Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ 5 Days to Fall in Love ❯ Monday: Part I ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

R_S: For the record, not only is this my first Tokyo Mew Mew fanfiction, but I have only seen a few episodes of the dubbed anime, none of which contained Taruto, Pai, or Zakuro. This is purely based on other fictions! And FYI, this will mainly focus on Zakuro's POV.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Tokyo Mew Mew. If I did, Zakuro would have much bigger parts and end up with Pai, Ryou would return Retassu's feelings, and Taruto and Purin would give in to their practically canon crushes on one another.
 
 
5 Days to Fall in Love
Chapter 1
 
Monday-
 
With an emotionless mask of indifference covering her face, Zakuro breathed in the crisp night air until it filled every crevice of her lungs. Exhaling slowly, she sighed. Her knee high boots' four-inch heels clicked on the pavement, black leather shining from the streetlights, its sound mingling with the clanging of her silver bangles. The black miniskirt swayed slightly in the wind, its two vertical lavender stripes even with the sides of her legs. She hugged her black jacket closer and grabbed her matching newsboy cap to prevent it from flying off in the wind. A silver crucifix bounced from a chain around her neck against her chest, clad in a lavender tube top. The words `Gentle… but Brutal' were slanted haphazardly across her bust in faux black spray-paint.
 
The young superhero had taken to long walks through the darkened city and was quite confident that she needed no protection, regardless of the well-known dangers that lurked. She felt that, while normal women definitely should not be wandering without at least a small can of pepper spray, a member of team Mew Mew, such as herself, was fully capable of basic self-defense.
 
Further more, she was in dire need of quiet time to contemplate and be away from the other girls she called her friends. Work earlier had been exceedingly stressful, causing her to jump at the chance to leave. While she would always love those women like long lost sisters, and Ryou and Keiichiro like long lost brothers, they had a tendency to pry into other people's business. Especially Ichigo. Minto was just as bad, due to her occasionally annoying inclination to use the celebrity as a role model. And, with all the crushes she knew those girls had, they'd recognize her conflict immediately.
 
Everyone has his or her slight infatuations during teen years, even the most stoic. The only real difference is the type of people stoic teens become infatuated with. Rather than going for the sweet, popular one they could never have, the more unemotional teens go for another type of unattainable person: the ones like them. Yes, they go for their fellow teens that harbor an indifferent expression and are perhaps the `bad boy' or `bad girl'. This was even true for her.
 
But it was just an adolescent crush, of course. An adolescent crush that was infecting her mind like a virus, seeping into every pore of her brain until she could no longer focus on anyone or anything other than the object of her desire. More than once she had come close to letting his name slip off her tongue. Every time she closed her eyes she saw his strong, chiseled features. He had her rapped around his little finger, and didn't even realize it. Of course, it didn't help that she often heard his name daily at work when some people ordered. Bored of the almost semi-busy street, she turned into a darker side lot.
 
“Lil guhls shuhn't be wanduh'in roun' uh terrato'ies.” Zakuro spun around to face the interrupting party. A slurred, barely understandable voice had sent the hairs on the back of her neck bristle in caution as a group of men circled around her. Amethyst eyes darted across each of the offenders, able to determine that they were a group of drunken gang members. Most of them held some form of weaponry in their large, burly hands. Be it chains, a pocketknife, or a broken beer bottle, she had to admit that they managed to appear intimidating.
 
“Can I help you?” her voice came out cold and unemotional. She didn't bother moving her stance into a fighting position, surprising them could work to her advantage. Hopefully she wouldn't have to fight them. Of course, hoping can only get you so far. Calmly regarding them as they watched her, she waited for one to move.
 
“I dunno pretty lady, can ya?” she grimaced, as particularly greasy member looked her up and down while taunting suggestively. Rolling her eyes she sneered in response, earning a slight glare from him. However, the group mostly just seemed amused that a lone, seemingly muscle less girl had the audacity to stand up to them: a rowdy group of dangerous gangsters.
 
“Cool yo'self,” another one grinned while looking at her in the same way, “yo' gonna hafta shauh.”
 
“Share this.” She flipped her middle finger at the opposing parties angrily. The men only laughed or `ooo'ed rather than being at all intimidated.
 
“Hey, ah know you,” one of the more semi-sober members pointed a finger in her direction, “you dat supuh model, pop star, actress guhl, o' whatevuh.”
 
“Yeauh,” another agreed, “Zakuro Fujiwara. Yo' wuh on dat billboahd uptown.” The other members began looking at her more carefully and agreed.
 
“As much as the fact that a group of lowlife street scum knows who I am elates me, I'm afraid I'll have to be going.” Holding her head high she walked toward one of the gaps between men. However, they and a third member moved into her path.
 
“So'y guhly,” the first speaker and presumed leader spoke, his bleach-blond spikes appearing almost luminescent “bu' you can' go jus' yeauht. We still gotta get much mo'… acquain'ed.” More chuckling and a few catcalls mixed in with some cheering bounced off the brick walls surrounding them and the other alleyways.
 
“Oo, `acquainted', I'm impressed. Did you learn that big bad word all by yourself?” She rolled her eyes. “As much as the idea of getting `acquainted' with you makes me feel oh so warm and fuzzy inside, I think I'll pass. Now,” she turned toward the three standing before her, “would you kindly step to the side, please?” Unfortunately for her, the group was getting somewhat annoyed at her seemingly endless spunk.
 
“Ah'm afraid you ain't got a choice in da madduh', guhly.” The group chose this time to close in a bit, making a tight barrier all around her. In return, she discarded what little politeness she'd been approaching them with.
 
“Get out of my way.” Zakuro spoke in a low, menacing tone. The group only narrowed their eyes and smirked.
 
“Ya ain't paid da toll yeauht.” A hand connected with her butt with a loud smack. She whipped around, a fiery anger burning in her eyes.
 
“Don't touch me!” She growled in fury. She was going to have to fight them soon. Using her power pendant meant that not only could she end up killing them but also that her Mew Mew identity would become public, and she couldn't risk that. No, she would have to fight this one relying on her natural born abilities.
 
“O' else yuhl whauht?” another guy pinched her, causing her to turn back around, only for two members to smack her again.
 
“Are you really sure you want to find out?” she hissed in response to the man's question.
 
“Sho' thang guhly!” the leader called.
 
“Oo baby, make it huht so good!” another joked.
 
“Fine,” she smirked, “suit yourselves.” She jumped the guy in front of her.
 
Zakuro's fist collided with the gangster's nose, causing a sickeningly audible crack. The man clutched his nose, shrieking in pain as blood poured through the cracks of his fingers. He had fallen to his knees. The group stood, blinking for a moment, before rage kicked in. She was met with a flurry of fists from all different directions, and all dodged with expert precision. Ducking down, she swept her foot and brought knocked over two more. After that, they took out the heavy artillery.
 
A chain had rapped itself around the arm of the violet-haired defender, attached on the other end was a gang member. Locking her elbow, she swung her arm in the opposite direction as hard as possible, knocking the gangster to his knees. Another one of the offenders came at her with a broken glass bottle. Seeing him just in time, she moved to the left, yet it still managed to graze her right cheek. The same guy was able to throw a punch that collided with the diagonal cut reaching up her face. At that point she threw a kick directly into his gut, resulting in his having the wind knocked out of him. Never underestimate a four-inch heel.
 
“Ah!” Her head swung around, amethyst orbs widening, to see where the pocketknife had been embedded in her shoulder. Biting her lip to stop from crying out anymore, she kneed the knife wielding gang member in the crotch before punching him dead center in the mouth. Ducking under another beer bottle, she sprung up and landed a kick on another's head. However, her victory was short lived.
 
A nauseating `thunk' was heard as the gang leader's lead pipe connected with the left side of Zakuro's head. She fell to the ground moaning, with blurred vision. The last thing she saw was a figure jumping down, seemingly from a rooftop.
 
End Chapter
 
 
R_S: Don't worry, the chapters will get longer! Ok, I already have 2-5 written and ready to be uploaded. Review s'il vous plaîte!