Tokimeki Memorial Fan Fiction ❯ Toki Days ❯ Correspondence ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Toki Days
 
A Tokimeki Memorial - Happy Days Crossover / Slightly AU, Romance, Comedy, Drama, Parody
 
by Sailor Enlil
 
Tokimeki Memorial: Forever With You story with a flavor of Happy Days
 
Synopsis: Shiori Fujisaki starts her 2nd year in Kirameki Highschool with vague memories of her childhood. On the first day of school when she arrives at the gate, Rei Ijuuin, the Principal's grandson, makes his usual grand entrance via a limousine and cheering girls, a routine he's gone through since junior high. However, a new male transfer student in a black leather jacket arrives as a passenger on a motorcycle, and when he removes his helmet, he's dashingly handsome with a greased hairdo and carries himself like a debonair gentleman, effectively drawing the girls away from Rei. Meanwhile, as Shiori looks at him, she gets a nagging feeling in her heart that there's something strangely familiar about him.
 
Tokimeki Memorial is property of Konami; Happy Days is the creation of Garry Marshall and property of the American Broadcasting Company
 
 
Chapter prologue
 
(Tuesday, April 15, 1997, Late Afternoon, Music Room)
 
Fonzu and the girls clapped after the Rock Band's maiden performance. “Good work guys!” he said.
 
“That was great!” said Yuko.
 
“Wow you did really good onii-chan!” said Yumi.
 
“I agree, that was wonderful guys!” said Shiori.

“Ehehe. Thanks!” said Yoshio with a bit of embarrassment. Potsu grinned while Kaji gave a thumbs-up.
 
It was only at this point that they heard the clapping from someone else in the room. The band members looked ahead while Fonzu and the girls turned around to see who was behind.
 
Hello!” said a girl with grey hair tied in a bun, in English. “Konnichiwa!” she then greeted in Japanese.
 
“Eh? Ayako Katagiri-san?” said Yoshio in surprise.
 
 
Opening Theme
 
Nichi, Tsuki, Toki Days
Ka, Sui, Toki Days
Moku, Kana, Toki Days
Tsuchi, what a day
Groovin' all week with you
 
These days are all,
Tokimeki (Those Toki Days)
These days are all
Share them with me (Itoshii)
 
Sayonara grey sky, hello aoi.
When I hold you it's so sugoi.
Feels so right, it can't be wrong.
Rockin' and rollin' all week long.
 
These days are all,
Share them with me (Those Toki Days)
These days are all
Tokimeki (Itoshii)
These Toki Days are yours and mine (These Toki Days are yours and mine), Toki Days
 
Opening Theme Ends
 
 
Chapter 13: Correspondence
 
The newcomer, whom Yoshio addressed as Ayako Katagiri, approached the group.
 
“Well hello there,” said Fonzu.
 
Good Afternoon!” greeted Ayako in english. “Um, Akito Fonzureri, right?”
 
Yes, that's me.” replied Fonzu, also in english. “Oh, please call me Fonzu. How do you do, um, Miss Katagiri?”
 
I'm fine. Please call me Ayako. And you?
 
Likewise.
 
I have to admit you guys did quite well, for singing an American Rock song.
 
Well, on behalf of the group, thanks!”
 
“Um, guys?” Yoshio cut in, in Japanese of course. “If it's alright with you...”
 
“Ah! Gomen!” said Ayako, reverting to Japanese. “I just couldn't help practicing my english, especially with someone like Fonzu-kun here.”
 
“Cool.” said Fonzu. “I have to admit I'm surprised to know someone else who speaks english around here, well, aside from my cousin Kaji-kun, well, just a little at least.”
 
How do you do?” greeted Kaji, though his english attempt was heavily riddled by his Kanzai accent, earning a few giggles from Shiori, Yuko, and Yumi.
 
“Ehehe. Likewise.” said Ayako. “So, you guys into American Rock Music?”
 
“Actually, today's our first time to try it.” said Yosho. “In fact it's our club's first practice session.”
 
“Waah! Sugoi! Very good for first timers.” said Ayako enthusiastically.
 
“Hehe Fonzu-san's idea actually.” said Potsu.
 
“You really gotta hand it to Fonzu-niisan there!” said Kaji.
 
“I believe not all of us are properly introduced?” said Fonzu. “This is our Rock Band Club. That's Yoshio Saotome on the Electric Guitar, Wataru Wakaba, who we call Potsu, on Bass, and my cousin Kaoru Arima, known as Kaji, on Drums. These girls are our friends, Shiori Fujisaki, Yuko Asahina, and Yoshio's sister Yumi.”
 
“Hello everyone!” said Ayako.
 
Konnichiwa!” greeted Shiori.
 
“Hiya!” said Yumi.
 
“Yo!” said Yuko.
 
“So what brings you here Ayako-san?” asked Fonzu.
 
“Oh, just curious about who's performing here.” replied Ayako. “This music room's been awfully quiet for weeks.”
 
“Oh, yeah.” said Shiori, whose face fell a bit after being reminded of her old problem.
 
“Shiori-chan?” said Yuko with concern.
 
“Ah! Gomen! Did I say something wrong?” asked Ayako guiltily.
 
“Oh! No, it's okay.” said Shiori. “Whatever it was, it's all in the past now.”
 
“Oh yes. I remember you. You with the brass band club, right?” said Ayako.

“Yeah.”
 
“Oh, sorry about bringing it up.” said Ayako. “I had a few good friends in that club.”
 
“Eh?” piped Shiori.
 
“Yeah. Especially the band leader.”
 
“Oh. I see.”
 
“Anyway, so it's you guys in this room now?”
 
“Yep!” said Yoshio.
 
“Cool!” said Ayako. “Besides, I love rock music!”
 
“Really?” said Fonzu. “Feel free to watch our practices then.”
 
“Gee thanks!” said Ayako. “Anyway I better get going. Gotta finish my latest work.”
 
“Oh? What you working on?” asked Potsu.
 
“A painting right?” said Yoshio. Everyone looked at him.
 
“Yes! How did you know?” asked Ayako.
 
“You're in the art club right?” said Yoshio, surprising Ayako.
 
“Up to your old tricks again onii-chan!?” growed Yumi.
 
“Eh?” piped Ayako, looking confused.
 
“Hey! Cut it out!” said Yoshio.
 
“You have to excuse my brother here.” said Yumi. “He's known to be collecting girls' information from all over the school.”
 
“Oh, so you're the infamous girl database” said Ayako, looking intently on Yoshio. “No wonder your name sounded familiar.”
 
“Eh... wait a minute.” began Yoshio nervously, but Ayako cut him off with a laugh, surprising everyone.
 
“Hahaha! That's cute.” said Ayako.
 
“You don't know the half of it.” said Yumi.
 
“Well, whatever, interesting hobby, not that it'll get you anywhere.” said Ayako.
 
“Well it certainly didn't,” said Potsu, snickering.
 
Mou!” moaned Yoshio. All the girls giggled.
 
“Well, whatever. Anyway nice to meet you guys.” said Ayako. “Gotta get going.”
 
“Bye!” said Shiori. The other girls nodded in greeting.
 
Nice to meet you too, Ayako-san.” said Fonzu in english.
 
Ayako smiled. “Hmm, perhaps we should talk more often, Fonzu-kun?” she said in english.
 
I'll look forward to it!” replied Fonzu.
 
Ja!” said Ayako, before leaving.
 
“Geez onii-chan!” said Yumi.
 
“What?” said Yoshio.
 
“You're hopeless!” said Yumi.
 
“Yumi-chan!” growed Yoshio.
 
“Alright break it up you two!” said Fonzu. “Besides it's getting late.”
 
“Oh yeah, it's almost 6:30!” said Shiori. “I'm supposed to meet my friend after your practice guys.”
 
“Can't let Shinobu-neesan wait either.” said Fonzu.
 
“Okay, we'll clean up here while you two go ahead” said Yoshio.
 
“Shall we?” said Fonzu to Shiori.
 
“Okay!” replied Shiori.
 
“See you tomorrow guys!” said Fonzu.
 
Ja!” said Shiori.
 
“Take care!” said Yuko.
 
“Bye you two.” said Potsu.
 
“Bye!” said Yumi.
 
“Bye Fonzu-niisan, take care of Shiori-sempai!” said Kaji, making Potsu snicker.
 
Mou!” groaned Shiori.
 
“Hey we're not going home together” said Fonzu. “You said you're meeting a friend of yours, right?”
 
“Uh, hai!” blurted Shiori.
 
“Well whatever.” said Potsu.
 
“Come on!” said Fonzu to Shiori.
 
Hai!” replied Shiori quickly as she left the room with Fonzu.
 
“Gotta admit it's fun teasing Shiori-chan about being with Fonzu.” said Potsu. “They seem like a perfect couple.”
 
“Hmm, come to think of it you're right.” said Yuko.
 
“Yeah, although Fonzu did say he's looking for his childhood friend.” said Yoshio. “You don't think...”
 
“You mean, Shiori-sempai is his long lost childhood friend?” suggested Yumi.
 
“Hmm, nah, can't be.” said Kaji.
 
“What makes you say that?” said Potsu.
 
“If they were, shouldn't Shiori-sempai have remebered Fonzu-niisan?” said Kaji.
 
“I dunno.” said Yoshio. “Fonzu-san admitted he couldn't remember his childhood friend's name. Maybe if Shiori-chan is that girl Fonzu-san was talking about, she probably doesn't remember either? After all they haven't seen each other in 12 years!”
 
“Hmm” everyone mumbled.
 
“Let's keep this to ourselves?” said Yuko.
 
“Hmm, yeah. That's a good idea.” said Yumi.
 
“Come on! You're spoiling the fun.” said Potsu.
 
“Nah. I agree with Yuko-chan.” said Yosho. “Don't want to get in trouble with Shiori-chan. If she gets upset again...”
 
“Oh, alright” said Potsu.
 
Behind the doorway, Rei was secretly listening in on them. “Hehehe. Boy would you like to know.” he thought to himself with a smile, before walking away unnoticed.
 
(School gates)
 
“Glad to know you're feeling better Shiori-san.” said Fonzu.
 
“Um, yeah.” replied Shiori. “Well, my best friend happened to be around and she helped.”
 
“She must be really special.”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“Why not introduce her to us?”
 
“I try to, but she's quite shy, especially towards guys, although she's been asking about you.”
 
“I see.” said Fonzu. “Hmm, was she that brown haired girl I saw on the first day of school?” he thought to himself. His thoughts were interrupted by the familiar Harley motorbike and its driver. “Anyway my ride's here, so I'll see you tomorrow okay?” he said.
 
Hai! Take care!”
 
“You too!” said Fonzu, mounting the Harley. “Bye!”
 
“Bye!” said Shiori, as Fonzu put his helmet on, before his bike sped away.
 
Ending theme
 
Sayonara grey sky, hello aoi.
When I hold you it's so sugoi.
Feels so right, it can't be wrong.
Rockin' and rollin' all week long.
 
These days are all,
Share them with me (Those Toki Days)
These days are all
Tokimeki (Itoshii)
These Toki Days are yours and mine (These Toki Days are yours and mine), Toki Days
 
Ending Theme Ends
 
 
Chapter Epiloge
 
Shiori turned around and caught sight of her best friend. “Oh Megu! There you are!”
 
“Hi Shiori-chan!” greeted Megumi.
 
“You just missed Fonzu-kun.” said Shiori. “I would have introduced you.”
 
“Uh, that's okay,” replied Megumi meekly. “I don't think I'm ready to meet him just yet.”
 
“Megu, you have to get over your shyness soon. Besides he's really nice.”
 
Megumi paused.
 
“Megu?” said Shiori worriedly.
 
“I-I'm okay.” Megumi quickly replied. “I, I guess I'm still having trouble with guys. Though, Fonzu-kun seems very nice to you.”
 
“Yeah. He's the nicest guy I've ever met.”
 
“Eh? Do you like him?”
 
Shiori did a double take. ”Huh? Uh, no, not like that! Hahaha! W-we're just good friends.” she blurted out while laughing with embarrassment.
 
“Um, okay.” said Megumi.
 
“Come on let's go.”
 
Hai!”
 
As Shiori left the campus with Megumi, she had a nagging thought. “Just friends, huh? But, why did it feel so wrong to say that?” she thought.
 
Meanwhile, the same koala-haired girl from before was peeking at the pair from behind a post. “Tough luck Megumi-chan.” she said with a sigh. “Why is Fonzu-kun so hard to reach?”
 
-TBC
 
A/N: So now Ayako is a new acquaintance to Fonzu. When either of them (or anyone for that matter) speaks english, their lines are in italics (actually, I'm using italics when words are spoken in their native languages, like some of the Japanese words that are used from time to time). And as hinted, Ayako's part of Shiori's sad experience with the ill-fated Brass Band Club (also an idea from Irodori no Lovesong). Also, I decided to have some fun making the gang suspicious about Fonzu and Shiori's developing companionship.
 
Also, Megumi seems to be in kahoots with Koala-girl. Note that they're in the same class as it is revealed in Tabidachi no Uta. I'm thinking of a clever situation for those two.