappeared from the mirror!" She shouted

Washu, Yosho and Tenchi did not said anyhthing. Tenchi old on to Yosho and started crying. Washu look out of the carriage, tears started to fall from her eyes

"Washu?" Sasami called out

"We are too late" Yosho said, calmly

"NOOOO!!!!" Ayeka shouted. As soon as Princess Ayeka saw the door to the castle, the princess jump out of the carriage and run towards where the library is. The others in pursuit, "Ryoko! PLease TSunami, please don't let Ryoko die, O PLease Tsunami, i love her...please..." Ayeka chanted as she run towards the library, not minding the blood that have spilled on floor, the torn body...

King Asuza have to cover Sasami's eyes for the scene is horrible. And the smell of dead people is too much.

Ayeka finally arrived on the Library, and there she saw Ryoko, sitting peacefully on the couch, her head resting, a smile on her face. If not for the profuse bleeding, one can say the demoness i just sleeping.

"Ryoko?" Ayeka called softly, walking towards the sitting woman, she sat beside Ryoko, "Ryoko" she called again, tagging the woman ligthly.

Then the other's came

"Ayeka?" Sasami called as she walk towards her sister

"Tell me Sasami...Ryoko is just sleeping..yes?"

there was no answer

"Ryoko" Ayeka said, her tears running freely on her face. Washu, Yosho, and Tenchi is just satring. There is nothing they can do, "I love you Ryoko, see...i am here on my own. I love you. I knew i love you before i even knew that i am that woman you fell in love with! PLease Ryoko wake up?"

There was no answer

"PLease!" Ayeka begged louder. But the demoness did not move. Her eys still shut. Her hands cold. Ayeka leaned forward and Kiss Ryoko's lips, her lips were cold. Ayeka buried her face on Ryoko's chest and started crying.

----------------------------------------

Tara's mother held the bottle where Ryoko's soul is kept

Tara is looking at it right now. NO, Ryoko's soul cannot see her, cannot hear her.

"What are you doing here Tara?" Tara's mother ask

"I came here to get Ryoko's soul"

"Why is that?"

"I am returning her soul to her body"

"The time have elapsed. The princess was too late to admit her love for Ryoko. The supremo will own her soul now"

Tara shook her head, "Your wrong mother, Princess Ayeka wasn't late"

Tara's mother look at her quizically.

To prove her mother her point, she grab her special mirror and show it to her mother

(I have to! Because I Love her!)

(I love her Father...i love Ryoko...please....)

Tara's mother's eyes widens. How come she wasn't aware of it. Tara'a mother head bowed as she handed Tara Ryoko's bottle.

-the end-

A/N: Finally!!!!!!! So i'll leave this story until here...since this is patterned tot he fairytale...you'll know what to expect. Thank you very much all!