Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Therapy: Tenchi Style ❯ Ryoko ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Not only do I not own nor plan to make any money off the series Tenchi Muyo, I do not own any parks. I do however, own myself and my rollerblades, and you can't take those away from me!
 
A/N: So, it's Ryoko's session. Read and enjoy!
 
The day was beautiful, not too hot and not too cold: just right. The sky was a most magnificent shade of blue; the wind rustled the treetops as birds sang their merry songs. I could not have chosen a more perfect day to go rollerblading in the park. Too make things even better the park was almost completely empty of human life forms. True perfection.
 
Well it was complete perfection until I had a major wipe-out due to a crazy looking woman landing directly in front of me from out of thin air. As I picked myself off the asphalt trail, I pulled the debris from myself and gently dabbed at the hole in my jeans which was producing blood. I had busted my knee pretty nicely. Remember kids: always wear a helmet and pads when using roller blades.
 
“Are you okay?” the strange, bluish-white-haired lady asked as I stiffly made my way to a bench.
 
“I guess I'm all right,” I fumed. “I just ruined a pair of jeans and I'm pouring blood, but I'm just peachy keen.”
 
“I don't know why you were flying, much less how, but be careful where you land next time!” I was most definitely not a happy camper as I sat on a bench and began removing my skates.
 
“Hey, look. I'm sorry,” came what might have been a sincere apology.
 
I sighed loudly. “Well, all right then.”
 
The time it took me to remove my skates passed in complete silence before my companion spoke again. “You are Mar, aren't you?” What an odd question? It almost seemed this flying demon had been looking for me in particular and not just any random person to scare out of their wits.
 
“Well, yeah. The last time I checked, my name was Mar,” I responded curiously. “So…how do you know my name and why are you, a flying,” I paused and looked her up and down before shrugging, “whatever, looking for me?”
 
Laughter accompanied a reply. “My name is Ryoko, the space pirate. I heard about you from Kiyone and Mihoshi.”
 
“Really, now? So how are they doing?” I had to know if my advice was at least being tested among this group of aliens. If not, I could just give any advice and they would leave me alone. If they were unfortunately using my advice and found it helpful, I knew I was going to have to actually do some work and give at least semi-accurate advice.
 
“They do seem to be getting along better.”
 
I sighed, a weary sigh, receiving a very strange look from Ryoko. “Sorry, just tired,” I lied. “I'm glad I could help them.” I forced an exhausted smile.
 
“Yes, well that's why I wanted to see you.”
 
“To tell me Kiyone and Mihoshi are getting along better?” I couldn't seem to stop my smart reply.
 
Thankfully, Ryoko laughed, “No!” And like a light switch, she was serious, lowering her voice a bit though no one was within sight. The park seemed eerily dead. “I came to you for advice on a decision I'm trying to make.”
 
“Oh?” I encouraged her to continue. I wasn't going anywhere for a while, thanks to the throbbing in my knee, so I might as well make some money while I sat there. Mihoshi and Kiyone did tell Ryoko payments for my sessions could be made in U.S. dollars, gold, and I do accept diamonds, right? I expect to be richly compensated for the crap I have to put up with.
 
“Well, you see,” Ryoko started again solemnly. “I'm really tired of everything. I'm tired of fighting Princess Ayeka for Tenchi. I'm tired of my mother's endless chatter. I'm tired of Kiyone's perfectionism. I'm tired of father, Tenchi's that is, and Mihoshi's ditzy-ness.
 
“I guess what it boils down to is that I'm basically tired of being on this earth,” Ryoko finished, heaving a long sigh.
 
While the first bit of Ryoko's speech was really nothing new to hear from a therapist's perspective, the last was rather alarming! She wasn't really…. Was she? I found myself to be frowning slightly as I cleared my throat, searching for words.
 
“Ryoko,” I used my soothing voice, “From time to time we all encounter…obstacles that make our life challenging. While these obstacles are sometimes difficult to overcome, they're not worth giving up completely. Challenges and our response to them make us who we are, give us the strength to carry on, and help us to appreciate the good things in our lives. Without challenges, life becomes rather meaningless no matter how pleasant. Trust me, it's not worth throwing in the towel.” I hoped more than ever that my message was getting through.
 
Ryoko's expression was very serious indeed. “It's not like I want to leave everyone forever. I do really like Tenchi and the others are all right in small doses. I just want a few months' break is all.”
 
Blinking, I cautiously pressed, “So…you're not planning on doing what I think you are?” I paused. “Right?”
 
My client seemed taken aback. “What do you think I'm planning?”
 
“I-…well,” even I couldn't help but stammer. “I thought you might,” I tried to phrase this delicately, “off yourself.”
 
“Off myself?” Ryoko still looked confused. “You mean?” she finished by drawing a line across her throat with a pointer finger.
 
Frowning, I nodded. “Yeah, that.”
 
Suddenly, Ryoko burst into laughter. “No! Nothing that drastic!” She continued laughing. “I was just thinking of taking a galactic vacation with Rio-ohki.”
 
“Rio-ohki?” I questioned, relieved the situation wasn't as dire as I had at first thought.
 
Ryoko nodded and pointing at something in the open field across the track from us, repeated, “Rio-ohki. She's my cabbit.”
 
I was almost afraid to ask. “What's a cabbit?”
 
Ryoko smiled as she explained. “My mother crossed a rabbit with a cat with a spaceship. Rio-ohki is my ship. The best there is.” She was fairly beaming with pride.
 
“Oh-kay,” I smiled back. I had been right. I really didn't want to know.
 
Watching the cute, furry critter in the field hop along chasing butterflies, I spoke again. “So, you and Rio-ohki are going to just leave our planet for a few months before coming back, correct?” Ryoko nodded her head in my peripheral vision.
 
“Well, as long as there are no laws against your plan, you don't hurt anyone's feelings and aren't simply running away, I agree with your plan. Take a break to relax and come back shortly.”
 
“Wow,” Ryoko seemed a tad surprised and somewhat stunned. “I guess that's what I'll do then,” she smiled brightly again before calling, “Rio-ohki!”
 
As I watched, the cabbit quickly joined us at the bench, meowing happily.
 
Glancing at my knee, Ryoko spoke. “I hope your wound heals quickly.”
 
With a sigh, I nodded. “Yeah. Me, too.”
 
“Well,” Ryoko smiled at the critter in her arms. “Ready to go, Rio-ohki?”
 
“Meeow!”
 
Shaking my head, I watched as Ryoko, laughing rose into the air with the cabbit in her arms.
 
After looking around to make sure no one would be scarred for life after seeing Ryoko float away, I began limping to my car in my skates' inner boots. I needed an ice pack and a gauze pad in the worst kind of way.
 
A/N: Did you like? Should I write more? Let me know. I love feedback of any kind so long as it is honest. So…REVIEW!!!!