Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Eternity ❯ eternity ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Eternity

"Vash! Please! Don't leave me alone in the dark, again!" Meryl screamed helplessly, into the darkness around her, as a man with a red trench coat and blonde hair faded away in the distance.

Falling to the ground she cried, pouring her heart into her hands. Another man soon appeared before her. "T-Tony?" Meryl whispered, looking up. The young man smiled, "Hey." She flung herself forward. "Oh Tony! My babies finally back!" Meryl said hugging the muscular man. "Good to see you to…mom." She looked back up at him, kissing him on the cheek he to disappeared. "No! Cody please!" Meryl begged seeing yet another man in front of her. "I'm sorry…my wife." He to faded into the blackness!"

"TONY! CODY!" she almost screamed bolting upright in bed, covered a cold sweat. She put her head in her hands, crying, she missed them all so much. It pained her for her heart to tell her that she might be alone forever. Of course she could try Vash, but his heart was stolen long ago. He was her only chance for true happiness.

"Please come back to me… Cody… Tony… you too Nicola." Tears once again stained her face she wasn't ashamed to cry she was alone. But when someone was around her Mask took over.

Vash was in the next room. He was wide-awake, listening to her cries. `Who? Who were those men, that woman? They must have been close to her. ` Closer than he could ever get. He loved her and knew he did, it's just that he knew they couldn't be together. While he stayed young she would age, sooner or later she would die and he would be left alone again. He hated to think about it, but couldn't help it sometimes.

"Tony? Cody? Nicola?" Those are the names she calls out every night. Along with his own. She would dream about him and he knew that also. He seemed to know a lot about her, but yet know nothing at all.

The next thing she said caught him totally off guard, "It's been almost 300 years since you all died, when and where I will I meet you again?"

He was shocked, 300 years? Could she be the same as him? Slowly and unsurely he stood up, walking on wobbly legs towards the door he knocked on Meryl's own door?

"Meryl? Are you ---?" She flung herself onto him, soon he felt hot liquid soak through his thin nightshirt. Soothingly he stroked her back. Getting to wear he could sit up against the wall with her in his lap. "Is it true?" he asked when her sobs had subsided. "Is what true?" she asked looking up at him, fear in her eyes. Did he know her secret?"

"I know all your family died, Tony. Cody. Nicola. You scream their names at night, and whisper them when asleep. Did they really all die 300 years ago?" his eyes were soft and serious but yet inviting in case she broke down again. "How do you know?" She didn't know what to think, all she wanted to do at that moment was hide or run away, but her body was dead.

"I hear you through the walls at night, I hear you cry… every night." Few more tears made their way to freedom but were stopped but his ungloved hand. "You don't need to cry anymore, I'll be here for you… forever…." He whispered, starring into her gray watery pools. "I know you will." She whispered back, her heart felt like could fly right out of her chest, she wouldn't be alone forever, she had someone to love and to love her for the rest of…well eternity.