Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Paper Flowers ❯ The first chapter ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I don't own Trigun. Or the song Whisper. I can, however, eat bananas really fast. ^_^ Wanna see?

Wolfwood: n_n Just get on with the stupid fic.

Um, apologies for the ..badiness? Is that a word? o.O?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

We had a small funeral for him. Millie didn't come. She couldn't. She spent the whole time crying on her bed, next to the Punisher. She was hit hard by his death, almost as hard as I have been.

Catch me as I fall

Say you're here and it's all over now

Speaking to the atmosphere

no one's here and I fall into myself

this truth drives me into madness

I know I can stop the pain if I will it all away

I'm trying to be strong. Be strong for the girls. Be strong for myself. I have this feeling that if I start crying, I'll never stop. So I can't, I've got to keep myself under control. But I'm screaming inside.

Don't turn away

don't give in to the pain

don't try to hide

though they're screaming your name

don't close your eyes

God knows what likes behind them

Don't turn out the light

never sleep never die

I sat by the hurriedly made grave for hours. There weren't any real flowers, like there were supposed to be. So I found paper in one of the deserted homes and made a few. When Meryl left, I made them red. A quick slash of the finger was all that was needed. I only had to reopen the wound once, it was enough to dye two paper flowers.

I'm frightened by what I see

but somehow I know that there's much more to come

immobilized by my fear

and soon to be blinded by tears

I can stop the pain if I will it all away

It didn't help. Nicholas is still dead. No matter what I do, he won't come back. He can't come back. No matter how long I lay above his makeshift coffin on the newly turned ground, no matter how many tears I will come to eventually shed. He was killed. And ultimately, he was killed because of Knives. Because I haven't been able to take care of Knives.

Don't turn away

don't give in to the pain

don't try to hide

though they're screaming your name

don't close your eyes

God knows what lies behind them

Don't turn out the light

never sleep never die

Sometimes I dream of a slightly tanned face topped with raven-colored hair, deep cobalt eyes half-way covered by slipping black shades. The face is usually smiling in that rakish way. A lot of the times, he has wings. Black wings. It's not a bad look, really. And sometimes, just sometimes, I get to tell him what I couldn't do in real life before he died. That I loved him.

Fallen angels at my feet

whispered voices at my ear

death before my eyes

lying next to me I fear

she beckons me shall I give in

forsaking all I've fallen for I rise to meet the end

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Yes, I did shamelessly steal a line from the deleted scenes of PotC. So sue me. Go right on ahead. ¬¬ _I dare you_