Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Tenshi Trail: Shin Heart ❯ Vol. One, Chapter Twelve: Pet ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Pet
Cherry wanted to get Sakura a present. But she didn't know what to get the tenshi-chi. The possibilities seemed so endless. This gift had to be a special one. Clothes, jewelry, and other material things would not cut it for the tenshi-chi nurse. So far, Cherry had come up with nothing. Time to turn for help. And the cupid-chan knew just where to turn. She walked right into the corridor and looked around.
“Ed!” Cherry called out. “Are you here?” So far, no answer. The cupid-chan kept looking around. “Ed!” she called again. “Edward? You here?” Suddenly, she heard snoring in the room. Cherry looked straight forward. She found the hacker lying asleep on the couch. Cherry smiled to herself in success. She walked right over to the other girl. The cupid-chan lightly shook her awake.
“Hey, Ed! Wake up! Wake up!” Cherry whispered. “Hey! Hey!” The hacker turned over in her sleep mumbling. The cupid-chan shook her again.
“Ed, get up!” she whispered loudly. “I need your help on something!” The hacker lazily woke up on that one. She mumbled something under her breath. Cherry smiled at her still.
“Ed,” she said politely. “I need your help with something.” The hacker looked at her still half-asleep on that one.
“What is it?” she asked in a matching tone. Cherry really perked up at that one.
“I want to get Sakura-sama a gift today!” she chirped. Ed really woke up at that one. A huge smile came onto her face.
“Great!!!” she called. “Cher-Cher's getting tenshi lady a present!”
“Yes,” Cherry replied. “But I don't know what to get her! Can't you help me?” Ed smiled at her brightly.
“YEAH!!!” she called out loud. Cherry smiled at her brightly. She clapped her hands together with a big smile.
“Yay!” she called out. “Let's go!”
“Yeah!” Ed agreed. In seconds, both girls were out and about in the city. Edward brought her mini-computer that Foxtrot as a bribery gift to keep her quiet about sneaking out at night. Cherry looked around the city and took in a deep breath. She turned to her traveling companion.
“Where to Ed?” she asked like a brave captain on a ship. Ed turned on her mini-computer and got to work. Cherry waited in excitement. This was her fight time out in the city on her own in a long time. She had almost forgotten what it looked. The cupid-chan thought that she would squeal all over in delight. But, Cherry forced herself to focus. “No! This is not the time for sight-seeing!” she thought. “I came to get Sakura-sama a gift! I must focus!
“Got it!” Ed called aloud. Cherry looked down right away.
“Really?” she asked. “What do you have?” Ed grinned at her brightly.
“Look, look!” she said turning the computer to the screen to her companion. Cherry read it quietly to herself. A bright smile came onto her face. Ed had picked out a pet shop to purchase the gift. Now, the cupid-chan had a little bit of a reservation about this one. “Spike hates critters,” she thought. “Ein's enough as it is. But anything for Sakura-sama!
“Well,” Ed spoke up. “Good-good?” Cherry's eyes lit up at that question.
“Yeah!” she answered at last. “Good-good! Let's go!” The girls headed out again. They came to the pet shop of Ed's choice. Not many people around on this Sunday morning. The clerk looked half-asleep as well. He didn't seem to care if the store were to get robbed or not. One could doubt that he even noticed the girls even coming into the store. Cherry looked all around her. So many creatures seemed to beg her to take them home with her. The cupid-chan didn't even know where to start. They couldn't get another dog. Ein was enough right there. Besides, Spike wouldn't approve. A cat? They had one last time and Ein didn't like that one too well. Maybe… something smaller. Cherry went over to the smaller pets. They too pleaded to go home as well. The cupid-chan looked on once again. Where to choose? Fish? Nah, they would probably get eaten up in a heartbeat. A rabbit? That's an idea… But then, she saw him!
A little white ferret stood up scratching at its cage. Cherry couldn't take her eyes off of it. Clean white fur, tiny claws, sun caramel drop eyes, and thin little whiskers. “Take me home!” it seemed to plead to her. Cherry walked a little closer to it. She stared deep into the little creature's eyes. Right away, it had her sold. She looked up at her companion.
“Ed!” she yelled out. “Found the right one for Sakura-sama!” Ed looked up at her smiling.
“Yay!” she called out. “Let me see! Let me see! Let me see!”
“Come and look!” Cherry replied. Ed raced over to her chipper. She too looked upon the cute little ferret. It cast the same spell that it did with Cherry on the hacker with its cuteness. Right away, Edward was sold as well. The girls turned to each other right away.
“Let's get him!” they said together aloud. So, the girls walked over to the store clerk. He still looked nearly out-cold asleep. Cherry lightly poked him awake. The young man woke up right away startled.
“Huh? Wha?” he asked aloud. The clerk looked down and saw the girls looking at him grinning. He quickly changed to a professional mode.
“What can I do for you girls?” he asked them. Cherry's face lit up at that question.
“We would like to buy that ferret back there!” she replied. The store clerk looked at where she was pointing. The ferret seemed to have charmed him as well. He didn't have to think about the answer at all.
“No problem,” he replied. Then, the clerk went to the back at the little creature. The girls watched him do so. The clerk returned with the ferret in a smaller cage. He handed it over to Ed and Cherry.
“That will be two hundred wolongs,” the store clerk replied. “Cash or charge?” Ed already had the answer to that one.
“Charge it to papa's account!” she yelled out. The girl had hacked into a rich businessman's account that she had found online days ago. Cherry wasn't sure that this plan would work, but Ed didn't mind at all. The clerk smiled at them without a thought in the world.
“No problem!” he called. The girls made the purchase and left the pet store with their new pet. They made it all the way back to Bebop just in time. Sakura and Spike sat in the living room talking. Cherry's eyes lit up in joy. “Perfect!” she thought. “They're both here!” The girls stepped forward. The couple looked up and saw the girls. Sakura smiled at them warmly.
“Hello there!” she greeted them. “And where have you two been?” Cherry and Ed walked forward smiling with the cage in their hands.
“We got a present for tenshi-lady!” Ed yelled out. Sakura looked slightly surprised.
“A present for me?” she asked.
“Yep-yep!” the hacker called out. The girls handed her the cage. Sakura and Spike looked inside. The ferret looked up at them both with its sweet little eyes. Sakura's eyes lit up in overwhelming joy.
“OHHHHH!!!!!!!!!” she cried out loud. “It's so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!” She turned to her boyfriend.
“Don't you think it's cute, Spike-kun?” the tenshi-chi asked aloud. The cowboy snorted at it bitterly. “Oh great, more critters! As if Ein wasn't enough around here!” he thought in the same attitude. But he said nothing just to keep Sakura happy. Why ruin her joy because of his dislike towards pets? It's just as Cherry predicted. Sakura loves the ferret, but Spike hates it!
See You in Space, Cupid