The Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Desires ❯ Dark Desires ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dark Desires
By Liera Antionette
 
Author's Notes: This is my first Legend of Zelda fic based off my favorite game; The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. The events in this story will be leading up to the destruction of Ganondorf. I will have two original characters in here by the name of Emerald Hyrule, younger sister Zelda, and Kaya Hyrule because I couldn't find out what Zelda's mother real name was! XP Also, Sheik will no longer Zelda's alter ego, but an actual person! *gasp* Shock to some, I know, but he will also be the boy he was meant to be! An even bigger shock than the first!
He is Emerald's guardian like Impa is to Zelda. As much as Sheik and Link dislike each other in this fic, they actually work pretty well together. They make the greatest team in this fic in my opinion! The Triforce of Power will be spilt into two and Emerald will own half while Ganon has the other half. Weird huh? Dark Link will be undergoing a bit of tweaking like his name will just be Dark later on and this should prove to be a worthy fanfic. I wrote this story when I broke up with someone I have loved for a long time so I hope you all enjoy!
 
Disclaimers: Sorry! I do not own the Legend of Zelda! If I did, then Zelda would have been killed and Link and Sheik would be together.!
 
Prologue
 
Hi! My name is Emerald Hyrule, younger sister to Zelda Hyrule by two years. She is also the holder of the Triforce of Wisdom. I am a half fairy due to my mother, Kaya Hyrule, who was a whole fairy. I have green hair that comes down to my thighs and I have blue eyes. My age is twenty while my sister is twenty -two. I may not seem much like in the fight between Ganondorf, my older sister, and Link, whose the Hero of Time, whose also the holder of the Triforce of Courage and he's the same age as me, and also my sister's boyfriend, but in fact I hold the other half to the Triforce of Power while Ganondorf holds the other half. Pretty messed up, huh? What makes it worse is that the other holders of the Triforce don't even know I am the real carrier. Well…I fight with the Hero of Time and I have fought a lot more battles than my sister has.
 
Link loves Zelda and I am a little envious of her because she has someone I have always dreamed of loving me. Well moving along…I have a Sheikah guardian by the name of Sheik and he's the same age as me as well. He is very kind although he fights like a demon and has guarded me for as long as I can remember. Well! It's about time we've started with the story isn't it? Before this story starts, I'll tell you where we are. We are currently taking up residence in Kokiri Forest with the Shadow Sage Impa, who is also my sister's Sheikah guardian, the Spirit Sage and Gerudo thief, Nabooru, Link, Sheik, my sister Zelda, me, and the Forest Sage Saria are all trying to devise a plan to defeat Ganon, as he is called, once and for all. Now to let the story finally begin…
 
Story's Start
 
Link listened as the gang debated if they should go attack Ganon directly or if they should go find a relic that is said to contain limitless power to stop the Evil King in his tracks once and for all. Sheik stood by the door where Emerald was kept from their bickering. Link never understood why she would distant herself from the plans when she too was apart of the Great War. Nabooru slammed her fist into the table as Impa closed her red eyes. “So what you're telling me is that we should sit around and do nothing while Ganon sits all high and mighty on a throne that rightfully belongs to our princess!? What a ridiculous outrage!” Saria had placed her small hand over Nabooru's clenched fist. “Calm yourself. Princess Zelda shall come up with a plan.” Sheik chuckled from under his scarves. No one really knew what was held under those scarves...under his one visible gleaming red eye that all Sheikah seemed to share. “Princess Zelda will surely live up to the title of Leader of the Sages…but what will become of the Princess that actually fights side by side with the Hero of Time?” They all looked at Sheik who seemingly had a good point. Impa opened her eyes and glared at the young Sheikah. “You are wise Sheik, but it is Princess Emerald's will to fight and it is that will that will determine what happens to her.” As usual, Impa's comment had silenced the room making Sheik roll his eye and snort.
 
Link pushed himself away from the table and let them continue bicker about what the plan should be. It really didn't matter to him as long as he could finally fight and kill Ganon for what he had done to his lover. He looked at Sheik before walking into the room where Emerald kept herself locked up in while staying in Kokiri Forest. When he opened the door, his long elfin ears were filled with Emerald's mournful poem along with the playing of her harp that was sitting in the room with her. "A loveless petal on the breeze of the gentle wind, my heart skips a beat when I think of you. A heartless lust is what I feel, never the less though I still long for you. My heart aches and my body trembles when I see your face or hear your voice. Knowing I can't taste the sweetness of your lips or feel the touch of your skin against mine...The loveless petal once again flies without the promise of love..." She sighed heavily as she fluttered her glossy wings while looking out to the skies and the horizon. Link closed the door behind him silently, not wanting to disturb Princess Emerald as she sat in her quiet room. "You don't have to be silent around me Link." She turned around and smiled brightly although he could tell in her eyes that she was greatly unhappy. "What's the matter Emey?" That was the nickname given to her by him to show his affections towards her. Her smile faded as she turned her attentions back to the scenery outside. She really didn't want to tell Link about all the feelings she had for him, so she kept them welled up inside of her for the past seven years...well in their minds at least a year. "It's nothing...I have to go check on the Great Deku Tree. Tell Sheik that I'm there please." Emerald took off in an instant, leaving Link with a blank look upon his face.
 
He sighed heavily, not knowing whether to follow her or go back to the arguing Sages. Zelda had walked into the room and wrapped her arms around Link's waist. Link sighed softly as he felt his lover's touch. "Don't worry about her Link. All she has ever known is fighting." Link turned around and pulled Zelda into his arms to kiss her gently. Emerald was watching the sight and had begun to cry. Just seeing that hurt her so much. She took off as the two lovers found comfort in one another's arms as they always did in these rough times. "<I shouldn't have been hurt by that...I should expect that from them of course.>" She didn't notice that she had flown at least seven miles from the forest until she saw what looked like Zora's River. She sat by the river and began to cry to herself. She was told never to go out into Hyrule's field alone, but it really didn't matter to her anymore. "This cannot be who I think it is!" A thick, masculine voice filled Emerald's slender ears causing her to look up. She gasped when she saw two gleaming garnet eyes looking at her. "It's you..." His silver hair billowed in the wind as his already dark features became darker in the semi-fading light. "Why if it isn't the Princess who fights alongside the Fairy Boy!" "...Dark Link..." He was as handsome as Link, but he was everything that they all fought against. He walked closer to her and cupped her chin. He looked so much like the Link she loved, but he had very obvious features that made him the evil twin of the one she fights along side with. "Why are you out here alone and unprotected? Is this some kind of trap devised by your sister?" Emerald pulled away from his touch. He even felt like him, but he was not Link. "There is no trap." She heard herself say. "I am out here of my own free will." She had wiped her tears away while holding back the ones that threatened to come down. Dark Link smirked at her. "So why are you unprotected youngest Princess of Hyrule? Are they all really too busy to notice that you have slipped away from your guardian's watchful eyes?"
 
Emerald backed away from Dark Link's advances. He smirked, relishing the fact that she still feared him since that fateful encounter that day back at the Water Temple. "What's wrong my dear princess? Do you still fear that I will kill you with my blade?" Emerald glanced at the sheathed sword that lay undisturbed on Dark Link's left side. "<The Chaos Aura...the exact opposite of the Master Sword...A blade made of pure darkness.>" Emerald trembled at the thought of having to fight Dark Link right here and now without a weapon to defend herself with. He cackled softly as he pinned Emerald between the rock wall of Zora's River and himself. "Don't worry princess...I shall not kill you unarmed. That's not my style after all." Emerald gazed into his soul-less garnet eyes. "What do you want with me then?" He had the decency to blush at her question which shocked the already confused princess. "<Did he just blush at me!?>" "...You're beautiful." He finally said, breaking the silence that had set in after his out of character behavior. Emerald was even more confused than before. Surely this had to be a plot made by Ganon to ensnare her in a trap. He knew her feelings all too well due to their binding by the Triforce of Power. Her eyes narrowed until the tiniest of blue could be seen. "What are you and that...monster plotting!? Why are you coming after me when it's Link and Zelda you want!?" Dark Link chuckled again, but this time it was oddly pleasant. "Lord Ganondorf wants to kill you and claim the other half of the Triforce of Power while I on the other hand have...different...plans for you." Emerald didn't like how he used the word different in that sentence. "Then I'll ask you again...What do you want with me Dark Link?" "It's not what I want...It's more like what we both want...Namely who you want." Emerald continued her unwavering glare. "And what is that supposed to mean? I have no time for your riddles Dark Link." He looked away from her and sighed heavily.
 
"I was created from the blood of Link. I am every single dark desire that he has even thought about once." Emerald gave him a blank look. He has never called Link by his real name. He always called him 'Hero' or 'Fairy Boy', but never by Link. "Why are you telling me all this?" "Because I feel what he feels! It sickens me to the brink of insanity, but I have to be the one who delivers this message!" He glared at her with such anger in his garnet eyes that it made Emerald shake in fear. What he did next surprised her more than anything ever could. He pulled her into a tight embrace and kissed her like Link would kiss Zelda! Emerald went completely numb. She couldn't feel anything else but Dark Link's lips pressed passionately against her own. His eyes were closed as she felt his tongue sweep across her lips while nipping at them, literally begging for a response from her. Before she even knew what she was doing, she had parted her lips and Dark Link slipped his tongue inside. He twirled his tongue around hers all the while hopping to get a rouse or response from her and it worked. Soon Emerald and Dark Link were embracing each other as if they were truly lovers. She moaned slightly as he wrapped his arms around her waist to deepen the kiss and soon became obsessed with the slight sounds she would make. He pulled away from her finally, leaving her gasping for air. "Wh-...Why!?" He looked away from her as he backed into the shadows. "Dark Link wait!" "...He loves you, but he also loves Zelda. He would never act on his darker instincts...but somehow...he used me..." Dark Link looked at her one last time before he vanished within the shadows.
 
Emerald stood there in shock. She had just given into an enemy with a tender embrace. She had kissed the darker half of her beloved Link. Emerald sat back down and began to replay the scene that had just happened in her head. "<He-...He kissed me and said that Link loved me...He said he would never act on his darker feelings...what's that supposed to mean for me?>"
 
 
Dark Link threw his back against the wall in his room in Ganon's castle. He couldn't believe what he had just done. He had just kissed a princess. Not just any princess...the enemy princess of his lord. He touched his lips instantly remembering how they felt when they were one against Emerald's. He closed his eyes when he thought about the little sounds she would make when he deepened the kiss. "<You can't be making me weak with lust for this girl Hero! You have to stop your dark desires!! All they are doing are making me develop feelings I never wanted for this girl!>" He threw his charcoal hat on the other side of the room letting all his silver hair fall to his shoulders. He lay on his bed while growling angrily. "<Dark Link wait!>" "<Those eyes...those weren't the eyes of confusion...they were the eyes of...>" "There you are! Have you found the whereabouts of my other half of the Triforce?" Dark Link picked his head up lazily and stared at his lord. "...No. I' have been having a hard time tracking down my weaker half through his darker wants. He seems to have stop thinking about them for the moment." Ganon growled as he glared at Dark Link who couldn't believe that he just lied to his creator. He actually just lied to protect her. "<Damn you Hero...You're making me go soft!>" Ganon took another look at his hand created minion and mumbled something that was lost in the echo of his footsteps.
 
 
Emerald had finally flew back to Kokiri Forest after debating with herself until the sun completely set if she should tell Link and the Sages about what she had just experienced with Dark Link. "<He stole my first kiss...I should be enraged, but I'm not...I seem to be more at peace than ever.>" Emerald smiled to herself as she landed on her balcony walked into the room. "...You weren't by the Deku Tree as you said you would be, Milady." She jumped to her left when she heard Sheik's voice coming from the right of her. "Oh Sheik! You startled me!" He removed his scarves to reveal his handsome face. Only Emerald was the one he allowed to see his face. His crimson eyes seemed to study her as she looked at her handsome guardian. "What's the matter Sheik?" She had sat on the bed, folding her wings behind her neatly. He looked at her with uncertainly in his eyes before he took off all his scarves. His dark blonde hair fell to his shoulders as he focused his attentions back onto his princess. He sat down next to her and buried his head in her shoulder. Emerald became alarmed. The only times he has done this is when he had to tell her bad news. "Whatever it is, you can tell me Sheik...I'm ready for it no matter what it might be." She touched his face gently and he looked into her blue eyes. "Milady...I-...I-lo-?!" He was cut off by a quake that shook the entire forest. He held Emerald tightly in his arms as the quake became more violent.
 
Emerald held Sheik tightly as Link barged into the room with the Master Sword drawn. "We have to get out of here!" "Wha-? Why!?" Another harsh tremor sent Emerald sailing out of Sheik's arms with a surprised scream. "Emey!" Link grabbed her before she went sailing passed him. Emerald held onto Link as Sheik re-wrapped his scarves while stumbling towards them. "What's going on?!" "Ganon has found us! He's attacking Kokiri Forest as we speak!" Emerald gasped. Was it possible that her half of the Triforce that led him here? No...It couldn't have been. "Get her outta here Sheik!" "And take her where?! There's no more Kakariko Village, all the Zoras except Princess Ruto have fled their domain and Ganon has killed off all the Gorons but Darunia! Where do I take my princess to protect her!?" "Just take her and run! Zelda and I should be coming right behind you!" "If you stay, I stay as well Link." Sheik looked at her. Why she cared about him he would never understand. "And wherever Milady goes, I go as well." Emerald looked beyond her guardian and screamed. Another quake hit the house and it sent the three flying to the other side of the room. Link was knocked out on impact while trying to protect Emerald. "LINK!!" "I've finally found you my Princess!" Emerald turned around to the voice that bellowed louder than any winds and let out a horror filled scream. Ganon had blasted a hole in the side of the wall and was floating in with Dark Link beside him. He looked at the princess' shocked expression and his heart fell. "You will not harm Milady!" "Sheik no!" She grabbed Sheik by his arm and pulled him beside Link. "Hand it over Princess...You have no need for such power." Emerald glared at him as Sheik looked at her. "I would never hand over my half of the Triforce of Power to the likes of you! NEVER!!" Sheik gasped. He now understood why Ganon was searching so relentlessly for her. She had something he wanted badly enough to destroy an entire world. She had the other half of the Triforce that was said to have vanished when Ganon tried to steal it from the Sacred Paradise of the Three Goddesses.
 
"Milady-...You-..." She silenced Sheik with a wave of her hand. Emerald put her hands together and closed her eyes as her wings fluttered quickly. "Powers of the ancient Goddesses, lend me your strength...Let me get all of my friends to a safe place...Please Din, Nayru, Farore! Lend me your powers and lead us to safety!” A red, green, and blue light engulfed the entire forest and within a blink of an eye, the Kokiri and the Sages were no where to be found. "You have to be kidding me...She actually tapped into the powers of the goddesses with only a tiny portion of the Triforce!? This is an outrage!!" As Ganon began to rant about how Emerald was able to save the entire forest, Dark Link gave a slight sigh of relief that Emerald was able to safely get away from him. "<What the hell? Oh no...Fairy boy's love for Emerald has grown more making me love her as well! What the hell else could go wrong?>"
 
 
When Emerald finally opened her eyes, she was in Link's arms. "What happened? Where are we?" He looked down at her and smiled weakly. "You saved us all apparently." She looked around to see that they were in the Tomb of the Royal Family that was behind the now destroyed Kakariko Village. "This is a place Ganon would never think to look for us." Emerald pulled away from Link, stood up and yawned. Everyone, even the Kokiri, seemed to be unconscious except she and Link. "Emey...How did we get here exactly?" She turned around to see that Link was holding his left arm. "Are you alright Link?!" She sat back down next to him and put her hand over his arm. "It's just a scratch." "...I'm sorry...I can't tell you what I did to get us all here." She closed her eyes as her wings sparked green that transferred itself into Link's arm to heal it. "Why can't you tell me? Aren't I your best friend?" He flexed his arm as Emerald turned so she was sitting with her back to him. If only he knew the truth...If only he knew the feelings she kept so tight in her heart...or did he? "Link?" Her voice was barely above a whisper, too afraid to tell him that she went into Hyrule's expansive fields alone and came face to face with his darker self. "I saw Dark Link in Hyrule's fields after I saw-...saw you kissing Zelda." "Emerald!" He grabbed her by the shoulders and turned her around. She knew he would be upset with her. "You know you're not supposed to go out in the fields alone! What if Dark Link had seen you and tried to hurt you!?" She looked away from the angry Link as Sheik began to come to his senses. "He did...see me..." Link growled as he tried to keep a lid on his temper. He may be in love with Zelda, but he cared for Emerald more than anything. "He didn't hurt you did he?" Emerald shook her head no as she kept her gaze to the floor not wanting to see his face when she tells him what he told her.
 
"Dark Link told me that-...that he was created from your blood and the dark desires you harbor in your heart. He said that you and he were connected and he can feel what you feel." "What?" Link's grip on her shoulders lessened as he looked at her. "He-...He also said that you love Zelda, true...but...you loved me as well..." Link's heart dropped. It was true. He did come to love Emerald, but he would never hurt Zelda like that. "What else did he tell you?" "Nothing...He-...He kissed m-me..." Link made her look at him as he heard her begin to cry. Sheik listened as his princess broke down into unstoppable tears. "I gave into him! He got me to give into him and I didn't mean to!" Link wrapped his arms around her as she cried on his shoulder. Now was not the time to be asking her about how she got her hands on half the Triforce. She was already going though something of a personal repose. "Ssssh Emey...It's alright..." He held her tightly as he rocked her back and forth in a loving embrace. Her crying had finally slowed as he soon began to rock her to sleep. "Link..." Her voice was softer than a whisper, but he heard her. "Yes? What is it Emerald?" "I...love..." Her voice trailed off as she drifted to sleep. Sheik had finally got up and sat next to Link.
 
"...Tell me something Hero...How come it seems you and Princess Zelda cannot sense Ganondorf, but you both can sense each other?" Link looked at Sheik and shrugged his shoulders as he adjusted Emerald into a better sleeping position. "I really never gave any thought to that..." Sheik sighed heavily, knowing that if Emerald knew he told her secret to Link she would never forgive him. "You mustn't tell Milady Emerald that I have told you of a secret that I found out while she was transporting us here." Link looked at Sheik strangely. "What is this secret Sheikah?" "*sigh*...Milady harbors the other half of the Triforce of Power in her soul. Ganondorf seeks to kill her and harvest it as his own." Link felt his jaw drop. This couldn't be right! It just couldn't be! This gentle, caring, nature loving, and all around great woman was tied to the fiend destroying their land in the most terrifying of ways?! It all seemed impossible...almost like a dream turned nightmare gone horribly wrong. "Sh-...she carries the other half of the Triforce of Power?" Sheik nodded his head sadly. "She was somehow able to call on the three Goddesses themselves for assistance. That is how we all got here." Link looked at the sleeping Emerald. Only the Leader of the Sages could call upon Din, Nayru, and Farore for help and Zelda was the Leader of the Sages. "How? How would she be able to do such a thing?" Sheik shook his head as he gently touched her forehead. "I don't know...We should rest for now. All that magic must have tired her out." Sheik got up and walked off allowing Link to lay her by her mother's grave.
 
Through the entire night and a bit into morning, Link watched as Emerald slept. It seemed he was afraid that if he closed his eyes just once, Ganon would come and claim her. "<Look Hero...You mustn't let anyone know about Milady's powers yet. We don't want to cause confusion and conflict among us.>" "<But, how do we protect her from Ganon?! How can we keep her safe when she's out there on the battlefield by my side?!>" Sheik had dozed off somewhere near dawn after a brief conversation with Link, who was trying to get more answers out of him. Emerald rose and was slightly surprised to see Link fast asleep next to her. He had his hand on the Master Sword, ready to strike out in his sleep if he had to. Emerald chuckled to herself as she hovered off the ground a bit. She kissed Link on the lips gently before flying over to the slumbering Sheik. "(Be brave my faithful guardian...I'll end this war for good myself.)" Emerald looked at the sleeping Kokiri children and Sages. She wanted to protect them more than anything. She then moved over to her sister and touched her hand. She leaned over a bit to whisper something in her ear. "(Please...Take care of Link while I'm gone Zelda...)" Emerald took one last look at everyone before she left the protection of the tomb.
 
 
Dark Link was pacing back and forth near the entrance of the destroyed Kakariko Village when Emerald spotted him from the air. "<Now's my chance to destroy him once and for all...>" Emerald readied her Great Sages Bow and pulled an arrow from her quiver. "Light." She murmured in a whisper as a radiant golden light surrounded the tip of the arrow. Taking great aim, Emerald aimed the arrow of light at Dark Link. He surprised her by quickly blocking the offending arrow with his shield. He picked it up and looked around to see where it came from. "<This arrow's tip was powered by a Light spell...The Princess...>" He looked up as Emerald struggled to fly off and load another arrow into her bow. "Come down here Princess...You and I to have a talk." She stopped moving and hesitated. Could she really trust someone as ruthless and violent as Dark Link? Emerald wouldn't dare raise the risk of being captured. She finally readied another arrow and took aim at his heart, that is if he even had a heart. "Please...Don't shoot me...Emey..." Her arrow dropped to the ground as she hovered downward in disbelief. How did he know to call her Emey? Only Link was allowed to call her that! "What more could you possibly want from me?! You've already stolen my first kiss and my kingdom! What else could you possibly take from me?!" She landed on the ground, prepared to sword fight Dark Link if she had to, but he threw down all his weapons and took off his hat. "What are you doing?!" "...This." He pulled Emerald against him and began to kiss her with so much passion he surprised himself. He wished he could make the feelings Link had caused him to experience go away, but he realized a little too late that he had fallen for Emerald a long time ago. It wasn't just because of Link's secret love for her; it was because he loved her from the moment he laid eyes on her. He soon wrapped his arms around her waist, bringing her deeper into the kiss. Emerald couldn't lie...She did enjoy being kissed by someone who held a lot of passion for her. He stopped kissing her, allowing her to catch her breath as he kissed her cheek. "...I don't care if Ganon kills me...I don't care if my other half comes out and kills me on the spot...All I want is to be with you Emerald...My heart longs to be with you." Emerald gave him a confused look. Was what he was saying actually true? Did he really want her love? "I-...I don't want to hurt you or make it seem like I'm using you...but I am in love with Link..." "I don't care! I just-...I just want to be near you...To hold you this close to me always..." He kissed her neck slightly causing her to gasp in surprise.
 
Emerald knew that what she would do next would betray her entire cause, but he was saying everything she wanted someone to say to her. She wanted to be loved by someone who seem to care about her more than there differences. Emerald couldn't lie to herself either...She couldn't stop thinking about him. She looked into Dark Link's garnet eyes and kissed him. He was a bit shocked by her forwardness, but it was soon replaced by his excitement to be this intimate with Emerald. He wanted to give her his entire being and wouldn't care if anyone else objected. He loved her with a heart she showed him oh so many months ago in the Water Temple...
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^
 
"<Are you...gonna hurt me?>" He glared at the girl who was helping the Hero of Time. They had both fallen into one of his portals and ended up somewhere else in the Water Temple. "<I'm gonna kill you right here!>" He tried to take a step, but a blinding pain shot through his chest, making him fall to his knees. "<Arrgggh!>" He grabbed his chest and Emerald ran over to him. "<Link hurt you pretty bad! Here, let me heal you! Just stay still!>" She used her powers as a half fairy to heal the injury that could have cost him his already short life. All he could do was stare at her. He just tried to kill her and here she was healing him. She smiled at him brightly while telling him his wounds were fully healed. He had erased her memories and left her on top of the Water Temple. He implanted faked ones to make it look like they had continued the fight and that she passed out from exhaustion after he escaped. He didn't want anyone to find out that she not only healed his wounds, but she healed his heart as well. "<Like I thought! You're not pure evil!>" "<How'd you figure that out, genius?>" "<My magic wouldn't work on someone who truly wished to kill me! You're a nice guy after all Dark!>" He didn't want her to get hurt by Ganon...He didn't want to forget her smile either...
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^
 
Emerald broke the kiss and touched his face gently while she looked at him with love in her eyes. "(Yes...That's the look she gave me two days ago...The look of love and concern...)" He closed his eyes and put his head against hers. "Dark..." His eyes shot open as he looked at her. She hasn't called him that since their first meeting the Water Temple. "I like that better than calling you 'Dark Link' all the time. You are your own person and you deserve your own name." He smiled as his lips me hers. He has longed and waited for this moment for way too long. Emerald was his now and there was nothing that anyone could do to stop it.
 
Link dropped the Master Sword. He was in complete shock. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. Emerald was kissing his darker self. It wasn't the mere shock that she was kissing the enemy...it was the fact that it actually hurt him. He felt the tears well up, but had too much pride to shed even one. "<I waited too long...Why am I even jealous? I should be mad that she's with our enemy...but instead I'm jealous. He's doing something I have always dreamed of doing...>" Link picked up the Master Sword and began to charge them. His battle cry shocked Emerald away from Dark Link's warm embrace. "I'm not fighting him...I'll take you to a place where no one will harm you." Dark Link picked up his weapons as Link continued his charge. "Do you trust me Emey?" She looked into his garnet eyes and looked back at Link. Should go with the one who could give her what her heart desires or should she go back to what she could never obtain? She looked at Link sadly making him stop in his tracks. That's when he felt a burning sensation on his right hand. He looked to see half of the Triforce of Power shining brilliantly over his Triforce of Courage. "Emey...Emey don't!" "Goodbye...Hero of Time." Emerald took Dark's hand and they both vanished within a portal of darkness. "EMERALD!!" Link ran over to the spot Emerald and his darker half were standing. She was gone...Emerald was really gone. He had failed to protect the one he vowed to always protect.
 
Sheik had came walking up while yawning when he spotted Link falling to his knees. "What happened? Was Milady with you?" Link said nothing. How could he tell Sheik, who obviously loved Emerald more than his own life, that he failed in protecting the woman he loved most of all since his own mother passed? How could he bring himself to tell the Sheikah that she was with his darker self? He just couldn't do it. "Talk to me Hylian! Where is my princess!?" Link looked down like a lifeless doll. "...she was taken by dark link..." Sheik looked at him in disbelief. Did he just say that Dark Link has her? "You must surly jest Link...Milady cannot be with that vile creature!" Link shook his head slowly. "She is with him...I saw her take his hand and vanished within his dark portal. I saw them leave with my own two eyes..." Link had let go of the Master Sword and let it fall to his side. Sheik had balled his fist up and punched Link in his jaw. Zelda watched in horror as Sheik jumped on Link in shear agony. "How could you let her go like that!? Have you no shame!? If Ganon gets his hands on my princess then she's dead! Do you hear me Link!? She would have died because you couldn't stop your darker self!" Impa had pulled Sheik off of Link who had done nothing to defend himself. The Fire Sage, Darunia, rushed to help her when he saw the scene while coming down from Death Mountain. "Hey! Why are you two duking it out like that!? Aren't we all on the same team?" The playful Water Sage, Ruto scowled at Link and Sheik. She and Darunia had came onto the scene a little late and didn't know what happened. Ruto was looking around as her fins moved about. "Hey, where's Emerald? I was so looking forward to messing with her since I finally got my people to safety!" Link looked down as Sheik looked at him with his crimson eyes full of hate. "The Hero let her get captured by our enemies." Ruto gasped as Darunia gaped at him. The lone Goron picked him up by his shoulders and began to shake him. "Brother, this cannot be true! You promised to always protect Sister no matter what! Her very life could be at stake!" Link felt his soul being ripped apart by their words. He was no true hero...He couldn't even protect Emerald. What was he really doing here? Why was he pretending all this time to be something he isn't?
 
"I think I may be able to track down Milady's whereabouts." Everyone looked at Sheik who was let go by Impa finally. Darunia had let the silent Link go. Sheik fixed his scarf knowing he would regret this. "How would you be able to do that?" "I can go through the portal's residue. It's a bit risky, but I think I would be able to find her." Link looked at Sheik. Why couldn't he be honest with himself like Sheik was? Maybe if he were, Emerald wouldn't be...Sheik had picked up the Master Sword ignoring the burning sensation and handed it to Link. "...I'll need your help Link. If I get stuck, you can use the light from your Triforce to help me out. Are you up for saving Emerald?" "More than anything!" Sheik held out his hand for Link to take. "Then get ready for the ride of your life." Link took Sheik's hand and almost instantly they were drawn into the dark portal. Zelda gasped as she watched the two vanish. "What's going on?! Where did Link and Sheik go?" Everyone looked at Zelda as Saria and Nabooru walked up. Was she truly that slow? "They went to find Emerald. She was taken by Dark Link." They all gasped. "How? Emerald would never let anyone take her without a fight! That's a lie!" Zelda leaned her head on Impa's shoulder while muttering 'it's a lie' over and over to herself. The Sages were beginning to rethink making her Leader of the Sages.
 
 
Emerald had finally opened her eyes to see she was surrounded by nothing, but a black, empty void. "Wh-...Where am I?" She soon felt a pair of hands wrap around her waist and pull her upwards. She began to struggle because she didn't know who it was. "Relax Emerald...It's only me." She stopped struggling and sighed aloud. "Where are we?" "The realm of darkness." She gasped slightly. She would never be able to survive long within this realm. "We're not staying long. You would never survive here because you are so pure. I just came to drop off my weapons because the place we are going to is a holy place and my weapons of darkness are not allowed. It is a paradise on earth. It can even rival your beauty." Emerald felt him kiss her neck gently. "It is a place where we can be together without worry." She turned around and wrapped her arms around his neck as he took her to this holy place he just told her about. When Emerald felt that her world had finally stop spinning, she opened her eyes and gasped in surprise. He was right. Everything was truly beautiful. "Where are we?" She was breathless as she looked around. Although the place felt familiar, she couldn't name this beautiful or why it seemed to relax her nerves. Dark stood next to her and took her hand. "This was Milady Kaya's garden. It is the only place that could stand up against Lord Ganondorf's attacks." Emerald turned around and gave Dark a shocked look. It couldn't be true...It just couldn't be true!! This was her mother's garden! Dark watched as Emerald's eyes welled up with tears. "It just can't be...My mother's garden...she planted this when she was carrying me...she wrote to me about it in a journal she left for me..." Dark wrapped his arms around her. "I'm sorry...I didn't mean to make you cry." Emerald shook her head as she smiled. "No...That's okay. Father told me when I was little that I was never allowed in this place, so to see it with my own eyes...it makes me so happy!" She held Dark Link close to her as she cried happily.
 
 
Sheik and Link had opened their eyes and saw nothing, but darkness. They couldn't even see each other. "Hero...Use the light of the Triforce of Courage." Link nodded his head as he willed his half of the Triforce to shine and the darkness vanished to reveal many portals of all shapes and sizes. Link went to look at them, but Sheik yanked him backwards. "Don't let go of my hand. You're not strong enough to face this kind of darkness. If you let go, you'll become lost forever in an eternity of darkness." Link glanced away from Sheik's single, crimson eye and over his shoulders. His face and ears dropped as he turned pale. "...I think we should get out of here." "Why? Is the hero afraid of the dark?" "No...But the hero is scared of that thing!" Sheik turned around to come face to face with a seven headed Hydra that was protecting the realm of darkness from those who fought against it. Sheik growled as he pulled them out of the realm of darkness and back into Kakariko Village. "What the hell was that!?" Link shook his head and felt to see if he still had his ear rings as the Sages gave them a look of expectance. "That looked like Dementia...a seven headed Hydra." "What's a Hydra?" Saria looked at all the other Sages while waiting for them to answer. "A Hydra is a huge dragon that's really hard to kill." Darunia picked up the small Forest Sage as the rest of them talked amongst on e another. "Come Sages. We have to discuss what just happened at the Temple of Light while Link tries to find leads on Emerald's whereabouts." The Sages wished Link good luck before vanishing with Zelda. Sheik and Link still sat on the ground, still in a slight daze. "Why was this Hydra guarding the entrance portal to what look like a harmless garden?" Link shrugged his shoulders as he got up and offered Sheik his hand. "I think that would be my dark half's doing." Sheik took his hand and stood up. "What makes you say that?" "That was my Hydra...Dementia is something I created in my mind to kept Dark Link from invading my thoughts. Apparently, he gained control of her as well." Sheik shook his head. "We may be able to use that to our advantage in getting Emerald back. The only catch is that we shouldn't tell the others about it...not yet anyway." Link looked at him. Just what was Sheik plotting that the Sages could have no knowledge of? "What are you talking about?" He smirked as he began to walk off. "Let's head back to the Tomb of the Royal Family. I need to rest before I tell you my plan."
 
 
Emerald and Dark watched as the sun set slowly. It had been at least a month since they had ran away from Ganon and the war. "Dark...I have to go back..." He sighed heavily as he buried his head into the crook of her neck. "...I know...and I have to go and face Fairy Boy..." Emerald kissed Dark lovingly. He looked up to the stars and sighed deeply. Would this truly be the last night he would be able to spend with Emerald? They did have a romanced filled month together, but now...It was time to stop the love story and get back to the hell of a reality. He had to fight Link and more than likely would lose his life to help Emerald in her quest. "Dark..." He said nothing as he covered her mouth with his, silencing her. If this was going to be their last night together, why not make it count?
 
Dark picked Emerald up and carried her into the little cottage that was surround by the lush tree-like flowers, which he found out were Emerald's favorite flower. He opened the door and closed it behind him, careful not to drop Emerald out of his arms. "Dark...What are you about to do?" He smiled as he laid her in the bed that they had shared during the month's time. "Emerald...I love you...I love you more than anything I've ever known in this short life of mine. I-...I want to be your first everything before my time is up and I will no longer see you." Emerald gazed into his eyes and knew what he wanted. A whole month had gone by and not once had he ever been needy or perverted. He was always the perfect gentleman, even while they were asleep. She wanted him to be her first everything and allowed herself to be taken with a gentle kiss. "I love you as well...Take me now and I shall always be yours forever." Dark closed his eyes and kissed Emerald as he claimed her in the way only lovers can...
 
 
"You have to be kidding me...You have been training Link to become one with the darkness!? Are you insane Sheik!? He is one with the light and putting darkness in the soul of the Hero would be disastrous!" For the past month, Sheik had been teaching Link the ways of the Sheikah so he could become one with the shadows in order reclaim control over his Hydra and rescue Emerald. Sheik snorted as he rolled his visible eye at Impa and the other Sages that were outraged. He had just told them what he had been up to with Hero for this past month. "It won't harm him, I swear it. All I taught him was how to survive in the darkness. It's not like I taught him every secret passed down our bloodline." While Sheik and Impa began to argue about how they should have really trained the Hero, Link walked away from them. He did regain control of Dementia and now could survive in the realm of darkness once Sheik transported them there...but he still viewed himself as the weakling that couldn't protect the girl he would have grown up with if they didn't have to travel through time to stop the Evil King. "Stop it!" Everyone turned around and looked at Nabooru, who was tapping her foot. "Look you idiots...Sheik set out to help this kid even though he hates his guts more than anything. He helped him reclaim a part of him that was taken by Dark Link and has been training him everyday this past month to help him save our youngest princess. Stop yelling at him and trying to put him down all the damn time!" Sheik smirked. He and the Spirit Sage never saw eye to eye, but having her defend him like she was gave them faith that they would rescue Emerald. "Well, isn't this a nice surprise! All of the Fairy Boy's companions are all gathered!" Everyone turned to the entrance of Kakariko to see Dark Link with Emerald bound in chains. "Emey..." "...Link..." She thought after a month with Dark she would be able to forget him, but the moment she saw him, old feelings resurfaced. "Let her go." Dark tugged on her chains gently and she made it seem like he was pulling her harshly. She gave a whimper from trying not to laugh making Dark almost give away the whole charade. "If you want the youngest princess of Hyrule back, the Sheikah and the Fairy Boy must come to Ganon's Castle; solve the riddles that are there and then face me." "We'll do it." Sheik sighed heavily. As much as he hated Link's guts, he would have to put up with him to save Emerald. "(Hang on Milady...We're coming to save you. Just hang on a little longer...)"
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^
 
"<Are you sure it's wise to trick them that way Dark?>" He touched her face as they lay next to each other in bed. "<...There's no other way...We have to trick them into thinking I have hurt you. I have to get Link so angry with me that-...that he'll kill me so I can become part of him again.>" Emerald had begun to cry softly on his chest. "<I've finally found someone to love and now I have to lose them!? Why!? Why must it be this way!?>" Dark held her as close as he could as he kissed her head. "<Please don't cry beloved...It's the only way for you to obtain the power sealed in Milady Kaya's garden...The power you are meant to wield.>" She looked up at him with her tear filled blue eyes. "<Dark...I will always you no matter!>" He smiled at Emerald as his tears he's been holding back finally streamed down his face. He brought her lips to his and engaged each other one last time before the break of morning where they would be separated for good...
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^
 
Emerald hung on the wall Dark Link had 'chained' her to as they awaited the arrival of Link and Sheik. "Dark..." He turned around and faced the only lover he has ever had. He touched her face and kissed her cheek. "Don't worry...All will be set back into place." "But,...I shall no longer have you..." He took her into his arms and hugged her tightly. "You shall always have me my love...Always..." The door burst open making Dark Link step away from Emerald. "(They solved the riddles faster than what I expected. I was hoping to spend a little more time with Emerald.)" "Milady!" She looked at Dark and nearly cried. He shook his head and urged her to cry out. "Sheik!! Link!! Help me please!!" Link pulled out the Master Sword and glared at Dark Link. It enraged him to see Emerald look so helpless and afraid. "Release her...RELEASE HER NOW!!" Dark Link chuckled as he walked around. "Never...I would never release such a prize unto you. You don't deserve to have some like Princess Emerald." Dark took pride that his words hit a sore spot. It was true...He didn't deserve someone like Emerald, but he was going to get her back no matter what the cost. "Your Sheikah friend can sit this one out. This is between you and me." "Then why did you make him come!?" Dark Link chuckled as he pulled out the Chaos Aura. "I asked him to come to help you with Lord Ganondorf's puzzles, but the Sages obviously lent you a hand." He readied shield and smiled in a twisted way. "Now...Defeat me and get the princess back...or should I have said the love of your life?!" Sheik looked at Link. He was in love with Emerald!? Sheik growled angrily, but stopped once he realized something of great importance. If they were apart of each other, wouldn't that mean he loved her as well?
 
Before Sheik had a chance to react, the fight had already begun. "Hero wait!!! Something about this isn't right about this!!" Link ignored Sheik as his sword clashed against Dark Link's. All that mattered to him was shoving his sword through his black heart. Emerald shut her eyes as she heard a sword hitting a shield. She didn't want to watch...She didn't want anyone else to die for this cause anymore. Sheik walked over to the princess who was trying her hardest to ignore the fight at hand. "...You and he are in love aren't you Milady?" She looked at Sheik nodded her head sadly. "But in order to stop Ganon...He's gotta die..." Sheik shook his head. "It figures...He is a part of Link after all." Emerald watched as they both threw down their shields and continued to attack each other head on. "You know as well as I do that you'll never get her back!" Link swung at Dark Link with his free hand, but missed. Dark had forced him backwards with his sword and tried to follow up with a sword slash to the neck. Link blocked it as fast as he could and kicked Dark in the stomach. "I'll get her back if it's the last thing I do!" Dark flipped backwards as he tried to avoid a sweep kick that Link was trying to catch him with. "Damn it!"
 
Link had apparently used a feint technique that was known to the Sheikah as he ran up on Dark Link who was trying to recover in mid air. "Say goodbye you bastard!" Link shoved the Master Sword through Dark's chest only to hear Emerald's hurtful cry. "DARK!!!" The chains that were supposed to be bounding Emerald had vanished as she flew to his side. Link took his blade out of Dark's now limp body and it fell into Emerald's open arms. Emerald was crying as she sat on the ground with him. "It worked out...after all...Emey..." She was rocking back and forth as Sheik walked over to a clearly confused Link. Dark took off a necklace he had been hiding under his charcoal tunic and gave it to Emerald. "You'll need this to get-...*cough*...to get to Milady Kaya's garden..." Emerald took the necklace and looked at it. It was a black rose that had bloomed within a glass heart. "That rose was my lifespan so to say...It bloomed because I fell in love...You gave me a reason to live...to love...And I-...I love...you..." His voice trailed off as he became lifeless in Emerald's arms. Her tears became fiercer as she struggled to say those words before he was completely gone. "I love you as well Dark..." She gasped as she watched Dark's body vanish into black stars. "Oh Dark..." Emerald covered her eyes not realizing the stars were surrounding Link. "<You better take care of her or else Hero.>" The stars forced themselves inside Link making him fall to his knees. He soon saw and felt everything his dark counterpart had.
 
Emerald wrapped her arms around Sheik as she cried. "It's alright Milady...Everything will be alright..." Emerald nodded her head as she put the necklace on. "We have to go to my mother's garden. There's supposed to be a power there that may be able to stop Ganon once and for all." Sheik helped her up as Link stood up. "Are you alright Emey?" She looked away from Link and nodded her head. "I-...I'll be fine. Let's go and kill Ganon once and for all." Emerald summoned her double edged sword called the Dual Rose and began their long trek to Kaya's Garden.
 
Link has never actually seen Emerald fight, except from afar with her magically powered arrows. He barely had time to un-sheath the Master Sword when enemies tried to ambush them. Emerald twirled the double-edged sword with delicate and attacked them alone. Sheik and Link both stood and watched as she quickly disposed wave after wave of Ganon's Moblin army. "(She's in pain...she's in pain because of me...Because I killed someone she fell in love with.)" "<Look Fairy Boy, you can wallow in self pity later. Right now you have to help the woman we love unlock her true power in her mother's garden.>" Link looked around. He swore that he had heard Dark's voice, but must've been imagining things. He flicked his ears as he got into battle with Emerald by his side like old times. "<Look out behind you Fairy Boy!>" Link whirled around and blocked an attack with his shield. He was certain now that Dark's voice was coming from inside his head.
 
Emerald was breathing heavily as she made her blades vanish. "(How'd you get in my head you fiend!?)" "<I'm your darker half remember? I'm just here temporarily. I have to make sure you survive and make extra sure that you won't say anything to upset the little fairy any more than what she is.>" Link grimaced. His darker half wasn't going away without a fight. "Come on you guys." She pulled out an enchanted map and traced a path with her finger. "It isn't that much longer to mother's garden." Emerald fluttered her wings as Sheik walked behind her. She dealt with enemies with ease that Link would normally have trouble taking down. "(She's really hurt...)" "<I know...You should say something to cheer her up.>" "(What?! I'm probably her least favorite person right now.)" "<Not true...She loves you with all her heart...Believe me...I felt it.>" Link shook his head as he caught up to Emerald. She looked tired, but she was ignoring her own fatigue. "Maybe we should rest before continuing on Emey." She glared at him with a look that has never crossed her gentle visage before. Link stopped walking as Sheik laughed. "The only other time Milady was mad is when Courage trampled her favorite story book. Beware Hero."
 
Sheik stopped Emerald as Link looked on from a distance and made her take a seat. Link sat down at the distance he had stopped walking and put his head against the wall. "Milady...Link is very concerned about you. I think you should talk with him." She looked away from Sheik who touched her face gently and made her look at him. "Milady...I know that you care a great deal about him." She closed her eyes as he rubbed her cheek lovingly. "...I know, but I'm afraid that I'm just gonna snap out on him again and I don't want him to think that I hate him for what he did." Sheik took her into his arms and Emerald sighed contently. "Just talk to him and I'm sure he will understand everything that is bothering you." Sheik pulled his scarves down to kiss her forehead and then he helped her up. "Link." He looked up to see Emerald standing over him. Sheik was no where to be found. "(He must've went into the realm of darkness...)" She sat down as Link gazed at her. "I'm not mad at you Link...I'm just upset. I really cared about him." "I know you did Emerald. I saw it in the way how you cried for him. I just let my anger get in the way of my better judgment." She sighed as she leaned her head on his shoulder. They haven't been this close since he officially became the Hero of Time. "Link...I-..." She turned her head. As much as Emerald wanted to tell him the truth, she still couldn't find the words to express herself. "<It's now or never Fairy Boy. Give into your dark desires or suffer an eternity alone.>"
 
Link made Emerald face him and he kissed her. He couldn't help himself anymore. He has wanted her since they first met in Kokiri Forest. Emerald was in shock. She has waited for this moment for so long, but now...it seemed so odd. It contained all the love he felt for her, but deep down inside...She wished it was someone else. Emerald pulled away from him, feeling her body tremble slightly. Goddesses, he left her feeling weak like Dark did! He looked down, knowing that she would probably reject him. "I'm sorry Emerald..." She looked away from him. She felt all of Dark's passion behind the kiss, but it wasn't him. She shook her head and stood up. "Come on Link...We better get a move on." She walked a distance before she stuck her hand in the wall and pulled Sheik out of the shadows. "How many times have I told you never to eavesdrop!? That's just rude." Sheik cursed under his breath forgetting that this was still the Hylian castle she grew up in and knew where all the weak points were. "(Wait a minute...That's it.) Milady! Milady! I have an idea on how to topple this horrible castle!" Emerald looked at Sheik as Link walked up.
 
"What? What's the idea?" "You know as well as I do that this castle has many weak points scattered around it's base. If I was to server those binds in the realm of darkness, then this entire castle would crumble." Emerald looked around at the various weak points that were all around the castle. "What are you looking at?" "You don't see the portals all over these walls?" Link shook his head as Sheik chuckled. "Only you can see them." “You mean to tell me after all these years, you can't see them!?" "I don't have to see them in order to sense them. I am one with the darkness after all." Emerald shook her head as she kept walking. "No. We can't risk it. How would you be able to escape after the last support is destroyed?" Sheik turned his head. "It is a risk I am willing to take for your protection." Emerald slapped Sheik. She was tired of everyone trying to protect her. She had already lost someone she loved to this war. "No more!" Link looked at the startled Sheikah. "I don't want you to die Sheik...I don't want any more deaths...I want to fight on my own accord. If it means I have to die, then I have to die. But, I won't let you kill yourself." Sheik's shocked face turned gentle as he looked at his princess. She truly did care for him after all. The necklace that Emerald got from Dark began to shine gold. She turned around to see a door encased in gold with symbols of hearts, doves and flowers on it. "This is it...You guys will have to stay here. I think I have to go alone." Link sighed as he hugged her tightly. "Please be careful." Emerald sighed contently as she snuggled closer to him. He felt so much like Dark. "Don't worry. I'll be fine." Emerald let go of Link and walked into the room. The door slammed shut behind her and Link walked up to it. He put his head on the door and sighed heavily. "Please be safe Emey..."
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^
 
Deep within the Temple of Sages in the Chamber of Light, the Sages were in a deep conversation about what should be done about Dark Link, unaware that Link had already slain him with the Master Sword or that he died of his own free will. "Order!" The Light Sage, Rauru, brought his hands together making a radiant light shine forth on the bickering Sages. "It has come to my knowledge that Milady Kaya's spirit has finally been spotted." Impa, the Shadow Sage, and Zelda, Leader of the Sages, both gasped. "Where has she been spotted!?" Saria, the little Forest Sage, said barely above an excited whisper. "Yeah! She was supposed to be the original Leader of us Sages!" Ruto, the playful Water Sage, rolled her eyes at the Fire Sage, Darunia's blunt point. "WE all would like to know what happened to Milady Kaya, but we won't find out anything with all this bickering!" Nabooru, the feisty Spirit Sage, had stepped forward to stop any further out bursts from the other Sages. Rauru cleared his throat before he spoke again. "Milady Kaya was the original leader of us Sages, but due to her unfortunate accident, she has never claimed the power. Princess Zelda is the best choice to obtain this power, but-" "What do you mean but!? As you said I am the best choice for this power!" "As I was saying...*ahem* Milady Kaya may have never claimed the power, she still holds onto it even after death, therefore making it impossible for Zelda to become the leader." Zelda's jaw dropped. She couldn't believe what she just heard. She was never meant to become the Leader of the Sages. "So...Whose supposed to get the power and become the Leader of us Sages?" The Light Sage closed his eyes as he sat in a chair and sighed. "Apparently...our youngest princess is destined to obtain the power." The Temple of Light went silent. All you could hear was Zelda's scream of shear hatred for her sister.
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^
 
Emerald rubbed her eyes from the intense light from entering her mother's garden from the doors instead of the realm of darkness. "Where is this supposed weapon at? Come on Dark...Please help me out." "He won't be able to help you here." Emerald turned around to see no one behind her. "Emerald, my dear...the power that you are seeking lies in your very own heart." "My heart? How do you know my name? Who are you?" Emerald looked around the garden, reaching for her bow and an arrow, unsure of what may jump up at her. A ghostly apparition appeared before Emerald. She had long, flowing green hair just like her and even had her blue eyes. She looked almost exactly like Emerald, except she looked older and had glossy angel-like wings arching over her back. "Wh-Who are you?!" The ghost put a hand to her mouth as she chuckled happily. "Why Emerald...I'm your mother." Emerald dropped her bow as the ghost Kaya smiled warmly. "What?" She nodded her head. "I am Kaya Hyrule and also your mother." Kaya looked around as she felt Ganon's dark energy swell around the castle. "There isn't much time! Ganon will try to claim your half of the Triforce. You must accept your fate as the true Leader of the Sages and seal Ganon behind the Doors of Darkness." "How do I do that!? I'll need your help mother!" Kaya kissed her forehead gently and Emerald felt a warm feeling enter her being. "You can easily find the power because you have been using it all this time. When you get back to the past, you'll have to make a choice about something once you reach this point. Now go...The power is within you. All you have to do is believe in your heart." Kaya looked at her daughter once more before making her dash out of the garden. "She'll be the one who saves our land from the forces of all things dark...My beautiful fairy daughter..."
 
Emerald ran out of the doors and into the waiting Link and Sheik. "Did you get the weapon Milady?" She looked away from Sheik as she fluttered her wings. "I-...I've got it. Let' just go get rid of Ganon once and for all." Link gave her a sideways glance. Something wasn't right. She looked nervous about something, which because Emerald is never nervous about anything in her life. Overly excited yes, nervous, never. "Emerald, what is the matter?" She looked at Link and shook her head. She couldn't possibly tell him that she was the weapon that they were supposed to use against Ganon. He would try to make her sit out the fight when she was supposed be out there fighting alongside with him as she has always have. "I'm fine Link. Let's just go kill this big bastard once and for all!" She smiled brightly putting Link's heart at ease. He honestly loved her and finally understood that he did. It was his dark desires that made him understand. Or maybe he had loved her from the start and it took Dark to show him the way.
 
 
They seemed to walk for hours in the expansive castle of evil. "How long have we been at this Sheik?" He shook his head as he stopped to catch his breath. "Believe or not we have not been walking for very long Milady. It seems we have fallen prey to an illusion set by the Evil King." Emerald growled as she slammed her fist into the wall. Link sheathed the Master Sword as she slumped to the floor. “We're not gonna get anywhere at this rate!” Emerald sat down in a huff while closing her eyes. “<Why is she on edge? She's usually the calmest one in the group.>” “(That's because she has a duty to fulfill and time is getting to her.)” Link stood up and looked around for a way to escape Ganon's trap. “(Look Hero…My time here is finally ending…Just take care of the one we love the most. It's my last wish before I become silent forever.)” “<How do you love her so much Dark? How can you be so free to love her the way you do?>” Dark chuckled weakly. “(You waited all this time to ask that question? I just do…It was your secret longing for her that created me and her kind heart which made me fall in love her. I will always love Emerald just as you always will…)” Dark's slight presence vanished from Link completely. He was gone…
 
As if sensing Dark's departure, Emerald opened her eyes and smiled sadly at Link. “…He's really gone now isn't he?” He could see the pain building up behind Emerald's deep blue eyes. Sheik wrapped his arms around her and held her from behind. “Everything will be alright Milady…I swear everything will be over soon.” Emerald closed her eyes as she fought the tears and held Sheik's arms. “Thank you so much Sheik…” He let her go and she stood up. She held her hands together and sighed. “The powers that lie dormant inside me…Arise now and dispel the illusion cast by the ill will of those who stand in my way!” A rainbow light surrounded Emerald making Sheik and Link jump back. “What is she doing?!” “…She's finally awakening the powers she hid from the rest of the world…The true power of the Sages.” Link watched in awe as Emerald's glossy wings burst into brilliant white angel like wings while the spell went to work in revealing the true staircase that led to the top of the castle.
 
“E-…Emey…Your wings…” She opened her eyes to see the white feathers causing a smile to appear. “Now's the time we face Ganon and destroy him once and for all eternity.” Emerald spread her great white wings and took off up the winding staircase. Link was trailing behind Sheik who was teleporting to keep up with his princess. “<Emerald…She's the key to destroying Ganon…>” Link glanced at her and felt his heart fall. Emerald has put a lot on the line to save her kingdom…A kingdom she would never rule. “So…You've finally seen through my illusions, eh Fairy?” Link had finally caught up to Emerald to see that she was face to face with the person, no monster, who has caused them the greatest pain of all. “It's you…” Link un-sheathed the Master Sword and glared at Ganon.
 
Ganon was looming over them even while playing an eerie organ that vanished as soon as he stood. He wore all black with the usual Gerudo decorations, but they held a more ghastly appearance then the usual ones the Gerudo wore. “You've even brought the Hero of Time! What fun shall our first and last encounter in battle shall be!” Ganon's heartless and hollow laugh rang in their ears as it echoed off the walls. “Sheik…I know this is going to be hard for you, but I need you to sit this fight out. It is between Link, Ganon, and myself! Holders of the Triforce!” Sheik nodded his head and reluctantly leaned against a wall, ready to summon his shadows at any moment. Emerald readied her Dual Rose as Link stood by her right. “Are you ready to end this adventure once and for all Forest Kid?” Link smirked. She hasn't called him that since their first meeting in Kokiri Forest. “As ready as I'll ever be Princess.” Ganon scowled at them as the got ready to charge. He tossed his cape back and a dark ball of energy was surging right towards Emerald. She shoved Link to the side and brought her hand. “Nayru's Love Shield!” A pale blue diamond encased Emerald, barely saving her from the destructive blast. “Emey!?” She fluttered her wings as she coughed up a bit of blood while the dust was settling. Link glared death at Ganon as he laughed cruelly.
 
“Did I hurt the little Fairy? You know those creatures tend to break so easily.” Emerald had an arrow aimed at the distracted Ganon while Link attacked him. Sheik balled his fist up as he watch the two fight. He wanted to join in, but his princess told him not to. “Light come forth!” A great golden light engulfed the arrow before Emerald sent it ailing towards Ganon's heart. “Damn you pest are hard to get rid of!” Ganon tried to swat the offending arrow, but it struck him in his arm. He howled with agony as light erupted from inside him. He landed on the ground with a rather loud thud, completely paralyzed from the power of Emerald's arrow. “Hit him Link!” Link charged the downed Ganon and jumped into the air. He came down with the force of the gods only to find out he slashed an arm. “Damn it!” He tried to slash at the barely recovering Ganon, but only scratched his torso. Ganon ripped out the arrow and threw it to the ground.
 
“I see I'm going to have to kill you first!” He shoved Link to the other side of the room near Sheik who watched as the one he loved most dodge volley after volley of dark energy. Sheik looked at the Hero who was now laying motionless from the impact growling that he was down. “You won't escape me Princess!” Ganon began to gather all his dark energy onto one point as Emerald loaded three arrows into her bow. She closed her eyes as she focused with all her might not to pass out during the spell. “Power of the Three Goddesses, I call on thee! Guide thy arrows to deliver upon thee a divine blow…Destroy thy foe and relinquish thy strength!” The arrows surged with the power of the Goddesses and she sent them speeding towards Ganon. Link finally shook of his dizziness to see Emerald collapsing while Ganon's spell was speeding towards her. “EMERALD!” Link ran as fast as his legs could carry him to slide in front of Emerald in an effort to shield her from the attack.
 
When Link didn't feel the impact of the spell, he opened his eyes to find that the arrows had struck him, rendering his spell useless. One of the arrows had struck him in the shoulder, while one was embedded in his leg, and the final sticking out of his neck. What rendered the darkness spell useless was the rainbow crystal that Link almost failed to notice. “Attack him now while our power still holds him fast Hero!” Three female voices all speaking in unison had entered his thoughts as he willed himself to grab the Master Sword and stand. He charged Ganon and shoved his sword through the crystal and through Ganon's black heart. The crystal shattered as Link withdrew his sword. Emerald was slowly helped to her feet by Sheik when she spotted Ganon on his knees by Link's feet. “The Great King of Evil-…beaten by a hybrid princess…and a forest orphan?!” He coughed up large amounts of blood before he fell forward in a pool of his blood. “…He's dead…” Emerald flew into Link's arms in tears. “We've finally did it! We've finally defeated the Great King of Evil!!” Sheik walked over with a slight graze on his shoulder from when Link went flying by him. “It's finally over…” “NOTHING IS OVER UNTIL I HAVE THE COMPLETE TRIFORCE WITHIN MY HANDS!!” The entire castle began to shake violently as the room they were standing in literally shattered. Ganon wasn't dead and it wasn't over! Emerald gasped as she felt her right hand start to burn. “He still has half of the Triforce of Power…” “He's trying to bring us all down with him! We've gotta escape the castle!” Sheik grabbed Emerald and began a mad dash to the stairs only to have the only exit vanish.
 
“We're trapped!!” Emerald looked around to see nothing, but open space. “We're going to have to jump or Ganon's Castle will swallow us whole!” “What?!” “Are you crazy Emey!?” “Farore's Blessing!” She brought forth a green healing wind that quickly healed and refreshed them. “Look there is no time to argue! Just take my hand and I'll take us to safety!” She held out her hands for Link and Sheik to take. Sheik took her right hand and sighed heavily. “I trust you milady.” She smiled slightly as she gave his hand a tight squeeze. “You do trust me Link…don't you?” He smiled and nodded his head as he took a hold of Emerald's hand. “Of course.” “We run and jump. Ready?” They all made a mad dash towards the edge of the castle that instantly gave way under their feet. Link and Sheik both gave a horrified gasp, but Emerald's new white wings quickly caught the air currents and began to glide them down to safety.
 
The wind blew harshly as Emerald descended slowly. With a sudden harsh gust, the wind knocked off Link's hat and all of Sheik's scarves. Link's blonde hair fell to his shoulders as he looked down at his now lost hat. “Crap…I really liked that hat…” Sheik scowled as all his long dark blonde hair flowed down his back with murder in his crimson eyes. Emerald scanned the now fallen castle as she landed gently on the ground below. “…Can we go home now?” Link smiled at her as he held out a hand for here to take when the castle rubble began to shake violently. Emerald felt her right hand burn even more as her half of the Triforce of Power shone brightly. “Oh my god…He's still alive Link!!” Link unsheathed the Master Sword as he walked over to the place that was supposed to be Ganon's finally resting spot.
 
Within a blink of an eye, rubble went flying everywhere and Ganon had arisen from all of it. Emerald gasp as she watched him used the corrupted half of their Triforce to transform himself into a hideous two-sword wielding monster. “Oh no LINK!!” Emerald tried to dash into the magic made arena to help him, but a swell of dark energy that suddenly exploded knocked her backwards into Sheik's arms. “Are you alright Milady!?” She shook her head slightly as she pulled back her large wings. “I'll be fine, but Link won't! He's in danger!” They both watched as the now mindless Ganon take a swing at Link who block it with the Mirror Shield he received from when he and Emerald went through the Spirit Temple. Forgetting about the other blade in Ganon's hand, Link had let down his defenses down slightly to launch an attack of his own, only to take a hit from Ganon that knocked the Master Sword from his grasp. “Shit!” Emerald had flown up and grabbed the Master Sword as Link tried to dodge Ganon's attacks. She tried give Link back his weapon, but the magic-made arena had it's own defenses for dealing with half fairies. The entire arena was engulfed in an evil dark flame that Ganon had used on them many times before. Emerald couldn't stop herself as she went crashing into the force field of fire only to be sent reeling backwards yet again. In mid-spin, Emerald caught herself by opening her wings and floating down to safety. “Link…He's defenseless without the Master Sword!” Emerald watched with horror filled eyes as Link became covered in slashes and gashes from trying to block all of Ganon's attacks. “He's not going to l;ast much longer! What can I do to help him?!” Sheik saw the look on his Princess' face and then at the Master Sword.
 
If this would make his princess happy, then so be it. He picked up the Master Sword feeling it burn him because of his power over the shadows. He flinched a bit as he looked towards Link with his crimson eyes. “Milady Emerald…Start the chant to seal away Ganon for I know you were taught the spell.” Emerald looked up to Sheik to see he was smiling at her. He rarely smiled for anyone! “Sheik?” Her kissed her forehead ignoring the pain the Master Sword was causing him. “I love you and only you my princess and I would lay my life on the line for you always…So…I'm afraid this is our last day together…Take care Emerald.” Sheik took one last look at Emerald before dashing towards the flame shield. “Sheik!!” He ran through the flames while holding the Master Sword in his hands tightly.
 
Sheik scanned the arena to find Link, bleeding to death under Ganon's foot. He pulled out six throwing knives from around his leg as he quietly walked behind Ganon. “<Where is that god-forsaken soft spot on this armored abomination?!>” Sheik's skillful red eyes caught the creature's tail glowing and hurled the knives at it, causing it to squeal in pain. He was surprised to see a healing spell working it's magic around his body. He opened his eyes and shook his head as he slowly sat up. “Here Hero…You shall be needing this.” Sheik placed the Master Sword in his hands as he stood up to take the beast head on. “That's enough out of you!” Sheik and Link both charged the beast. He tried to take them both out by assaulting them with sword attacks, but Sheik nimble movements and Link's quick reflexes, they easily dodged him and slid under his legs. Sheik slashed his left leg with a small sword he kept at his waist while Link slashed the right one with the Master Sword. Ganon fell to his knees as Link and Sheik stood up with their blades ready.
 
The arena's fire failed as Ganon tried to move. Emerald, who had been chanting silently as this time, looked up and raised a hand over her head. “Forest, Fire, Water, Shadow, Spirit, and Light! Surrender thy powers to command thy true light! Open thy doors of everlasting darkness to seal another piece of evil within its dreadful keep!” Emerald's double-edge sword was engulfed in a radiant light that shot forth and pinned Ganon to the ground. She walked over while holding her Dual Rose and looked down at the pitiful beast that was now under her power. She looked around it's neck to see the other half of her Triforce hanging on a gold chain. “The Triforce wasn't corrupted at all…” She took in into her right hand where she absorbed the other half. Emerald gave a happy laugh as her hand shone with the complete Triforce of Power. “Now…Go to your eternal resting place you fiend…” Emerald swung her Dual Rose and a bright light engulfed them all.
 
 
 
When the light died down, they all realized that they were in the Temple of Time as teens again. “We're fourteen again?!” Link took his hands off the Master Sword that was now embedded in the Pedestal of Time. Emerald looked at her wings to see that they had returned to their glossy state. “Then, Ganon! Does that mean we…” “Yes…It means that Ganon has finally been sealed in the Realm of Darkness.” A ghostly apparition appeared and smiled warmly at the young Heros. “Milday Kaya!” “Mother…” “You have done well Emerald…You are now the most powerful Sage ever to walk in Hyrule's history.” Emerald blushed as she looked down. “Link…You have done well in protecting the young Sage even if she was a bit headstrong as you witness first hand.” Link chuckled as he put his hands behind his head. “That's true…” “Hey!” Emerald pushed Link and he landed in a heap on the floor from laughing. “Sheik…You have done well in guarding my daughter…I thank you from the bottom of my heart.” Sheik closed his eye as he smiled from underneath his scarves. “No thanks are necessary Milady Kaya. You should already know that I would protect my beloved Emerald no matter what.” Kaya smiled as she hovered over to her daughter. “If you ever feel lonely or you wish to see me…Just come to our garden…I'll always be there for you my little fairy.” Emerald wrapped her arms around her mother who kissed her forehead lovingly. “Thank you Mother…”
 
 
 
Epilogue
Seven Years Later…
 
Emerald fluttered her wings as she waited for Sheik to come outside and mount his horse, Shadow. “Jeez! What is taking him so long?! It takes me less to find what I need in the morning!” Emerald's horse, Courage snorted as he shook his all white mane. “Milady…You have to have patience with the Sheikah…He has waited quite some time to tell you how he really feels about you.” Emerald touched the all black speech crystal she designed so she could communicate with her horse. “I guess you're right Courage…” She fluttered her wings again as Shadow paced back and forth waiting for his master. “Emey!” She looked up and smiled as she saw Link and his horse, Epona riding up. “Hi Link!” He hugged her tightly when he pulled up close. “Are you ready to explore this new place I've found!?” “I will be as soon as Sheik finishes up in there.” Link made a face. Seven years ago, when they returned to the Temple of Time after their final match with Ganondorf, Sheik told Emerald how much he truly loved her and have been together since then. They were going very slow in their relationship and although Link has never seen the two actually kiss, it still drove him crazy to this day that he has never told Emerald that he loves her as much as Dark Link had.
 
“Why must you always bring him on our mini adventures?” Emerald glared at him. “The same reason you always bring Zelda on the ones I always seem to come up with.” Emerald's long, slender ears twitched when she heard her sister's horse, Dementia galloping up. “I'm as ready as I'll ever be Link!” She kissed Link on the lips making Emerald's stomach take a turn for the worst. She was very happy with Sheik, but a little part of her still wished that Link loved her as much as she loved him. She still missed her first love, Dark, very much and Sheik was well aware for he took extra care to make sure she was very happy.
 
“Milady Emerald, I am sorry that I am late.” He kissed her cheek making her blush mildly and Link nearly lose his breakfast. Shadow neighed softly as Sheik pet him. “Are we all ready for our next adventure?” Emerald smiled as she mounted Shadow to ride in Sheik's arms for half the ride. “I know I'm ready.” She leaned into Sheik so he could reach the reins. She pulled down his scarves and gave him a light kiss making him smile at her warmly. “Lead the way Hero.” Link cut his eyes at Sheik who held his lover's hand. “How come we've never done that?” Link said nothing to Zelda who whined about him not showing more affection towards her. They all rode off into the rising sun toward a new adventure that promises a very hard time ahead…
 
“(I told you to take care of her Hero…Now someone else has claimed out prize…Not only did you ignore your Dark Desires, you've tapped into a new darkness that will overtake your very soul…What are you going to do now when Jealously Corrupts your very heart?)”
 
To be continued…