Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Factory ❯ Cracks in the Glass ( Chapter 63 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Cracks in the Glass

I: The Good News:

Kiko got the call in the morning.

“Hello?” she asked as she first woke up. The news alone was enough to wake her up. Kiko sat up straight in her bed.

“When was this?” she asked. “I will be right over!” The woman jumped out of bed and walked over to the closet. It didn't take her long for be out of the house.

---------

The morning nurse was treating the VIP patient as usual. She had just changed the IV when she heard breathing. The nurse thought that she heard mumbling behind the mask.

“Hm?” the nurse asked. She looked down at the patient. Kei started slowly opening her eyes. The nurse dropped her chart.

“Oh my…” she said. She turned and ran out of the room.

“Doctor!” the nurse yelled. “Doctor, come quick! Doctor! Doctor!”

II: Lost Little Girl:

Conrad and Simon ran down the hall.

“Slow down!” a doctor yelled at them. The men didn't listen. They had to see her. A couple nurses chased them down.

“You can't go back there!” one of them yelled. The men made it back to Kei's room. Kiko was already sitting on the foot of the bed.

“You're here,” she said.

“How is she?” Simon asked.

“Why don't you come and see?” Kiko said. Simon and Conrad shuffled into the room. Kei was sitting up in the raised up bed.

“Kei?” Conrad asked. The heiress looked up. Her eyes lit up.

“Conrad?” she asked. The boys looked overjoyed. Kiko had a nervous look on her face. Kei looked at her sister and friends for a moment. A confused look came over her face.

“Nee-san, why do you look so old?” she asked. Kiko stared at her for a moment.

“What are you talking about?” she asked.

“You look so much older,” Kei said. She turned her head and looked at the mirror across the room.

“Why do I look so old?” she asked. Kiko, Conrad, and Simon looked at each other confused.

“Baby… are you okay?” Conrad asked.

“Do you know who are?” Kiko asked.

“Yes,” Kei said. Her sister leaned in closer to her.

“You are the owner of 9 Records,” she said. Kei gave her a confused look.

“I own 9 Records?” she asked. “How can I? I am only thirteen years old.” Her sister and friends all look at each other with worry on their faces.

III: Wedding Reconciliation:

Seiji and Louise got married at a courthouse. He told her everything about Toshiko. He didn't know why he did this. It just felt like something that had to happen. At first, Louise stared at him with a cold look on her face.

“And it's over now?” she asked.

“Yes,” he said.

“And she's gone now?” Louise asked.

“Yes,” Seiji said. He wanted for her to scream at him. She has a cold look on her face. The woman finished her Coke.

“You are marrying me,” she said.

“I'm sorry, what?” Seiji asked.

“Prove to me it's over by marrying me,” Louise said. He didn't really feel like he had a choice. So they went to the courthouse the next day. Seiji couldn't tell what his fianc�e was thinking. She didn't look mad or anything. But he wasn't convinced that she was taking this well either. How was she going to make him pay after this?

Nevertheless, they were married by afternoon. And that was it.

IV: Coming Home:

Kiko drove Kei home. The doctors explained that brain damage was the reason that her memory got set back to when she was younger.

“Is there any way that it can be fixed?” Kiko asked.

“It will take time,” the doctor told her. “Maybe just have her in familiar surroundings. She needs you right now.” It hurt to see her sister like this. What was Kei doing up in Hokkaido anyway? Kiko sighed and rubbed her forehead behind the wheel. Meanwhile, Kei looked out the window like an excited puppy. This was going to take work. Kiko was going to need to hire care and run 9 Records.

“Hey, Kei-chan,” she said.

“Hm?” the childlike girl asked. Kiko clutched the steering wheel.

“Let's just spend the day together, okay?” she asked. Kei turned her head.

“Really? You mean it?” she asked.

“Uh-huh,” Kiko said, nodding.

“Okay!” Kei said. She cuddled up on her sister's shoulder. Kiko sighed.

“Yes, yes,” she said. “I love you too, sis.”

They made it back home before lunch.

V: Bleeding Money:

-Three Weeks Before Kei's Accident-

Violet and Ian looked at the finances. The director shook his head.

“This isn't looking good,” he said. “I mean, I can put in more money, but I would be dipping into my savings at this point. I doubt that's going to be enough.”

“Now what?” Violet asked. He shrugged and shook his head.

“Do you have any ideas?” Ian asked. The artist put up her hands and shook her head. Toshiko leaving would made things worse. Ian sighed.

“We've got no choice,” he said. The director pulled out his phone.

“Wait, who are you calling?” Violet asked.

“Back-up,” Ian said.

“Who would that be?” she asked.

“Just some people I met in Okinawa a few years ago,” he said. “Hello?” Violet watched as a knot formed in her stomach. Ian might have just made things worse.

VI: Innocence:

-Present Day-

Kei wandered around the apartment with an amazed look on her face. She used to find this place so boring. Kiko walked in after her sister. Seeing Kei running around, acting like an excited little child made her smile. They were going to have to take it one step at a time.

“Hey, are you hungry?” Kiko asked. Kei paused and turned around.

“Huh?” she asked.

“Do you want something to eat?” the older sister asked.

“Oh… sure,” Kei said.

“What would you like to eat?” Kiko asked. Her sister broke into a huge grin.

“Yakiniku!” she said. Kiko had to hold back a laugh.

“Okay,” she said. “I'll order us some take out.”

“Sweet!” Kei shouted. The older sister smiled and pulled out her phone.

VII: Bleeding:

Ian's solution is just a bandage. So far, they didn't have any other ideas. Violet and Ian were trying to patch everything up until this project was over. That's kind of hard to do with the stars couldn't stop drinking, partying, and getting high. Toshiko leaving just made things more complicated. It looked like they were going to need more people to stop this mess from ballooning even further.

Violet decided it was time for her to make a call for help herself. Ian didn't complain.

“Do what you need to do,” he said.

“Thank you,” the artist said. She made her call.

VIII: Uncertain Journey:

Lost memories and losing money. Both sides of Tokyo haven't caught on to the end that they are steering to. People are starting to leave before it gets worse. But will the others see it before it's too late?

Black Amnesia