Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Mystic Grey ❯ Volume Five: Chap. Fifteen: Panic ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Panic

The next morning, Meryl knocked on the door.

“Rieko! We need to talk,” she said. “Rieko! Rieko!” The insurance woman frowned. She opened the door. Her heart sank. The bed was empty.

“Vash!” Meryl yelled. It got worse when she saw the open window.

“Where did she go?” Vash asked. Meryl looked worried. Minerva clicked her tongue.

“How long has she been gone?” she asked. The parents struggled to answer.

“I… I… I don't know!” she said. Vash put his hand on her shoulder. She turned to him. Minerva sighed and rubbed her forehead.

“Never mind that,” she said. “We've got to work with what we have.” She lowered her hand.

“Where's the nearest town?” she asked. The pair tried to think.

“About thirty miles?” Meryl asked.

“Okay,” Minerva said calmly. “We still have time. Did she take anything with her?” Everyone looked around. Nothing seemed out of place.

“Good,” Minerva said. “She won't get far. But we have to hurry.”

“Right,” Vash and Meryl said. They had to find the girl before it was too late.

--------

Meanwhile, the boy smirked. She was on the move again. Which way was she going? East? West? South, maybe? He closed his eyes and took her in.

“Yes…”

But then he paused. What is this? He opened his eyes and frowned. What is this? He opened his eyes and frowned. Oh. It was him again. The boy clicked his tongue. No! He wasn't going to have her.

“She's mine! Mine!” the boy shouted. He beat his chest. The boy stood up and vanished into thin air.

--------

Rieko shivered as she kept walking. She didn't know why she did this. The girl had no money, food, water, or gear. She just left. Rieko didn't know where she was going. The girl knew that she had to keep walking. Rieko closed her eyes.

“I'm so sorry, everyone,” she whispered to herself. Rieko clenched her fists by her side. She had no choice but to keep going. Keep going to keep them safe. She would be in the next town in three days. Would she be able to hold out that long? She didn't know but Rieko would have to see.

Keep Moving