Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Tenshi Trail: Shin Heart ❯ Vol. Two, Chapter Seventeen: The Hikari is Shone ( Chapter 17 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

The Hikari is Shone
Quent walked Mandy to the apartment that she was staying in with the other interns and T.J. He had just taken her out to the movies. (His treat, of course.) This relationship was now in its fifth week of existence. Mandy had done her alone to keep it a secret. She didn't want to think about how the boys would react if they found out that she was dating a vampire. They might even try to break them up. No, Mandy couldn't have that. Quent kept asking why they couldn't hang out at her place. The girl always came ready with different excuses. Mandy was even ready for the next time he would try and ask to go inside. Tonight, he just kept his mouth shut about it. Mandy was relaxed for a moment, but the girl still kept up her guard. He could be rather persuasive. That boy had been working on her for the past five weeks. What if the vampire decided to work on her now to get inside the apartment. She shuddered all over at the scenario.
“Is something wrong?” a voice asked her. Mandy quickly turned to her left and saw a pair of cold black eyes staring into her green ones. The girl felt her knees turn to jelly. She felt as if he was draining her soul. The girl slowly shook her head.
“N-No,” she said. “Nothing is wrong?” Quent eyed her as if he wasn't too certain.
“Are you sure?” he asked. Mandy nodded her head like a bobble head doll.
“Yeah, yeah,” she said. “I'm good.” Quent said nothing. He just leaned in and gently kissed her on the lips. Mandy felt like falling all to pieces. All she could do was give into the kiss as well. Quent took her into his arms and held her close to his body. His hand caressed along her right breasts. Normally, Mandy would slap a boy for during such a thing. But, Quent was not a normal guy.
Inside, Soot had his face pressed up against the glass. A grin had planted itself across his face. Oh, this was gold that he was witnessing here. “Oh boy!” Soot thought as he lightly stamped his feet on the floor. Bemmer happened to walk in with some new yaoi manga in his hands when he saw his co-worker looking in the window so intently. He quietly walked up behind him.
“See something interesting?” he whispered. Soot didn't turn around.
“Shhh,” he whispered. “Here comes the good part!” Bemmer looked on outside with him. His eyes widened like helium balloons.
“Is that…” he began to ask.
“Yeah,” Soot said. Bemmer blinked for a moment.
“Who is that with her?” he asked. His buddy shrugged.
“You tell me and we'll both know,” he replied. Bemmer sat down next to him for a better look. Then, Daisuke walked into the room. He looked around at the other two boys.
“What'cha doing?” the boy asked. The boys didn't look up. They didn't even speak. Soot only pointed out the window. Daisuke had to take a point. His eyes widened super fast.
“Is that…” he began to ask.
“Yes,” Soot and Bemmer said together. Daisuke looked on still.
“Is she…” he began to ask again.
“Yes!” his co-workers said.
“Hm,” Daisuke replied. He sat down next to the boys for a closer look himself. They kept watching in the window as Mandy and Quent were still kissing.
Outside, the party was interrupted. Mandy happened to open her eyes and peek over at the window. Her mood flushed into rage. Quent broke off the kiss when he sensed the change.
“Something wrong?” he whispered. Mandy didn't say a word. She just pointed to the window, instead. Quent looked and saw the boys staring back at them. Mandy's co-workers quickly ducked down.
“Oh shit!” Shoot mumbled. “They saw us.” Mandy had that same thought in her head. So much for keeping it a secret. So now, everyone was sitting in the living room Mandy and Quent sat on the couch on one side while the boys sat on the other. Either one spoke at first. Daisuke began to at first, but then he closed his mouth. Mandy tapped her foot as she gripped her teeth.
“Well…” she began to say. Her words got lost from there. Silence followed for a few seconds more.
“So you two are…” Daisuke began to ask.
“Yes!” Mandy and Quent said together in unison. The boy blinked for a second.
“Ah,” he said. More silence came.
“For how long?” Soot asked. Mandy bit her lip, nervously.
“Five weeks…” she mumbled. Soot pretended that he didn't hear her right.
“I'm sorry, when?” he asked.
“Five weeks.”
“When again?”
“FIVE WEEKS, DAMN IT!!! YOU KNOW YOU HEARD ME THE FIRST TIME, DUMBASS! WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU GO AND PLAY LIKE THAT?!?” Soot held up his hands in defense.
“Okay, okay,” he said. “Just being certain!”
“What I don't get is why you kept this hottie to yourself,” Bemmer spoke up. “You're not embarrassed by him or anything, are you?” Mandy sighed as she looked down at the floor.
“No,” she mumbled.
“Then why the secrecy?” he asked. Mandy sighed again.
“Because,” she began. “You guys are always snooping on other relationships. Plus, you're all judgmental. I just didn't want the headache of that. And, he's a vampire.” A moment of silence passed. The boys looked at her, confused.
“That all?” Soot asked. Mandy nodded.
“Pretty stupid, huh?” she asked. The boys only looked at her.
“Have you…” Daisuke began to say.
“No,” Mandy said. “Not yet.” Nobody spoke up again. Bemmer turned to Quent.
“You good to her?” he asked. Quent tightly held her hand. Mandy trembled a bit. The vampire only nodded his head once.
“Yes,” he said. The boys looked among each other for a moment. Their eyes all seemed to talk among each other. The couple waited in silence with hands held. Mandy's heart pumped against her chest. She began to fear the worst again. Please don't try to break us up or seduce him away from us. Soot, Bemmer, and Daisuke all turned back to the couple.
“As long he is good to you Mandy,” Bemmer spoke up. “We don't care.” Mandy blinked at them.
“That's it?” she asked. They all nodded.
“Yeah,” Soot replied.
“Really?” Mandy asked.
“Yeah,” Daisuke replied. “I guess. What else do you want?” Mandy looked down at her feet in surprise.
“Wow,” she mouthed. This actually turned out nicer than what she had played out in her head. But, she decided to still keep her eyes on all of her boys. They just can't be trusted…
Watch Out, Intern