Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Factory ❯ Welcome to the Factory ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Welcome to the Factory
I: Pandora
Foreigner. Eighteen year old Pandora Wolf looked all around her. Tokyo in the flesh. It looked just as magnificent as it did in the pictures; if not better. She was here at last. The flight from England had been worth it. Now that she was here, it was time to expand and grow.
Pandora looked at her watch. 10 am already. If she went now, she could catch the first cab into the city. The first one pulled up in a rush. The driver rolled down the window.
“Where to?” he asked. Pandora smiled at him warmly.
“Just anywhere,” she replied. The driver smiled back at her.
“Okay,” he said. “Hop in!” Pandora climbed into the cab with her luggage. The driver pulled out to drive off. Here begins the journey into the experienced. No turning back here!
II: This Charming Man:
Andy Teach had this strange charm to him. No one could resist his alluring ways. When Andy spoke, people fell under his spell instantly. Everyone knew he would go far in life.
Andy had a normal childhood. Father worked in a steel factory and mother taught art. Andy's father died when he was eighteen months old. The boy developed a close bond with his free-spirited mother. However, this bond could be viewed as odd. Some called it an Oedipus complex. There is no evidence to back this up. It's all speculation really.
All was normal until Andy got into junior high. His mother died on his birthday in a hit-and-run accident after he started sixth grade. For a short period, Andy became restless with his life. Then, the boy discovered himself through his mother's first love, art. The boy took interests in many things over the years. If he fancied someone, he would work his charm on them in like magic. Many girls had a crush on him in high school. And pretty much did as he pleased throughout his teen years and 20's. Who could say no to such a charming man? Everything practically fell right into his lap. Money, jobs, dates, resources. He had it all. But what to do with it over time?
Andy always wanted to be different. He did his best to achieve that goal. His style, methods, and work met off-beat standards always. He could be called a trend-setter by all of peers. He led by nature. That plus his charm and talent led to a chemical reaction. Thus, the birth of the factory.
III: June 1st, 2060:
Pandora sat in the cab looking out the back window as she rode past. The driver watched her for a moment.
“You a college freshman?” he asked. Pandora looked at him surprised.
“You can tell?” she asked. The driver nodded.
“Where are you going to school here?” he asked.
“Tokyo Sakura Art University,” Pandora answered slipping into an English accent. The driver perked up some.
“Oh you're English?” he asked.
“Yeah!” Pandora called.
“So what are you studying here?” the driver asked.
“Designing,” the girl replied.
“Clothes?” he asked.
“Yes,” Pandora replied.
“I see,” the driver answered. Pandora watched the road ahead of her. Japan was so new to her. She just transferred schools from England. Pandora always wanted to be a fashion designer ever since she was a little girl. Fashion and art were her two favorite things. But, London life didn't cut it for her. Pandora wanted much more. Enter Japan. Pandora acquired a love for it at the age of thirteen. Since then, she wanted to know all about it. So now, here she was. In Japan at long last. The cab driver smiled at her warmly.
“Say,” he spoke up. “Today is opening day at TSAU. They usually have a really famous artist come out and speak to the students.” Pandora looked up at those words right away.
“Really?” she asked.
“Yeah,” the driver replied. “In fact, we can take a shortcut and I can get you to the lecture just seconds before it starts!” The girl's eyes lit up right away.
“Could you?” she asked in a matching tone.
“Certainly!” the driver said in confidence. Pandora's excitement shot up higher.
“Well then,” she replied. “Go, go, go!”
“With joy!” the driver answered. Then, the driver drove right to the shortcut and stepped on the gas.
IV: Recruit:
Test room 1A filled up quickly. Andy Teach would be the speaker semester. The school had to pull many strings to get him here. Pain in the ass, that it was. But all worth it. Pandora made it to the lecture hall just in time. She took a seat on the front row.
In one minute, Andy came out to the stage. He looked out at all of the new students. They all looked the same to him. However, one student in particular caught his eye. Pandora sat on the front row waiting. Andy studied her for a moment. Pandora wasn't homely or comely. Just a typical Plain Jane. But yet, something about her held his attention hostage the whole lecture. Pandora felt the same way. She didn't know who he was, but Andy worked his magic on her without trying. She hung onto his every word. It was as if they were the only people in the room. No one else mattered.
The lecture finished just in time. Pandora was surprised when it was over. “It's over already?” she thought. No, girl. It's only beginning! In seconds, Pandora noticed that someone was standing over her. She slowly looked up and saw Andy looking over her. Pandora looked away in a rush. He turned her face towards him. The freshman got a good look at the man. His fierce rum eyes had her own locked on him at all times.
“Do you know who I am?” Andy asked her. Pandora felt like she was staring at God. The girl could barely speak. She just shook her head at him. Andy smiled at her.
“I am Andy Teach,” he replied. “What's your name?”
“Pandora,” she said quickly. “Pandora Wolf!” Andy lightly shushed her.
“What are you studying here?” he questioned.
“Designing fashion!” Pandora called. Andy smirked right at her.
“Interesting,” he replied. “I could use someone like you at my factory sometime.” Then, the pop artist let go of her face.
“We'll keep in touch,” Andy finished. “I know where to find you.” Then, he left the test room. Pandora sat all alone at the desk. She stared blankly at his back. What just happened?
“Uh…” Pandora replied. And just like that, she had fallen under his spell. Here started the road to experience.
V: The Factory:
What was this factory exactly? It started out as an abandoned warehouse. Andy bought it two years ago out of boredom. He turned it into his personal little art studio. The was where the magic took place. Now, Andy didn't think of the ideas himself. People just handed them to him. He only brought them to life. Simple as that.
The factory had no electricity. So, Andy did most of his work during the day. Sometimes, by candlelight. Either way, it all worked out. The results were all that mattered.
People lived in this factory as well. Nobody seemed to want to leave. Why would they? The factory was the place to help spread out to fame in the art world. To be successful, one would have to go out Indie or underground. The factory qualified for that status too well. Well, the factory prepared for its newest arrival.
VI: Run Rabbit Run:
Pandora made it to the factory that evening. Andy slipped her the address and a key in her bag before he left. One could imagine the girl's surprise when she found the items by lunch. She had no choice but to go. Turns out, the factory was in walking distance of Tokyo Sakura Art University. Pandora found herself at Andy's front door in no time. She drew in a deep breath. “Here goes!” the freshman thought. Pandora pulled out her key and unlocked the door.
Inside looked like a strange room. Paintings and films all over the place. Pandora looked around surprised. She had never seen so much art before in her life. Tradition met pop here. Pandora lightly ran her hand along a life-size portrait of a geisha. Shock met her face instantly. “Oh wow!” she thought. “This is made of real silk!
“You like it?” someone asked behind her. Pandora whipped right around startled. Andy stood behind her like a vampire closing in on his prey. He looked over at the geisha.
“You can have it if you want,” he offered. Pandora raised an eyebrow at him.
“You mean it?” she asked.
“Yeah!” Andy answered with a nod. The freshman still couldn't believe it.
“For how?” she asked.
“No charge,” he replied.
“Really?” Pandora asked.
“Really,” Andy answered. Pandora stared at him stared.
“Okay,” she said at last. “I'll take it.” Andy smiled at her like a hungry wolf.
“Good,” he said. Pandora breathed out some. Andy looked down at her shoes. She sported red glittery kitten heel sandals. Her white ankle socks highlighted the red sparkle of the shoes.
“Interesting heels you have,” Andy commented. Pandora blushed as she looked down at her own shoes.
“I just grabbed these at random!” she said modestly. Andy shook his head at her.
“No,” he replied. “Be proud of your heels. They are who you are.” Pandora looked at him with big eyes.
“You mean it?” she asked. Andy leaned in close to her ear.
“Your heels are like your designs,” he whispered. “Be proud of them.”
“Which?” Pandora asked.”My heels or my designs?”
“Both!” Andy called. Then, he headed up the stairs for the night. Pandora stared at him confused. That did it for her. Andy had her sold. Pandora was now part of his flock.
VII: The Pieces:
Andy wasn't the only one to get a good look at Pandora. The girl came back to Earth when she heard someone say, “Well looky here!” She jerked her head up in a rush. Two women were staring right at her. They looked to be about in their thirties. Buxom women they were. The left one's hair composed of lush dark mahogany curls to her waist. She looked like a queen in her royal dark purple long flowing skirt and tight black corset. Her heavy make-up completed her look. The woman on the right had long straight blonde hair. Lady in red couldn't describe her more. She too looked like a harlot. They stared the freshman up and down. Pandora did the same to them.
“Can I help you?” she asked. The women smirked at her.
“Are you Andy's new little student?” red asked. Pandora stared at them blinking for a moment.
“Yes,” she answered confused. “Why? Who are you?” The women smirked at her again. They each stepped forward.
“Jamaica!” purple said boldly.
“Savannah!” red answered like-wise. Pandora stood boldly.
“Pandora,” she replied. “Pandora Wolf.” The women giggled at her.
“Tell me Pandora,” Savannah spoke again. “What exactly do you do?”
“I'm a fashion designer student,” the freshman replied. The women smirked at her again. Pandora watched in silence.
“Why?” she asked. “Is that bad?” The women giggled at her.
“What do you think?” Savannah questioned. Pandora thought about that for a moment.
“No,” she replied at last.
“Well then,” Jamaica replied. “There's your answer.” Then, they walked away into the blackened factory. Pandora stared at them confused.
“What was that all about?” she asked herself. What a strange place this was.
VIII: Dorothy:
Strange land. Just like Oz this factory was. Pandora became Dorothy. Three interesting people she had met in the course of one day. Well, there would be more where that came from. Stick around and see.
Go Black