Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ The Foreign Exchange Student ❯ Definitely a Foreigner ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

School had just ended. Kyon and Itsuki were playing a board game, Mikuru was making tea, and Yuki was reading. Again, Kyon got his five minutes of nice melancholy- but he knew it wouldn't last long.
“HERE HE IS!” exclaimed Haruhi.
Mikuru was surprised and spilled tea all over her maid outfit. Itsuki quietly turned his head, smiling. Yuki continued to read. Kyon sighed in sadness, wishing he could help the poor guy get out of the club room.
The boy was tall, possibly six feet. He wore a long red trench coat with hundreds of black buttons. He had platinum blond, long hair that shot up into the air. Something was bulging out of his right pocket. His right arm was covered in metal, and he wore gloves that showed nothing but the fingers.
Yup, he's definitely a foreigner thought Kyon.
“This is Vash,” said Haruhi. “He moves around a lot so he couldn't give me a specific place where he's from. Vash, introduce yourself.”
Don't make it sound like an order! thought Kyon.
“Heeeey! My name is Vash! Let's be friends, kay-kay!”
“Nice to meet you”, said Itsuki. “This is Kyon, Yuki, and Mikuru.”
“Members, introduce yourselves!” demanded Haruhi.
A few muffled hellos came, as well as a squeal-like one.
“Hey, I have an idea,” said Kyon. “Let's play a game to get to know each other!”
Something was definitely up. Kyon never did this sort of thing.
Haruhi couldn't tell. “That's the spirit, Kyon!” she exclaimed. She was a smart girl, but she could be rather clueless.
“Yuki, Itsuki, Mikuru and I will go outside to plan,” said Kyon. “You two stay in here.”
The four got out of the clubroom quite quickly.
They all knew that this was not a game. But Kyon had to find out, and this was the only option.
“He's not an esper,” said Itsuki.
“He might be a time-traveler, but I can't say for sure,” added Mikuru.
“I am also unable to trace his origin as well,” finished Yuki.
So Kyon, curious, walked back into the clubroom.
“What freaking took you so long?” asked Haruhi.
“We found out the game is a bad idea,” Kyon replied.
“Idiot,” said Haruhi.