Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Smile ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

It's about time I got this posted up here... I don't know if I like the songfic version as much as I like the original. If you prefer to read the original, you can find it <a href= http://authorunknown.diary-x.com/journal.cgi?entry=20020704a>here</a& gt;

Songs used (listed by section)

Section 1- Prologue: none

Section 2- Smile For Me: "Dream On"- Depeche Mode

Section 3- Interlude: none

Section 4- Comatose: "Comatose"- Depeche Mode

Section 5- Home: none.

Disclaimer: I don't own Trigun. Nightow-sama and all the other people involved should know I'm not seeking profit with this. Blah, blah, blah, etc.

Pairings: Legato/Knives, Legato/Midvalley, implied Midvalley/Chapel (Wolfwood)

Warning: Yaoi, Violence.

I remember the first time I saw him coming out of that room, bleeding. I remember seeing the cuts on his face, cut into a mimicry of a smile. I remember the pain in his eyes. The pain, and the paranoia. Walking with his head held high, something that would have been mistaken by someone who didn't know him for pride. That commanding air of power still encircling him. No one else was around, and even if they had been, no one would have dared questioned him. No one questioned Legato Bluesummers. And few were given the honor of this place anyway. Knives' sanctuary was something I had never, in all my days, expected to see even the outer areas of, let alone, the things I've seen.

Legato was the only one who even had a place here. The only one who even had a semblance of belonging. He had a chamber of his own. A long hallway and several doors separated the lobby-like area from Knives' inner sanctum. And off that pale imitation of a den was the room that Legato called home. He once told me that he had no home; that he'd never had a home. That little room was the closest thing to a home Legato ever knew, and likely would ever know. The one time the subject came up, he'd said that He was his home. And that he needed nothing else. I believe him.