Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Can I? ❯ Can I? ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Some notes by the author: Well this is sort of a first attempt so bear with me. I don't usually write anything that is even remotely serious so bear with me and please tell me what you think of it (its ok if you don't like it or think its bad I really wanna know what people honestly think of my work). OK now enough of my babbling.

Can I?

I've lost. He won. Does that mean he's right? Or more importantly does that mean she is right? No, I can't bring myself to believe that. She was a foolish woman with foolish ideas. I don't think I could ever accept her as my brother has.

My brother, I had always thought I was stronger than he was. In that respect I suppose I am wrong. He just proved that. I always thought of his concern for humans as a weakness, maybe it isn't. I can't really tell anymore. I do know that I can't stand them. They are rather pathetic creatures. They are set so firmly in the patterns of their lives that the idea that there is a better way to live barely even occurs to them. All they have is their self-destructive habits that they refuse to give up. Why does he even bother?

Damn. This is painful. And uncomfortable. I'm feeling a bit like a sack of potatoes. Or rather I'm feeling a bit like what I imagine a sack of potatoes would feel like if a sack of potatoes could feel. Which, incidentally, they can't. I am not really sure I prefer this to being left in the desert, mostly because I'm not really sure what to do now. I wonder where we are going. Does it even mater? Some human town or city I suppose. Strange to think I am completely at his mercy. The man who's life I have done my best to make hell. My brother. I have no choice but to trust him.

Perhaps that is all I need to do right now. Trust him. Trust Vash. This isn't going to be easy. I am so used to him being wrong. But then maybe that's what I have been wanting all along. To be able to trust my brother. Of course I wanted him to trust me too, and I wanted to trust him on my own terms. This could work though, I guess.

I can hear the sounds of the town in the distance. I am trying to reassure myself that I can do this. Just trust Vash. Maybe I can't do this, but then do I really have any choice but to try?